MadWorld

Posted by Panic!

[quote=Wikipedia]In MadWorld, Varrigan City has become a target for a group of terrorists known as "The Organizers". The Organizers have taken over the city and transformed it into the setting for a game show called Death Watch, where the city's citizens are being forced to fight for their lives against mysterious enemies, for a prize of 100 million dollars.

[URL]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MadWorld[/URL]

Looks like an awesome game. Set to release March 10th in North America. I can't wait.

Posted by Linko_16

Oh, yeah, this has been off my radar. A grungy, modern, comic-book *** of War. Hope it turns out good, could be the first impressive Sega game since, sheesh, who knows what.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Sega isn't making it. PlatinumGames is and they're responsible for Viewtiful Joe, Okami and *** Hand. So yeah, it's looking pretty hot and recently journalists got their hands on it. Seem to enjoy it.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Linko_16;924184][COLOR=indigo]Oh, yeah, this has been off my radar. A grungy, modern, comic-book *** of War. Hope it turns out good, could be the first impressive Sega game since, sheesh, who knows what.[/COLOR]

IT'S G[COLOR=lightgreen]O[/COLOR]D HAND. IT'S MADE BY THE PEOPLE THAT MADE G[COLOR=lightgreen]O[/COLOR]D HAND. NOT SHI[COLOR=lightgreen]T[/COLOR]TY G[COLOR=lightgreen]O[/COLOR]D OF WAR, G[COLOR=lightgreen]O[/COLOR]D HAND.

I'm kind of scared for this, it still sounds like they've got poxy Quick Timer Events in it, except it probably won't be as difficult as GH since game journalists are faggots who hate developing any kind of skill in anything.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Speedfreak: IT'S G[COLOR=lightgreen]O[/COLOR]D HAND. IT'S MADE BY THE PEOPLE THAT MADE G[COLOR=lightgreen]O[/COLOR]D HAND. NOT SHI[COLOR=lightgreen]T[/COLOR]TY G[COLOR=lightgreen]O[/COLOR]D OF WAR, G[COLOR=lightgreen]O[/COLOR][I]D HAND.

I can't find a copy of *** Hand anywhere. :( I'm with you on "****ty *** of War," though, it was just the first thing that came to mind watching depictions of outrageous kill sequences.

No one bought *** Hand so no store carries it anymore. Online is the only place you're likely to find it.

Posted by Linko_16

Which is why I still don't have it - because I know I could look it up online anytime, there's no urgency to do so, so I never have a reason to actually go and get it.

Buying stuff online is for fags anyways

Posted by Ant

and people who like to find bargins/rare thing. :(

oh and madworld yeah i'll probably get that

Posted by Last Fog

A stylized-gore-game, how original.

Posted by Speedfreak

The essence of a game is in its presentation, which can be deduced from a single screenshot.

Posted by coromoro

I saw G[b]od Hand today at my local game store. :cool:

Should I get it? Can someone tell me about it?[/b]

Posted by Linko_16

Get it and mail it to me.

Quoted post: Should I get it? Can someone tell me about it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-t2Ka67COs&feature=related

sums it up. get it

Posted by coromoro

Wow... my mind has been blown. I will get it.

Posted by Zeta

I still need to find my own copy. Rented it and loved it. :(

Posted by Speedfreak

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lz899yPImAE

I think this better describes it.

Posted by Panic!

lol nice looks fun. I've never seen *** Hand before. Looks pretty cool.

Posted by coromoro

Man, that looks so ridiculous and fun. Clover makes such cool games. I might even pick it up today, as long as it's not too ridiculously overpriced like 90% of games here.

Posted by Speedfreak

Even if it's double the retail price, consider that you've probably spent more than that on several games that are absolutely not worth anything.

Posted by coromoro

Oh, hey guys, look what I got.

The price was actually fine. I bet nobody ever bought the game. People suck at gaming in Mexico. :cool:

Edit: Oh, and sorry Linko. I'd rather have it for myself. :(

Posted by Speedfreak

Beware, QTEs ahead. They're noy really offensive until you get to fight the female devil in her final form, though. There's one there that's just complete bull.

Posted by coromoro

Hah, all right. Thanks for the heads-up.

Also it's a pretty hard game, so yeah. Can get kinda frustrating.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

HOLY CRAP COROMORO IS HOT AS HELL

also yeah be prepared to get frustrated with it but it's kinda like ninja gaiden in that the frustration actually contributes to your red hot love for the game once you gain mastery over its complexities, etc

Yeah, good analogy actually. Though unlike NG the frustration can work against it. Probably why it was reviewed so poorly where as NG was always reviewed favourably.

Posted by Speedfreak

I figured it was reviewed porrly because the graphics are complete ass and the story is retarded. Certainly worse games have gotten higher scores.

Most ps2 games looked like complete ***. And maybe you have a point about the story but idk, that's one of the reasons I bought the game in the first place.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

and because reviewers usually only play like 20% of a freakin game before they lay down their score

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;925449]Most ps2 games looked like complete ***. And maybe you have a point about the story but idk, that's one of the reasons I bought the game in the first place.

I hope you just wanted to see how bad it was!

Seriously though, look at it. The animation is actually pretty good but everything else looks like a PS2 launch game or worse. It clearly had a smaller budget than most Capcom titles.

Not like you really need to play the entirety of *** hand to get it though. You either "get it" in the first couple hours or you never do. Same with Ninja Gaiden. You're either down with the difficulty after the first boss or you might as well give up right then and there. You don't have to play either game all the way through.

Quoted post: I hope you just wanted to see how bad it was!

Seriously though, look at it. The animation is actually pretty good but everything else looks like a PS2 launch game or worse. It clearly had a smaller budget than most Capcom titles.

Well I'm talking about the cutscenes and all of that. Not the actual overarching story. Everything within it though I thought was pretty funny. Anyways, in a game like *** hand the animations are pretty much all that matters. The environments are ****, but that really had no bearing on anything. Plus, I could always excuse that on the PS2.

Also, it was made after Okami. I really didn't expect it to have a lot of money backing it after how badly that game flopped.

Posted by Speedfreak

Yeah, I don't think you need to play a game in its entirety to judge it. If after 2 hours you desperately want to stop playing then that's a fatal flaw of the game, no matter how good it is afterwards.

EDIT: This does not, however, excuse IGN giving GH a 3 because they're shit at it. It's not even harder than Ikaruga, and they wanked over that. Then again they probably had a different PS2 editor to their Gamecube one.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting coromoro: Oh, and sorry Linko. I'd rather have it for myself. :(

I'll kill you.

Posted by coromoro

Wow... that's scary coming from you.

Posted by Linko_16

:cookie: