The new NES clones

Posted by Proto Man

I don't know where they came from, but all of a sudden, these new NES toploader clone systems have been showing up. I AM GETTING SICK AND TIRED OF IT! They are constanly in your face, and at the top of the page! I have half a mind to report these guys to Nintendo! I would never buy one of those things, and I hope nobody ever does. What really irritates me is that they list them with this title:

NEW Original NES Toploader.

Please people, if you want an NES, get a real one, not these phonies.

Posted by inequity

I think those things come from china or something. They are on every page when I look up something related to "NES" on ebay.

Yeah, Im sick of them as well.

Posted by bazariah

i was on the uk ebay earlier looking for us import systems, i saw 37 of the fuckers at least

Posted by Roth

Someone that goes by Uglyclone posted this link on the NES Forums:

http://hawanja.com/famiclones.htm

Now, THAT's alot of clones!

Posted by bazariah

yeah i was reading that earlier,
the tv famicom looks so boss i remember seeing one when i was younger, but could never remember how it looked

Posted by JannettyTheRocker

I realize that nobody has replied to this thread in a few months, but I'd just like to say that I agree with you guys. I use Ebay a lot for buying rare games, and those NES clones are always on there............About two months ago I was trying to play my NES and couldn't get my Zelda working. I went on Ebay and decided to buy an NES clone called "FamilyBoy" as it was much cheaper than buying an official top-loading NES (which I still really want). The "FamilyBoy" works fine, has about 9 or 10 original games on the system, which aren't half bad. It plays both NES and Famicom (Japanese NES) games, which is very cool. The few issues I do have with the "Family Boy" is (1) The controller and system are poorly made, very flimsy. (2) To play North American NES games, you have to insert an add-on cartridge to your NES cart, and it's difficult to insert into the machine properly, and (3) I still have the same issues with having to mess around with the system to get the NES games to work. First few attempts are just blank or distorted title screens....................FINAL THOUGHTS : If you don't care about collecting, then buy a clone NES. It gets the job done for a cheaper price. But for COLLECTORS, or serious gamers, buy an original NES or official NES top-loader. They are more durable, and you don't have to use a second cartridge to play your games.

PS: I cleaned my games with a q-tip and alcohol, and store them in zip-locks. The problems with the "FamilyBoy" were system related.

Oh, and I almost forgot. The NES clone has it's own controller. It will NOT work with NES accessories (etc. Zapper Gun, R.O.B.), VERY VERY DISAPPOINTING!!!!!!!

Posted by Proto Man

Always get an original, there is nothing better!

Posted by The Punisher

Ive though about buying one for a while, but recently my good freind got a realy small system. I'm thinking it was an SNES not NES but it was pretty good and durable. I'm a pretty cheap person so if i wanted to get a quick videogame fix, I would just buy a knock off.

Posted by Tyler Durden

King Game VI:
[IMG]http://hawanja.com/images/KingGameVI_2.jpg[/IMG]

Looks like a bad rip-off of the Genesis 3. My friend owns this load of crap, it'll only translate English carts to Japanese. Not vice-versa.

EDIT: Oddly enough, I own a controller that belongs to the [Brazillian] Hot Boy Famiclone. I thought I found a turbo-4 button TL controller. Stupid me.

Posted by Podoboo

Yeah I am so sick of these clones as well. They are everywhere, it seems everymonth there is some new NES Clone out that people are talking about.

If you want to play NES, just buy a used one. Most of the time the only thing wrong with the NES is the pins, you can buy a new replacement pin online. I have even heard of Nintendo sending a pin adaptor to people for free, now that is long lasting service.

Posted by Boner

I noticed these months ago on ebay. While I am not against the top loader idea, as it would probably function better, I refuse to buy the non-Ninty version.