Do you order your games online?

Posted by final kaoss

I've been using newegg for a while & I recommend them for cheap prices, fast shipping and order tracking. I've been ordering games from them since June 2008. My most recent purchase from them is Metroid Prime 3 corruption. I've looked in walmart, bestbuy & circuit city with no sign of the game in either (in their stores, not on their sites). So I decide to check newegg for it and sure enough they have it in stock for $50.42 (it says free shipping for MP3 Corruption but they charged me for it anyways, overall it's still incredibly cheap).

Quoting http://www.salesandservice.org/Partners_and_Resources/CustServChoiceAwards.asp: Previous Recipients of the Customers' Choice Awards
2007 Recipients
1. L.L.Bean
2. Zappos.com
3. Amazon.com
4. Overstock.com (found some awesome prices for refurbished computers, minus the monitors)
5. Blair Corporation
6. Lands' End
7. Coldwater Creek
8. Nordstrom
9. Lane Bryant
10. Newegg.com

Posted by Panic!

Nah, I don't think I've ever ordered a game offline. I was thinking about a few games offline, though, because Amber's tep-dad has gotten some cool ones for the Wii really cheap of some website he goes to.

Posted by #061402

Buying online is generally cheaper. I like browsing stores and making unexpected findings, but when you have a price tag of 599kr vs 150kr, you go with the cheaper.

Posted by Dexter

I often explore online stores when I'm searching for games I know I'd have trouble finding in stores, such as NES games. Pawn Shop exploring is fun too though! I've bought a lot of NES and Super NES games online but I don't think I've ever bought a current gen game online.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I never buy **** online, whether games or anything else. Unless it's a CD I really want and know the band will never be around.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Only buy online if the game is hard to come by around here.

Posted by final kaoss

Same here. I've bought some cheap sticks of ram, a battery charger, cd burner and an extra usb 2.0 PCI Card from them. All I can say is, use gift cards, never your main credit card when shopping online, instead of losing thousands of dollars if someone gets your card info (think keyloggers, trojans etc.) you only lose however much cash was left on the prepaid card..

As soon as I get another prepaid card, I plan on getting [URL="http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136321"]this 1 tb drive[/URL]

Quoting Angelwing: Only buy online if the game is hard to come by around here.

Posted by Proto Man

Anymore I've been buying my used videogames at the local video game store because I either don't feel like waiting for it, or it might be just as cheap there as it is online (or cheaper). If it's something hard to find, I'll get it on eBay. I buy new stuff from Newegg for the most part unless I need/want it right away.

Posted by DaM g00d DuDDiN

Allthough It's a good idea I probably will never buy online. Just beacause you can be 100% sure you will get it without any hassle.

Posted by Synth2012

I buy all the games online. You can get them a lot cheaper sometimes, even with shipping.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

My store is in a shopping mall. Therefore, online shopping is a tool of Satan. Real men shop at the mall.

Posted by Degeneration

I buy them where I work because of the discount. Screw shipping costs, waiting and (dare I even say) bidding.

Posted by Ant

The only games I get online are sometimes used off ebay. But if it's a brandnew game I really want I always go to a store.