skate. 2

Posted by Sterling

Picked it up today, pretty decent so far. My main concern right now is the whole retry situation which can get really annoying, especially on the harder challenges. Everything else is fine so far, and I'm loving the graphics.

Discuss.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

In before the x.

and what's wrong with how you retry? Don't you just set a marker and then press up on the d-pad to go back? seems simple as ****

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Yeah, session markers make retrying anything you want to do pretty easy. Bailing is a whole bunch of fun in this game anyway.

I have maybe 4 or 5 challenges left to do in the Career tier, then I'm going to start entering contests and doing Hall of Meat. The game really ****ing kicks ***, but the challenges are kinda easy after playing Skate OG. The hardest one so far is 'Can you spell GIRL?'.

My latest video (check out the Commie deck!): [URL]http://skatereel.ea.com/members/1/170031205/43717.aspx[/URL]

I had no idea you could upload videos straight to the site. That is... ****ing awesome.

Also, lol'd how your guy looks mighty similar to your avatar dude

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;922015]I had no idea you could upload videos straight to the site. That is... ****ing awesome.Uhhh... yeah, dude. That was one of the big draws for Skate 1. You can also design your own decks/tshirts/hats on the site and upload them to the game.

I vaguely remember something like that. Either way, I'm impressed.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

It's like a much more detailed version of the Halo 3 replay editor. You can choose your camera angle (including setting up a tripod camera somewhere on the map) and set markers where the footage changes angle or speed. It owns hella hardcore.

Yeah, was pretty impressed with your video. Except how it suddenly ended. Guessing that's due to time restraint though.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Yeah. You have 90 seconds of video space on the Skate Reel site, and I'd used mine. They let you save your video files once they've been uploaded though, so you can just save them to your HDD and re-upload them if you want to.

They should just use Youtube servers or something. Probably less restrictions and hassle.

Posted by Sterling

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: In before the x.

and what's wrong with how you retry? Don't you just set a marker and then press up on the d-pad to go back? seems simple as ****

I mean on the film challenges and various others.

CHALLENGE FAILED WOULD YOU LIKE TO RETRY? *pushes stick down to yes*
3...2...1... GO!

It seems kinda small, but I don't really think it necessary to prevent you from a quick button mash.

Posted by Crazy K

Renting it this Friday, or maybe sooner.

Posted by Sterling

also, the walking. i mean seriously, wtf?

Gametrailer's guy pretty much said it was a rent, so looks like it's out of the question now.

all hail gametrailer's guy

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Huh, I always meant to try out the first skate. Maybe I'll get this one. Is it multiplayer?

Yeah. Has numerous modes and a dick-around with friends mode.

sweet

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

did you play burnout paradise? it's basically like that. you can **** around in the main world and do challenges or do specific stuff like S.K.A.T.E., races, trick contests etc

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

also, i'm pretty much done with single player now. still to do some sponsor tapes and throwdowns, but all the career paths are done. 25 hours racked up between today and friday. ****ing sweet game. goty 2009.

Posted by Sterling

doubt it.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

the game p. much owns sorry wrong answer

*footplants this thread into a 540*

hahahaha, oh wow.

Fallout 3 is my goty 09. Until CoD6 anyways. Though I can see X in 11 months from now still saying SKATE 2 GOTY 09

Goty 10 = splinter cell

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

man, saying 'Goatee 10' doesnt sound right

abbreviating 2010 as anything sounds weird

doesn't have the same ring as 08 or 09. But goty 2010 is too many key presses so whatevs

Posted by Sterling

I've got my eyes set on Alan Wake

never coming out.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

GAMES THAT ARE NEVER COMING OUT:
- the indiana jones game with euphoria
- duke nukem forever
- alan wake
- battlefront 3
- timesplitters 4
- starcraft ghost
- sadness
- project hammer
- a wii game that has proper lightsaber duelling

rip terribad games before your time

Quoting The X: did you play burnout paradise? it's basically like that. you can **** around in the main world and do challenges or do specific stuff like S.K.A.T.E., races, trick contests etc

Only played the demo then kinda forgot about it. Seemed p. good though.

It's pretty awesome. Was anyways, back when Willeth would host games.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

those were the days

PINK RANGER etc

Posted by Dr. Rockso

I need people to play this with over live.