RESIDENT EVIL 5

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

http://kotaku.com/5131184/resident-evil-5-demo-premiers-on-360-january-26th

SEMPER XBOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by #061402

Wow, two players on one 360? Almost unheard of these days.

Posted by Degeneration

Hopefully, the weird wording in the article did mean that the PS3 gets it a week later.

I heard that Japan only got a 360 demo, though. Japan, of all places? *GULP*

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

If the box gets it first the station usually gets it a week later, so I doubt this case is any different.

Anywho, looking forward to it. Even though it's the same two levels that we've seen a billion times.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

CANT WAIT TO PULL TWO CRANKS SIMULATANEOUSLY

WOOOOOOOOO

k, who wants to play co-op

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

i get to be the hispanic chick though

FUUUUUUUUCK

always prefer to look at female characters, but whatever. dude's a hunk

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

redfield was always my fave resident evil character

They all kinda suck really.

Posted by Degeneration

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire]Even though it's the same two levels that we've seen a billion times.

Watch the levels we haven't seen throw loads of mind**** curveballs just to freak the rest of the world out.

You just know the developers are sitting back right now, like, "Yep, keep expecting a bunch of black guys with tentacle heads and THE DREADED ANGRY CHAINSAW MAN. Lol, if you only knew." Bunch of bastards is what they are.

Well they've shown a handful of other levels off and they look pretty different. But that's what should be expected since RE4 was the same in that regard.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

2 levels, hmm? Sounds good.

Posted by Panic!

I played this already. My best friend James got a copy his friend from work downloaded. It was Japanese, but it was kick ***! I think most RE4 fans will like it.

Posted by Last Fog

I played it a few weeks ago. I found a torrent on some site and burned it to a disc.

Same stupid RE controls that take some getting used to again if you haven't played RE4 in a while. Kind of annoying that you still have no movement at all when aiming. Also I noticed the enemies are really passive, I practically brushed shoulders with the chainsaw dude and he just went on his merry way. But I'm sure things like that will get polished up quite a bit for the final build.

Posted by Aioros

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: They all kinda suck really.

Shut up.

My favorite franchise, my most anticipated game for the last 4 years. I'm excited.

Quoted post: Kind of annoying that you still have no movement at all when aiming.

Yeah, the developers tried to rework the controls like the promised. Turned out they would've had to rebuild the AI completely because it became painfully easy once they used run-and-gun controls. So expect it in RE6.

Posted by Last Fog

Eh, no reason why they couldn't implement a strafe while aiming, it would feel so much less restrictive. That was the main complaint with the last one way before it was even released. Not asking for run-and-gun here, that wouldn't even be resident evil.

Pretty much the same case with strafe. Movement just made the game really unbalanced. Plus, the controls really are fine as is. Not perfect, but highly playable. RE6 will probably come out quicker than 5 anyways.

Posted by Ant

ah, cool.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[IMG]http://cdn1.gamepro.com/article_img/gamepro/208328-2.jpg?rand=27CC57F4-0F83-D16E-B10A846FB7D42A4A[/IMG]

Posted by #061402

Oh snap, Jill's dead?

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

left4dead > resident evil

Posted by Fate

...Those are two entirely different games.

Posted by #061402

Exactly what I said about L4D and Gears of War 2! Although apparently it doesn't matter.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Y2kMISFIT;919278]left4dead > resident evilsingle player horror shooter in the third person with puzzle elements and a distinct focus on isolation vs a four player co-op arcade FPS with comical enemies and dark humor

literally the only thing they have in common is zombies

Left 4 Dead kinda sucks. Should've shipped with the Orange Box instead.

And that Jill thing is mega old.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

still stand by my idea that Episode 3, Left4Dead and Portal 2 should have came in the purple box or some ****

left4dead is a lot of fun on LAN with three other people who are pretty good at FPS games. has some really sweet set pieces but ultimately i wouldnt pay the full bux for it

Yeah, pretty much my exact opinion. I've had quite a bit of fun with it at work, but that's because I didn't pay for it and I was in the same room with the dudes. Xbox version blows and the PC with random fags is even worse.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

it hits its peak when you're playing the church defense mission and have other people in the room freaking out over boomers and ****

i cant really imagine it being that great on the box

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

plus, the fact y2k has gone out of his way to big up the game pretty much screams PURCHASE REGRET

p. sure he said he had the 360 version

Classic purchase regret. Can't blame him though. I'd feel the same I'm sure.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

he deserves it for saying that a chick wearing nothing but uggs was the hottest thing imaginable in that christmas thread

hahaha, never saw that. Can't stand naked chicks in shoes. Looks so stupid.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

yeah, it was while you were away.

miss all the good stuff

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting The X: [IMG]http://cdn1.gamepro.com/article_img/gamepro/208328-2.jpg?rand=27CC57F4-0F83-D16E-B10A846FB7D42A4A[/IMG]
:'(

Posted by Aioros

Quoting #061402: Oh snap, Jill's dead?

A shot of that grave was revealed in the last trailer Capcom put out and now in that screenshot. I'm speculating there's some kind of twist involved, she's a major character and it's too big of a plot changer for Capcom to just purposely reveal it in a trailer.

It was released as an ad a few months back (as you can see by the crease in that image.) Just a way to get some extra attention.

Posted by Last Fog

I hope she's not really dead and shows up in the game. Jill is my favorite female protagonist ever.

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

How could I have regret for a game that I have been playing on live more than any game since project gotham racing 2?? I all ready have over 15,000 kills, get the 53595 kill achievement, I dare you. I like my games fast paced, single player and multilayer. When the dlc comes out, it's going to keep bringing me back for more. The best 60 dollars and 50 dollars a year to play on live since the 360 came out if you ask me. I am a huge counter-strike fan and this deff. reminds me of it and I can see the inspiration from it present in the game. Sorry I am not playing horde mode on repeat or fingering banjo's kazooie. (even though their both cool games)

And to say girls wearing shoes when their naked, is stupid you are officially ghay in my book... sorry... I bet you stick to the basic two pump chump missionary position like a good mormon should...

Hahaha, this guy. Classic Y2K response.

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Hahaha, this guy. Classic Y2K response.

Sorry I don't have awesome AIM-like one liners like you VAMPY-POOO

Now I am just waiting for your little euro butt buddy to jump back in and help you suck this thread's d*ick.... different time zones, better call and wake him up with your sweet poetic voice

There's nothing to respond to. This is how it goes: Someone says something facetiously/sarcastically, you think they're serious and come back with a serious response refuting the claims while tossing in some sort of insult for good measure and then that original someone has a good chuckle. Seriously, if it's coming from x or I, it's typically not to be taken seriously.

Figured you'd pick up on that by now, since this isn't the first time.

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

Nah it's just when someone with a halfway decent comment or remark or says something to defend their post or says something at all you two all ways lend up having your 5+ back to back comments bashing it. Which is never funny at all. Thus... making everyone leave the thread. It's really annoying.... I thought you would of knew that by now. =)

you = everyone

Posted by #061402

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: It was released as an ad a few months back (as you can see by the crease in that image.) Just a way to get some extra attention.

Yeah I never really keep up with trailers, so I didn't know.

Quoting Y2kMISFIT: And to say girls wearing shoes when their naked, is stupid you are officially ghay in my book... sorry... I bet you stick to the basic two pump chump missionary position like a good mormon should...

Also, hahahahaha, what?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

y2k?

... more like y2gay

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

Don't be jealous because my name is getting cooler with age dude!!

Quoted post: Yeah I never really keep up with trailers, so I didn't know.

you mean magazines. Pretty sure it was in EGM around november or something.

But yeah, ended up ****ing a lot of people off because they thought it was spoiled for them or something. People, jeez.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

if it's in the advert it's either revealed early on or it's all a ploy by jill

she's actually a zombie now. In RE5 there's a three way war, much like Halo, where you have yourself against the infected against zombies. Halfway through or so you run into jill who gets attacked by zombies. As you try to save her infected start pouring in from everywhere. As you try and hold them off jill has already turned. Then, apparently, a cutscene kicks in where jill pops up behind you, attacks, you rebuff her into an infected. Suddenly, you now face infected-zombies.

details leaked a month or so back when journalists got to see some extra levels.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

oh **** that sounds pretty sweet

Posted by #061402

So instead of Leon screaming for Ada you'll have Chris screaming for Jill? Awesome.

It was linked through kotaku and I can't remember who the journalist was, but he said that whole section blew his mind. Thinking it's the dude from MTV, idk.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

would be pretty sweet if this zombie vs infected stuff led to something crazy like NEMESIS VERSUS OGRE

Nemesis would win anyways. Zombies in general would outlast the infected probably.

Posted by #061402

Unless they're '28 days later' zombies.

those are basically infected. not zombies zombies, though still zombies

Posted by Ant

oh hey so the demo is out today. should get on that ****.

Posted by Crazy K

Downloading right now!

that's today? holy ****!

Posted by Ant

Quoting Crazy K: Downloading right now!

the **** I didn't see it up :(

nvm found it. surprised it isn't front page'd though.

It's there. I'm downloading it.

Small download too. under 500mb

let's play together

Posted by #061402

The more I see the less I wanna play it.

Posted by Ant

well, my intial evaluation is that it's basically re4-2. nothing wrong with that really though. took some getting used to the whole shooting system.

Aiming was fine, just a case of getting used to the knife again. Even though it seems a hell of a lot weaker or something.

Though, were you supposed to be able to find a key on the last level? I'm assume no, since I couldn't find it for the life of me and just gave up. Which is kinda lame...

Also, why can I not just give a certain amount of ammo to my partner? Every time I tried it would give the whole thing to her.

Posted by Crazy K

I'm waiting for my Negro friend to get on and download so we can co-op together. I didn't play the single player part of the demo yet though.

Posted by coromoro

I wish I had a 360 so BAD. I can't believe I could be playing RE5 right now if I had one.

Didn't blow me away. Probably has to do with the fact I've seen those levels a billion times now.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

fuuuck, i wondered why everyone was logging on earlier

gonna go download it right now

You know what, unless the other levels turn out to be amazing I might not even bother with it. It's essentially just Dead Space except EA figured out how to shoot and walk at the same time. When I was playing the demo I was kinda laughing at the fact that there was this guy with a chainsaw chasing me and my guy had to stop to reload his gun.

Posted by #061402

Balls of steel.

pretty much took me right out of the game.

Posted by coromoro

That's a shame the controls haven't changed at all. :(

Probably would've been fine with it if I hadn't just played Dead Space.

Posted by #061402

Yeah, I found myself continually trying to use the Dead Space controls. But, I dunno. Something about it just didn't look right...

Oh yeah the sunny day.

Also,

While hunks may sell these days, it just isn't Resident Evil. Unless it's a Tyrant.

The game is fantastic looking and the setting worked fine. Only complaint is the controls, and by the time it's out I might not even care about that. By that time I wouldn't've had Dead Space in the forefront of my gaming memories.

Posted by #061402

Yeah, it looks good and all, but it's not Chris. Sure, got his name, but it just isn't Chris.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

uhhh people change over long periods of time?

i think surviving a zombie attack and then going out to africa to go kick more of their asses would make you want to bulk up

Posted by coromoro

Chris just needed a makeover. The wussy lil' Chris from that old picture suited the original RE, but it wouldn't go well with this new setting. I mean, Chris punches zombies in the FACE now. Can't have a weakling do that.

Posted by #061402

When your character looks like he could punch a hole through Nemesis, it kind of takes away the whole "horror" part.

Besides, there are no zombies.

Posted by coromoro

You know what I mean, *****. The ni[b]ggers.

But yeah, I think the "horror" aspect of Resident Evil was long gone since 4, so a buff Chris isn't really taking that away.[/b]

Posted by #061402

Yeah, I know, just saying. And since the game has changed so much, I just feel that they should do a new franchise instead of ruining Resident Evil.

Sure, RE4 is good and maybe RE5 is too, but it's a completely different game now.

Yeah, coro has it right. It's more action-oriented with less focus on outright horror. Chris really needed some extra muscle to fit the whole. Old chris couldn't uppercut the **** out of a baby.

Quoted post: I just feel that they should do a new franchise instead of ruining Resident Evil.

... what? RE4 saved Resident Evil. It's the same characters, story, Umbrella **** since the original, just with a different focus in gameplay. As in, it's fun now.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

hahaha wow numbers

how can you ruin a franchise where you rotate on the spot to turn around and have dialogue like 'a jill sandwich!'

Posted by Prince Shondronai

"Don't screw up again, like you did when you dropped that rope." was my favorite quote.

I enjoyed the clunky old style for the series, but RE4's approach was welcome. I think they need to get back to a focus on the "Resident" part of the title, is all. If you've got the entire African countryside to run around in, "Resident Evil" doesn't exactly fit. "Biohazard" does, though, I guess. Ah well.

Posted by coromoro

Well, I don't think that really matters. That's like saying that Majora's Mask should've focused on the "Zelda" part of the title.

Name makes sense. The plague has taken up residence inside africans. and it is evil

Posted by #061402

You guys are missing the point. Resident Evil is, was* a survival-horror franchise. All of a sudden they decided "Hey, let's do it different, maybe we'll get more money that way." So, they removed everything that made it Resident Evil, aside from a few names here and there, and put in what you can find in basically any generic shootan. There isn't even a virus anymore, but a parasite that has no connection to Umbrella whatsoever.

Better to have let it die than whore it out to a broader audience in order to make more money, or at least give it another name.

Posted by coromoro

Better to let it die? If that's the case, just pretend RE4 and RE5 don't exist, and that the series died long ago. Da[b]mn Capcom for reviving and renewing a franchise that was getting pretty boring and repetitive!

The original Resident Evil was good, but the sequels were just the same shit as before. Resident Evil 4 was incredible, and I'm glad to see this next one has such similar game play.[/b]

Posted by Ant

just shut up numbers

Posted by #061402

Oh, Resident Evil is dead to me alright. I've never accepted RE4 as a true Resident Evil. But you guys wouldn't understand. Inside me beats a heart that likes horror-survival games a lot more than shootan. :(

Posted by ExoXile

I agree with Numbers on this.
I love RE4 but it's not ****ing Resident Evil, and I am longing for them to bring back the tank controls and static cams.

As for Chris becoming a freaking tank, it's just ridiculous.
I don't know everything but if you're muscled like that your stamina will be like ****ing shit.
And good luck at being agile.

I am thoroughly disappointed.

And this is the game I was going to buy and play it on a friend's PS3, now I won't even bother looking at trailer anymore.

Posted by coromoro

I can't believe you guys would rather wander around a zombie-infested mansion/laboratory, slowly and tediously searching every corner for items, barely being able to kill the zombies due to the terrible controls, and solving ridiculously easy puzzles. The first time around it was a nice and unique experience. Then you got RE2, RE3, Code Veronica, RE0, in case you wanted to do it again. Is it seriously appealing to you to do it one more time?

Sorry for dragging the subject on, it just bothers me when people are like, "OMG, it just isn't [insert series here] anymore." If I was a game designer, and I had designed and released a couple of games, and suddenly I get the urge to modify it to freshen experience, it would bother me to hear fans say that it's just not my game series anymore. I mean, what the hell, man? I invented it, and I can do anything I want with it. If more people like it now, then that's fantastic. More people are playing my game!

Posted by ExoXile

Losing me.

And I'm sure there's more joining me.

Posted by #061402

Quoting coromoro: I can't believe you guys would rather wander around a zombie-infested mansion/laboratory, slowly and tediously searching every corner for items, barely being able to kill the zombies due to the terrible controls, and solving ridiculously easy puzzles.

Because busting out your trusty lightsaber and mowing down hundreds of enemies without breaking a sweat is so much more fun. I guess you guys just don't like having to plan ahead and conserve your ammo for the stronger enemies, and that's fine, but since me and Exo here like a little harder gameplay, we dislike RE4. As a Resident Evil game, anyway. The game is more like Dead Rising by throwing hundreds of weak enemies at you with a few strong ones here and there, whereas the risk of dying was ever-present in the old games.

Also, terrible controls? Jesus christ dude, did you even play them?

Quoted post: You guys are missing the point. Resident Evil is, was* a survival-horror franchise. All of a sudden they decided "Hey, let's do it different, maybe we'll get more money that way." So, they removed everything that made it Resident Evil, aside from a few names here and there, and put in what you can find in basically any generic shootan.

They had to do it differently because another game with isometric camera angles and tank-like controls just isn't acceptable anymore. Even Skate 2 which features tank controls is getting nailed for them. It would've been the end of the franchise if they didn't innovate. I mean, there's a reason RE4 was so praised and attracted so many fans, because it was actually a fun game to control unlike every other game in the series. You're a moron if you prefer the old style.

Quoted post: There isn't even a virus anymore, but a parasite that has no connection to Umbrella whatsoever.

Wesker is the main villain in RE5. How could it not involve Umbrella in some way?

Quoted post: Better to have let it die than whore it out to a broader audience in order to make more money, or at least give it another name.

haha, stupidest quote ever. Two games, four years apart isn't whoring it out. Refining the controls and style isn't whoring it out. It's called breathing new life into a dead franchise.

Quoted post: As for Chris becoming a freaking tank, it's just ridiculous.
I don't know everything but if you're muscled like that your stamina will be like ****ing ****.
And good luck at being agile.

Might explain why he's, you know, slow and not agile. drr

Quoted post: I guess you guys just don't like having to plan ahead and conserve your ammo for the stronger enemies,

Never played RE4. Confirmed.

Quoted post: whereas the risk of dying was ever-present in the old games.

Yeah, dying in RE4 is impossible :rolleyes:

Quoted post: Also, terrible controls? Jesus christ dude, did you even play them?

I need to close this thread now. holy ****

Posted by ExoXile

The tank controls were not terrible, they fit the games exceptionally.
As for my dislike of RE4 as a RE game is somewhat true, I dod not get the same feel of it at all.
Still love the game though, RE or not.

But RE5? I haet so far.

Quoted post: The tank controls were not terrible, they fit the games exceptionally.

hahaha, this has to got to be denial or something.

Posted by ExoXile

I never had any kind of problem, frustration, or dislike with them whatsoever.
So no, I can't see why everyone dislikes them so much.

This is my experience of course, and RE4's are by no means worse, it's awesome.

It's just not how I want my RE games.

because you control your character like a tank maybe? Those controls came from limitations. Now that those limitations don't exist anymore there's no reason to continue on in that direction.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

my head just exploded

'yeah, you control like a tank. it's a good thing.'

what the ****

****ing swedes, man. Every time you think they have a bit of sense they turn around and say something mind-bogglingly stupid.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

so i played the demo earlier. it's p. good but the new inventory is a pain in the ***

I really like the new inventory. Big improvement over RE4. Plus, it's nice you can switch weapons/ammo/herbs with the d-pad

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

you can? oops

was sifting through stuff using the Y menu

Yeah, didn't realise that until I got frustrated with the chainsaw dude and started slamming buttons. Either way, the inventory is nice. I like how you can easily shift equipment between you and your partner and you don't have to worry about maximizing space.

Posted by coromoro

Yeah, Vamp pretty much covered for me there. Not gonna argue with someone that likes controlling people as if they were tanks.

What's wrong with the new inventory?

Edit: Wow, I just got triple ninja'd. How slow am I? I'm glad that you can switch weapons with the D-pad now. :cool:

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

the astaroth dude in the first level freakin owns

shame you only have your pistol and a couple shotgun shells to take him on with

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=coromoro;923065][COLOR=limegreen]Yeah, Vamp pretty much covered for me there. Not gonna argue with someone that likes controlling people as if they were tanks.

What's wrong with the new inventory?
[/COLOR]nothing now that i know about the d-pad thing. i was accessing it in a real-time menu that meant i was getting owned while looking for my herbs

Posted by coromoro

It's real-time now? That rocks.

They need to up the speed of the enemies, especially the axe dude and chainsaw dude. I mean, the demo was incredibly easy. I never really felt like I was in a threatening situation since I could outrun everything and if need be I could just walk right past them before they hit me.

Hopefully that's fixed or something you can alter.

Posted by #061402

Hahahaha. You guys. You are like women, only reading what you want to read.

Quoted post: Hahahaha. You guys. You are like women, only reading what you want to read.

Quoted post: The tank controls were not terrible, they fit the games exceptionally.

We're reading what's exactly being said. They were terrible.

Posted by ExoXile

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;923063]Yeah, didn't realise that until I got frustrated with the chainsaw dude and started slamming buttons.
First thing I tried.
I guess only swedes would do something that mind-boggling though.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

why do you guys get to alpha-male about your nationality

Posted by ExoXile

[quote=The X;923149]why do you guys get to alpha-male about your nationality

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;923032]****ing swedes, man. Every time you think they have a bit of sense they turn around and say something mind-bogglingly stupid.

"First thing I tried.
I guess only swedes would do something that mind-boggling though."

Cause we're stupid, we've arrived at that conclusion and I have accepted that I am a part of a 3d world country made of **** and fail.

Quoted post: why do you guys get to alpha-male about your nationality

Inferiority usually leads to defensiveness. If you're secure about yourself and your nation you don't need to defend either, but clearly that's not the case with swedes.

Posted by ExoXile

Yeah, all right there, buddy.

haha, see? classic

Posted by ExoXile

What? I'm agreeing with you.
Buddy.

keeps getting better and better

Posted by ExoXile

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

just rollin with the punches guys... just rollin with the punches

Posted by ExoXile

Finally.

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

DID ANYONE MENTION YOU CAN'T RUN AND SHOT AT THE SAME TIME IN THIS GAME!!

YOU CAN'T?!

Posted by ExoXile

Least of its flaws.

It's one of its main flaws. Even the developers know that.

Posted by ExoXile

That it is RE4.1 is its main flaw.

you think the old games were better, you have no say.

Posted by ExoXile

It is my say, and my opinion.
Yours is in no way more correct than mine.

It's like saying I like this beverage more than I like this beverage.
But you know this already, you're just trying to tick me off for whatever reason.

After a few years, it gets old.

Posted by coromoro

He's Lord Vamp, remember? He is always right.

Surprised you didn't say that.

Posted by ExoXile

He should know by now.

Shouldn't take things so seriously.

Posted by coromoro

I'm surprised he hasn't picked up on the way you say things.

Seriously. Like I really mean it :rolleyes:

Posted by ExoXile

[quote][FONT=Tahoma]why do you guys get to alpha-male about your nationality [/FONT][quote=Vampiro V. Empire;923257]Inferiority usually leads to defensiveness. If you're secure about yourself and your nation you don't need to defend either, but clearly that's not the case with swedes.

I responded with: "Yeah, all right there, buddy."
Since anything I would've said would have been treated the same way.
SO I DO WHAT EVERY CLEVER ANIMAL DOES, MIMIC THE ULTIMATE BEING, I.E; GOD!

Perhaps it angered the *** to see his own annoying responses when he's tired of an argument, or one that he can't win.

So what the **** was wrong with mine, I merely do what you frequently do?
I don't see anyone going around editing your posts, and ESPECIALLY not on the main boards.

I mean, enough. It's been 4 years now.
Grow up.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

if you honestly didnt care you wouldnt have wrote that right there

i mean, read that **** over. really?

Posted by ExoXile

I do care, my point is I'm entitled to my opinions without them getting censored.
Bash it all you ****ing want, but don't make it easier by running a ****ing dictatorship.

And you know it was fine when you were 15 and 16 and didn't actually contribute with anything.
But lately it's just ****ing annoying, I'm fed up with this ****.

Stop trying to push it all aside, cause it's all there, you're pushing me to the point whereas you see yourselves entitled to remove or edit my posts.

And I don't let myself be pushed, you just find new ways of condemning my posts as deletable or editable.

It's just not funny anymore, just stop.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

wow

Posted by ExoXile

That's what I'm talking about, an 18 year old kid.
Hope you're proud of yourself.

Posted by Ant

spoilers: he can't do **** to your posts outside da. and it shouldn't matter there nor here. you really need to relax on this ****. you're making yourself out to be a fool.

Posted by ExoXile

Fine, whatever.
Not like it'll get better if I try anyway.

And I don't really care what I make of myself, I am what I am.

Posted by coromoro

Quoting ExoXile: I responded with: "Yeah, all right there, buddy."
Since anything I would've said would have been treated the same way.
SO I DO WHAT EVERY CLEVER ANIMAL DOES, MIMIC THE ULTIMATE BEING, I.E; GOD!

That doesn't sound like you being you.

Posted by ExoXile

No?
I pretty much explaining that I was mimicing Vamp.

Posted by coromoro

Since you were mimicking someone, you weren't being you. :cool:

Quoted post: Not like it'll get better if I try anyway.

You'd be better if you didn't take **** so personally. How have you been around so long and still don't get when people are joking or just ripping on you to get a rise? Not like you're the only member this happens to. Just gotta realise it's a joke.

Also, that wasn't mimicking me. I would've said "yeah, okay, buddy" not that it would've mattered. Whether you said "yah okay" or some other remark it would've looked defensive.

Anyways, that's enough of that. Take it to DA and keep on keeping on with RE5.

Posted by Last Fog

Downloaded the demo and played it again.

I find it annoying that if this was a new IP the restricted and awkward controls would be a bigger problem and everyone would criticize it. But since it's RE it's just like "Well, that's how it's always been, just get used to it. It's not a big deal." You should never have to get used to controls, they should just feel natural.

Also, did anyone else get lag in an online game? Hopefully that's fixed in the end or it was just a bad connection I had.

Posted by Last Fog

Idk if this was mentioned earlier in this thread, but I just watched The OXM Report on the Inside Xbox part of the dashboard. The guy says the game will give you the option to move and shoot if you so choose for all those "gears of war players out there." :/

Umm... why would anyone not choose that option?

Quoted post: I find it annoying that if this was a new IP the restricted and awkward controls would be a bigger problem and everyone would criticize it. But since it's RE it's just like "Well, that's how it's always been, just get used to it. It's not a big deal." You should never have to get used to controls, they should just feel natural.

That's what happens with you build up a reputation. You put up with a lot of **** because you know it's a good game and a good franchise. Plus, RE6 is basically confirmed to have redone controls.

As for the second post, the designer said they couldn't do it without breaking the game because they'd have to rewrite the AI. Unless they thought "**** it, just let them have it" or what, I don't know. But I'm surprised if that's true.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/2ce6ant.jpg[/IMG]

hell ****ing yeah

WESKER! WESKER! WESKER!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

in the next frame he's prolly eating a literal jill sandwich

like, her ground up remains or something. mmmmm

Posted by ExoXile

Doesn't even look like him anymore.
Wesker is probably the most awesome villain out there.
But that picture? Do not like.

Posted by Last Fog

Didn't anyone see the most recent trailer? There's at least a good 30 seconds of Wesker being a badass.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/44538.html

Posted by ExoXile

He doesn't even have the right voice actor, now I'm truly sad.

[IMG]http://my.so-net.net.tw/maiunja/GameStory/AVG/BIO/image/0wesker.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/2ce6ant.jpg[/IMG]

Looks the same, just older and less of a pussy. Plus, he's got ****ing superpowers now. He needs to not look like a faggot.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[IMG]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k110/sime47/AlbertWesker.jpg[/IMG]

he looks the exact freakin same, exoxile you are a ****ing dumbass

Posted by ExoXile

Enjoy your broken wesker and new voice actor.
I'm sticking to old wesker, when he actually looked cool.

If it weren't for his glasses I could not even have guessed that it was Wesker.
Ugh, don't like.

@Vamp:
Wesker always had superpowers.

Edit:
You might be right, it's not as bad as I previously perceived it to be.
But I still don't like the voice actor, unless it's the same actor and he's been munching chalk.

Posted by Aioros

BREAKING NEWS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-vEW3Fj7tU

Listen at about 1:30, and put your biggest worries about this game to rest.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

hahaha, oh wow

'yeah, we have this cool new feature where two people will be on different screens on the same tv screen'

HOLY ****!!

Posted by Aioros

Go back and watch the video at 1:30 like i said.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

i saw it, and action controls were already mentioned in this thread

paul cesar, still retarded as ever

new controls = no difficulty whatsoever. Pretty much impossible to get hit in the demo as is. Can't imagine being able to shoot and run at the same time.

Also, how can you break a character that you have no control over?

Posted by ExoXile

CAUSE I DIDN'T SAY BROKEN CONTROL, I SAID BROKEN CHARACTER LUL.
He's still alright due to awesome powers.

But why the **** did they mess with the voice actor?
And I'm still not too keen on the Negro makeover...

how can you break a character you have no control over?

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: new controls = no difficulty whatsoever. Pretty much impossible to get hit in the demo as is. Can't imagine being able to shoot and run at the same time.
A simple way to fix that would be to make the enemies more aggressive! Thats all. Why do you think running and gunning doesn't ruin other games? Because enemies don't creep up to you at a snail's pace and then give you a hug before attacking. Especially the chainsaw guy... pathetic. The only thing that has ever made RE hard was standing in one place too long to get ganged up on and running out of ammo.

[quote]If it weren't for his glasses I could not even have guessed that it was Wesker.
Ugh, don't like.Umm... he looks the same. Slightly fuller face, that's all.

Quoted post: A simple way to fix that would be to make the enemies more aggressive! Thats all. Why do you think running and gunning doesn't ruin other games? Because enemies don't creep up to you at a snail's pace and then give you a hug before attacking. Especially the chainsaw guy... pathetic. The only thing that has ever made RE hard was standing in one place too long to get ganged up on and running out of ammo.

I know, I said that somewhere in this thread. I quoted a developer that said they wouldn't add "action controls" because they'd have to entirely redo the AI and they didn't have enough time to do that.

Posted by ExoXile

[quote=Last Fog;924846]
Umm... he looks the same. Slightly fuller face, that's all.
He does not look the same, period.
IMO.

There's no opinion in this. He either does or doesn't. In this case he does. Just older and more badass.

Posted by ExoXile

Whatever you say.
I don't like it, and I've been a RE fan for 10 years now, your saying is void when it comes to Wesker.

It's like CAPCOM went: "Yay, let's make the RE5 style somewhat like GoW! People seem to like that."

RE folks use guns, not GoW grotesque bodies('Cept de monsters, duuh.).

The only thing that would justify Wesker's new appearance would be if he had lived in Africa for 10 years, eaten their food, received aids, and was chewing steroids the whole time.
And that's excluding his voice.

What I've seen so far is really uncool.

[IMG]http://fc33.deviantart.com/fs37/f/2008/283/9/a/Wesker_Resident_Evil_5_by_insaneRay.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/8032/gowwallpaper4ws6.jpg[/IMG]

RE5 confirmed as Gears.

Quoted post: I don't like it, and I've been a RE fan for 10 years now, your saying is void when it comes to Wesker.

also, lol'd at this

Posted by ExoXile

Yeah, you're right.
I'm aiming at the wrong character, Wesker actually has some original traits left!

[IMG]http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/6723/gowwallpaper4ws6ia5.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/8864/re5chrisredfieldcharactvr9.jpg[/IMG]
OH HAI THERE
It actually looks like Chris could whoop the **** out of Marcus just by looking at him now, kawaii.

[IMG]http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/7514/weskerresidentevil5byinru0.jpg[/IMG]
And Wesker has cat eyes now, guess that makes up for the sway from Wesker the awesome, to Wesker the wierd.

Yeah, whoa, look how similar Chris and Marcus are. Muscles = Gears.

Posted by ExoXile

I just don't like the way they pretty much redid some of the characters completely, whilst some had a few traits left.

All that's left now is that Jill has SCIV tits.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

people change over time. 5 takes place an entire DECADE after the mansion for christs sakes. and next-gen consoles allow them to gain more detail.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[IMG]http://www.jonbu.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/mario64.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/resources/2006/12/super_mario_galaxy.jpg[/IMG]

I'M ****ING OUTRAGED!!

Posted by ExoXile

SM64(1996) - SMG(2007) = 11 years and still Mario!

RE:

[IMG]http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/5716/chrisredfield22ln8.jpg[/IMG]
Umbrella Chronicles (2007)

[IMG]http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/8864/re5chrisredfieldcharactvr9.jpg[/IMG]
RE5 (2009)

SOMG!
Oh indeed, it is only more detailed, I see it now.
How clumsy of me.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

people can get new haircuts and put on some muscle over ten years :confused:

Posted by ExoXile

I guess they can change bone structure as well, what with all the technology of today.
I just didn't take Chris for a guy with beauty problems.
And the last level in Umbrella Chronicles is in the year 2000ish~
(And yes, people can change over the years. But they most often don't. And especially not all of them at the same time.)

And what the hell, Wesker now has superpowers?
In UC he did **** superman couldn't even have pulled of.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

i think this is upsetting you more than the departure of your downs waifu

Posted by ExoXile

Oh, definitely.
RE will always be there, you never know with women.
So yeah, definitely.

Also, she wasn't a downie, true fact, look it up. :)

Posted by Last Fog

This is a silly argument. Video game characters change appearance from game to game. Happens all the time.

Posted by coromoro

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

donkey kong's order is waaaaay wrong but thank you coromoro for illustrating my point

Posted by ExoXile

That's an evolution chart.
RE5 is like, a jump into a completely new branch, with a few traits left.

But yes it is silly, because it's so obvious it's ridiculous.

Posted by Dr. Rockso

Should be a good game. I don't see what characters changing a bit has to do with making it bad.

Holy ****, x and coro owned exo and he's still not backing down. embarrassing to watch

Posted by Aioros

Quoting The X: i saw it, and action controls were already mentioned in this thread

paul cesar, still retarded as ever

They were? I hadn't noticed. I read the first number of posts when this thread was first put up and noticed the majority of the comments regarded the inability to shoot and walk. I just ran across that video today (which was released yesterday, i believe) so i thought it was brand new info and thought i'd share. Didn't know the action controls had already been revealed, should've checked the last 5 pages i missed. Either way, relax.

Let me try to catch up...so what's the argument now? That Chris and Wesker look different than they did 10 years ago? Seriously?

Posted by coromoro

Exo is trying to complain about every single aspect of the game. He now chose Chris and Wesker. Says they've changed them too much.

Basically he thinks we should be playing RE1 still.

Posted by ExoXile

Maybe if you did the plastic surgery would **** you off as well.

Posted by Aioros

I don't see the problem. I must admit I had my reservations about Chris looking a lot buffer than he did before, but that's an expected reaction when you take a look at a character you haven't seen in a long time. When you put everything in perspective, the way he looks makes perfect sense, it has been a decade and he did commit to joining anti-BOW organizations and put a stop to all kinds of bio terrorism around the world.

The BSAA itself looks like more of a guerrilla type group dealing with a lot of combat and experience so I'd assume being extremely fit for the job would be a requirement. And it's not like he doesn't look like the Chris we all remember, he does. Look at his facial features, he[COLOR="Yellow"]l[/COLOR]l, look at his ears, there's no way you can't recognize those big ears. It looks like Chris always did, just older, stronger and more experienced.

As far as Wesker goes, he looks exactly the same as he did in the original. Exactly the same, there's no argument here, whatsoever.

Quoting ExoXile: And Wesker has cat eyes now, guess that makes up for the sway from Wesker the awesome, to Wesker the wierd.

He's had 'em since Code: Veronica. Just thought I'd throw that little fact check/correction in there.

Posted by ExoXile

Huh, I had not noticed.

And Chris' muscles isn't being "fit."
That belongs on a stage embalmed in brow oil.

Contrary to people beliefs that much muscle is actually more of a burden than something useful.
I just think it's ridiculous.

Posted by Aioros

Quoting ExoXile: And Chris' muscles isn't being "fit."
That belongs on a stage embalmed in brow oil.

Contrary to people beliefs that much muscle is actually more of a burden than something useful.
I just think it's ridiculous.

Even that I'd disagree with. In fact, he doesn't even look big enough to be able to participate in any of those body builder competitions.

I've been looking at all the trailers released thus far to back up my claims and I've noticed that by Chris' physique is actually pretty normal and realistic, rather than the neck-less bodies of muscle you'd find in Gears. One of the cut scenes shows him driving his jeep not wearing any military type clothes, just regular clothes and he looks quite normal. There's also scenes where he's surrounded by about 7 of his BSAA team members and he's definitely not the biggest guy in the group, he actually looks pretty small compared to others in the that group. Just looking at the trailers and playing the demo where you can see him from different angles, performing different maneuvers gave me some relief from thinking he looked way too buff in some of the still images, like the one shown in this thread.

Posted by ExoXile

I've seen the trailers, played the demo, and all the art.
It does not look like Chris, and the muscle is ridiculous.

[IMG]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/9769/re525mv9nc0.jpg[/IMG]
In game.

[IMG]http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/4036/chrisnewtr4.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/2458/6835yf7.jpg[/IMG]
All of the above, in-game.

Dion't get me wrong guise, I just love to look at buff men while I play my games.
I just don't like that Chris magically become.

For ****s sake, his arm is as big as his *** **** waist.
Jeez.

Posted by Aioros

[IMG]http://www.xboxvicio.com/imagenes1/XBOX360/Resident_Evil_5/Resident_Evil_5_16.jpg[/IMG]
Not that bad.
[IMG]http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/878/878598/resident-evil-5-20080602092930705_640w.jpg[/IMG]
Not that bad.
[IMG]http://www.tranism.com/weblog/images/chris_redfield.jpg[/IMG]
Not that bad.
[IMG]http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/888/888775/resident-evil-5-20080713101445946_640w.jpg[/IMG]
Not that bad.
[IMG]http://tech2.in.com/media/images/2007/Dec/img_37045_thegears.jpg[/IMG]
BAD.

Posted by ExoXile

[IMG]http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/9140/chrisredfieldjillvalentwz7.jpg[/IMG]
Oh sup guy--OH HOLI ****! THAT'S ME IN TEN YEARS? WOW!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

exoxile get the **** out

Posted by coromoro

Maybe people in Sweden are extremely skinny or something. I seriously don't see that muscularity as being way too much. I find it perfectly logical for the situation.

Posted by ExoXile

X grow the **** up, and take away your Wesker sig, you have no knowledge of him.

@Coro: A lot of us are skinny, but most of us are average.
Just because the US thinks ****ing tanks are normal nowdays, it's not.

Posted by Last Fog

Exo, you're obviously just overly bitter about the series, it's understandable. But now you're just making up terrible excuses.

Posted by ExoXile

Yeah I'm sorry, I am a terrible person.

Posted by Last Fog

I'll agree with you on one thing, there was nothing wrong with the "tank" controls in the old games. In fact, the improved controls in RE4 are more of a problem than the awful controls in past games because the shift to being much more of an action game makes better controls more of an issue. If that makes any sense.

Posted by Aioros

Quoting Last Fog: I'll agree with you on one thing, there was nothing wrong with the "tank" controls in the old games.

From a technical standpoint, it can argued that there was a lot wrong with that type of controls set inside the pre-rendered backgrounds and I would probably agree. But I still fuc[COLOR="Yellow"]k[/COLOR]ing loved them.

Posted by Degeneration

The RE4-ish controls are fine, if only because the enemies move in a way that caters to them.

(30 feet away) RAAAARGH GONNA GO "28 DAYS LATER" ON YOUR *** pant, pant
(20 feet away) GONNA GO... PITTSBURGH STEELERS ON YOUR *** pant, pant
(10 feet away) wait you can't run 'n' gun or strafe or nothin'? and your knife is that lame? i feel bad now. i almost scared you.

Quoted post: X grow the **** up, and take away your Wesker sig, you have no knowledge of him.

You know, most of us were old enough to play the original when it came out right? You make it seem like the series is something special to you and you only. Get over yourself.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

wesker was actually a terribad villain in RE1 anyway

RE4/5 just made him hella badass

Posted by ExoXile

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;925227]You know, most of us were old enough to play the original when it came out right? You make it seem like the series is something special to you and you only. Get over yourself.
Boo-hoo I am 4 years younger than you are.
Maybe 5, can't remember.

Or what, you talking about the original? For the playstation?
Yeah I didn't play that since I was and still is a Nintendo fanboy.
Played it as soon as it come out for the DS though.

And whatev, age has nothing to do with it since devotion is what matters.
That's a really silly and vague thing to argue about.

And no, it isn't special to me only, but it is special to me!

[quote=The X;925253]wesker was actually a terribad villain in RE1 anyway

He didn't really do **** in RE4...
RE1 he totally backstabs everybody in his team, unleashes hell upon them, and then later releases Tyrant only to get himself killed by it.
And to later reawaken as lesser god.

All for the sake of testing the B.O.W.
Seems pretty badass to me.
(Killing like, 70% of S.T.A.R.S. in the process.)

Where the hell have you been?

Posted by #061402

Quoting The X: wesker was actually a terribad villain in RE1 anyway

Hahahahaha, you are ****ing stupid. Con-****ing-firmed.

Posted by ExoXile

He flew away with the las plagas virus in RE4... yeah, totally badass...

Posted by #061402

Totally more badass than using people, who trust you with their lives, to gain field data for B.O.W.'s. Totally.

Posted by ExoXile

Seriously X, he's on most of the Top-10 villains for this very reason.

Posted by Aioros

X, didn't you play Code: Veronica? That's the game that first showcased Wesker's intentions and where he first showed off his newly gaines super powers. That's the game that really made him stand out as the primary antagonist of the series. He had 1 one line in RE4.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

i've only played the numerical resident evils

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

just watched the ending of code veronica

jesus christ no wonder chris is a tank now. got his *** spanked in that fight.

Posted by ExoXile

As if muscle would help him against Wesker.
Jeez.

And thank you for completely and utterly justifying my previous statement that you have no knowledge of him what-so-ever.

Quoted post: Boo-hoo I am 4 years younger than you are.
Maybe 5, can't remember.

Or what, you talking about the original? For the playstation?
Yeah I didn't play that since I was and still is a Nintendo fanboy.
Played it as soon as it come out for the DS though.

And whatev, age has nothing to do with it since devotion is what matters.
That's a really silly and vague thing to argue about.

And no, it isn't special to me only, but it is special to me!

holy ****. dude, it's a game. calm down. not like you created it or anything

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

this is like maian all over again

'I'M RESIDENT EVIL'S BIGGEST FAN... BUT I DIDNT PLAY THE FIRST ONE UNTIL IT WAS REMADE ^___^'

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

i've played RE1 in its PSX format and the cube remake

looks like i've seen more of wesky than exoxile has

Posted by ExoXile

[quote=The X;925369]i've played RE1 in its PSX format and the cube remake

looks like i've seen more of wesky than exoxile has
I have played the original as well, mongo.
Know what you're talking about before you blurt out assumptions.

And no you clearly have not.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote][FONT=Tahoma]Or what, you talking about the original? For the playstation?
Yeah I didn't play that[/FONT].

mongo is certain style of skateboarding where you push with your leading foot.

how is that an insult?

Posted by ExoXile

Yes, it's the original.
Ported yeah, but the original.

Posted by ExoXile

Quoted post: Mongo people, one of the largest ethnic groups in the Democratic Republic of the Congo

I consider that insult enough.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=ExoXile;925414]Yes, it's the original.
Ported yeah, but the original.

Posted by ExoXile

Uh, it isn't?
The franchise is.

What the **** are you getting at anyway?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

that you arent a superior authority on resident evil

He is such a ****ing maian. holy ****

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

how can a video game franchise have any special sentiment to a person beyond 'THE GAMES IN THIS SERIES OWN, GONNA BUY THE NEXT ONE'

wow

Posted by ExoXile

Is that an insult? I still consider mongo being far, far worse.
And you displayed some severe lack of knowledge of the games since you said Wesker was badass in RE4.

So yes, I consider myself far more knowledgeable when it comes to the games than you.
Sheeeses.

[quote=The X;925430]how can a video game franchise have any special sentiment to a person beyond 'THE GAMES IN THIS SERIES OWN, GONNA BUY THE NEXT ONE'

wow
This coming from the guy who lives for vidyagames?
Oh haha, holy ****.

Posted by ExoXile

[quote=The X;925430]how can a video game franchise have any special sentiment to a person beyond 'THE GAMES IN THIS SERIES OWN, GONNA BUY THE NEXT ONE'

wow
This coming from the guy who lives for vidyagames?
Oh haha, holy ****.

Wesker owns in RE4.

Mercenaries.

Exo is making less and less sense

Posted by ExoXile

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;925440]Wesker owns in RE4.

Mercenaries.
Yes, yes he does.
It is however irrelevant to the game.

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;925441]Exo is making less and less sense
Debatable.

Quoted post: Yes, yes he does.
It is however irrelevant to the game.

No it isn't. Mercenaries is a big part of the game and Wesker is awesome in it. Completely relevant.

Posted by ExoXile

I wish I could have your babies.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=ExoXile;925434]This coming from the guy who lives for vidyagames?
Oh haha, holy ****.gaming owns. this is true. but the characters within are naught but a vehicle for my fantasies.

semper games.

Posted by ExoXile

Oh yeah right, as if your post isn't just as stupid as mine was.
Jesus kristus.

Posted by Aioros

You guys need to relax. I'm the biggest RE fanatic here so everyone just leave it at that and argue about something else.

Posted by coromoro

T-Virus (Saruman) was the biggest fan. :cool: I remember back when I first joined, his avatar was a picture of the t-virus, and his sig was a picture of RE zombies.

But now he's gone, so I guess Aioros can get the title. :cool2:

Posted by Fate

Wow, that argument was pretty gay and I'm the faggot that read/bought RE timelines/books.

Posted by ExoXile

[quote=Fate;925509][COLOR=skyblue]read/bought RE timelines/books.[/COLOR]
As guilty as you are. :3

Posted by Fate

Just a side note, Gears soldiers look a lot bulkier because of their armor. If you look at the contours more closely, they're not a muscly as you might think.

I think it's a lot more possible for Chris to get more buff after all these years of dealing with the stuff he's run into. Wesker's nose is easily identifiable and Chris still has the same chin and brow.

Posted by ExoXile

[quote=Fate;925516][COLOR=skyblue]Just a side note, Gears soldiers look a lot bulkier because of their armor. If you look at the contours more closely, they're not a muscly as you might think.[/COLOR]
Was going to mention that earlier, but never got to it.

Posted by Dr. Rockso

[quote=ExoXile;925271]He flew away with the las plagas virus in RE4... yeah, totally badass...

I thought Ada gave him the fake one and took the real one for the other company.

Posted by ExoXile

Quoting Dr. Rockso: I thought Ada gave him the fake one and took the real one for the other company.

Uh, no.

Now I'm confused.
No, they both go away inthe chopper.

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting ExoXile: Yeah I didn't play that since I was and still is a Nintendo fanboy.
This whole argument should have ended there.

Posted by ExoXile

Quoting Last Fog: This whole argument should have ended there.

Hey, grew up with the best, I stay with the best.

Of course, I still play other consoles.
But my heart will always be with Ninty.

Classic maian

Posted by coromoro

maian stole Exo's account.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=ExoXile;925552]Uh, no.

Now I'm confused.
No, they both go away inthe chopper.
wow, you really are resident evil's #1 fan buddy

[url=http://residentevil.wikia.com/wiki/Las_Plagas#History]from the resident evil wik:[/url]
[quote] Ada betrayed Wesker as she gave him a fake Plaga, delivering the real sample to a group she refers to as "[URL="http://residentevil.wikia.com/wiki/The_Agency"]The Agency[/URL]".

Posted by ExoXile

Yeah, made Wesker totally awesome.

Also, this would've made RE4 a really amazing RE game:
[youtube=Br_D93-nxdQ]Br_D93-nxdQ[/youtube]

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

slowly pacing through ANOTHER mansion with cliched scares (i mean SUDDEN LOUD NOISE and moving dolls, how gay can you get)

versus:

[IMG]http://ui09.gamespot.com/232/chainsaw_2.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.goodgame.se/upload/gameguide/games/GC/residentevil4/screenshots/5118El+Gigante+4.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.roningamedeveloper.com/Reviews/ResidentEvil4_SS10.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/5322/395158-image15_super.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.wiicafe.com/news/media/staff/Images/ada1.jpg[/IMG]

resident evil 4 was hell ****in yeah. gonna replay it before 5 hits

Posted by ExoXile

Resident Evil 4 was pretty awesome in its own right.
But I wouldn't have minded one bit if they kept going with the original concept.

Most of it was hallucinations, so who knows where the story would've gone when you got over that part and such.

And I was going to replay RE4 again as well, but I've tried several times for a couple of months now, I just played it too hard when it come out.
I'll pick it up in a couple of years again.

Edit:
Oh, and it wasn't a mansion, it was an airship of some kind if I recall correctly.

Posted by Aioros

Quoting ExoXile: Also, this would've made RE4 a really amazing RE game:
[youtube=Br_D93-nxdQ]Br_D93-nxdQ[/youtube]

That demo was really cool and I wouldn't mind playing RE4 if it had ended like that. But I'm glad Capcom scrapped it and implemented a whole new gameplay system. I believe a major change was badly needed for the series to win back the reputation it was slowly losing from a number of its fans and critics alike.

As much as I (and I'm sure you as well) loved the games for what they were, we have to recognize that the industry is always changing and games have to be refreshed from time to time in order compete and stay relevant.

Is that the video where he's fighting ****ing dolls? yeah, brilliant stuff right there.

The original REs were only scary because I was a kid and wasn't incredibly used to dogs jumping through a window. Sure RE4 wasn't scary but games aren't. RE4 got the super tense atmosphere down right though and I'd rather be chased by a swarm of intelligent infected people than one or two slow zombies.

Posted by ExoXile

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;925708] Sure RE4 wasn't scary but games aren't. RE4 got the super tense atmosphere down right though and I'd rather be chased by a swarm of intelligent infected people than one or two slow zombies.
That is why your opinion when it comes to RE games is completely void.

The truth hurts, I know.

Posted by ExoXile

Your truth isn't my truth.

Unless, you know, you take on the task of being my lord and saviour.

Whole first game was like a few zombies, occasional dogs, rare creature, and then maybe fast zombies. The infected were much better enemies.

Posted by ExoXile

First game was amazing, none of them have beaten it yet.
The atmosphere in the first one was just perfect.

It's cool if you don't think so.
It's not even worth arguing about.

Posted by coromoro

What makes it so great, Exo? I don't think you've actually told us. Yeah, the atmosphere is great, but that alone doesn't make it amazing. I wanna see a post where you passionately describe why you love the original so da[b]mn much.[/b]

Atmosphere was fine, but RE4's was better. The original games relied on using cheap scares to build the tension, which is really lame. RE4's tense atmosphere came from the fact that you're actually fighting a whole town of people who can think.

Relying on cheap scares is always a negative.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

he played the freakin DS remake when most of us have either played the PSX original or the cube version

how the hell would you know if we've beaten it or not

Posted by ExoXile

[quote=The X;925867]he played the freakin DS remake when most of us have either played the PSX original or the cube version.
...ReRemake was the first game I bought with the GC back in 02.
What the **** are you talking about?
I SAID I PLAYED THE ORIGINAL, ORIGINAL ON THE ******* DS.
Know your facts, jesuschrist***********ingignoranceis****ingmeof.
What the **** made you assume I had not played the remake?

Oh and what made the remake great? alright:

The story was really awesome to me, it's what started it all, after all.
I still gett the cravings to go all around the mansion/aqua ring/lab/basement and all those places since they really gave off something special.
Reading about how they started and was researching on animals and humans with the T-virus.
So first, the story/characters, it was ****ing amazing.

Then there's the excellent presentation, the pre-rendered backgrounds, ambient noises, graphics, suspension, the overall depth of detail.
Footsteps, etc.
Even the empty shells from the gun bounced of furniture and debris.
And most amazing of all, they actually made ripples in water, surely no one but me noticed this but I was just amazed by the depth of it all.

The lack of space in the inventory, it added to the whole scare.
The voice acting was excellent, the bosses were awesome, the puzzles were great.
And the difficulty was quite high.

This is a small portion of why I love it so much.
And there's no need to argue about it, it's my thoughts of the game.

I'm still appalled by the fact that you actually assumed I haven't played the remake, X wtf.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

nobody's saying its a bad game but if you released something that played like it in the year 2009 you would get ****in raped

Posted by ExoXile

[LEFT]It's standard is way above most games of today.

[CENTER]Just to freshen up you memory since you seem to have forgotten completely how the game actually was:
[youtube=KBojNQzD8gY]KBojNQzD8gY[/youtube]
[/CENTER]
[/LEFT]

Posted by Last Fog

Hey Exo is this you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilIk8z-pju8

Posted by ExoXile

Without clicking that link I can tell you no, since there' no footage of me suitable for youtube.

Nice try though.
[spoiler]And yes I'm being overly retarded on purpose, doi,
Since I think it is just as retarded to post that link.[/spoiler]

Posted by ExoXile

And now that I have watched it, no.
I loved RE4.
Never said anything that would suggest that I did not.

Getting, where, with this?

Posted by coromoro

That guy sucks at ranting.

Posted by ExoXile

Oh that reminds me, why the **** do they spray the herbs on themselves in RE5?

THAT IS ****ING RETARDED.
I mean seriously, what?
....Wwwwha? >_<

What the ****, the rant guy in the youtube thing thing didn't even like zero and the first one.
How the **** would you even try to make that me? jeez, try harder.

Embarrassing to read.

Posted by ExoXile

Yes you are, your remarks are completely unnecessary.

haha, oooh man. There's no reason to say anything more

Posted by ExoXile

Did you even read this page?
What did I do wrong?

You're acting more than a little kid than my 10year old sister.
Just, what?
I swear to *** you must have some kind of condition where you have to be an *******.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

EXOXILE SHUT THE **** UP YOY KNOW NOTHING.............. NOTHING

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting ExoXile: What the ****, the rant guy in the youtube thing thing didn't even like zero and the first one.
How the **** would you even try to make that me? jeez, try harder.
Haha, I was just kidding. I stumbled upon that video and it reminded me of this thread that's all.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

ignore exoxile its almost like he's mian but you replace mgs with resident evil

Posted by ExoXile

[quote=Last Fog;926021]Haha, I was just kidding. I stumbled upon that video and it reminded me of this thread that's all.
But he didn't like the first one, he's a complete dickwad! :(

Posted by ExoXile

[quote=The X;926023]ignore exoxile its almost like he's mian but you replace mgs with resident evil
's not like anyone but you and vamp take anything of this seriously.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

the first one................................................ sucked

tier list

resident evil 2 (jill boobs) > resident evil 4 > resident evil 3 > resident evil 1

RESIDENT EVIL 5 AT THE TOP

Posted by ExoXile

On the top of racism. [IMG]http://www.vgchat.com/images/icons/icon8.gif[/IMG]

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

racism owns....... kill all niggas

Posted by ExoXile

Just watch out for the blood, I hear it'll kill you.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

shut up exoxile nobody likes you

Posted by ExoXile

Haha

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

you laugh but i seriously meant it

Posted by ExoXile

Do you honestly think I give a ****?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

this thread is at 16 pages so............................................ yes

Quoted post: Did you even read this page?
What did I do wrong?

Reread your posts.

Posted by ExoXile

[quote=The X;926053]this thread is at 16 pages so............................................ yes
You said no one liked me 5 posts ago so..............................what?

also, stop this ****ing harassing me thing and come up with some good arguments instead.

Even though I love playing you both to the point where you actually think I give a **** about what you say.
It's just unnecessary.

by the mere fact that you've responded and made rants for 16 pages he's saying that indicates you care. simple.

Posted by ExoXile

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;926063]by the mere fact that you've responded and made rants for 16 pages he's saying that indicates you care. simple.
Then you care equally as much?
I'm just doing it because it's hilarious to see you two, I need some drama in my life.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I AM THE PUPPET MASTER

Haha, nice try, but no. We're not the ones ranting and complaining. In fact, my posts are mainly just "haha, oh wow"

Posted by ExoXile

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;926073]Haha, nice try, but no. We're not the ones ranting and complaining. In fact, my posts are mainly just "haha, oh wow"
Way to care.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

exoxile suck my dick

this is exo trying to take back everything he's said in the last 16 pages.

It's like the good ol' days of speedfreak.

Posted by ExoXile

No thanks.
You can however come over and grab a beer me if you'd want to.

All right, if this going to steer right away from RE5 might as well keep it in DA.

HUR CARE CARE CARE CARE. but seriously

Posted by coromoro

Yeah, honestly, Vamp is putting no effort at all into arguing or proving anyone wrong. He's the one that cares the least, probably.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

switch my thread with this one

Posted by ExoXile

[quote=ExoXile;926059]
also, stop this ****ing harassing me thing and come up with some good arguments instead.

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;926087]All right, if this going to steer right away from RE5 might as well keep it in DA.

HUR CARE CARE CARE CARE. but seriously

Way to try to be the one getting back on topic, I did last page.
But yeah, sure, blame me.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

EXOXILE JUST DROP THIS ARGUMENT AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Yes, because my post clearly says "*******IT EXO, STOP GETTING OFF TOPIC." jesus christ.

anything else from here on out that's about exo being stupid or exo saying he doesn't care gets deleted.

Posted by ExoXile

Oh my *** you're so easy to tantalize.

Posted by ExoXile

Deleting posts is exactly what the Nazis did to win the war.
Low blow.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

***WIN INVOKED NEEEEEEEEEEEE NAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

http://www.vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=33325

huuuuuuuuuuuur

idiots

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting The X: the first one................................................ sucked

tier list

resident evil 2 (jill boobs) > resident evil 4 > resident evil 3 > resident evil 1

RESIDENT EVIL 5 AT THE TOP
Are you joking? That's all wrong. Jill wasn't even in the 2nd one.

Posted by ExoXile

Haha, oh man aXe.

Posted by Aioros

Christ, can we have some serious discussions in here for a change?

The last few pages are filled with 3 people arguing and throwing insults at each other to see who can outsmart the other one (more like 2 ganging up one 1). All 3 of you look like tools so just give it a rest. ****.

Posted by ExoXile

The graphics are great.

Posted by coromoro

Agreed. Graphics are fantastic.

By the way, why do you call The X "aXe?" I don't really get it.

Posted by ExoXile

No real reason.

And I still think that they spray the herbs on is pretty gay.
Looks retarded.

Posted by coromoro

I haven't heard about this. What's it about? If you find a herb, you put it in a spray can and spray it on yourself?

Posted by ExoXile

...Precisely, in sort of a "Z" motion.
It enrages me.

Posted by coromoro

Hmm, that's kinda silly.

Posted by ExoXile

Think that's silly?
Looks even sillier when your team mate heals you both, you're both swept into a green mist of love.

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting ExoXile: And I still think that they spray the herbs on is pretty gay.
Looks retarded.
The concept of herbs is retarded as it is. What is this magical plant that can instantly heal all forms of open wounds and even venomous poison (if it's a blue one of course). And why are they all scattered all over the place in the most ridiculous places? Mansions, medieval castles, African slums, etc.

Posted by ExoXile

Hey, there's a line of ridiculous one should not cross.
And dum-dum-duh! there's herbs that can cure poison.:eek:

Posted by Last Fog

It makes more sense to spray it on, looks like some sort of disinfectant medicine. Better than just eating some plant you find on the ground or rub in on your wounds or whatever they did.

Posted by ExoXile

Not really.
Well, not according to biochemistry* anyway.

Posted by Last Fog

Oh, please. It only looks silly now because they never showed before what they do with the herbs.

Anyway, I was watching some footage of a boss fight on a ship against some generic looking sea monster. It looks ripped straight out of gears of war 2. Pretty lame compared to the RE4 sea monster, since now you're on a giant ship with two mounted turrets and no sense of helplessness. I really think they're aiming for a straight up action shooter this time. I can't imagine any sense of fear anyhow playing on co-op.

Posted by ExoXile

[quote=Last Fog;926373]Oh, please. It only looks silly now because they never showed before what they do with the herbs.
Should have kept it that way.

Posted by Last Fog

True. But it's better than showing them chew on the darn things.

Posted by ExoXile

Idk, would have been pretty sexy.

On a serious note though, since it's an action game and enemies are coming at you the whole time it's a really stupid addition.

The very concept of a health bar is retarded, let alone herbs that can fill it up.

Quoted post: Christ, can we have some serious discussions in here for a change?

The last few pages are filled with 3 people arguing and throwing insults at each other to see who can outsmart the other one (more like 2 ganging up one 1). All 3 of you look like tools so just give it a rest. ****.

Hey, buddy, you're a day late.

Posted by ExoXile

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;926499]The very concept of a health bar is retarded, let alone herbs that can fill it up.
It's even more silly when the screen flashes red when you're near death and then your health magically replenishes.

At least there could be a magical super herb out there.

Quoted post: It's even more silly when the screen flashes red when you're near death and then your health magically replenishes.

Exactly. Pointing out **** in video games that doesn't make sense is retarded. Especially when you're talking about a video game in which you fight zombies and dudes with superpowers.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

halo 1 and far cry 2 had the best health meters in my opinion. you can recover from small portions of damage but if you step on an IED or some **** dont except all your health to come back yo

Agreed. Riddick had the same thing and I always thought that was the best compromise. Not as annoying as looking for health packs, but not as easy as ducking behind a wall and being all patched up

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

plus when you inject yourself with needles in far cry 2 your mom freaks out like 'is that heroin' and you're like 'heh. indeed, mother. :cool:'

oh right, far cry 2. Was thinking of far cry. Forgot about the whole needle thing. Snapping bones into place was all that stuck with me.

Also, having huge metal rods jammed into your neck is way better.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

actually, fable 2 has the best health system

running low on health? let yourself be killed. YOU GET ALL YOUR HEALTH BACK WOO

That's stupid.

New Prince of Persia's is also stupid as hell. If you're seriously hurt you just need to press a button on time and BAM. back to full health.

Posted by ExoXile

Metroid's system is pretty alright.

It's the same as pretty much all other health systems except you have a ridiculous amount of health and health packs are more frequent.

Posted by ExoXile

Difference is that it could be real.

Energy which is used up when the suit repairs itself.

Auto-regenerating health could be real. But it's not. Anything could be real eventually. That doesn't make it any less ridiculous now. Especially when you're talking about metroid

Posted by ExoXile

Metroid is most likely not set in our time, and probably not even our galaxy.
Nothing is ridiculous about it.

People regenerating during WWII, is though.
Although the Nazis were probably close to something like it.[IMG]http://www.vgchat.com/images/icons/icon11.gif[/IMG]

Quoted post: Metroid is most likely not set in our time, and probably not even our galaxy.

Quoted post: Nothing is ridiculous about it.

These two sentences together are great.

Quoted post: People regenerating during WWII, is though.

halo

Posted by ExoXile

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;926630]
halo
Halo might be justified...

Idk, fine, it's ridiculous.

As it should be.

Posted by ExoXile

Herbs is still sexy, when in non-spray form.

Posted by Aioros

Would it make you feel any better if it was called "first aid spray" instead? Those were used in the original games and the characters did spray it on (even if you did not see it). It's safe to assume those sprays were made out the same medicinal herbs you found growing everywhere, just packaged so it's easier to apply to the wound. So lets assume that's what RE5 has and that's exactly why they're spraying it on. Why do you have a problem with it? What is so ridiculous about something that was also used in past games? It's nothing new.

plus it's a visual way to deliver the herbs than chewing on them and quicker than stopping and rubbing them all over your body

Posted by Ant

who cares

Posted by ExoXile

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;926935]plus it's a visual way to deliver the herbs than chewing on them and quicker than stopping and rubbing them all over your body
You still stop, and it looks silly.
Should just have skipped it and leave it to everyone's imaginations.

Posted by Dr. Rockso

I'm surprised that everyone is fine with the massive amounts of old typewriters and ink ribbons to save.

Posted by ExoXile

Oh right, I miss the ink ribbons as well. :(

Posted by Dr. Rockso

I used to run out of them right before a boss fight almost every time.

Posted by ExoXile

All part of the difficulty. :cool:

Posted by Dr. Rockso

I hope they sync the games up with the movie, having that other company contending with Umbrella would be pretty cool, as long as it actually is another company and not a puppet co.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

hahahahahaahahahaha jesus christ ****ing no get the hell out

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

unless you mean the CG movie then okay not bad

the agency i guess you mean right

Posted by Dr. Rockso

**** yeah the cg movie, the other ones shouldn't even have Resident Evil in the title since the only thing that they have in common is the names of characters and places.

EDIT: The ones that were retrieving the claw at then end, I think there name might be Triphage or something, mabey im just making it up because of their logo.

Posted by ExoXile

Claire was ****ing hot in degeneration.

Posted by coromoro

Alice was the hottest, in my opinion. :cool:

Edit: And yeah, I miss the ink ribbons, too. They were pretty cool.

Posted by Dr. Rockso

Apparently they are zombies, i thought it was going to be Plagas again.
Anyway, does anyone know what the SE comes with?

Posted by ExoXile

Looks like plaga victims to me...

Posted by Ant

Quoting coromoro: Alice was the hottest, in my opinion. :cool:

you just like pointy nipples.

Posted by coromoro

Aw, I forgot about the nipples. Those were a turn-off. :puke:

Posted by ExoXile

The dress at the end was really freaky... very Silent Hill.

Posted by Ant

Quoting coromoro: Aw, I forgot about the nipples. Those were a turn-off. :puke:

...for you maybe.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

i'm p. sure they're plagas victims again in this one. the creatures still crawl out of decapitated victims.

Posted by Dr. Rockso

My bad, some review said they were zombies and the close ups of the ones with chunks of flesh missing got me mixed up. Hope they're are more Gigantes in it.

Posted by Aioros

Quoting Dr. Rockso: Hope they're are more Gigantes in it.

One of the earlier trailers showed one the BSAA members getting stepped on by a BIG foot, looked like a type of el Gigante to me.

Posted by Dr. Rockso

Yeah, just saw a screen shot with a Gigante, these seem to be of the fuzzy bearded type.
[URL="http://www.destructoid.com/resident-evil-5-el-gigante-is-back-and-he-s-****ed-118983.phtml"]
[/URL]

RE5 needs save-anywhere. Pretty much hate having to run between savepoints that are really spread out.

Posted by Ant

I kinda like that. Gives it an old school feeling and makes the areas inbetween all that much more important.

Posted by ExoXile

There was some really frightening modes in RERemake, invincible zombies etc.
It was close to impossible, but man did it feel great when you beat it.
And the thank you letter from the staff was really nice.

Didn't mean save anywhere, couldn't remember the word. Checkpoints. It needs checkpoints. Save stations are fine, but if I wanna stop playing I don't want to be forced to backtrack or push forward just to save.

Posted by Ant

eehhhhhhh, gonna pull an exoxile on this one and say that the old way is better. for this series at least. games like gears or other shootan checkpoints are welcome.

It's annoying. Especially limited saves.

Posted by ExoXile

Like it as it forces you to be careful, extra planning etc.
Games nowadays are too easy.

That's not making it easier. That's just making it so you don't have to force yourself to play.

Posted by ExoXile

Not didn't run out of ink ribbons that fast.
And even if you were about to you always had one left just in case you wanted to quit.

No big deal.

except I had to backtrack or push forward if I wanted to quit. Like I said.

Posted by Ant

Ink ribbions I wasn't a big fan of, but still like the typewriters. if only for the sound of when your save gets typed out.

Posted by Aioros

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: That's not making it easier. That's just making it so you don't have to force yourself to play.

It does make games easier, much like save states in roms.

No. You dying and having to replay forty minutes that you've already passed isn't making a game hard. It's making a game annoying since you've already beat it. Checkpoints just correct that annoyance by not forcing you to go all the way back to your last save because you made a mistake. Neither has anything to do with actual difficulty. Save-anywhere, however, is a different story.

Typewriters are fine as a savestation, just not the use of ribbons.

Posted by ExoXile

It still makes it harder.
Hence more difficult.

No. It doesn't make it harder. You've already passed that entire section. It's just making you replay that section you've already beat and will likely beat again. Ergo no impact on difficulty is made, rather the length of the game.

It's like constantly dying in one area and getting forced back five areas that are a breeze. It's the last area that's difficult, not the five areas in between.

Anyone who thinks replaying sections of the game increases the difficulty has incredibly poor logic. Difficult battles and difficult enemies/puzzles/etc increase the difficulty, not replaying previously beaten sections because you've already beaten them.

Posted by ExoXile

Hard to the point of tedious.
Maybe even ridiculous.

Still there is no flawed logic when saying it is hard.

Basically:
Sprint around the track 10 times.
= Harder than one time, even though it is repetitive.

Another one:
run this obstacle course, if you fail at one point start over and do it again.
= Hard, repetitive.

The logic is perfectly fine.

Are you actually serious? Real world instances do not apply at all to this. Running ten laps is harder than one because you get TIRED and SORE. This is a video game, characters do not feel. Running ten laps in a video game is only repetitive. It is not more difficult.

As for the obstacle course, that one obstacle that's messing you up is hard, the rest clearly are not. It doesn't increase the difficulty, it stays at the baseline set by that one difficult obstacle. Everything else falls below that line. Again, this isn't the real world therefore there's no exhaustion and therefore every attempt is no more difficult than the last. In fact, if anything, every subsequent attempt would be easier.

You see this especially in shooters where checkpoints/saves are far apart. You'll have a half dozen areas where you take minimal damage and then get to the main set-piece. This main battle is difficult and it causes you to die, setting you back those half dozen areas. Does that make those areas more difficult? No. Does that make the game more difficult? No. It makes the experience frustrating and tedious.

And frustration and tedium have nothing to do with actual difficulty.

Posted by Fate

Just to make a point:

Getting from point A to point B isn't difficult and I understand that. It's getting from point A to point C that makes it difficult because of all the stuff you faced in between. So, if you **** up on C, you better plan A to B better. State saves work, checkpoints don't.

Posted by ExoXile

Quoted post: difficulty1. the state or quality of being difficult
2. a task or problem that is hard to deal with
3. a troublesome or embarrassing situation: in financial difficulties
4. an objection or obstacle: you're just making difficulties
5. lack of ease; awkwardness: he could run only with difficulty

Per definition, not getting past a certain point is an obstacle.
Therefore it is difficult.
If you do not get past that point again when you have beaten the game, you pretty much haven't improved.

First time I played the RERemake, it took me about 17hours, now it takes me 2~.

It's a difficulty that you can get past.

You're a ****ing idiot. Reread what I said. Seriously, I think you're just trolling now because there's no way you can get what I said so completely wrong. Show me where I said an obstacle wasn't difficult. That's why it's called an obstacle because you have to overcome it. Jesus.

Quoted post: It's getting from point A to point C that makes it difficult because of all the stuff you faced in between. So, if you **** up on C, you better plan A to B better. State saves work, checkpoints don't.

Checkpoints save after a difficult area. Therefore the checkpoint would be D and C would be the difficult section. If you **** up on C and get forced to A, chances are A and B aren't what's giving you trouble. You can, and often do, replay A and B similarly as the last time, but it's C, the difficult section before the checkpoint, that you need to plan better. Really, if you **** up on C, why should you play A and B any different when those are the sections you passed?

Posted by Ant

so in the newest trailer they make it fairly apparent that jill isn't dead.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/45534.html

Posted by ExoXile

No just just plaganised, which is muuuch better. :(

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

hey, leon and ashley were infected too and they found a solution

it's all good

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

also, holy crap that music is star wars as hell

kept expecting chris to pull out a lightsaber

Posted by ExoXile

She seem to have turned into salazar's right hand though.
FFFFF.

**** it Jill, stay away from the infectious people. :(

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

wesker's right hand i think you mean

Posted by ExoXile

Yea
Also, are we sure it's Jill?
What if it's Barry or something.

BARRY IS ****ING AWESOME DON'T TOUCH BARRY.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

too small and thin to be barry

plus the whole grave thing sets this up nicely. jill disappears and is presumed dead, turns out she's weskers right hand.

Posted by ExoXile

Would surely make Wesker even naughtier than ever if he had Jill under his control.
I just can't imagine a way for them to get her back.
Which they might not.

Would kinda suck.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

wesker will probably treat her as disposable and give her up at some point, wherein chris can inject her with the antidote

would own if there was a fight scene between them

Quoted post: so in the newest trailer they make it fairly apparent that jill isn't dead.

Yeah, I said that earlier in the thread, dude.

Posted by Dr. Rockso

Bring back Mr. X

Posted by Dr. Rockso

http://blog.wired.com/photos/uncategorized/2009/01/16/re5ce.jpg

So worth the price.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

what price is it

100 bucks

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

so probably like

it all kinda sucks other than the figure. never use a bag, never use a ****ty ugly necklace... etc

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

my buddy bought the SFIV collector's ed and his c. viper's arm has already started to crack

owned

no surprise there. free **** usually blows.

Should've been a bobblehead.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

the vault boy bobblehead was really good quality. mine is still on my car dash bobblin away ever time i hit the road

mine's still on my bass rocking out every time I turn the music up

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

the handle fell off my lunchbox but i was able to reaffix it

haven't used it. on a shelf where it'll stay forever

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

mine is used as a box for holding all my lil car utilities like window cleaners and deicer

that's a pretty good idea actually.

wait, glove box. right

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

glove box is where my CDs and manual are

centre console for that ****

well, cds anyways. glove box is for the manual

moved to general gaming

also, re6 is confirmed to get a reboot. pretty sure that includes story.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, i like the story

There's not really a story though. It's more like 6 stories loosely tied around a loose overarching story.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

under the UMBRELLA of a larger story ;)

dohoho

I wouldn't be surprised if they stick with Umbrella but they just don't **** it up this time.

Posted by Dr. Rockso

Getting mine in a couple of hours, someone let me know how co-op is.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

okay, played through a third of the game so far. THOUGHTS:

PROS
- it plays almost exactly like resident evil 4, which is a very good thing
- zombie dogs and ravens are back
- the partner system as a whole is pretty rad, sharing items isnt as bad as i was expecting and sheva usually takes the initiative as to when she can and cant pick your **** off the ground
- new enemy types are hella cool, ganado prostitutes and fat black guys especially
- achievements are a nice balance of 'do something cool' and progression
- co-op adds a whole bunch to the experience and it's pretty sweet that you dont have to deal with lobbies or anything. drop-in/drop-out ownz

CONS
- the voice acting is still as hammy as ever (technically this should be a pro because i got a couple of lols from the acting)
- the whole YOUR PARTNER DIES, YOU DIE thing sucks. i shouldnt be punished because sheva couldnt walk around an obstacle and got her head lopped off
- gears of war cover system is horrible. only works on certain walls, and popping out from cover points your gun at a 45 degree angle from the wall, making it pointless
- no inventory tetris :(
- so many redshirts loooooooooool

i think i listed more cons than pros as usual, but the bad points are more nitpicky for sure

Posted by Dr. Rockso

On chapter 5-3. Kind of disappointed how obvious who the mystery person is.
Whats the deal with unlimited ammo?

Posted by Colonel

I'm on chapter 3-1 and I just got raped by a Crocodile.

**** reptiles....

Posted by Red

was considering getting it today, but I think I'll beat Disgaea 3 first.
is it worth the buy?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Colonel;934550]I'm on chapter 3-1 and I just got raped by a Crocodile.

**** reptiles....you can pretty much just run past them, killing them gets you no rewards

almost done with the game, played chapters 3, 4 and 5 in co-op and it owned to combo wesker between us using the deagle and M4A1, **** yeas this game owns. definitely about the same length as RE4.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Dr. Rockso;934545]On chapter 5-3. Kind of disappointed how obvious who the mystery person is.its resident freakin evil what do you expect

Posted by Speedfreak

Heard it's not that great.

Makes sense, no Shinji Mikami.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Speedfreak;934562]Heard it's not that great.it's decent in single player, awesome as hell in co-op

Posted by Colonel

Quoting Red: was considering getting it today, but I think I'll beat Disgaea 3 first.
is it worth the buy?

It is completly worth the buy. However, I feel like I'm the only one satisfied with this game. It brings about the same things to the table as we saw in Resident Evil 4.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Colonel;934567]It is completly worth the buy. However, I feel like I'm the only one satisfied with this game. It brings about the same things to the table as we saw in Resident Evil 4.word, it's RE4 with co-op and cooler guns and nicer explosions

Posted by Colonel

These days people are too used to the 'Call of Duty' way of action gaming. Makes me sick a lil.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

resident evil 5 is so desperately emulating western action games, what on earth do you mean

Posted by Colonel

It's wayyyyy to slow compared to a game like CoD 4 or Left 4 Dead

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

i just realized that control scheme D is almost the exact same as dead space.... whoa....

Posted by Dr. Rockso

Most drawn out, annoying, and frustrating as hell final boss fight ever.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Dr. Rockso;934585]Most drawn out, annoying, and frustrating as hell final boss fight ever.huh? i thought it was pretty standard, hella cool to fire RPGs at wesker and see him catch them with his bare hands. were you playing co-op? because the mustafar-style fight at the very end is easy if one person plays bait.

so yeah obviously i finished the game. THE X'S FULL VERDICT:

PROS:
- the weapon selection is ****in sweet, as are the unlock guns. only have the longbow so far, but it owns
- in the end i actually ended up preferring the new hot-select system over the old briefcase. if you use the key shortcuts it makes things hella easy
- co-op adds a whole lot more to the game, recommend playin as much as possible of the game in co-op
- wesker was wicked cool, wanna ride his uroboros dick. he owns in the mercs
- so many unlockables....... whoa
- the boss fights were almost all fantastic
- sheva is a cool character
- the music was actually pretty good

CONS:
- the 6-2 boss fight sucked ***
- the super-enemies were either RE4 rehashes or frustrating pieces of ****, like those giant insectoids
- all the characters bar chris and wesker were irrelevant
- the ending lacked, hardcore. having wesker just fall into a volcano screaming CHRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS and jill deciding not even to pursue him after 7 freakin games of antagonism was pretty underwhelming
- SUCK ON THIS WESKER lmao

Posted by Slade

Got a link to a list of unlockables by any chance? A friend of mine picked this up the other day, so I'll probably storm co-op with him on spring break.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

the guns that i know of (some are still ??? for me):
gatling gun
longbow
s&w .500
handcannon

characters that i know of:
STARS chris
STARS jill
STARS wesker
irving
RE5 jill
RE5 wesker

costumes i know of:
safari chris
african sheva
nightclub sheva
STARS chris

Posted by Dr. Rockso

What the hell is a handcannon and how do i get one.

Moar gunz

Hydra
M93R
Infinite Rocket Launcher

As for the boss fight, I was talking more of the first part where it doesn't really tell you what to do, so we spent half an hour shooting him with the grenade launcher and trying to inject him. The last part was a fun because I kill Wesker on Veteran with mah stun rod.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

RPG is a huge glass case and sheva saying WE NEED TO FIGHT IN THE SHADOWS?? come on

Posted by Dr. Rockso

Yeah but in co-op I usually cant hear what she says and after the first shot I didn't know what to do, I mean, what ******* thinks "I'll put the rocket launcher in this case and I'll put the rest of the ammo two stories above it, I SMELL PROMOTION."

So I went to buy this game and the night before every store around here jacked game releases up to $69.99 so I was all "haha, no..."

Posted by Ant

SO MUCH FOR THE CANADIAN DOLLAR HUH!?

****ING AMERICA FUUUUUUUUUUCK

back when you guys were all cool people wanted a ****ton of oil and canada has a ****ton of oil and suddenly canada was rolling in dough. then america was all "lol gonna **** up the world" and now no one wants it and the dollar drops to 77 cents.

But even when it was at, like, 60 cents a few years ago games were still the same price (cheaper actually than the us because of the weaker dollar) so I don't get it. I'm assuming it's just a cashgrab. Way to make ten extra dollars.

And that's a big deal. Games with tax before were 67 dollars. Now they're 78 dollars. Ridiculous.

Posted by Ant

That is pretty sucky, actually. Still, I think games are a better entertainment investment, than say, buying a new movie. Two hours of entertainment vs. some games that can give you many many more hours worth of entertainment for only 3x the cost.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Quoted post: That is pretty sucky, actually. Still, I think games are a better entertainment investment, than say, buying a new movie. Two hours of entertainment vs. some games that can give you many many more hours worth of entertainment for only 3x the cost.

Some games are totally worth it. But idk, RE5 seems like such a rental to me now. But it's a hard price to justify for a lot of games I would seriously consider before. Just gotta be more choosy.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

RE5 could definitely be rented if you dont care about doing new game+, the new weapons and mercs. took me three days to do the main story and gain 500G.

I do care about that stuff... if I owned it. But idk just not that excited for the game for some reason

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

its a good game, esp. in co-op

good? not good enough

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

i think i already said this but:

singleplayer: good
co-op: P. OWNAGE!!!

i've spent most of my time in co-op, and it really detracts from playing solo :(

I'd only buy it if I knew someone would play the entire game with me. But that won't be any time soon anyways. so yeah

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

i'd play it with you but now that i have unlimited ammo for most of my guns and all the armor it would kinda detract from the experience i guess

plus timezones

I'm always up at this time so idk.

and can't you turn that **** off? guess it's a no buy

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

you can, but it owns too much to not use it

*shoots deagle at wesker, forever*

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

also, best fun i had in this game so far was getting the achievement for beating up wesker in their first fight despite him supposedly being invincible

OWNZ

**** it then

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

okay lets play together buddy

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

we gotta do it on veteran though cause i want the achievement

it's gonna be a couple weeks at least

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

okay, i'll pencil u in

*adds a date with a vampire to diary*

hopefully nothing good is coming out soon.

other than riddick

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

you'll totally buy it in the summer drought and love it

yeah I will. Probably exactly when I'll but it.

Posted by Dr. Rockso

I remember when I lost in that first fight against Wesker because my friend and I killed Jill with Magnums.

Can't wait to play Pitch Black mode on the new Riddick game though.

Multiplayer better be awesome. There's a lot of potential with that universe.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

what's pitch black mode

there's one riddick, it's pitch black, he has that eye shine, everyone else has flashlights and has to hunt him down.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

sounds kinda like AvP2. wanna play that ****

that game ****ing owned. Pretty sure the developers were making a new game and it got axed recently. Raged.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

the aliens RPG got axed

Oh yeah, **** that. isn't there an AvP game in development?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Aliens: Colonial Marines

ugh, why do they always focus on aliens. Aliens is cool as **** and all, but predator is so underrepresented.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

want them to make a game based on that Aliens VS Predator VS The Terminator comic book

comic wasn't so hot if you ask me.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

batman vs alien

batman vs predator was the best out of all those comics. by far. superman vs predator was hecka lame though

Posted by Aioros

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: I do care about that stuff... if I owned it. But idk just not that excited for the game for some reason

If you're not excited about it or have been excited about it then it's probably not for you. At this point I think RE5 mostly appeals to the hardcore RE fanatics who've been following the series for years. Not for people looking for the next hot shooter, because they'd probably be dissapointed.

Finished the game on Sunday and honestly I have to say that RE4 was the better for many reasons. RE5 has a lot to offer and it improves on what it's predecessor did in many ways but at this point, 5 years later, it just doesn't have that same impact RE4 did. It's still a good game, maybe not great but still a very good, solid game.

Having said all that: the last chapter in this game is basically what i wanted and that alone for me was worth the price. The Chris/Wesker confrontation has been built up since Code Veronica and the conclusion between them in this game was incredible. As cool a villain as Wesker was, RE has a story that progresses in real time as years go by and he had to be taken down at some point, so I'm glad it happened in this game in such a spectacular way. I think Chris put it best with:

"I've had enough of your bulls[COLOR="Yellow"]h[/COLOR]it!"

G[COLOR="yellow"]o[/COLOR]d I love that line.

Quoted post: At this point I think RE5 mostly appeals to the hardcore RE fanatics who've been following the series for years.

... but I'm both. I just don't want to spend 69 dollars on it.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

now that i have almost all the unlocks, just gotta beat the game on professional difficulty

it is REALLY ****ing hard. even with an infinite ammo gatling gun. wow.

You never beat CoD4 on veteran. Bet it's a cakewalk.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

you die in one hit :(

its okay when there are only regular manjini around, but crossbow guys and dogs... gugjhguhguhghnkdsjgdsfgfh

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

also i beat every level of COD4 on veteran except mile gay club

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

get out

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

*shaky red-dot sight appears on awesome111s forehead*

POW

*awesome111's head comes off and one of those freaky plagas worms emerges*

Quoted post: also i beat every level of COD4 on veteran except mile gay club

Haha, pussy. Can't take a couple hours out of your life to constantly redo the same thirty seconds?

Posted by Ant

I tried on that one for awhile too :( Got to the part with the slow mo and ran out of time :(

You made it that far? Dang dude, should try it again. All you gotta do is shoot the face.