rip xbox 2

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

giving my second xbox it's final farewell tomorrow. Not sure what I'm going to do with it, but I have trouble looking at a stack of 360s sitting right in front of me so I have to get rid of at least one. Thing is, my first box died from a disc drive failure. My second died of a red ring. So I'm thinking I could take the drive out of 2 and put it in 1 and bam, new 360. On the otherhand I'm like "**** that ****" and don't really care. So I don't know.

Though I find it weird that both boxes died in the exact same amount of time. Got xbox 1 on december 25th 2005. Xbox 1 dies in May 2007. Get xbox 2 on the same day. Xbox 2 dies december 25th 2008. How ****ed up is that ****? For that reason alone I need to do something special with them.

Posted by Slade

First do the thing where you replace the one part in the other one so it'll work for maybe a week or so. Then take a sharpie and write a letter to the broken and useless xbox about all the good times you had with it on the xbox itself. Then put it with all the other junk you keep and look back on it in like 10 years and think "wow, I can't believe I wrote such a gay letter."

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

repair then send to slade

hey, I should do that

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

i was going to send mine to klarth but he ended up getting a better deal

Posted by Linko_16

So that's why you came back? Bored with no more X-Box?

Nah, got a new one. Came back because for other reasons including not being lazy.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

he came back because i owned him at COD4 in the matrix

Still have left over rage.

Posted by Linko_16

I do find the failure rate of X-Boxes, even now, to be kind of ridiculous. I don't know anything about how exactly the 360 is built and wired and what the problem with them really is, but it sort of baffles me that they've been selling them as-is without fully fixing whatever flaw there is in the design. I'm pretty close to biting the bullet and finally getting one (because of finances, not because of the failure rate), but it worries me that after all this time it's been out I can get one now and possibly have it break on me within the next two years.

failure rates are a lot lower than you'd expect. They've done two revisions to fix the drive and the red ring, and the newest units are pretty solid it seems. The main issue was how the console managed heat (in that it couldn't) causing the mobo to flex and bend which would lead to chips popping off. The newest units keep the heat way down essentially fixing the problem completely (assuming you have it ventilated.) Same with the drives, more durable.

Just hope you get a new box and not a leftover with old hardware in it. Otherwise you're guaranteed ****ed.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

buying an arcade would definitely minimize your risks big time

dirt cheap

plus, you get 5 arcade games with it. awesome

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

my arcade runs a lot smoother than my old 360 did. never had a DRE, whereas i used to get them every couple days on old60

Yeah, my old arcade was the same. Worked really well until shortly before christmas. Came out of nowhere really.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

at least you got feeding frenzy out of it

Posted by cool gamer dad

hm, well the one i'm sending to slade (lol seriously) had a bad drive, and i don't have a spare drive to put in it.

so maybe if we combine out xbox powers

boom boom rocket owns.

I should just send him my drive then. cheaper

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;918597]boom boom rocket owns.playing it with the rock band drumkit owns

Posted by cool gamer dad

yeah, there we go baby. now we're talking. oh yeah.

Quoted post: playing it with the rock band drumkit owns

just used the guitar. Some parts were a tad to difficult with a game pad.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: failure rates are a lot lower than you'd expect. They've done two revisions to fix the drive and the red ring, and the newest units are pretty solid it seems. The main issue was how the console managed heat (in that it couldn't) causing the mobo to flex and bend which would lead to chips popping off. The newest units keep the heat way down essentially fixing the problem completely (assuming you have it ventilated.) Same with the drives, more durable.

Oh, okay, that's understandable, then. It had been my understanding that there had been, like, no hope fixing it.

Posted by Slade

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: I should just send him my drive then. cheaper

squeeeeeeeeee~

Yeah that sounds like an awesome plan. Getting mail from Canada is fun. Plus I'll totally send you a letter written in macaroni noodles on construction paper in return.

sucks that postage just went up.

Posted by Slade

I can totally cover postage for you and mah nigga dan, too. No clue what it is, but I CAN COVER IT OKAY?!

okay

Posted by Slade

okay.

Posted by The Judge

okay.

nah

Posted by Ant

yeah?

yeah

Posted by Linko_16

Yup.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH

Posted by The Judge

Meh

Posted by Lord of Spam

So I opened my box and came across the warranty sticker and stopped. I'll gather my courage next time to break the seal.

Though we order these all the time for my work. Wonder if I can request a duplicate sticker for the xbox.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

warranty stickers?

little shiny sticker that, if broken, voids the warranty. We put them on our computers so some ******* can't **** around with it and ask for a refund.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

huh, thought you were on box4

rip lil buddy. surprised my second's still kicking, it's way past it's life expectancy.

Probably be on box 4 come may 2010.

Posted by Slade

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: So I opened my box and came across the warranty sticker and stopped. I'll gather my courage next time to break the seal.

C'MON PUSSY... PUSSYYYYYYY... C'MONNNNN DON'T BE A PUSSY, PUSSYYYY

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

slade on xbox... this is gonna own

So I called up the sticker manufacturer and turns out I wasn't the first one to come up with the idea. They can duplicate the MS warranty sticker, but they won't because apparently MS will sue you the **** out of existence if they find out.

MICROSOOOOOOOOOOFT

whatever, I'll just break the seal anyways. Been, like, two ****ing years since my first one broke.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

WOOOO

VAMP, THE REBELLIOUS HERO

Maybe I should just send my xbox 2 in for repairs cause it's free now. Would be good for a backup box.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

double the xboxes, double the p. ownage

would feel bad for slade every time I used it

Posted by Ant

as you should.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

he'd probably convert it into a wicked sick bowl mod

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

HE'D DEFINITELY BE GETTING THE RED RINGS IF YOU KNOW WHAT I M EAN RIGHT GUYS ;)

guy's kind of a douche anyways

HAHAHAHAHA

Posted by Slade

lol. I was like "haha that was pretty funny... WAIT DID HE USE AN EMOTICON AT THE END...? OHHHH HE DIDDDD HAHAHAAH" idk why but it had a strong effect on me this time.

okay who's a douche now? I'm actually super pumped 'cause I recently found out my internet handles games online p. well. Plus, if you and cats go through with it, then you get to help me lie to my grandma. I'll basically blow all the money she sent me on shipping, games, headset, and Live, but still mail her a thank-you card saying how I really needed some new stuff for cooking.

fuuuuck, now I pretty much gotta do it

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

you have me to thank slade, this was my idea

Posted by Slade

thank you for that helpful bit of lowercase posting a page or so back, man

Posted by Ant

in b4 nothing comes of it.

Posted by Slade

nothing but quiet tears

probably not, idk. Seems like a lot of work to package it up and ship it out. I mean, it's a disc drive. A fragile disc drive. Would have to wrap it safely and securely. But we'll see.

Posted by Slade

so I think my only option is to sexually excite and tease both you and cats into sending me the pieces to this giant puzzle of xbox. if I was a chick I'd totally promise nudes, but I'll have to find another way...

anyways if there's anything you think I could put together to send in return I'll totally do it. nothing better than doing something, having someone ask me what it's for, and then replying "some guy on the internet."

Quoted post: the pieces to this giant puzzle of xbox.

Pretty simple. Crack the case, undo a couple screws, look for exposed port, plug in drive, secure drive, close case!

Only thing I'm worried about is the quality of the drive. Honestly, if I didn't get the red ring, I'm fairly certain the drive would've broken a couple months later. Not entirely sure, but that's the feeling I got. I base this on the fact that the drive would never rev to full speed when I played CoD4, and would often drop from full speed to near silent when playing various other games. Usually not a good sign.

Posted by Ant

same happens with my wii and smash. only game that happens on.

Really? Drive is so quite I never really notice. Though, for the box, it doesn't really matter as long as I don't get a DRE. Only negative is that you THINK you'll get a DRE and, for multiplayer games, the maps load a tad slower.

Posted by Ant

hmm, so far my xbox seems fine. though it's only been 6 months :O seems like I got it just yesterday ;_;

whoa, it seems like it was a couple months back at the earliest.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

totally worth it for HDRemix

we should get another game going sometime

Posted by Ant

serious dood, I still play HDremix sometimes. like 4-5 matches ranked. it's funny how many more matches I have than you yet it says you're ranked higher wtf :( mai chun-li = unbeatable. ****ing love it when these obvious pro faggots are trying to do their typical thing and I just come in and own with come kicks and mpunch/throws.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

fireball trap still works nine times out of ten, it owns

Posted by Ant

THAT **** is so ****ing stupid. I just keep jumping against the back wall and when they finally get sick of waiting I just bounce off the wall into some mad kickz. so sad

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

when you jump i'm gonna fierce dragon punch

whoa, sfiv is a month away? thought it was due in march or april.

vamp should send me that ipod when he sends the dd! maybe!

Yeah, was thinking that last night. Just a case of putting everything on my new ipod.

Posted by Slade

holy glittery macaroni

oh yeah, not gonna pay shipping though. though shipping inside canada is dirt cheap anyways. BUT STILL!

no prob i have it covered! do you take cheques?

Posted by Ant

what are cheques?

cheques are too much of a pain in the ***. gotta go to a bank and cash them? jeez. plus, it'll probably be less than 5 bucks anyways. just mail me a couple toonies

Posted by Ant

jesus do you guys live in some sort of disneyland like place? toonies? cheques?

loonie is our dollar, toonie is our two-dollar piece.

Posted by Ant

lol. people saying things different than the country I live in. hilarious.

Gotta admit, loonie is pretty stupid/funny no matter where you live. But it's charming and endearing and pretty much sums up canada. What with our flag depicting a leaf and our national animal being a beaver and all

Posted by Ant

wonder how the word "buck" came to mean the equivalent of one dollar.

Quoted post: Meaning of "dollar" is 1856, Amer.Eng., perhaps an abbreviation of buckskin, a unit of trade among Indians and Europeans in frontier days, attested in this sense from 1748.

etymology online owns. use that site quite often

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote]O.E. agen "one's own," lit. "possessed by," from P.Gmc. *aigana- "possessed, owned" (cf. O.S. egan, O.Fris. egin, O.N. eiginn, Du. eigen, Ger. eigen "own"), from pp. of PIE *aik- "to be master of, possess," source of O.E. agan "to have" (see [URL="http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=owe"]owe[/URL]).

this site owns

man, i was surprised when they didn't change the animals on the coins. ****ing hockey bs ****

loonie is awesome

Dude, the hockey scene on the money is awesome. In fact, Canadian money looks pretty ****ing rad.

but i miss the birds :(

but yeah, at least we have different colours for each type of bill. american money is so annoying.

Posted by Ant

I like my money the same color as my poop.

Posted by Slade

frogskins

American money is probably the most boring in the entire world. Basically every other nation has there's colour coded, but not america! The least immature country in the world has the most mature money in the world.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

i think you mean most immature

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

in scotland

GREEN:

Posted by Lord of Spam

cash? lol

i seriously almost never have cash on me anymore.

Posted by Slade

"Can't you see it? There he is, bellied down in a gully, watching what is going on. He sees the kids playing with the money, tearing it up, the women using it to fire up some dried buffalo chips to cook on, the men lighting their pipes with green frog skins, but mostly all those beautiful dollar bills floating away with the dust and the wind. It's this sight that drove that poor soldier crazy. He's clutching his head, hollering, "***dam, Jesus Christ Almighty, look at them dumb, stupid, red sons of *****es wasting all that dough!" He watches till he can't stand it any longer, and he blows his brains out with a six-shooter. It would make a great scene in a movie, but it would take an Indian mind to get the point."

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

i hope the recession gets so bad that we have a weimar republic situation. wanna run through the streets carrying wads of

Quoted post: i think you mean most immature

in terms of look.

[QUOTE]GREEN:

Posted by cool gamer dad

paper-green: $100
paper-green: $50
paper-green: $20
paper-green: $10
paper-green: $5
paper-greeen: $1

*** bless america

Posted by Linko_16

Goooood Bless Americaaaaaa
Whooooore that I loooooove
Stand behind her
And ride her
Through the night
'Cause she's tight
Like a gloooooove

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Now this is a story all about how
I ascended to the seat of power
If you'll listen for a minute
Hear what I say
I'll tell you how I became President of the U. S. of A.

In west Honolulu, born and raised
In Jakarta, where I spent most of my days
Chillin' out in Chi-Town relaxin' all cool
Organizing communities like I was a fool
When a couple of guys
With a disdain for peace
Started making trouble in the Middle East
They started two little wars and we all got scared
The people said "We need a president who isn't mentally impaired!"

I ran a perfect race, turned red states blue
Swept electoral votes, added Rham to my crew
With a mandate for change and Constitution in hand
I'll dance on the Colonnade singing, "Yes we can!"

I got to the White House about 7 or 8
And I yelled to the Bushes "Yo holmes, smell ya later!"
Looked at my office
There were no corners there
Sitting at the Resolute Desk, signing universal health care

Posted by cool gamer dad

heeyyyyyy

i know where you've been~

Posted by WillisGreeny

WB? They play Fresh Prince quite a bit.

Quoted post: Now this is a story all about how
I ascended to the seat of power
If you'll listen for a minute
Hear what I say
I'll tell you how I became President of the U. S. of A.

In west Honolulu, born and raised
In Jakarta, where I spent most of my days
Chillin' out in Chi-Town relaxin' all cool
Organizing communities like I was a fool
When a couple of guys
With a disdain for peace
Started making trouble in the Middle East
They started two little wars and we all got scared
The people said "We need a president who isn't mentally impaired!"

I ran a perfect race, turned red states blue
Swept electoral votes, added Rham to my crew
With a mandate for change and Constitution in hand
I'll dance on the Colonnade singing, "Yes we can!"

I got to the White House about 7 or 8
And I yelled to the Bushes "Yo holmes, smell ya later!"
Looked at my office
There were no corners there
Sitting at the Resolute Desk, signing universal health care

Was I supposed to read this to the tune of the main theme of zelda?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;921500]Was I supposed to read this to the tune of the main theme of zelda?bel air

Posted by Slade

digimon theme

Posted by Slade

season 1

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

digimon
digital monsters
digimon are the champ-ions!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaange into digital champions
tooooooooooooooooooooooooooo save the digital
WORLD!

oh, well the zelda tune world surprisingly well

Posted by pkt

Do they have Bel Air up there?

Quoted post: oh, well the zelda tune world surprisingly well

what the **** does this mean?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

the zelda tune worked surprisingly well?

oh yeah. I'm pretty bad at figuring out what I meant.

Posted by cool gamer dad

what the hell dude lol 3:

speaking of xbox, i think my account might have expired or something, i cant tell. either way, can't download the latest update because of the firewall. i'm like

me: "hey dad can you let the firewall down for like, a minute i gotta update the xbox."

dad: *goes back to sleep*

burn it onto a disc, put disc in drive

or call ms and they'll send you a disc

burn it onto a disc, put disc in drive

or call ms and they'll send you a disc

**** you double post

Posted by Slade

HEY DANTHONY SEND ME YOUR XBOX I'LL MAKE IT WORTH YOUR TIME BABY

plus I've gotta leave for class really soon and you're not on msn so yeah this is your reminder

with all my love,
slade

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

if slade had an xbox.....................................................................i would cum every time i logged on..............i'd need diapers

oh yeah, my box

oh yeah, my ipod

Posted by cool gamer dad

Quoting Slade: HEY DANTHONY SEND ME YOUR XBOX I'LL MAKE IT WORTH YOUR TIME BABY

plus I've gotta leave for class really soon and you're not on msn so yeah this is your reminder

with all my love,
slade

gotcha duder, they dont close until 7 and i have the time

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

that post was supposed to sound like the yeeeeeeeeeeeah from wont get fooled again