Pokemon Platnium Coming Out March 22, 2009

Posted by ian22

I can't wait for Pokemon Platnium to come out. This will be the biggest Pokemon game since Pokemon Crystal. You get to go to the Sinnoh Battle Frontier, and that is sweet! Also F.Y.I. this game will be the best Nintendo D.S. game ever!

Posted by riolumaster

.........if they made a other kirby game... i`d be happy....
I MUST HAVE PLATNIUM!

Posted by ian22

I Know!!!!!!!!

Posted by chubbyguy2

dude i want it so bad i cant wait :P

Posted by riolumaster

i heard there is a item to keep giratina in orgin form when you go out of the torn world. if he does not hold it,he is regular. it`s most likely to be in back of giratina just like the admaiat orb is in back of dialga in diamond.
here are some legendary pokemons level in plantanium:
giratina:lv.47
dialga+palkia:lv.70

Posted by riolumaster

plantanium is a must have. this is pt.2!

Posted by riolumaster

go to toys r us to get a shaymin. its the one and ONLY shaymin that can turn to sky form. you cant catch it in the game. trade it from your diamond or pearl version or wait til` plantinum is out.
THIS IS IMPORTANT

Posted by Apathetic

I pre ordered mine while I was getting shaymin <3

Posted by Stalolin

i want them to remake gold and silver

**** these new games

Posted by maian

Is Platinum just a "special version" of Diamond and Pearl, like Emerald was? I might get it if it is, because I never got Diamond or Pearl.

Posted by Slade

Basically. It's got an expanded storyline and new locations plus new a different range of pokemon. I don't know all the details but if you haven't played D/P then it's a really good place to start.

Posted by Apathetic

For some reason I have a craving for the Giratina figure. Better make sure I pick that up when I go. I hear there is a regigas event going on sometime near pt release as well. Better get both.

Posted by Slade

Two of my friends are planning on grabbing this on the release date and basically rocking the **** out of it, so I thought I'd join in. Then today I found out they've put a combined 150 hours into D/P in the last month playing on the same DS with two different games. And they've been reading everything available on pokemon and have been EV training and will sometimes just stop what they're doing and say, "I think I forgot to pick those berries..." So my friends became hardcore, and I'm totally screwed.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

ask zeta for help

Posted by Slade

Even if I had all the info and hints on pokemon I could ever want, my drive to be the very best just isn't strong enough.

gonna talk a lot of **** to these guys then show up to the first battle with a team full of lvl 2 magikarps. and a wooper probably.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

you have an R4 right? just pok

Posted by Slade

We all have R4s (or some sort of flash cart), but aren't using pokesav to make teams. That'd be stupid. Besides, it's enough that the developers of Platinum are going hungry now because of pirates like us.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

the pok

Posted by Apathetic

Quoting Slade: Two of my friends are planning on grabbing this on the release date and basically rocking the **** out of it, so I thought I'd join in. Then today I found out they've put a combined 150 hours into D/P in the last month playing on the same DS with two different games. And they've been reading everything available on pokemon and have been EV training and will sometimes just stop what they're doing and say, "I think I forgot to pick those berries..." So my friends became hardcore, and I'm totally screwed.

sounds like a good ****ing idea. I need to build my dream team. Im planning on rocking the water starter piplup this time :cool:

Posted by riolumaster

omg plantinums out!
march 24th is todays date.

Posted by riolumaster

a

Posted by maian

Oh yeah, I got this game like, a week and a half ago because some guy got an early copy and made a ROM out of it, apparently (And yes, the actual American version and not just a translated one). Overall, I have to say that it's pretty rad. This is coming from somebody who hasn't played D/P though. Still, it's pretty awesome. I'm about to go beat the eighth gym and then the Elite Four. I hope my pokemans are well trained enough. >_> I Masterball'd Giratina, and I'm wondering if I should put him into my team, since he's a fscking Ghost/Dragon Pokemon, which pretty much means he's resistant to like, everything. However, all my other pokemans are pretty essential except for my Steelix, but he has all my HM's >_>

Posted by Slade

sample convo

"So yeah, Fantina's a *****."
"OH DUDE I KNOW ISN'T IT CRAZY I CAN'T BELIEVE SHE'S THE THIRD GYM LEADER NOW"
"....what?"
"DUDE SHE USED TO BE FIFTH... THIS IS HUGE..."

I'm not getting the importance of things like gym leader order. For me it's like you get to town, find the leader (usually involving a short quest), then beat them. I don't get any glow of happiness from running into them later since I barely remember them. Am I missing out on an integral part of pokemon or are my friends just obsessed with pocket monsters?

Posted by maian

I agree. :cookie: I actually did play through Diamond prior to Platinum, but I had only gotten through the first three gyms before obtaining Platinum and trading all my Pokemon over. I did notice how they changed the order up, but it certainly felt more natural and I didn't care. The only thing I even noticed was that I got Defog from the third gym, which I didn't have to use until much later. What a useless HM.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

platinum will own once the original gym quest is done. downloaded it mainly to play the battle frontiers, where earning a badge actually feels like a challenge.

Posted by maian

I've had fun so far, despite the easiness. It is true though, I've destroyed every single gym leader with barely any effort. Almost every single gym leader Pokemon has died with one hit. >_>

In fact, the only "trainer" that's even given me difficulty thus far was the final battle with Cyrus in the Distortion World. I was caught off guard by all his stupid SURPRISE THIS POKEMON SHOULDN'T HAVE THIS KIND OF MOVE moves, like when his Gyarados pulled an Earthquake on my Raichu.

That being said though, I still think the Elite Four could still be a blistering challenge, because all my Pokemon are levels 48-50, and I understand that the Elite Four/Champion range from levels 52-60 or something?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

whoa, does the team galactic story end in the distortion world now? kinda bummed about that. best part of diamond was fighting through two admins and then being like 'FUUUUUUUUUUUCK NOW I GOTTA FIGHT CYRUS' then all of a sudden your rival shows up and saves the day. that owned.

Posted by maian

uh

Couldn't tell ya. :cookie: Like I said, I never played through Diamond, so I have no idea. For all I know, Team Galactic could still be out there. But unless there's more to it in Platinum, that's how it went. You go to the Distortion World, meet up with Cynthia, and Cyrus shows up in the end and is all "I WILL RULE THE WORLD LETS BATTLE RAGH" then you kill his Pokemans, then fight Giratina.

I'm looking forward to beating the Elite Four so I can get the hold item that keeps Giratina in its original form. He's got levitate and he's a fscking ghost dragon Pokemon, so ground moves, one of his only weaknesses, would be useless LOL

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

ghost/dragon pokemon are weak to ice, dark, bug, dragon, and ghost attacks dude

Posted by maian

he still looks p. cool though

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

only a faggot uses legendaries

Posted by Slade

Why won't anyone respond to my VS Seeker? My success rate is 1/10 or lower, ****. Anyways, I've gotten stuck since I took on two new teammates in an area I thought would provide a lot of exp, but it didn't at all.

Posted by maian

So I beat Cynthia against pretty tough odds. The Elite Four was a breeze for the most part, but Cynthia gave me quite a bit of trouble. Of course, I'm sure a lot of that was a result of my Pokemon being ten levels under hers on average, but still. :cookie:

My Gyarados did work, and was probably responsible for 3/6 of her Pokemon fainting. I just got the Griseous Orb so I can use Giratina's Origin Form, and now I'm off to the battle frontier :cool2:

I'm trying to figure out what to do with bastard Steelix though. I was going to raise him into a good rock Pokemon, but he ended up being my HM Slave. I want to carry him around for HMs, but I also...don't. Blah.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

i have 7 of 8 gym badges, cant wait to beat volkner and bring across my l100 magmortar, weavile, ludicolo, scizor, jolteon and hippodown

Posted by riolumaster

i got plantinum and its easy.
at least easier than diamond/pearl.

Posted by riolumaster

n

Posted by riolumaster

i already have giratina... yawn.... its easier than diamond and pearl....