Semi-internet malfunction?

Posted by #061402

Okay, so I'm having a quite annoying problem. I noticed it about two days ago, but at that time I thought it was just some signal that was lost along the way in cyberspace. Basically, I can access the internet like this, no problem. (Using MSN, going on VGC and the like) However, I for some reason can not access Guild Wars or play online on my 360. I'm connected to XBL; I'm sure some people saw me online last night, but I can't play online. Says I've lost connection to the XBL server. But that doesn't make any sense since I'm still able to see people log on and whatnot.

It's probably because of my ****ty internet provider, but in case it isn't.. I've tried restarting my router and whatnot, yes I've made sure it's unblocked by my firewall, and I haven't made any changes whatsoever that should've caused it to happen. I'm pretty sure I don't have any viruses or ****; I wiped my computer just some ten days ago due to a bad downloaded file, and I haven't downloaded anything but the vital stuff since.

Posted by Ant

IP conflict perhaps? idk, just throwing that out there.

Posted by #061402

Hm, yeah, that could be it. Though I could get out online earlier today, so I dunno.

Posted by Proto Man

If it was working before and just stopped working, it's probably your internet.

Posted by #061402

Indeed, but I thought it was quite strange that some things worked and other things did not. Turned out to be related to my anti-virus, NOD32, though. Apparently it had a tendency to block the Guild Wars.exe.

It doesn't explain why I couldn't access XBL though. But it's working fine now.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting #061402: Indeed, but I thought it was quite strange that some things worked and other things did not. Turned out to be related to my anti-virus, NOD32, though. Apparently it had a tendency to block the Guild Wars.exe.

It doesn't explain why I couldn't access XBL though. But it's working fine now.

You don't have your XBOX hooked through your PC to get it online do you?

Posted by #061402

No, I don't. Router. The router was working fine though, so yeah.. maybe some maintenance on the servers here or something, I don't know.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting #061402: No, I don't. Router.

Well that would have explained the antivirus thing.... but yeah who knows. Glad to hear it's working for you.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

if you can see people log in or do or see something related to online it's not your end. Whenever Xbox servers go down unexpectedly (like christmas 2 years ago) it doesn't crash for everyone and for some not even completely. If you can't log in at all then it's either your end or MS brought Live down.

Usually anyways. Either way, if it happens to Live again, test your connection through the system blade, see what happens.

Posted by pkt

Just to toss my opinion in it sounds like it was just a problem with the Live servers. It's probably just a coincidence that those two things happened around the same time. Things should work fine now. :D