This is a Mega Man like game I made up.

Posted by punkonjunk1024

It is just made up now this is only a Mega Man like game I made up not a Mega Man (MM) or Mega Man X (MMX) game.

Just read for about 3 minutes then post here or if this is breaking any rules here PM me and explain everything in full detail amayc (as much as you can) please, thank you!!!

Please tell me what order you like the bosses meaning from #8 (the least) to #1 (the most) and explain why even about their names & how cool you think they are even how cool or how stupid or how idiotic their names are if any to you please, thank you!!!

The name of this game is called Thomas's Quest IV after 5 or more replies, I'll give out the weapon get, health, status & other info but right now here are the bosses names:

Molten Mare (A Mare is a type of horse) a robot boss that can make lava come rushing down all over the room in any direction & it takes the characters health down to zero & that character (Thomas, Kara or whomeverelse) will lose all the lives & get a game over but, continues are still usable.

Molten Mare same w/ the rest of the bosses have other attacks but, only one will be explained for each boss until I get 5 or more replies.

Anyways, Tropical Tricetops a boss w/ an attack called 00shootzilla which big drill needles come out and can kill the character in 3 hits but, if he or she hits the middle of the three needles (which only three at a time) all continues are gone & 3 lives are gone!

Laser Dragoon a boss (remember all the bosses are robots) w/ an execptionally unusual & a 1 in a billion chance of happening attack, but if it happens, it is called the DESTRUCTO because it is a bomb th@ self destructs if not destroyed then, all the players lose all their lives & continues oh shit this boss is hard huh?

CO2 Angelfish is a robot w/ an attack that freezes the character & every second they stay frozen, IT TAKES ONE continue away, the attack is called Freeze Wave, OH SHIT THIS BOSS IS ALSO TOUGH!!!

Inferno Grizzly w/ an attack called 4 infernos, it makes four (IV) tornados of infernos.

Statue Swordfish a boss who can mysteriously take your weapons, you energy tanks & OH SHIT NO YOUR CONTINUES!!!

Grass Sponge a boss w/ a wire attack th@ kills in one hit, it is called Cell Phone Fire.

Bubble Octopus a boss w/ an attack th@ is called Bubble Rain which does severe damage!

Posted by Linko_16

[QUOTE=punkonjunk1024]A Mare is a type of horse

A mare is a female horse.

Anyway, this all sounds very good, but I have two general tips. The first regards boss attacks: Stick to the traditional course of only losing one life at a time... maybe two or three lives at a time if you're still really fond of the idea, but let the continues remain safe. You should also keep all attacks dodgable somehow. I commend you, for instance, on coming up with the idea of a boss who may self-destruct, but its not fair to the player if there's not even a slim way out of it.

Secondly, reconsider the name and image of some bosses. If you want to work off the general blueprints of a typical Mega Man game, that's fine, but see what you can do to make the content original. I noticed in particular the three bosses Laser Dragoon, Grass Sponge and Bubble Octopus; even their names are enough to make them sound like direct rip-offs! You can still keep bosses mostly the same if you just revamp their image... why not call him Laser Dragon and make him look significantly different from Magma Dragoon, for example, and in the long run not end up changing him much at all in terms of gameplay?

Posted by TheCopyCat

well i have read this and well i agree all moves must be dodge in a certain way, the one that destroy themselve is a really though one because you never know when maybe destroy it before some time is better and lost the live is well , but fighting maybe the computer make him explode at the first 3 seconds so is a kind of boss for luck , and you dont beat games by luck because thats unfair , second all bosses have special hits that take you a lot of things from you, take continues and more than one live at same time is kind of crazy because you will loose completely the game for 1 mistake , we must let some certain times for mistakes we dont go as fast as the computer to win her in moves, maybe you can do certain moves that are really impossible to dodge but i think that only with the last bosses and they only take as much as 1/4 of life tank but with that you must let to have more than normal tanks like 4 or 5 for this bosses ,take all your items is a good idea but in middle of a battle there must be other way to take them back , make him scattered them in the screen, if its a plataform game the idea must be work still, but if its a rpg game the game is almost set , about the bosses the order you put them i think is almost the same order of difficult except for the one of items , but the difference of power is many the last 4 look naives compared to the others and i agree too about names grass sponge sounds me like bob sponge you dont want to add "grass sponge triangle pants" ???, dragoon sounds me very copied, it's alright female enemys but always give them more agility you must think better the names the only ones that i think are good are : molten mare , tropical triceratops , the ones that need to think a little about name are : CO2 angel fish, statue swordfish, the other 4, 3 have like copied names and the sponge one well i think is a lost case.....

i put you an idea of mine male:

Raiken Wolfare (raiken means soul of thunder or energy, wolfare is a kind of wolf warrior)

- Special Attack : Sneak Curtain- for some seconds all screen black and some thunders come from left to right the only way to dodge it is by paying attention because before the thunder appears you see two things glowing from one of them will come the thunder you must see the way to dodge from both places, and you can only see your character when the thunder is appearing less of half second to move and dodge it. Each thunder gets down 1/8 of the life the enemy throws 16 thunders.

- Hi level Attacks: Thunder Rain- while he is moving several thunders come from above they take about 5% of live each one, but they can hit him if any of them hit him because is in action of pursuing you he will recharge by 5% of his live , but he will be shocked a second so you can give him a damage.

Black Curtain- he will create two thunder walls that cant be dodge when they touch both became shadows and the font gray shadows black so by some seconds the fight continues but only seeing carefully you can continue the fight

- Low Level Attacks: Thunder bite - he throw himeselve and bite with a paralaysing move for just one quarter of second
Rage- launch from distance wave of attack
Gyro- if its near starts to spin and if it hits throw to a wall near

you can learn from him : Thunder Soul - you can make the thunder rain but dont affect the enemy unless the enemy touchs you but you recharge a 2% of live max use 10 times

Thunder Setsuna - makes a slash through the screen letting in the floor some thunder that can make damage plus has the ability of shadow so you over pass the enemy without taking hit, max use 15 times, this attack dosent make a lot of damage only if enemy is weak to thunder attacks

well this is my idea of a robot the percents we are talking about a 100% of life points and that the carachter makes damge of 1% to 2 % by a normal attack