i had eggnog for christmas now i'm just gonna use this thread as a sounding board

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

i usually just torrent my music but someone got me an itunes card for christmas. any music/film/tv recommendations are kosher for me! only stand-out deal i've seen so far is every episode of Batman TAS for

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

ok so i bought heroes by david bowie and now i'm havin this trippy experience playing banjo-kazooie upside down hearin WE COULD BE HEROOOOOOOOOES in the background really loud while i shoot stuff at gruntilda

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

fyi the quiz at the end of nuts and bolts is nowhere near as good as tower of tragedy or furnace fun but it's coupled with a really good challenge so i cant whine too much

prolly goty, not even kidding

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

there's a question that asks WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING RARE GAMES HAS BANJO CAMEO'D IN and one of the options is

[COPYRIGHTED CHARACTER] RACING

heh, well played rareware

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

help me monologue on a vgc where vamp hasnt posted in a week...

Posted by cool gamer dad

Quoting The X: fyi the quiz at the end of nuts and bolts is nowhere near as good as tower of tragedy or furnace fun but it's coupled with a really good challenge so i cant whine too much

prolly goty, not even kidding

**** yes, I love it.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

whenever i find an unorthodox solution to a challenge i just grin for ages, it's fun

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

like the mission where you have to protect the farm's statue from bomber planes, i just stuck the statue to the bottom of my helicopter and flew into the clouds for a couple of minutes just laughing maniacally at my creativity

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

or the trash can mission in banjoland, instead of lifting all the rubbish up i just got a really powerful pushing vehicle, knocked the trashcan down, and then it was p. much a case of just moving the rubbish a couple of feet

heh...

Posted by Ant

buy some comic books on itunes

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

would if i could

i never got all the supplements to secret invasion yet

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

even if you dont read comics that much... read secret invasion

earth is ****ing ENSLAVED by the skrulls, iron man has to rebuild his armor in a cave kinda like the movie, captain america stops using a ****ing USP, thor isnt some nazi-liberal pussy anymore, and then all of a sudden nick fury shows up with this huge anime gun, it OWNS!!!!

evil illuminati is gonna own too, superhuman team with dr doom and namor and everything, whoaly crap lois

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

iron man isnt as cool since extremis and losing his heart problems, makes him kinda uber-human, you need an edge to keep it interesting

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

while i'm here talkin bout comics... batman's death was pretty ****ty in #527... getting shot by his dad is a ****ty way to go

this had better be retconned fast as hell, though dick grayson as batman is pretty badass because he isnt as much of an ******* as bruce

Posted by Ant

that all sounds really stupid.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

i'm gonna find the pic and show you that it owns

Posted by cool gamer dad

Quoting The X: like the mission where you have to protect the farm's statue from bomber planes, i just stuck the statue to the bottom of my helicopter and flew into the clouds for a couple of minutes just laughing maniacally at my creativity

dude, those challenges were awesome. the statue challenge I just took the statue and hid in the volcano lol.

the trash can one, I build a giant staircase car and just hopped up the stairs and threw everything in. didn't know you could knoci it over though, woah.

then for the one where you have to suck up the coconuts that were on that elevated area for points, i rammed my plane into the vacuum and brought it over to the coconuts. ez.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[IMG]http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f6/wombacomics/Secret_Invasion_03.jpg[/IMG]

i was gonna go d/l all the series again and cap the best pics

but this is the most ownage one i could find online

Posted by Ant

that's probably the gayest thing I've ever seen

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

LOOK at that ****ing dr strange/blackbolt/professor x/mr fantastic/iron man amalgam skrull... pure art

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

not as gay as anime

*webshoots outta this thread through an early 90s CGI new york to aerosmith*

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=cats;915112]dude, those challenges were awesome. the statue challenge I just took the statue and hid in the volcano lol.

the trash can one, I build a giant staircase car and just hopped up the stairs and threw everything in. didn't know you could knoci it over though, woah.

then for the one where you have to suck up the coconuts that were on that elevated area for points, i rammed my plane into the vacuum and brought it over to the coconuts. ez.in the hurdles challenge at the jiggoseum, i just built a plane and flew over them. it ****ing owned. you needed to complete the course in <2:00 to get a TT trophy, i beat it in 00:40something, it was awesome

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

where are my itunes recommendations

i've spent

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

it's kinda depressing how much rare hate the gaming industry, you can tell in the game's dialogue they hold the entire industry in contempt

i guess it's an english thing, like speedfreak

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

the part in logbox 720 where they give you the red ring symptoms as part of a challenge owned, i was actually scuttling over to my 360 in panic

Posted by Ant

I want this game now :(

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

it owns, mainly because there's nothing like it out there

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

you just smile at all the nostalgia and ****, banjoland is awesome and then when you get to go back to spiral mountain and explore a next-gen replica of it, it's ****in sweet

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

the music is first class too:

[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwRRXeAgZaA[/URL]

[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcLZN3ZX_2k[/URL]

[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6ZNlcF4cj8[/URL]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmdGLbhij_E

[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Gpi_ClzLfQ[/URL]

every single gameworld's theme has a remix of an old banjo song in it somewhere, which is a good thing cause old banjo kazooie music was 10/10, the last one sounds gay as heck until you realize what it's a remix of

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

basically what i'm saying is that a game about a failed bear and bird duo from a decade ago that has nothing to do with their old games has beaten a bunch of overhyped new IPs and other reboots to become goatee

Posted by Dexter

Magnolia is an excellent film.

Posted by Linko_16

Sounding is when you stick things in your urethra.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I might d/l Persepolis now that I remember

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

When I listen to drone really loud my Vault Boy bobble head shakes his head really fast like he'd headbanging.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

my vault boy bobblehead is still in my car and every time i give someone a lift i have to come up with a made up explanation to who he is because nobody understands he's a fictional mascot for a fictional corporation within a video game that came as a free gift when you spend

why not say he's from a video game? does your hobby embarrass you?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

my grandpa doesn't know what a video game is

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

'hey grandpa where am i taking you'
'the store'
'what store'
'ohhh err... any one...'
*10 minutes later*
'THIS ISNT THE RIGHT STORE!!!!!'

my grandpa would be like "****ing chinks run this store"

but he's dead

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

my grandpa is racist against all cultures and when you call him out on it he's all like 'well uhhhhh the propaganda during the war... made me...'

mine was pretty straight up about it. which was made even better when he got too old to do anything and my aunt hired help for him... that turned out to be black maids.

man, those were some good years. it was only funny because the woman was really cool about it.