Worth the cash?

Posted by Apathetic

Ive been thinking about getting a 360, and since I have no money, I want to make sure my investments are solid. So tell me, is 360 worth it? Everybody I know has one and I play Halo 3 with friends quite a bit so its not like Im missing it completely. Some games have caught my eye though, besides halo, like Prince of Persia. Left 4 dead looks good, but multiplayer seems better, which I can get for pc if I want to. Final Fantasy and Tales of Vesperia dont seem bad either. Perfect Dark didnt seem to bad on 2 player either. From the games Ive listed, would it be worth it? Or are there others I should buy it for, or just avoid it completely and just play halo 3 at friends houses. Thanks.

Posted by Dexter

You don't need all those games if you're short on money. If you're a gamer, you should definitely get the system along with some online games. Halo 3 is good if you enjoy it and your friends still play. I don't recommend Perfect Dark or Left 4 Dead. They're both not that great. Better spent on Call of Duty or Tales of Vesperia.

Posted by pokemon2905

yeh its worth it gears 2, halo 3, fallout 3 and soon 2 b resident evil 5.

Posted by #061402

If you get Perfect Dark, you'll regret it. At least if you played the first game. Probably will either way. But, eh. If you have a lot of friends who play, I'm sure you'll find a lot of fun with it. If you don't have much time on your hands, I'd suggest sticking to your PC.

Posted by Apathetic

Is prince of persia good?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

xbox 360 is probably the best value-for-money console ever, not even being a fanboy here. it owns.

prince of persia is great but dont buy it at full price. i dont know about america, but almost everywhere over here is selling it half-off already. definitely worth it at $30/$40, but sixty is kinda steep for a week's worth of gameplay

Posted by Apathetic

And Im not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I dont have to worry about next gen consoles coming out soon, do I? I'm a little rusty on my general knowledge these days. Also on another note, I wasnt thinking about live, is it still good without it?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

this gen seems to be going on for a while yet, PS3 is supposed to last till something like 2012

not sure about the 360, but i cant imagine anything coming in the next 2 - 3 years

Posted by #061402

Quoting Apathetic: And Im not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I dont have to worry about next gen consoles coming out soon, do I? I'm a little rusty on my general knowledge these days. Also on another note, I wasnt thinking about live, is it still good without it?

Most games require Live to play online, so if you had that in mind, yes, I'd definitely recommend getting Live as a precaution.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

even having a silver account is a pretty big boon

Posted by #061402

Isn't that pretty much required, though?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

my brother doesnt even have silver and every time he uses the 360 i just throw my hands up and make this 'pfffffffffffshaaaaaaaaaaawww' noise

Posted by #061402

Huh, thought you needed it. Gears 2 won't let Exo play unless he signs in.

Posted by Apathetic

Alright just one more, the elite isnt really necessary unless I have like ****in 1080p and HD tv's, right? Which I dont, or will it actually make the games look even better?

Posted by #061402

I bought my Elite for the space.. which I definitely don't need.

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting The X: this gen seems to be going on for a while yet, PS3 is supposed to last till something like 2012

not sure about the 360, but i cant imagine anything coming in the next 2 - 3 years
I just heard directly from a microsoft rep that the new xbox is slated for 2010 if I remember right. He either said that or 2011.

Posted by Axis

Out of any of the new consoles, then yes it's definitely worth the money.

Posted by cool gamer dad

is this guy serious?

is the 360 worth it?!

yes. list of games you pretty much have to get:

CoD 4 & 5
Fallout 3
Mass Effect
Bioshock
Banjo Kazooie

the essentials. the rest is up to you (not really).

get what we get. we know what's best pretty much.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

and R6V2.

Posted by cool gamer dad

I'd say Rainbow because the multiplayer is hella ballin' but none of us play it anymore. :(

And the single player is pretty silly!

Posted by Apathetic

I came home with a bundle and Halo 3. So anyways, I need to activate live sometime. Ill have to keep track of what games are going through to stay with you guys. Thanks for the help, :D.

Posted by misogenie

Small jobs like putting the local newspaper or advertising leaflets in letterboxes can get you that console in a few months if you put away $40 a week. I like the wireless control pad because if the phone rings you don't accidentally pull and drag the console out of the TV cabinet. I use 4 rechargeable batteries instead of 2 so that you carry on playing with 2 recharged ones while recharging the 2 used ones as soon as possible - don't procrastinate. I have been using four rechargeable alkaline batteries for 3 years and they are still undisappointing and strong.
I always stay positive and don't steal money and stuff because playing the console keeps you respecting the law and I'm sure if you tell your parents, they would know that playing the Xbox360 is like reading the holy bible.
Right now I am playing Command and Conquer Kane's Wrath. Kane's Challenge I found is more fun and challenging than the other single player campaign.

[IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/60/Xbox_360.jpg/367px-Xbox_360.jpg[/IMG]:cool:;)