Taking apart an optical mouse

Posted by Lanikm

So I was googling for something like this and I came apart a thread on this forum so I decided to make an account to post because I have an issue with my mouse. The fact that it's optical has nothing to do with my issue it's just coincidence. My right click has become EXTREMELY hard to push down. When people try to use my mouse, they need to almost muster up the strength to push it down because they don't expect the amount of resistance it gives. It's an LX3 logitech and the left click and mwheel works just fine. I've tried cleaning out the sides but I don't think that has anything to do with it. It's seriously effecting my gaming. When I play dota, i usually have my index finger half on top of my middle finger to help with the difficulty of pushing the button. SO, I am wondering, when I take apart my mouse, am I gonna completely **** it up? Any tips to what I should do or if anyones had a similar issue before? Mind you, buying a new mouse is the last thing I want to do right now seeing as I barely have $$$ for groceries so in b4 that please.

Posted by pkt

Well first thing you want to do is locate the main screw which is usually on the bottom of the mouse and sometimes covered with a label or sticker. Once inside try plugging it up and testing the button that way. If it responds well to that then it's probably just a mechanical problem like the lever that rests on the button became loose or off track. If it doesn't respond to that then it might be more complicated, I could go into details but instead I'll offer an easier solution. Hook up an older PS/2 [generic old school with the end shaped like a circle] mouse and use the right mouse button from that one.

Posted by final kaoss

Go ahead then. :D

Quoting pkt: I could go into details

Posted by Trigger

Buy a new mouse. Seriously, they're cheap.