Awesome Hacking Story

Posted by NegativeTrend

http://www.jellyslab.com/~bteo/hacker.htm
:)

Posted by Poco

Increase your vocabulary, please.

- Hyper

Posted by Trigger

What style. The most entertaining "hacker" story I've read in quite some time; nice find.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Heh, saw your post at GO. Again, excellent story.

Posted by Darkelf

I laughed so hard I peed myself.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

rofl dumptruck

Posted by mis0

You'd think he'd catch onto the 127.0.0.1 thing after a while.

Posted by Trigger

Quoting Misoxeny: You'd think he'd catch onto the 127.0.0.1 thing after a while.

If he was stupid enough to threaten to do something he obviously couldn't do, and then lie that his "computer crashed" when he stupidly inputted his own address in, why would he be smart enough to catch on?

Posted by loony636

What he was inputting was a LOCAL ip address. He needed to input the PUBLIC ip address of the guy he was trying to attack. When he typed in the ip address, he was attacking his own computer.

Posted by Trigger

[quote=loony636]What he was inputting was a LOCAL ip address. He needed to input the PUBLIC ip address of the guy he was trying to attack. When he typed in the ip address, he was attacking his own computer.
Thank you, Captain Obvious.

Posted by loony636

That's why I'm here.

Posted by Osic

Quoting Trigger: Thank you, Captain Obvious.

****, you beat me to it.

But seriously, ROLF. Do you think he was realy deleating his own stuff or was he just saying it. I dont think he could deleate 30% of his C: with it still running windows and and his hacking tool and IRC.

Posted by Trigger

No, I very much doubt that user was doing anything they claimed to be doing. Perhaps kicking themselves out by inputting their own IP, but I would say that's as far as their "1337 h4kz0r sk1llz" took them.

Posted by Bebop

That was very good