Hey Guys

Posted by Linko_16

What's going on, exactly?

Posted by Stalolin

Our dear friend netman put a thread in every main board. On top of that he (or Jesse) seems to have locked down the forum.

That's about all I know.

Posted by Linko_16

Yeah, that much I get. Willis pointed out to me over AIM that his rep is disappearing, therefore posts are being deleted. Just want to know exactly what action is being taken right now, since Klarth spamming doesn't seem like a huge reason to put the forum on lockdown, especially when he clearly finished what he was doing anyway with the "THANK YOU GOOD NIGHT" thing.

Posted by S

http://vgchat.com/showthread.php?p=764600#post764600

A ton of threads here. VGC Council blog all taken from other places.

Posted by Jesse Smith

[code]52835 Iris 16:32, 17th Dec 2008 Thread Removed Thread: [Your favorite Sonic character?]
52836 Iris 16:32, 17th Dec 2008 Thread Removed Thread: [World of Warcraft]
52837 Iris 16:32, 17th Dec 2008 Thread Removed Thread: [Rate the Above Avatar]
52838 Iris 16:32, 17th Dec 2008 Thread Removed Thread: [Does anybody remember the SEGA?]
52839 Iris 16:32, 17th Dec 2008 Thread Removed Thread: [Death of Pokemon]
52840 Iris 16:32, 17th Dec 2008 Thread Removed Thread: [Whats your N64 collection?]
52841 Iris 16:32, 17th Dec 2008 Thread Removed Thread: [www.washingtontalk.org?]
52842 Iris 16:32, 17th Dec 2008 Thread Removed Thread: [What country do you live in??]
52843 Iris 16:32, 17th Dec 2008 Thread Removed Thread: [Exercise]
52844 Iris 16:32, 17th Dec 2008 Thread Removed Thread: [Song in your head at the moment.]
[/code]

I de-moded him and changed his password, though it won't do very much good right now.

Yesterday I was actually looking in to upgrading the forums. aka...don't bother doing very much posting. I'll use a back-up and upgrade soon!!!

And I'll be looking in to making it so threads can't be hard deleted/mass moved, even it it means making Super Mods mods of all the forums.

Posted by S

When was the last back-up?

And for the love of ***, please don't take away my power to full-delete. I HATE soft deletes in the Sim forum ;_;

Posted by Linko_16

So, someone got hacked Iris? Bummer. Good save, Jesse.

Posted by Stalolin

Also, is the forum really slow for you guys right now? Or is that Jesse trying to fix everything?

Posted by Alastor

Well, everything's slow for me lately, so I can't say.

I found this strange, though.

http://www.vgchat.com/member.php?u=141

[quote]Alastor, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I can't access Klarth's page? What?

Posted by Jesse Smith

Klarth was changed to a COPPA user, hince even he couldn't access his profile.

If I find a way to not allow mass move/deletes than I won't take away hard-delete. I hate soft delete myself.

Oh, and hidden forums will go bye-bye!! No more VGC Council!!!!

Posted by Linko_16

Klarth's asking if I can unban him until the new VGC is up so he can run riot for the lulz. DO I DO IT?

Posted by Stalolin

no, he'll just break that too

Posted by Jesse Smith

grrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nooooooooo!!!! er, and I also changed his email address and password, so how is he even loged in!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Linko_16

Lol now he's asking me to find out what his e-mail is so he can get back on.

Posted by Ant

I really don't get this kind of mindset. But what do I know.

Posted by maian

oh hey the boards are back lol

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

So in a way, good technically came from all of this because we got a board upgrade? Huh, thanks, iris!

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: So in a way, good technically came from all of this because we got a board upgrade? Huh, thanks, iris!

grrrr!!!!!!!!!! :D

Posted by Stalolin

Are we going to need a super mod to replace Iris or do you think we can manage with the number we've got now?

Posted by Alastor

Well, Iris DID do a lot of banning and deleting, and considering that (to my knowledge) Dexter never does anything, we've only got... What, 4 or 5 super mods?

Posted by Dexter

I do my part. I'll admit I'm not very trigger happy, but I definitely remove a lot of garbage when it occurs. I'm fairly relaxed and unrestrictive with my super mod authority.

The forums really don't need much moderation. Seldomly do we find ourselves overcome with spam these days. We just don't seem as busy as we once were. This place is looking satisfactory these days and I don't hear many complaints about a lack of moderation.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Dexter: The forums really don't need much moderation.

Case in point: Da only reported post in da last month...is one post by Junior!!! It's all infractions!!!

Posted by Alastor

Ah, well, like I said, "to my knowledge." I can't tell when you delete stuff.

Posted by Linko_16

We can probably just let it be for now, and if we ever feel in the future like more staff is necessary then we'll worry about it then.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Linko_16: We can probably just let it be for now.

aka...we don't want any one messing with our turf!!! :D:D:D:D

Posted by Dexter

The more super mods we have the more moderation drama we seem to have. They seem to do more harm than good so keeping them lower than higher seems like a bright idea.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Drama is good!!!! :D Though I just disabled the mass-pruning and mass-moving threads.

Posted by Dexter

Bring back the xbox leaderboards!

Posted by Alastor

Yeah, reinstall the Xbox Live thing if you can.

Posted by Ant

how do I check quicklinks? still, it'd be better on the front rather that that stupid ****ing dragon knight bull**** that no one gives two ****s about.