Post-punk

Posted by Omni

Aside from the most well known bands like Joy Division, The Cure and Killing Joke, I've gotten into lots of cool stuff lately like Sad Lovers and Giants, The Chameleons and later Swans. Does anyone else know some other more obscure bands that I might be interested in?

Posted by s0ul

Check Echo and the Bunnymen out. Stat!

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Speaking of Joy Division, sure are a lot of movies about them as of late. Watched "Control" and "Joy Division" on TV last night. Recent anniversary or something?

Posted by Omni

30 years since Unknown Pleasures came out, yet people are still being influenced by it.

Posted by Richaod

I've been meaning to get into Siouxsie and the Banshees... I find the idea of female-fronted goth/post-punk intriguing.

Must reinforce that 90% of the indie post-punk revival scene is crap though.

Posted by s0ul

It got ****ty when it turned into Britpop2, and then post-punk revival became synonymous with garage rock which became synonymous with indie rock and now the term is completely meaningless.

lol scenes

Posted by Omni

That's why I only use the definition that isn't crap.

Posted by s0ul

That's why I tell you to listen to Echo and the Bunnymen. :cool2:

Posted by Omni

This Heat is pretty awesome. I also plan to check out Suicide, since Michael Gira said they were his heroes early on in his musical career.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I actually have their first album and a couple others on my old hard drive now that you remind me. Should definitely look into them.