Classic PC game recommendations

Posted by Ferry

Hiyas, I was thinking it'd be fun to recommend each other timeless games that every PC gamers should have played once. But they have to be games you think are still fun to play right now.

I'll start with these: Grim Fandango (point and click), Outcast (adventure), and Command & Conquer*(RTS).

* You get can this freeware game off Fileplanet.com I believe. The others you can get for cheap off Ebay.com.

What do you recommend?

Posted by Zeta

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Must_Fall_2097]OMF is in the house.[/url]

Posted by #061402

Diablo, C&C Tiberian Sun and Age of Mythology/Empires.

Only ones I could think of at the moment.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Fallout series.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Dark Reign: A great RTS, and has one hell of an editor to play with.

7th Guest: One of those oldfashion story games that's packed with mini games and puzzles. Pre rendered 3D environments! Hell yah! lol that aside, it's still neat. If you get stuck anywhere, you can just watch how to solve everything on Youtube. The whole game is on there.

Casear III: One of the best city building games besides SimCity

Baldur's Gate II: A D&D engined game that's one of many of Bioware's great achievments.

Stronghold: A game that's a combination between RTS and Sandbox. First, build and maintain a food supply (huts aswell), then build a castle, and then create soliders to defend everything you build. Very fun. Arrows never looked so cool while flying through the air. I personally really enjoy the game's Free Build option.

Anachronox: One of the most infamous 3rd person RPGs ever made for computer. It was rated pretty bad back in the day because of its bugs, but that's not a problem anymore thanks to fan patches.

Other mentions I can just list off the top of my head:
Theif, Theme Park, Roller Coaster Tycoon, Quake, Doom, Diablo, Civilization III, Medieval Total War, Warlords BattleCry, Starcraft, Age of Empires II, Magic Candle III, Lords of Magic...exc

Posted by Ant

Civilization II

Best Empire building gaem out there. I was too simple, while III and IV I think take it a bit too far.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Also, the old point and click Lucas Arts games (Full Throttle, Grim Fandango [like mentioned], Maniac Mansion, etc...).

Posted by Sterling

Pajama Sam.
:'}

Posted by WillisGreeny

[quote=Ant;914457]Civilization II

Best Empire building gaem out there. I was too simple, while III and IV I think take it a bit too far.

Civ IV took it too far, but Civ III was still balanced.

Posted by ☆Ezhno☆

Prince of Persia, the really old one. Save the princess in 60 minutes!

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Baldur's Gate.

Posted by syndrome

Counter Strike 1.6.

I don't care what anyone else says, it's a really fun game.

Posted by ElectricBoogie

yea Sapphire was right the old school lucas art games were great! I especially loved Full Throttle! (I wish they would have went through with the sequel)

Posted by Proto Man

Descent
Sim Tower
Sim Farm
Oregon Trail
Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego
Pirates! Gold

Posted by WillisGreeny

Those fukken elevators in Sim Town.. GRRRR

Posted by ElectricBoogie

I thought of another timeless PC game too thats really great, Psychonauts!