Greece is silly

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/europe/12/07/greece.riots/index.html

so apparently it's wrong for a police officer to defend himself when someone is throwing a bomb at him?

Posted by #061402

The same applies to a lot of places in Europe. Ridiculous indeed.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

hurfff durff mah name is beejay blahskowitz, ev'ryplace othern' tha south sure is gay as heck, y'hear

Posted by Lord of Spam

i love how it seems like criminals can get away with anything, but honest citizens have no rights.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

Quoting The X: hurfff durff mah name is beejay blahskowitz, ev'ryplace othern' tha south sure is gay as heck, y'hear

Yeah, it's not like I spent a month in Athens or anything. WTF do I know.

LoS:
Yeah, and everywhere I've checked, Molotov Cocktails and makeshift firebombs do qualify as warranting "deadly force". The rule in the USA is deadly force is warranted if the person fears of a danger of grave bodily harm and/or death. I wouldn't be ****ed about the riots, because, well, Athens is a sh*thole of a town and the youth are all uppity with revolution and fight-the-man and whatnot (even though there's no need for that anymore), but I'm bothered by the fact that the officer was arrested for a malicious murder or whatever. I would've popped the kid too. You don't throw firebombs at armed police unless you're an idiot. I think this is a matter of the city government going against reason for the sake of trying to cull rioting, but in the end they rioted anyways, because there's nothing else to do in Athens, really.

Posted by Speedfreak

I'd eat a lot of olives and feta.

Posted by junior senior

bless your farts.

Posted by Iris

[quote=Speedfreak;911339]I'd eat a lot of olives and feta.

Seasoned with oregano, right?

Posted by Ferry

Just saw this on the news and I think it's great the police men who were being attacked defended themselves with lethal force. Apparently Greece "hooligans" took this up to mean they could riot and start fires in stores all over Greece. :(

Posted by #061402

The common view is that policemen are defenders of the law, not themselves.

That and the democratic system is getting slowly ****ed over by liberal morals.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

Quoting #061402: The common view is that policemen are defenders of the law, not themselves.

That and the democratic system is getting slowly ****ed over by liberal morals.

doesn't matter. The general rule of "self defense" is that one has the right to counter deadly force (serious bodily injury or death) with deadly force (the same thing). The fact that he was a policeman was irrelevant.

Apparently it's a bunch of Greek youths who claim they're anarchists who instigated most of the riots. Which makes sense, in its stupidity.

Posted by Ferry

Quoting Bj Blaskowitz: Apparently it's a bunch of Greek youths who claim they're anarchists who instigated most of the riots. Which makes sense, in its stupidity.

Yeah, it's not their fault... it's in their name! :-P

Posted by #061402

Quoting Bj Blaskowitz: doesn't matter. The general rule of "self defense" is that one has the right to counter deadly force (serious bodily injury or death) with deadly force (the same thing). The fact that he was a policeman was irrelevant.

Apparently it's a bunch of Greek youths who claim they're anarchists who instigated most of the riots. Which makes sense, in its stupidity.

I wasn't saying it was right, just that it's the common view on things around Europe.

Posted by WillisGreeny

and Europeans wonder why American's don't give a **** about them. That stuff's crazy!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Iron Koala;911405]and Europeans wonder why American's don't give a **** about them. That stuff's crazy!them yoorupeens be riotin', us civil folks aint want nuttin' do wit dat!

new orleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeans wassup

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

and the LA riots, almost forgot about them heh

Posted by WillisGreeny

and the blacks matter becaaaaaaause?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

what's with all those countries across the ocean and rioting? Calm down, jeez.

I mean, take a page from our book. We basically have no government right now because three parties teamed up and tried to throw the PM out of office and we're all just like "no one cares. do whatever you want as long as there's not another election"

less rioting that way.