- STABBIN BANZAIS OWN
- PLAYIN CO-OP. YEAH. IT OWN.
- THE SOUNDTRACKS OWN
- ALSATIONS OWN
- GIBS OWN
- AIRSTRIKES OWN

*crawls in stalingrad for 10 mins then snipes this thread*

Posted by Klarth

i should pirate this and play the stalingrad bits and see if i can say hi to my uncle. that would be the business.

Posted by Klarth

by say hi i probably mean "shoot" unless this one finally lets you be the germans.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

its honestly pretty good, the story is less cohesive than COD4 but ******* the russian missions have some fantastic setup

executing unarmed german prisoners == EDGY

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

If I don't end up getting this for christmas I guess I'll buy it. Maybe.

Posted by WillisGreeny

[quote=The X;911153]
executing unarmed german prisoners == EDGY

I can finally live out my fantasy of killing dirty krouts!!!

DIE KROUT! you nazi bastards

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

willisgreeny, out you go

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

its kraut not krout anyway, didnt they teach you that in nippon school

japan were an axis power after all

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

so anyway my multiplayer thoughts

- the maps are kinda cluttered with useless objects but they have p. good design, any level with secret pathways is good in my book
- i get owned by tanks a lot, wth dont they die after two bazooka shots and a perfectly cooked grenade idk
- bouncing bettys are even more annoyin than claymores, jesus christ
- the announcers arent as cool as the ones in COD4, or maybe i'm just not used to no gaz (semper gaz)
- my dogs and artillery never kill **** but its ownage as **** to shoot people while they tryin to deal with dogs
- co-op owns
- why does nobody ever use flamethrowers, seems like it would be p. ownage
- trench guns own
- so does MP40 silenced, i'm a farkin ninja, peace

Posted by WillisGreeny

[quote=The X;911493]its kraut not krout

Not when you've hated them aslong as I have!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

ching chong fu[COLOR=Silver]ck[/COLOR] you

Posted by WillisGreeny

Oh you!!!!!

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post:
- the maps are kinda cluttered with useless objects but they have p. good design, any level with secret pathways is good in my book
- i get owned by tanks a lot, wth dont they die after two bazooka shots and a perfectly cooked grenade idk
- bouncing bettys are even more annoyin than claymores, jesus christ
- the announcers arent as cool as the ones in COD4, or maybe i'm just not used to no gaz (semper gaz)
- my dogs and artillery never kill **** but its ownage as **** to shoot people while they tryin to deal with dogs
- co-op owns
- why does nobody ever use flamethrowers, seems like it would be p. ownage
- trench guns own
- so does MP40 silenced, i'm a farkin ninja, peace

Learn to use satchels. Toss one on the ground, wait for tank to drive over, instant kill. Only thing that will take out a tank in one hit.

Artilleries rarely kill anything. Dogs should be ****ing **** up though, unless it's a huge map.

Don't play hardcore or objective games. Only way to avoid betties. Though after awhile you'll start noticing the gold sticking out of the ground. I rarely get killed by them now that I'm used to them.

Flamethrowers are the last thing you unlock. Most people don't have them. Though I use mine. Tears **** up.

Trench gun sucks. Unlock the double-barrel and use sleight of hand.

MP40 is technically the best gun in the game.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

treyarch are resetting people's ranks for going under the map, wow

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

veteran in this game... wow. just wow.

Posted by WillisGreeny

wow meaning Treyarch is taking that **** waaay too serious

or

wow as in I can't believe people are cheating for a higher rank.

or

Willis doesn't know what this game is at all.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

wow meaning 'wow jesus ****ing christ willis get out of this thread'

Posted by WillisGreeny

:***Koala Tears***(

Quoted post: wow meaning Treyarch is taking that **** waaay too serious

or

wow as in I can't believe people are cheating for a higher rank.

or

Willis doesn't know what this game is at all.

wow as in they don't know how to make veteran. They screwed up CoD3's and they almost got this one right. But it's what made IW's veteran's hard Treyarch took that and made it slightly broken. IW's AI would throw grenades at you to keep you moving. Treyarch's AI throws grenades at you for no reason. So you'll be walking along and see four grenades land in front of you, turn around and suddenly there's another four grenades. There's no where you can go, so you're ****ed. This happens a lot.

Quoted post: treyarch are resetting people's ranks for going under the map, wow

Nope. Likely a coincidence unless there's official words. I went under Downfall a whole lot and occasionally go underneath Castle, same with a bunch of people I know. Nothing happens.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

42 zeros destroyed... fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

That was ridiculously easy. got it on my second attempt. If you don't have a good 20-25 before you reach the water, give up. And for the part before you land just ****ing go nuts. Dont even bother being precise. Worked for me, now I can get over 50 easy every time.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

that mission was pretty great

Posted by Klarth

so a friend of my bro's came round with call of duty not 5

it's actually pretty great

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

you're **** ****ing right it is

Posted by Klarth

still waiting on a game that has a properly beautiful enemy-at-the-gates-like stalingrad sequence, though

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=netman;912093]still waiting on a game that has a properly beautiful enemy-at-the-gates-like stalingrad sequence, thoughCOD2's campaign was a lot more gates-esque, right down to the climbing through oil pipes

Posted by Klarth

holy **** the ray gun is powerful.

Posted by Ant

REALISTIC SHOOTAN ACTION

idk, the russian level had enough blatant enemy at the gates to work pretty good.

plus, shooting eight people with five bullets was a pretty rad achievement.

Posted by Klarth

still working on that one. am i allowed to stab dog or must i shoot

It's really easy to get. Where you first start shooting, move over to the left to a crack in the wall. Nazi will bend down and inspect body. His *** will line up with the head of the dog. Shoot, both die.

Or you can just shoot the guy and stab the dog. But the former is way easier.

oh, good luck assassinating the dude with a pistol. got the purple heart achievement trying to get it. ridiculous

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

you have to stab the dog before you shoot the last guy otherwise you auto-reload

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

the kamikaze achievement was fun to get, i never realized you move so fast with a pistol

Quoted post: you have to stab the dog before you shoot the last guy otherwise you auto-reload

Which is why it's way easier just to shoot both when they're not looking.

Quoted post: i never realized you move so fast with a pistol

It's in all CoD games. Pull out the pistol and you run as fast as you would without any other guns bogging you down. Back in CoD2 that's how you sprinted, switch to the pistol.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

what are some easy veteran missions? so far i did:

- little resistance
- hard landing
- black cats
- blood and iron

not gonna bother with the whole campaign because grenades are ridiculous, but i want to do enough to get 500 or 600/1000

I made it to Relentless before I just said "**** this ****ing game FUUUUUUUUUCK." Seriously, I couldn't even get past the first past and I had just beaten Burn 'Em Out so I was in no mood to get dicked around.

So I'd just suggest everything before Relentless. Semper Fi, Their Land, Vendetta and so on.

And yeah, no point in trying to complete it. Heart of the Reich, the one where you storm up the stairs into the main german building, is seemingly impossible. I tried it after I heard so much *****ing and now I see why. Every time I stopped to get my health back no less than ten grenades would land around me. No exaggeration. You can't move or do anything because you'll get blown up or shot. Retarded.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

it's a shame, because veteran in COD2 and COD4 was actually pretty fun and satisfying

Yeah... they really don't know how to make a veteran mode. I never once got frustrated during CoD2 or 4, but it was still one hell of a challenge. And really, that's pretty ****ing impressive if you can make something hard and fun to do. I mean, clearly anyone can make something frustratingly hard to the point where it isn't fair at all. And that **** just makes me rage.

I mean, who plays games to get mad?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

i still chuckle when i remember the silo

'HOLY ****, I BEAT ALL THE MORTAR CREWS, ****ING FINALLY'
'get down the ladder soldier!'
'OKAY!!'
*woosh*
WAR QUOTE

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

world at war doesnt have quotes :(

Ladder killed me a couple times in regular, so I learned my lesson. But ****, Silo was an awesome mission. Same with the one where you have to defend that little house. The Tiger I think?

and yeah, noticed the lack of war quotes. Thought that was pretty ****ed up originally.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

MACGREGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR!

gaz of cod2.

sutherland and oldman just couldn't live up to IW characters.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

i still have to beat cod4 on veteran. ****

easy stuff

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

only level i had trouble with was fighting in the war room and that's only because i waaaaay over-estimated my timelimit

easy stuff as long as you know the checkpoints. it's just that last silo section that can be a *****. but also easy once you go prone

Posted by Ant

hey guys I ended up getting cod5 for christmas lol

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

w00t, ant owns