Prince of Persia

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[URL]http://www.gametrailers.com/player/43263.html[/URL]

sounds kinda lame. You can't die, and there's only one way to get through the levels? gaaaaaaay

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Gametrailers dude clearly said the whole saving mechanic is just a hidden checkpoint system. Also, there's multiple ways through a level, as has been shown time and time again, so idk.

Need a new game anyways. Probably gonna pick it up soon.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

GAMETRAILERS DUDE SOUNDED APATEHTIC

... does this mean i should sound apathetic too?

what was the score? 8.7 or something? Pretty great score if you ask me. I think the dude's just tired as hell of reviewing games. Like, two new reviews per day.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

will prolly get it after WaW

Good idea. Probably getting it for christmas now that I think of it. Would be a good time to bust out Fallout 3.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

WHY HAVENT YOU STARTED IT YET

jesus, i thought you'd be fappin hard to gunblivion

Waiting for a time when no games were coming out so I wouldn't get distracted. Now would be that time.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

it took me two weeks or so to beat most of the achievement-earning sidequests and the main plot then i spent like a month exploring. owns.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

wait, the game only came out 5 weeks ago

that's impossible

I've pretty much played the entire game, just out of order. So I know what to expect.

Posted by Shade

Hey guys what should I get for christmas, WaW or this?

Depends what you like more. Shooter or platformer? The former I've put about 48 hours into and the latter will last about 12 hours (more if you look for all the orbs.) So it totally depends what you prefer and how much you value your money.

Anyways, just got back from picking it up. Plan to play it later tonight.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

IS IT GOOD

I am enjoying it immensely. Though I picked the princess skin from SoT and lol'd/fapped over the crazy amount of panties the game shows. I don't remember what **** in the Sands series.

But yeah, great game. I have absolutely no complaints yet. The whole "***** saves you mechanic" really is just a hidden checkpoint system. Except the checkpoints are every solid platform you land on. So it's a good balance of "hey I died" and "hey, I'm not getting frustrated!"

I mean, there's an achievement for getting saved less than 100 times, and I'm already somewhere around 70 deaths. Normally I would be slightly frustrated and would've long ago given up trying to get light seeds, but I haven't! So yeah, well handled.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

okay, it has the vamp approval

vamp + gametrailers guy = my sixty bux

GT guy was raging over some stupid **** now that I've played it. The game doesn't really play itself and he was all "I CAN'T SEE ****" when you can see just fine. Probably didn't go to the options and turn up the brightness. noob

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

b... but... he's... INFALLIBLE

pretty sure he just needed stuff to ***** about. I mean, if you're comparing this game to Sands, then it sorta plays itself in the sense that it tells you when you need to double jump and you don't have to load your jumps. Otherwise, you still gotta press B, A, Y, RT all at the right time. Plays itself less than Jade's Game did actually.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

farkin sold, i love prince

Posted by IPwnN00bs117

it'll be good i have faith.

Do you live a week in the past?

Posted by IPwnN00bs117

no why?

Because it came out this week and reviews have been in for awhile now.

Posted by IPwnN00bs117

no i know, i haven't played it still. so i am yet to discover if it'll be good, because a lot of times the game is much better than the reviews make it out to be.

Posted by IPwnN00bs117

hell no, i'm not even gonna bother seeing that

Posted by Bev Kervin

Quoting IPwnN00bs117: no i know, i haven't played it still. so i am yet to discover if it'll be good, because a lot of times the game is much better than the reviews make it out to be.

it is better idea to play now just try.. I plaid it befour.. it is true I have spending more time in review games.. so it should be better to play...

Posted by maian

Looks good to me. Also, IGN's 9.3 review score doesn't hurt. If I can scrounge up some money among all the gift money I'm spending, I'm totally buying.

Posted by IPwnN00bs117

Quoting Bev Kervin: it is better idea to play now just try.. I plaid it befour.. it is true I have spending more time in review games.. so it should be better to play...

...what?

Quoted post: IGN's 9.3 review score doesn't hurt.

Over scored. Gametrailers' is spot-on. semper gametrailer dude

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

all the 'GAMES ARE ART' cocksuckers overscored it

It's a very beautiful game and I don't blame them for scoring it highly because of that. The animations are ****ing gorgeous, especially when the Prince and Elika switch places on a cliff-side or beam.

Anyways, beat the game. Ending was pretty ****ed up. Effective though, mainly because you don't usually see a story end that way.

I'll spoil it if anyone wants to know.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

tell us

Prince fights the man bad dude to try and imprison him. It works. Elika kills herself to transfer all her magic to the seal that will hold the bad guy. Prince rages at her death and goes to all the seals and shatters them. Then you go to the main seal, shatter it, grab a light seed and bring it to Elika which revives her. Last scene sees Elika raging, then running away from the creeping corruption with the Prince with the bad dude in tow trying to **** them up.

So you go through the whole game trying to imprison a [COLOR="White"]g[/COLOR]od only to release him at the end. It's more effective than I make it sound.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

so i guess the next prince of persia is gonna be warrior within again

In that there will be another game? Yeah.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

it sounds like he's gonna be DARK and BROODING again if i'm understanding the story right

He's the furthest thing from brooding, and he got Elika back, so there's no reason to be miserable. Plus, pretty sure ubi learned their lesson from that game.

One would hope.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

i should probably buy it at some point

though i could see it going down in price pretty fast, assassin's creed came out this time last year and it's

Pretty much all single-player only games go down in price really quick. So yeah, might as well wait. I'd still recommend playing it though. Decent length (didn't get the twelve hour achievement) and it was fun as hell with some awesome moments (the 14 hit combo was easily the most gorgeous combo string in any game) so it's worth it.