Twilight...?

Posted by Kendra, Warrior Babe

I'm afraid to go watch this. I know it sucked. It must have sucked.
So, someone who has seen it, do tell:
Did it suck?
((No ****ing pun, by the way. I don't mean blood.))
:bounce:

Posted by O.T.L

I loved it, it was awesome.

Posted by Breakman

it's all the rage with the 14 year old girl crowd these days

it must be a masterpiece

Posted by maian

I HEARD EDWARD IS IMPOSSIBLY FAST

Posted by O.T.L

Yeah he is. The girl vampire with the red hair is soooo sexy, I want to watch it again just because she's in it.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

I'd rather cut off my dick with a band saw.

Posted by Linkman

I saw a preview and though, "eh.." Then I saw it referred to "the next Harry Potter" and almost died laughing.

Posted by maian

i wish edward cullen would bite me on the neck and then have sex with me

Posted by Sapphire Rose

I'm amazed how much people refer to this as the next Harry Potter. If anything it reminds me of that "The Covenant" movie of a couple years ago that all the chicks were into.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting O.T.L: I loved it, it was awesome.

your parents clearly don't hit you enough

Posted by Kutlass

Unless you are just starting to sprout hair around your vagina and regularly wear cheap hot topic makeup and jewelry to express your inner demon, go see Bolt instead. ample entertainment, no cheesy teenage wangstiness.

http://au.rottentomatoes.com/m/twilight/news/1781915/critics_consensus_twilight_fades_bolt_electrifies

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Saw it. Was pretty abysmal. But I went with a couple other people that loved the **** out of every second of it. So what do I know.

Posted by Zeta

Immediately classified this series as **** when I heard that the vampires get SPARKLY in sunlight instead of dying horribly.

Posted by Kendra, Warrior Babe

Quoting Zeta: Immediately classified this series as **** when I heard that the vampires get SPARKLY in sunlight instead of dying horribly.

That kinda ****ed me off, too. Because that proves, yet again, that pretty folks get everything. And it was stupid as ****.
Point is, I took my little sister to see Bolt. It was kinda cute.

Quoted post: Immediately classified this series as **** when I heard that the vampires get SPARKLY in sunlight instead of dying horribly.

You do realise vampires don't exist right? The mythos of vampires have always been changing and shifting. I don't particularly see anything wrong with a writer altering/creating her own creature.

Even if it's slightly retarded.

Posted by Stalolin

the book is a sex dream thought up by a woman who is no longer pleasured by her husband

the movie is nothing different

even the actors criticized the movie

iir it was a book written by a woman preaching about abstinence but trying to appeal to young girls in a hipster way

Posted by Stalolin

huh, thought i read somewhere that her main inspiration was a sex dream

idk, but the whole main dude wants to drink man girls blood but loves her too much to actually do it is an analogy for not having sex.

Posted by Ant

man girls blood you say?

manly looking girl

Posted by WillisGreeny

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;909895]idk, but the whole main dude wants to drink man girls blood but loves her too much to actually do it is an analogy for not having sex.

so wait, if drinking blood symbolizes having sex, then the moral of the story for little girls is get a boyfriend that won't do you, or else you'll just get rapped by other boys? Eck. The more I learn about this story and its origins, the more I hate it.

Uh, no, I don't think that's what she meant at all. Pretty sure all that other stuff was just for, you know, an exciting story that wasn't a kinds of boring.

Posted by maian

The point is, the story is a genre that millions of young teenage girls are very into, but is inaccessable to many of them because the vampire genre in general has a very dark, and often sexual overtone. Stephanie Meyer (Who is, by the way, a Mormon) has created a story in this genre that is appropriate for all ages, allowing any girl that's even barely interested in vampires to fall in love with it and not have to worry about "inappropriate" content. From what I've heard, the book still has a sensual mood, but achieves it without being directly explicit, making it also a good enough read for older audiences.

She just did everything right to appeal to this giant demographic. In any case, it's still pretty stupid in my opinion and the movie looks laughably terrible. :cookie:

Because you're a dude and the books and movies are meant for girls.

Posted by maian

Well, exactly. ;o

Posted by WillisGreeny

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;910019]Uh, no, I don't think that's what she meant at all-

For all you know!!! mormons. they are not to be trusted

Posted by Kutlass

Quoting Kendra, Warrior Babe:
Point is, I took my little sister to see Bolt. It was kinda cute.

GOOD CHOICE lol

when i caught the matinee of bolt the other morning i had the whole theater to myself and could jog up and down the aisles and stand up and stretch and do whatever i wanted. but i mainly just focused on the movie because it was so **** good.

Posted by Shade

Love empty movie theaters. Me and buddy took his little brother to see Fantastic Four 2 when that was out and we were the only three people in there. Didn't have to worry about the kid running around wreaking havoc 'cause it was all good.

Oh, and Twilight sucks.

Posted by maian

I like empty movie theatres

because then I HAVE SEX in them

with yourselfetc

Posted by maian

and my hos

rapper

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

I read a few chapters of a twilight book once to appease a (girl) friend. Author's a good writer in the sense that she describes well and the paragraphs flowed well, but the plot and characters were crap

Posted by Speedfreak

For some reason I expected Vamp to have better taste than this. Even if his name does have a lot to do with the subject matter.

Posted by Slade

I have a life-size cardboard cutout of this guy in my main room.

[IMG]http://images1.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/james-twilight-series-1135402_267_400.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by S

Is that Vamp?

Posted by Shade

Quoting Bj Blaskowitz: Author's a good writer in the sense that she describes well and the paragraphs flowed well

No. Lots of unnecessary and useless adjectives for the sake of trying to sound intelligent != good description.

And I'd hope any published writer would be able to make a story flow. It's not that difficult.

Quoted post: For some reason I expected Vamp to have better taste than this. Even if his name does have a lot to do with the subject matter.

So you're saying my taste is bad because I didn't like the movie or books? Thus implying that you are a fan of both? Okay.

Quoted post: And I'd hope any published writer would be able to make a story flow. It's not that difficult.

Yes it is. I have a feeling writing a 600 page story isn't that easy.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Is that why not everyone does it? I knew there HAD to be something.

Posted by Slade

Last night someone put the James cutout right outside my bedroom door. *** **** it felt good to wake up to something so sexy.

Posted by Zaith

So I personally think that Edward is a ****ing creeper he watches her while she sleeps and threatens her life constantly. I watched it with my girlfriend and her single friends and my friend Tony who was there with his girl. I laughed my *** off through most of the movie because of the horrible special effects and horrible line delivery. I also read the book because my girlfriend wanted me to read it before I saw the movie. And for the life of me I can't figure out why anyone likes this book i think its just another one of those Fad books

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

Quoting Shade: No. Lots of unnecessary and useless adjectives for the sake of trying to sound intelligent != good description.

it's called being descriptive, and it's a joy to read a really descriptive paragraph. Just because your attention span renders the task of reading a paragraph that is longer than three sentences does not that the author's purpose is automatically superfluous for the sake of sounding intelligent.

Quoting Shade:
And I'd hope any published writer would be able to make a story flow. It's not that difficult.

So I suppose you have a few books on the backburner?

I'm not saying the woman is James Joyce. I'm just saying her writing, strictly for writing's sake, was entertaining, and her flow from paragraph to paragraph and page to page was smooth. As for the characters themselves and the plot, it sucked hard.

Posted by WillisGreeny

So, would James Joyce read it?

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

nah. His descriptions trump (insert name of chick who we're talking about).

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

i read the books awhile back, but didn't enjoy the movie. it was disjointed and didn't really explain too terribly much. while it didn't really deviate from the plot, it felt like the characters in it were really only given cameos, but i guess you can blame meyer's exceedingly verbose writing style for that.

perhaps the latter films will be better with a new director, and higher budget (i doubt it)?

Posted by Howie

In my opinion, not enough action, but I still enjoyed it. I just adore Kristin Stewart..she's such a hottie to me...!!!

And the vamp with the red hair ain't bad either. ;] Even the blonde badgirl vamp...and Bella's friend too...

**** my hormones.

Posted by Howie

Quoting Velvet Nightmare: i read the books awhile back, but didn't enjoy the movie. it was disjointed and didn't really explain too terribly much. while it didn't really deviate from the plot, it felt like the characters in it were really only given cameos, but i guess you can blame meyer's exceedingly verbose writing style for that.

perhaps the latter films will be better with a new director, and higher budget (i doubt it)?

I agree with you - I'm hoping the next one will be better...and it'll be titled 'New Moon' right? Is that what the book was titled?