Use Dual Shock 3 on Xbox 360 console?

Posted by Big Boss

Hey guys,

Do any of you know if there is or is going to be a cable converter that allows people to use the Dual Shock 3 on the Xbox 360? I just found out that Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix just came out on both consoles, but I have a bigger Friends list on my 360. I'm this close to downloading the game on both systems, but the same problem will happen when Street Fighter IV comes out ($14.99 x 2 is better than $59.99 x 2), and from what I played in the Arcades it will require a Dual Shock d-pad.

So far the only thing I've found is someone who crammed the insides of a 360 controller on a Dual Shock 3, but it's not something for sale:

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2008/08/an_xbox_360_controller_crammed_into_a_ps3_dual_shock_controllers_body-2.html

If there's nothing available at this time, I'll likely download it on the PlayStation Network first. If anyone wants to bleed, my username there is Cyke.

P.S. I don't play fighters with a headset. :)

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

why not buy an arcade stick?

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting The X: why not buy an arcade stick?

I've had some bad experiences with ones made for consoles, from all the way back to that Capcom one for the SNES. It may be that it doesn't have the solid base of an arcade machine, or that the stick is usually too lose or unresponsive.

However, if you know of one that kicks major ***, let me know.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

http://www.the-nextlevel.com/blog/first-look-at-sf4-madcatz-peripherals/

the stick is made from the actual parts used in SFIV machines

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]You mean i could actually enjoy playing Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat games on my 360? I hope this is true.[/COLOR]

Posted by Ant

After a couple hours of playing the game, I'm finally getting used to the dpad on the 360 controller. Though the thumb on my left hand is getting pretty red and almost blister like. :(

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I actually play with the analog stick. Not that bad, once you get used to it.

Posted by #061402

Dual Shock on 360, eh? Gamers are like Linko, they want the best of two worlds.

Posted by Ant

As for a fighting stick, ehhhhhhh. Not sure if I could push myself to pay that much extra cash just for a few games. And I never liked the sticks for consoles. The stick box never felt right unless I was playing on a cabinet.

Posted by Degeneration

All I found was a stupidly expensive PS2/keyboard/mouse to 360 converter.
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-eq-49-en-70-2o3r.html

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Yeah, think you're sol, dude. But you get used to the D-Pad. Shouldn't have to, but you eventually do. Or just use the sticks. That's what I do for 2D games.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I've been using the analog sticks since I started playing CVS2 on the original XBox back in '02. I own with them. :cool:

CVS had that gay little system where you could map specials to the right stick, too.

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting The X: I've been using the analog sticks since I started playing CVS2 on the original XBox back in '02. I own with them. :cool:

CVS had that gay little system where you could map specials to the right stick, too.

I believe the GCN version of that game also had that equally insulting feature, one the PS2 version thankfully lacked.

Anyway, I'll look into that SFIV arcade stick. Thanks!