Playstation HOME

Posted by maian

So, I'm sure most, if not all of you have heard about HOME. I had barely any idea what it even was before now, but the closed beta is out now, and it's simply wonderful.

For those who don't know, it's a giant interactive world on the PSN that all PS3 owners can play for free (once it's officially out). Every person has an avatar, realistic and Sims-like, unlike 360 Avatars or Miis. You have your own little pad, and can go out into the plaza and interact with any user on the network. There's always tons of people walking around. I've hardly played, so I don't even know all the locations it has to offer, but there's tons. For example, there's a bowling alley, where you can play games of bowling with other people and junk, and I've seen people playing games of chess in the mall. There's tons of minigames like that, and from what I've heard, there's lobbies for PSN games and stations for game demos and junk. HOME, aside from the interactive environment, also serves as a kind of live XMB in a real world.

I've hardly played it at all, and I can already say I love it. And, while I'm not going to go looking around for PSN friends, I'm sure there's plenty of people who want to. I can already say with 100 percent surety that HOME will do wonders for PSN and for PS3's community. It's an amazing concept, and I've barely even played it. At all. Not to mention that I have these kind of impressions on the Beta, so it'll probably be pretty awesome when it actually gets running.

So, has anybody else played it? You do have to have a Qore subscription to get a Beta code, but the game is also completely sharable. I got it from my friend, and I also read an article that Sony doesn't care about the Beta being shared, since they want HOME to get out, and it's going to be free anyway. If anybody can get their hands on the Beta, I highly suggest trying it out. I've also heard it's going to be running until the actual release, anyway.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

i didnt read that. mii60s are better!!

home is never coming out, suck it psniggas!!

Posted by Klarth

share please

Posted by Sapphire Rose

What klarth said.

Posted by Degeneration

I got the random free invite via email last Friday. Just realized it today, lawl.

I've never used the 360 avatars so I can't compare those, but Home will at least blow Mii's out of the water if the finished product delivers what it's supposed to. All Home really needs is to unlock the currently unavailable options and build the list of features up from there. It's got HUGE potential.

Posted by maian

I can't share it, since the only way to share things is to log onto the person's account and download it from their PSN store. So, giving you my account info does nothing. :cookie: Shouldn't be hard to find someone that'll share it. There's loads of people on uh, Gametrailers and stuff that are willing to share with tons of people.

Posted by Red

if you play the beta and create a character can you still use that character for the actual release of the game?

Posted by maian

I have no idea, really. Speaking of characters though, we made a "hot" girl character, and...wow. INTERACTIVE COMMUNITY, INDEED. It's terrifying, but try it if you have the spare time. And uh, when the game comes out.

Also, the bowling, I must say, is actually pretty fun. Granted, it's pretty easy to strike...all the time, but apparently not for other people. Anyway, my friend and I had fun bowling for a good hour or two, surprisingly. Only things I haven't tried out are Chess, and playing a PSN game through home.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

It looks all right, but I'm pretty ****ing indifferent to the whole thing. I'd be more than content without it.

Posted by maian

I really had no interest in it before getting the Beta. Indifferent, really. But since I got it for free, I decided I might as well try it, and it's pretty awesome in my opinion. ;|

Posted by Red

today in my computer science class I was checking my emails and was delighted to see that I've been invited to try the beta!

7% downloaded right now, should be another 15 minutes, stupid ****ty internet.