i applied online for the US Army

Posted by junior senior

will they take retarded people

Posted by Jesse Smith

er...no!!!!!!! Then again, if you go...no more bloody PMS threads!!!!!!

er, can I go back there and post in your monthly thread!!!!

Posted by junior senior

if you want

lol wait which one

Posted by #061402

I think the army takes anyone these days.

Posted by junior senior

lol we're gonna win the war with me
ill annoy the iraqis lol

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=#061402;903789]I think the army takes anyone these days.
Not so-

Quoted post:
Some of the crimes that can keep you out of the army are larceny, assault, rape, drug related and murder. Obviously the more violent the crime, the more serious the crime, the less likely the military is to overlook it. Some minor crimes may be overlooked if significant time has passed since you were convicted and have since had no other felonies. Still, this day and age it's highly unlikely you'll be able to join up, the Army is very picky about recruits and wants the best candidates they can get.

[COLOR=#243a5d]Here is a list of what some of the typical felonies the Army looks at:[/COLOR]

[LIST]
[*]Aggravated assault, assault with dangerous weapon, assault intentionally inflicting great bodily harm, or assault with intent to commit a felony. This also includes child, parental, or spouse abuse.
[*]Arson.
[*]Attempt to commit a felony.
[*]Breaking and entering.
[*]Bribery.
[*]Burglary, (burglary tools, possession of).
[*]Carnal knowledge of a minor
[*]Check, worthless, making or uttering, with intent to defraud or deceive ($250.00 or more).
[*]Conspiring to commit a felony.
[*]Criminal libel.
[*]Driving while drugged or intoxicated, or driving while ability impaired (2 or more offenses).
[*]Extortion.
[*]Forgery; knowingly uttering or passing forged instrument.
[*]Graft.
[*]Illegal/fraudulent use of a credit card, bank card, or automated (ATM) card (value of $250.00 or more).
[*]Indecent acts or liberties with a minor.
[*]Indecent assault.
[*]Kidnapping or abducting, to include parental kidnapping of a child(ren).
[*]Larceny; embezzlement; conversion (value of $250.00 or more).
[*]Mail matter; abstracting, destroying, obstructing, opening, secreting, stealing, or taking.
[*]Mails; depositing obscene or indecent matter.
[*]Manslaughter.
[*]Mis-prison of felony.
[*]Murder.
[*]Narcotics or habit-forming drugs; wrongful possession or use.
[*]Negligent/vehicular homicide.
[*]Pandering.
[*]Perjury or subornation of perjury.
[*]Public record; altering, concealing, destroying, mutilating, obligation, or moving.
[*]Rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, criminal sexual abuse, incest.
[*]Riot.
[*]Robbery.
[*]Sodomy.
[*]Stolen property, knowingly received (value $250.00 or more).
[*]Solicitation or Prostitution.
[/LIST]Source: [URL]http://www.army.com/resources/item/2150[/URL]

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote]the Army is very picky about recruits and wants the best candidates they can get.

hahaha.. riiiiight.

My best friend had a drug related felony charge (he's lucky that's all he got at the time), and within 3 months of "over looking it" the Army accepted him as a mechanic.

All I know is, if you aren't some two-bit repeat offender lowlife with reforming/reoccurring drug habits and can manage to stay out of the loony bin/state pin; then the Army will take you in.

Posted by #061402

Well, I wasn't really thinking about criminals. I'm not sure, but I don't think junior senior is a criminal, so.. =P

What with the war and all, I thought they were hungry for new recruits.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=#061402;903946]Well, I wasn't really thinking about criminals. I'm not sure, but I don't think junior senior is a criminal, so.. =P

What with the war and all, I thought they were hungry for new recruits.

I was in a local recruit station the other day (preparing to re-enlist, it's a lengthy process) trying to get some paperwork/get some paperwork done and discover where to pick up my military records and previous military work history documents (because both the RTC and the National Archives seemed to have lost them as is always to be expected of the US government when of concerns of it's own peoples). This guy was trying to join with three prior felony convictions, and one Sgt just looked him up and down shaking his head the whole time uttering "no no no" under his breath while another Sgt simply began laughing behind a closed door. True story, seen it with my own eyes and ears.

Posted by #061402

Well like I said, I wasn't thinking about criminals. But yes, my original statement was incorrect. I should've said "I think the army takes nearly anyone these days."

I think even I could join, if I really tried, and I'm a swede. (Although this is based on something Vamp saw.)

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=#061402;903951]Well like I said, I wasn't thinking about criminals. But yes, my original statement was incorrect. I should've said "I think the army takes nearly anyone these days."

I think even I could join, if I really tried, and I'm a swede. (Although this is based on something Vamp saw.)

Swede?
Please, tell more.

The Army takes any nationality, from what I understand. Aslong as you can provide proof of "naturalization" or convince them of a close citizenship. I mean com'on.. we babysit Canada, Peurto Rico, and Mexico.

Posted by #061402

Yeah, the citizenship is where I'd run short. But like I said, Vamp said he saw.. I can't remember exactly, but I think it was some kind of recruitment at his school. The only requirements were "You have to be 18" and "You must be a citizen.*"

Although in smaller letters it said "*You may not have to be a citizen."

Come to think of it, I'm not sure it was Vamp who saw and said it. Could've been X, too.. And I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. :p:

Posted by Tyler Durden

I'm usually always sarcastic, my girlfriend's family hates me for it. But not this time..

I know of border jumpers (Mexicans/Canadians that I've befriended) that have enlisted without fail.

Posted by #061402

Well, I'm Swedish. Since Sweden isn't known to have any relations with possible terrorist-countries, and I'm always told I have good English, I figured I wouldn't have too hard a time to join if I really tried. Wouldn't surprise me if there was some way to earn a citizenship through service, like France's "Fran

Posted by Tyler Durden

Haha.. who in their right mind would even WANT a French citizenship?

Posted by #061402

Plenty of people. The most romantic land in the world, you know! (Or so they say.)

Man. A serious discussion in Wacko Uni.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Serious, hardly ever. And don't even try to surface this to WH's attention, or you can kiss our conversation peice goodbye.

Posted by #061402

WackoHater - Scourge of Wacko Uni.

Posted by junior senior

so im enlisted now right

Posted by #061402

Send us a postcard!

Posted by Tyler Durden

Did you take the practice ASVAB, go to MEPS twice, take the real ASVAB while at MEPS your first time, decide on an MOS or other career path for your military stay, pick three top places to be stationed (pffftyeah like rarely anyone gets thems), have two physicals, pass three **** tests, do the duck walk of shame, let an old lady bend you over and flash a medical like up your pooper and tell you to cough, sign a control with Uncle Sam (first signature is fake, second one is for reals), go to bootcamp, last 9 weeks through rigorous marching exercises and routine workouts and slams and drops (when an instructor issues you insane ammounts of push-ups and whatever else he/she feels like busting your *** with, graduate basic and get your head gear with blue insignia?

Huh huh huh.. did you do all that JS?

Posted by Dexter

The tests you have to get past in order to join any military branch is truly a simple task. But I think you're still too young to join.

Posted by Tyler Durden

With the advent of that silly "No Child Left Behind" act, I think the averaging of ASVAB scores is also showing signs of suffering from the dumbass cult of America. I mean, the overal average for my region was a 31% (I made 96 of a then perfect 100). Now, anyone can knock out the ASVAB with a 100+ score (my friend made a 117). It's rediculous..

Posted by junior senior

does it mean im enlisted now if i signed up
i have no idea what the army is lol

Posted by Tyler Durden

No, not necassarily so.

You sign the actual contract for enlistment twice during the pre-processing phase. The second signature of yours, being the legit one that seals the deal. They require two signatures just for the simple ocassion that a possible recruit is having second thoughts or doubts and wants to back out and not enlist. You probably just signed up for random phone calls and visitation periods from your local recruiter (check ups) being that you're too young, this would probably be your Delayed Entry period of Enlistment. Which in total, counts for squat towards your overall time as Active Duty.

Posted by junior senior

could you have active duty but not go anywhere

also why are the flags backwards on their uniforms

Posted by Tyler Durden

Yeah, sure-

If you can manage to be assigned to a non-deployable unit.

Posted by junior senior

explain

Posted by Dexter

Get deployed. That's where the fun is. And join the Navy instead so you can get stationed here in Hawaii and chill with me Raptor and Lord of Spam!

Posted by junior senior

never

Posted by Dexter

You're so boring.

Posted by junior senior

nope sorry don't wanna be near fetishes at all

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Dexter: I think you're still too young to join.

Not to mention, way too immature!!!!! :D:D Then you got the gender issue... :D:D

Posted by #061402

Quoting junior senior: never

Always better to be cannon fodder!

Posted by junior senior

we don't use cannons im not george washington

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Jesse Smith: Not to mention, way too immature!!!!! :D:D Then you got the gender issue... :D:D

They are tons of immature females in the military. I was talking to one particularly ****ed off and immature female sailor today.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=#061402;904272]Always better to be cannon fodder!
Hahahaaaaaartillery..
[quote=junior senior;904289]we don't use cannons im not george washington
The US should bring back the cannon since most Iraqis and Afghanis insist on bringking back **** like that *** awful Kalashnikov, and **** like this aswell..

[IMG]http://z.about.com/d/middleeast/1/0/m/0/-/-/0623-iraq-weapons.jpg[/IMG]

**** the Navy, and **** Hawaii.

Join the Coast Guard JS..
Just think, you get to stop gun runners and pirates.
Nail drug smugglers and illegal aliens from Cuba.
Drive cool boats and operate awesome military issued police weapons of mass destruction and AWESOME!!

GO COAST GUARD, or GO TO HELL!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by junior senior

im gonna apply to kotex

Posted by junior senior

lmao what an embarrassing job, "my daddy works for kotex he makes maxi pads" lol JOKE

Posted by #061402

Quoting Tyler Durden: Iraqis and Afghanis insist on bringking back **** like that *** awful Kalashnikov, and **** like this aswell..

It's outdated, yes, but it's cheap and gets the job done! :cookie: