NXE!!

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

Everyone should have the new dashboard update by now... thoughts, comments??

I was a little overwhelmed at first but it's pretty neat once you get used to it. I love being able to delete all my zero gamer score games off of my profile, back in the day arcade trial games would stay on your played game list.

I wish you could change your guide background though, you used to be able to match your guide to your theme and what not.

Mii's I mean avatars are pretty chill, I read on the dashboard theres going to be new clothes and what not every two weeks.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

http://www.vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=32562

this is the true NXE thread buddy

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Yeah.

I've yet to look at it. huh.

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

Quoting The X: http://www.vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=32562

this is the true NXE thread buddy

in a blog.... ewwwwwww... blogs = emo

You're emo.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I refuse to give my thoughts in this thread. xbot blog only

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

Let's post about an xbox topic in a blog??

FAIL!!

..And this is why vgchat.com doesn't work.... good riddance!!

Quoted post: Let's post about an xbox topic in a blog??

xbot blog*

there's a difference.

peace out, yo

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

look at this baby, cryin cause he cant discuss his games console firmware update in a specific board

Haha wow.

something about lisa saying pussy faggot is some funny ****

Posted by Skitzo Control

I have no idea where this thread is going, but I do know NXE is bad. :)

Posted by cool gamer dad

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: something about lisa saying pussy faggot is some funny ****

because she says it wrong?

pussy FAYGET

hahaha, yes, that's it!

:(

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

I checked the blog out it doesn't seem very "X-boxish" to me... or maybe I am not cool and know everyone's first names around here.... I wouldn't fit in =(

Girl or not... especially one that posts on a video game message board, where to ever call me a "pussay f4Ggot" or how ever you say it to my face, would get lumped in the chin, real talk.

You'd be drop kicked in the groin far before that would happen. :)

Quoted post: I checked the blog out it doesn't seem very "X-boxish" to me... or maybe I am not cool and know everyone's first names around here.... I wouldn't fit in =(

Name of the blog: Chill Icebox Discussion

Icebox = canadian xbox

Posted by Shade

NXE is pretty cool. Hopefully you'll be able to score some more outfits for your avatar. Didn't really dig the lack of variety. Or maybe you already can and I'm just as ill-informed as usual.

Posted by #061402

Considering it's Microsoft, I'm quite sure they'll thrown in more outfits sooner or later.

Clothing is limited purposely so you can unlock items like you do Achievements and drop cash like you do gamerpics.

Posted by Ant

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: something about lisa saying pussy faggot is some funny ****

nice to know some of my verbage is rubbing off.

Posted by cool gamer dad

i'm the only one who uses sweeto :[

Posted by #061402

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Clothing is limited purposely so you can unlock items like you do Achievements and drop cash like you do gamerpics.

I'm guessing the games you can unlock clothing from are those where you can use your avatar.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;903791]Icebox = canadian xboxbag of games

Posted by Speedfreak

The avatars are hideous and have weird amounts of customisation in some areas and very little in others. You can actually do a lot more with Miis for the face, but I guess the Xbox avatars have the advantage of such truly defining features as....wrist watches and jeans.

Posted by #061402

Quoting Speedfreak: The avatars are hideous

They're only hideous if you make them hideous. Personally I think they look quite okay. So far I like them better than the Mii's who constantly stand around and wiggle their asses.

Posted by Speedfreak

Their eyes never look directly at you, my friend noticed this when choosing his. The main problem I have with them is they have far too much detail to be cute little charicatures like Miis, they end up like weird half-resemblences like MSN's weemees or Gaia's avatars. It's enough to make you vaguely recognise who it is, but not enough to make you laugh at how close the likeness is.

Posted by #061402

Use the stick to turn their heads. Simple as that! And the resemblances to the weemees is understandable, although I haven't seen a weemee myself so I can't tell for sure.

Not to mention my avatar looks more like me than my Mii (Not that either looks a lot like me, but hey.) Closest I could get the Mii was to make me look like a rapist.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

yeah, my mii60 looks a lot like me more than my wiimii does

mainly cause i have ballin shades on 360

Well of course speedfreak doesn't like them, why do you even bother.

They aren't bad. but it's all about the SHOOTAN

Posted by #061402

Quoting Angelwing: Well of course speedfreak doesn't like them, why do you even bother.

It's rather sad that I thought pretty much the same.

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

They say every two weeks theres going to be an avatar update with more clothes and what not, new items will be represented with a gold star. Search around for info on the dashboard it says it right on there.

Premium themes are pretty sweet, they alter the backgrounds of your virtual friends list. Everyone got the night and day premium themes with the download (at least US did) check it out, your friends will be standing in front of bars and cop cars.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Y2kMISFIT;904037]your friends will be standing in front of bars and cop cars.just like real life

Posted by #061402

Quoting Y2kMISFIT: They say every two weeks theres going to be an avatar update with more clothes and what not, new items will be represented with a gold star. Search around for info on the dashboard it says it right on there.

Premium themes are pretty sweet, they alter the backgrounds of your virtual friends list. Everyone got the night and day premium themes with the download (at least US did) check it out, your friends will be standing in front of bars and cop cars.

I think I'll keep my GoW2 backgrounds. Nothing like seeing X all jolly stand in front of a crashed chopper.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

i have my old street fighter theme, it looks awesome cause its ken doing a shoryuken over the horizon

Using that free premium gears theme.

also, everyone just ignore speedfreak

Quoted post: I'm guessing the games you can unlock clothing from are those where you can use your avatar.

Highly doubtful. I'm going to assume it's like unlocking gamerpics, except more widely used.

Posted by #061402

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Highly doubtful. I'm going to assume it's like unlocking gamerpics, except more widely used.

You can unlock gamerpics, other than by buying the pac/getting them with the game?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

yup

CoD5, mass effect, gears, etc all unlock gamerpics through achievments.

anywho, Ninja Blade bundles avatar clothing with a theme, so maybe that'll be a new trend?

Posted by #061402

Never noticed, to be honest.

Posted by Speedfreak

Don't listen to Speedfreak guys, his difference of opinion could be poisonous!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

did someone hear something just there

Posted by IPwnN00bs117

i was kinda annoyed at first, but got used to it. my friend brought Gears 2 over, and i had to update. but it's actually pretty sweet, i want to be able to go back, or make small changes to the icons and stuff. like i would like it to be more like the ps3 XMB w/ all of the icons to be small and the same size. but i'm sure that's copywritten material, and i don't have live so i don't need the other like 5 icons, all i need is "My Xbox", so, i wish that there were a few options for a layout style that's all.

party chat = greatest invention

suddenly search and destroy in call of duty is actually fun. cheating, but more fun

Yeah, party chat is great, so glad they did it.

Posted by #061402

Oh yeah, I haven't tested that yet.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

I can't believe no-one posted their avatar yet. Seriously, I am the classiest gent.