Should I get an iPod?

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Or some other brand? Suggestions please! Ipod touch looks pretty cool.

Posted by Ant

touch is ****ing stupid. just get an iphone at that point.

and I'd go with a zune over an ipod.

Posted by Klarth

yeah, if you're pondering an ipod touch, go straight for an iphone instead

if you already use itunes, go with the ipod. otherwise check out [url=http://www.jetaudio.com/]cowon[/url]'s players; they're the best alternative

Posted by Dexter

iPod. Get that Black Symphony Within Temptation album on there while you're at it. Excellent start.

Posted by Klarth

i know i raged

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

You can have my old 30 gig ipod. Getting rid of it in a month or so when I pick up the 120 gig. Still works well.

Posted by O.T.L

I love my Ipod touch. I can get on wifi anywhere in the house, I don't use much space, I have an 8 gb.

It plays my music and my videos. I'm satisfied.

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: You can have my old 30 gig ipod. Getting rid of it in a month or so when I pick up the 120 gig. Still works well.

Sweeet how much?

Posted by Kutlass

before settling for an ipod just because it's the mainstream brand, i suggest you look into the overwhelming variety of other portable media player brands out there. there are plenty of good non-ipod players, but of course there is also a great deal of crap. the creative zen line is worth looking into, and i hear sandisk has some good players.

Quoted post: Sweeet how much?

whatever shipping and handling will cost. I'll have no use for it, but I'm not paying to give it to someone.

Awesome, sounds good to me =D

The zen looks neat and I've heard good things about them. Never heard of cowon, I'll check them out in the future. Thanks guys!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

doesnt a touch have all the **** an iphone does minus a phone contract and capabilities?

Posted by O.T.L

Yeah.

But you gotta pay for the phone bit, so **** that ****.

But yeah, once I get my replacement I'll see what happens.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

Vamp is such a sweetheart :-*

I'm using an archos. It's a bit big, 30 gigs seems to be filled quickly. Plays video, so that's good for boring work days or public transportation. I don't know, I just <3 it

30 gigs is nothing these days. With my music I barely get 3,000 songs.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

you don't need to tell me, I know, it sounded neat before, but I keep finding more and more stuff, and it's hard to fit it all :'(

Yeah he is :-*

Yeah, I don't want to pay for a phone contract that is two or three times what I'm paying now just because it's an iPhone.

Plus, they're gay as ****. Never got the concept of browsing the net from a handheld portable device and pay out the ****ing *** for it. I'll just wait until I get home and use the internet I'm already paying for.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

grandpa vamp tight with his cash

Makes sense. Already pay $45 for internet, why pay, like, $65 for a phone.

Not ****ing retarded with his cash*

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

what vamp said

still don't understand the concept of everyone needing to be connected to a messenger 24/7 with those texting devices either. I'm at the store yesterday, and there's a security guy following me around, not that I care, but I jump in a different aisle. As I'm going down, I see an employee of the store working, taking out the side kick, kneeling over some boxes, followed by some sort of solid snake maneuver. She completely vanished, most likely texting.

cellphones are for fags. Seriously, the second that cellphone comes out they immediately turn into a mega douche. This is the conclusion I've come to.

I used to have aim on my phone. Now there's nothing. I could get msn, but meh. Would be kinda cool, though. But wouldn't be a faggot about it.

Posted by junior senior

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: You can have my old 30 gig ipod. Getting rid of it in a month or so when I pick up the 120 gig. Still works well.

can i have that, please? my 30gb is broken and it's breaking even more :(

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

but you have one, she doesn't!

Posted by Klarth

Quoting junior senior: can i have that, please? my 30gb is broken and it's breaking even more :(

mine too, sweetheart

but i'm not a scavenging shaft-rider

Mine works fine and it's been in a case all its life, so there's no real scratches. Only problem is the battery lasts around 4 to 5 hours.

Posted by Klarth

I inherited a first-gen one around the beginning of 2005. battery lasted half an hour, holy gee

my 30GB one now lasts around five hours. no matter, though, as it's been relegated solely to external hdd duty now; the headphone jack came loose a few months ago. might crack it open and fix it myself someday

I babied this mother****er. Mint condish.

Posted by Klarth

Likewise. I had a hard rubber case and everything. Never dropped it once. I take care of all my ****.

[url=http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en-us&q=5g+ipod+headphone+jack&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8]It actually seems to be a common defect.[/url]

Posted by junior senior

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: I babied this mother****er. Mint condish.

me too. plastic case since i got it. the headphone port is broken :(

[IMG]http://www.slipperybrick.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/iskin-evo3classic.jpg[/IMG]

this is what I used. sturdy as ****

Posted by Klarth

seems the problem JS and I have is actually an unacknowledged hardware defect.

thankfully, apple aren't like that with all their ****. they extended the warranty on my macbook pro; i have until next autumn to get the buggered GPU replaced, which is quite cool

Posted by Tyler Durden

Apple's not a total *******, unlike Microsoft..

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;904452]360...

f

Posted by junior senior

Quoting netman: seems the problem JS and I have is actually an unacknowledged hardware defect.

thankfully, apple aren't like that with all their ****. they extended the warranty on my macbook pro; i have until next autumn to get the buggered GPU replaced, which is quite cool

i already got my old 30gb replaced in june 2006 because something was wrong with the software inside and would just freeze up. :( my warranty is over now but i doubt i could even get it replaced since it's discontinued.

oh yeah I need your address so I can send money. that is if you've gotten your replacement already!

Posted by Kutlass

ipod is actually a pretty ****ty product. or maybe it's just my bad luck with all three of the different models i've used. first one went under just after a year, immediately after the warranty expired. the ipod classic i got for my birthday crashed after about a month, and not due to mishandling or abuse on my part or anything. just tried to update the firmware and that killed it. not even their unnecessarily cryptic combination of buttons reset/restore process could save it. but that was after, for some reason, half my library stopped playing. i would try to play a certain song on it, and it would just freeze for 15 minutes before moving on to the next one. the same thing just started happening with my dad's ipod nano for some reason, only with every song we've tried, and here i had thought it was a hard drive problem.

i've also had one crash on me simply because a friend plugged it into a different computer with a different music library app loaded. and auto-syncing was off! whoops, you forgot to click on the special little eject button icon before unplugging it, going to have to send it in for repairs again!

i can safely say that ipods are overpriced and overrated, extremely delicate pieces of ****. but good on those who are lucky enough to get the ones that function as well as they should cost half as much.