City Folk

Posted by Bebop

Theres a code thread already but no real thread for discussion and the like!

Recently saw that you can upload your DS Wild World town into City Folk instead of starting anew. Something I wouldn't mind. But I like the idea that the players houses are spread out whereas most likely when you upload your WW Town you'll be in the same square. Does anyone know if you transfer it back to your WW game too?

But I'm still confused what exactly happens "in the city". Hair salon? Great. That was in the portable version.

Posted by Breakman

you can change the color of your shoooooooooooes

and stuff

and it's probably where you can upload your mii face to be your character's face though the zany animal crossing character faces are part of what gives it its charm

it's actually kind of sad that you can upload WW to city folk considering i only ever played ww about 2 months

now if you could upload your gc town i'd be a total master

I kinda like the idea of starting over anyway though

Posted by K1nS

haha this sounds good, I hadn't heard of it untill I read this thread

Posted by Breakman

i guess there's a lot of stuff you used to have to 'wait' for like katrina the fortune teller and crazy redd's in the city that's always there and always accessible now

and fun new stuff like the auction house and graciegrace which is basically a store for VERY VERY VERY rich people who've done everything else they can possibly do with their money to go buy entire full sets of super rare furniture and rare clothing and accessories

plus you have a third abel sister (still sux compared to sable) and kicks the skunk who's undoubtably the coolest-looking character in the entire series

aside from that there's just a lot of really cool conveniences like pressing left and right on the control pad to instantly switch between equipped items without having to go into your inventory (or down to unequip anything), a quick snapshot / save-to-sd-card system, the whole voice chat deal for online, etc.

oh and saving the game/loading/etc is about 300 times faster than it was in the gc or ds versions, which among other things makes travelling around or receiving visitors online a much faster and smoother transition