Another Code R...

Posted by Prince Shondronai

...listed as the sequel to the original DS game, and not a remake, here:

http://www.gamekyo.com/newsen29339_another-code-r-and-mario-luigi-3-dated-in-japan.html

I don't remember Main Character Girl talking to this farmer seen in the screenshots in the original game, either. I forget who said it was just a remake, but "In your face" nonetheless.

Posted by coromoro

I never played the first one. Was it any good? Anyone wanna give me a mini-review?

Posted by #061402

No, that's not the same game. Unless they cut that part from our versions? :confused:

Although I doubt it. You were just running around on a, more or less, deserted island in the middle of nowhere. I kinda miss that game.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Quoting coromoro: I never played the first one. Was it any good? Anyone wanna give me a mini-review?

Certainly. I give Trace Memory (Another Code's western title) an overall score of 9.0/10. I'm a huge adventure game fan, and I've played all the classics from Zork to Shadowgate to Myst to...Well, the game we're talking about.

Main Character Ashley must solve the riddle of the mysterious island her estranged father has summoned her to in order to figure out how her mother really died many years ago, as well as help out Casper the Friendly Gho...I mean "D."

The graphics are a lovely mesh of CG backgrounds and hand-drawn characters, with some N64-grade 3D models thrown into the mix.

Touch-screen puzzles and item fetch-quests make up the bulk of the gameplay. They're fun and keep the story moving.

Posted by coromoro

Thank you.

Sounds great, actually. I am limited to playing only my Nintendo DS nowadays (my other consoles are thousands of kilometers from here), so I might as well pick it up. That way I'll be ready for this Wii sequel! :cool:

Posted by ExoXile

**** yeah, looking forward to be playing the continuation.
Two Memories was too short, but man, it was awesome.