CHrono Trigger DS

Posted by sonic hedgehog

Anyone else looking forward to the release of this game.

Posted by Breakman

disregard this post

Posted by coromoro

Yeah, I'm excited for this. Considering I never beat the original, I'll definitely pick this up. :cool:

Posted by Klarth

Two new dungeons, a new ending, an interface overhaul and handheld ****ing Chrono Trigger? Oh yes.

Couldn't care less about the minigame **** though.

Posted by Speedfreak

...the new ending is gonna be some Chrono Cross bullshit isn't it? ISN'T IT?

Posted by Breakman

I should be embarrassed for posting what? The hyadain remix with really crappy subs (but it's the only one with subs) or my terribly grammatically butchered sentence? Both? Yeah, well, **** off.

I'm thinking--and hoping--the new superboss/ending will play more to Chrono Trigger itself, especially after so many people complain about how Chrono Cross, while a neat game, kind of RAPES the continuation of Chrono Trigger's story. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you're going to fight the 'Entitiy' that's talked about in a few of CT's cutscenes that supposedly makes the gates happen so that you can stop Lavos; Gaspar himself, in the little video that reveals its existence, basically says 'it's probably too strong for you to even attempt to fight' and 'it's not really integral for you to fight, anyway' as if it's not necessarily a bad guy. And maybe, just maybe, upon beating it we'll get something neat like an alternate timeline for Chrono Trigger to have ended happily ever after after all instead of the crap we find out in CC.

Posted by Stalolin

breakman if you want to survive here you must learn to ignore speedfreak

or at least rebuttal with "final fantasy is the best game ever have you played it speedfreak oh man you're going to love it 10/10 oh man it's got so many rave reviews that sephiroth character kicks so much ***"

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Speedfreak: ...the new ending is gonna be some Chrono Cross bullshit isn't it? ISN'T IT?

[center]CHRONO TRIGGER IS AN APPLE
CHRONO CROSS IS A HATSTAND

THEY ARE TENUOUSLY CONNECTED AT BEST
AND OTHERWISE BEYOND COMPARISON
[/center]

Posted by Shade

For the love of ***, somebody fix the title.

Posted by Breakman

Quoting Stalolin: breakman if you want to survive here you must learn to ignore speedfreak

i probably would have if it wasn't honestly a pretty ****ty post when I went back and looked at it

basically pretend all I said in that post was "Oh, yes! I am very excited about 'Chrono Trigger' (TM and C Square-Enix) being released on the Nintendo Dual Screen portable entertainment device!"

Posted by coromoro

I watched the video. It was a little weird, but it was sweet. :cool:

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Breakman: i probably would have if it wasn't honestly a pretty ****ty post when I went back and looked at it

basically pretend all I said in that post was "Oh, yes! I am very excited about 'Chrono Trigger' (TM and C Square-Enix) being released on the Nintendo Dual Screen portable entertainment device!"

nah, it was fine

i cringe at **** I posted here when I was 15 or so, but i've long since ditched such concerns. don't let anyone chew you out, man, speedy's just a tad touchy

Posted by Speedfreak

It was kind of a joke, because that video was so cringeworthy. I kinda thought you thought it was silly, and posted it to be silly. So I said you should be embarrassed...to be silly!

Yeah, netman, you know they CHANGED Chrono Trigger's ending on the PS1 remake to make it fit with Chrono Cross? I'm dreading that.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

They did? Huh, never knew that. I have the PS version sitting here somewhere, but maybe I'll get this instead.

Posted by Zeta

[quote]I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you're going to fight the 'Entitiy' that's talked about in a few of CT's cutscenes that supposedly makes the gates happen so that you can stop Lavos;

The entity is the planet itself.

So yeah, not happening.

Posted by WillisGreeny

I thought the "entity" was the game designers basically breaking the 4th wall, but "earth" seems to be the popular choice of what entity is. It's still up to speculation considering there's never really a point of someone saying "entity = this". An important scene of this is seen with Lucca's sidequest.

[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m17q49oLnMo&feature=related[/URL]

@ 2:10 to 2:20: The quote "Our journey may come to an end when we finally discover the identity of the entity"

I saw this as referring to the credits, basically saying the game designers.

Posted by Slade

The Japanese rom is floating around, and apparently it has English built in. So if you're dying to play it, might as well import. Either way, pretty interesting.

[IMG]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a188/ketoman77/cvn-chrot1.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a188/ketoman77/cvn-chrot2.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a188/ketoman77/cvn-chrot3.png[/IMG]

http://www.ds-scene.net/?s=viewtopic&nid=6533&p=1

edit: Oh, I guess it's coming out in like a week anyways. nvm about importing

Posted by Klarth

yeah, the rom's hit and it's in english BUT it has copy protection crap that crashes it in certain places when you run it from a flashcart

wait for a patch

Posted by Zeta

Supposedly Magus is called Archfiend now.

Posted by Klarth

what

Posted by Zeta

Oh wait it's Fiendlord.

My bad.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/Kvar/fiendlord.png[/IMG]

Posted by Klarth

"The Fiendlord," eh

obviously it gives you the option to call him magus, but do you know if it's now 'Fiendlord' by default?

Posted by WillisGreeny

Do we know if that's just one instance of Fiendlord being used, or did they actually change Magus to fiendlord? ...Fiendlord kinda sounds dumb.

Posted by Zeta

dunno lol

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/Kvar/toomuchtext.png[/IMG][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/Kvar/intheend.jpg[/IMG]

hooray for changing lines that are as infamous as "you spoony bard".

Posted by Shade

If they were then I would know them.

Posted by Breakman

Quoting Shade: If they were then I would know them.

"but the future refused to change"

"HP/MP restored! ...... but you're still hungry."

**** KID PLAY SOME CT

also if they DON'T change the 'Jurassic Pork' part and a few others I'll be ashamed. And I wouldn't be worried about them calling Magus 'fiendlord' in the U.S. version; you know his name in the Japanese version was always "Maoh"

"Magus, known in Japan as Maoh (魔王 Maō?, lit. Demon King or Dark Lord)"

so hopefully it'll still be the same in our version.

And ****, guys, don't pirate THIS game... I have a cyclods and could easily but if there's one thing worth showing your support for this holiday season it's CTDS-- SO WE GET AN AWESOME SEQUEL THAT DOESN'T THROW AWAY OR MAKE DEPRESSING AS **** EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENED IN CT. And, you know, like the exact same team who made CT just got back together for Blue Dragon, right? A 3D Chrono Trigger sequel with graphics somewhat akin to Dragon Quest 8, you say? I'm game.

P.S. What if 'the entity' really IS the planet? FF9 OZMA SUPERBOSS AT THE END OF TIME OMG OMG

Posted by Klarth

maybe I'll buy it when it comes out in europe

but until then, as long as square enix make it a hassle for me, I'm going to pirate it

Posted by Zeta

[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/Kvar/timedevourer.jpg]SUPER SECRET ULTIMATE FINAL BOSS and yes the name is in the URL so don't hover over this if you give a **** about new content spoilers.[/url]

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Zeta;903452][URL="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/Kvar/timedevourer.jpg"]SUPER SECRET ULTIMATE FINAL BOSS and yes the name is in the URL so don't hover over this if you give a **** about new content spoilers.[/URL]

hahahaha what the **** is he doing in here

Posted by Zeta

Retconning.

Not cool, Square-Enix. Not cool.

Posted by Speedfreak

Ret-conning Chrono Cross out of canon is the single coolest thing they've ever done.

Posted by Zeta

Oh wait, I guess it doesn't retcon. After you beat it the party does some "there's no way we can beat this" thing, then you get warped away, and some characters have some discussions that tie in with Chrono Cross.

Awesome.

Posted by Speedfreak

Goddamnit.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Look at Speedy get all ****ed now that SquareEnix has chosen to **** up Chrono Trigger for the sake of continuing the Chrono Cross connection. So much for a true sequal!

Posted by Speedfreak

Yeah, like I'm the only one. Why would they even bother strengthening the connection between the two games? Cross has barely anything to do with Trigger, in-game or out.

Posted by sonic hedgehog

One thing I first noticed in the Nintendo Power that had a full article was that one of the new dungeons 'may have been originally planned for the SNES original' When I read that, bricks were shat...and I had a heart attack. As to who the 'entity' is, there is nothing we can do but speculate. As they give us next to no information about It, and they never name It, we may never know what It is.

My opinion, I think they were best represented in the UK spiderman and Zoids comic:

[URL=http://s299.photobucket.com/albums/mm305/ArtemisLuna_2008/?action=view¤t=ZOIDS_50_07.jpg][IMG]http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm305/ArtemisLuna_2008/th_ZOIDS_50_07.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
[URL=http://s299.photobucket.com/albums/mm305/ArtemisLuna_2008/?action=view¤t=ZOIDS_50_08.jpg][IMG]http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm305/ArtemisLuna_2008/th_ZOIDS_50_08.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

I think it was the above beings

Posted by Dr. Rockso

Bought it, havent played it yet, the monster arena wireless play looks fun though.

Posted by Klarth

Been playing this (slowly) for about a week now. Only new content I've experienced is the arena, which seems like it could be a fun diversion.

New translation's decent. "Mountains're nice" is now "mountains're so nice", though, which threw me a little.

Posted by Breakman

yeah, like gato's speech is exactly the same with a very slight change too, it's weird. the translation's overall great, though--i just got it today, actually preordered/got it irl since chrono trigger deserves as much even if it's just a rerelease. the remastered music sounds great, and the awesome little things like 'all the new stuff from the ps1 version including the anime and even more without any of the lag' and 'bestiary in the middle of gameplay' = ***ly stuff

Posted by Dr. Rockso

Having fun so far, in the middle of Derelict Factory. Forgot about Johnny.

Posted by Speedfreak

Is the translation significantly better or is it just weird small changes? I always heard the japanese writing was much better.

Posted by Breakman

so far it seems a lot better, nothing's groaningly cheesy of corny (though the millenial fair racers still have the same silly names); people seem to talk with an overall more serious tone without completely derailing the upbeat tone of the original game, and they do neat things like just refer to alcohol as 'drinks' or whatever instead of 'SODA' or 'POP'

Posted by sonic hedgehog

I'm jsut about to go charging into Magus's castle. my fav. line thus far: "This, only special drink! Good drink! Name, Skull Smash! Next day, skull feel lik smash!" --Ayla

btw, Lucca actually gets drunk, sluring her words and everything, then proceeds to get a hangover instead of mearly saying she 'was a perfect lady' the next day.

Posted by ICO fan

I just got mine through the post today, I'm pretty excited about playing it!

Posted by sonic hedgehog

Highlight to reveal Spoilers:

[spoiler]I just finished the first part of the Lost Scantum area and found, Reptites!!! Bricks were shat! The Lost Scantum seems to be the Reptite Dimension![/spoiler]

Posted by Dr. Rockso

Was happy that they didnt change Magus's actual name to Fiendlord, but I do like him having that title. Arena is a little disapointing since you can only get smidges but its still fun.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Dr. Rockso: Was happy that they didnt change Magus's actual name to Fiendlord, but I do like him having that title. Arena is a little disapointing since you can only get smidges but its still fun.

no perseverance and blind, baseless assumptions? requesting a ban

Posted by sonic hedgehog

sonconding that Ban, I've already got a Gokuu

Posted by Shade

Quoting sonic hedgehog: sonconding that Ban, I've already got a Gokuu

Requesting a ban.

Posted by sonic hedgehog

just finished the game, only have the secret boss to finish before I start collecting the endings. it is insane. I had no trouble with Lavos, didn't die once. But this thing, it destroyed me without a second thought! And my entire team is over level Sixty! btw, I beat all three bonus dungons, and they didn't seem to make much sense, they had no backstory to them, unlike the Lost Sanctum. All in all, they were rather boring, though they did add a few new enemys and a quartet of interesting boss fights, one of which included the 'Once-King' one guess as to who it is, and here's a hint, each time you fight him in the plot, he burps when he dies.

Posted by Zoltraos

It's pretty satisfactory, I'm not going to lie.

Posted by Dr. Rockso

[quote=netman;907675]no perseverance and blind, baseless assumptions? requesting a ban

Was there not a discussion about a rumored change of his name on the previous page?

Posted by Klarth

reading is cool ok???

Posted by sonic hedgehog

I was refering to the arena comment

Posted by Shade

I was referring to your butchering of the English language.

Posted by Dr. Rockso

Why not quote that section then and not the whole thing. Anyone have a strategy for the Golem Sisters, they're the only boss that I actually am stuck at.

Posted by Klarth

why not learn to read and get a brain your such a moran!!

Posted by Klarth

oh yeah, golem sisters = have lucca use hypnowave. if both of them aren't put to sleep, attack the one that's still awake, otherwise just pick one. have lucca use healing items, have frog use leap slash and have crono use frenzy. beat the first, do the same for the second

Posted by Dr. Rockso

Oh, I've been using Frog and Robo, thats probably why I haven't won.

Posted by Stalolin

i'll golem your sister if you know what i mean

and by that i mean i'll turn your sister into a golem and put a scroll in her mouth that says "kill ***" and see what happens

but yeah, getting the game for christmas

got a neat cd with it too featuring two tracks of the main theme (one's a remix)

don't know if everyone got that or if it was just a black friday thing

Posted by Stalolin

waaaaaaaait wait wait

wiki says that it includes all of the bonus material from the PS rerelease

does this mean it has cinematics too

Posted by Zeta

Yep, has all the animu from the PS version, music player, bestiary, tech list, etc.

Posted by Red

should've been for psp so I could play it :(

Posted by Zeta

There is no good reason to not own a DS.

Posted by Red

DS's are nothing amazing, espcially graphically. however I do kind of agree with you. the only reason I don't have one is because I'm tpp cheap o shell out the ammount of money it would cost for one. that and the fact that I could live eithout one just fine. anyway, I really want to play this again now. I never got around to beating it back when I owned it.

please excuse the typing, I'm using a laptop I'm not used to yet, and don't feeel like fixing the msitakes.

Posted by WillisGreeny

[quote=Red;911181]I could live eithout one just fine.

Didn't realise the PSP was keeping you alive.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Red: DS's are nothing amazing, espcially graphically. however I do kind of agree with you. the only reason I don't have one is because I'm tpp cheap o shell out the ammount of money it would cost for one. that and the fact that I could live eithout one just fine. anyway, I really want to play this again now. I never got around to beating it back when I owned it.

please excuse the typing, I'm using a laptop I'm not used to yet, and don't feeel like fixing the msitakes.

internet video game console argument.

daddy wont give me money for games. daddy give money.

Posted by Klarth

gmae console daddy bought me =better than game console u bought. because i own it. your's is nothing special. ESPECIALY graphicly.

Posted by Klarth

i can live without one JUST FINE.

Posted by Speedfreak

Get a DS and you might not need to play another video game system ever again.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Quoting Red: DS's are nothing amazing, espcially graphically. however I do kind of agree with you. the only reason I don't have one is because I'm tpp cheap o shell out the ammount of money it would cost for one. that and the fact that I could live eithout one just fine. anyway, I really want to play this again now. I never got around to beating it back when I owned it.

DS is cheap, don't be a faglet.

Posted by S

Anyone do the extra dungeon they added to the game? I'm trying to find the Lumicite but I did practically everything there was to do and still can't find it. I think I made the Saint Stone before I was supposed to.

Kind of a note for anyone who is going to play it soon, do the dungeon before you get all the best gear. I decided to prepare for it by doing every side-quest before it, so I only really benefited by two or three items altogether.

Posted by sonic hedgehog

you steal lucimite from certain stone-shaped enemies. I think they're in the mountains area, not sure which time though.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Rubbles?

Posted by sonic hedgehog

think so, it should be in your beastiary. They appear in the mountains west of the area south of the main village