Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Crystal Bearers still in development...

Posted by Prince Shondronai

So speaks Squenix:

http://gonintendo.com/?p=62949

Good news, to be sure. Here's hoping for a 2009 release to go along with all of the other great games coming for the Wii next year.

Posted by Linko_16

It's been off my radar for a while anyway. I'm happy to wait for it. Just, you know, it better not suck.

Posted by WillisGreeny

I hope it comes out AFTER finals...I hate it when games come out just before finals week, when I actually have to study.

Posted by Speedfreak

I can't wait to have my third worthwhile Wii game.

Posted by Zeta

OH HAY FINALLY SOME GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE

[youtube=HKeIm_gYmMk&fmt=18]HKeIm_gYmMk&fmt=18[/youtube]

I see Yukes. This pleases me.

Posted by Speedfreak

Holy crap it's like Final Fantasy: The Game.

Posted by Zeta

I didn't give a **** about this because it looked nothing like the original Crystal Chronicles, but after seeing this video I'm really looking forward to it.

Posted by coromoro

Huh, this actually looks good. By the way, Speedy, what are the other two?

Posted by Speedfreak

Fire Emblem annnnnd...can't remember. I may have changed my mind and decided it sucked or it may have been a game that's not out yet.

Posted by Linko_16

Overabundance of humes and other races only in supporting roles? Le sigh.

Other than that, it looks pretty great. Hope it lives up to the flashy appearance.

Posted by coromoro

Quoting Speedfreak: Fire Emblem annnnnd...can't remember. I may have changed my mind and decided it sucked or it may have been a game that's not out yet.

You remind me of [url=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation]Yahtzee[/url], the game reviewer. He dislikes 99% of games. Have you seen his videos? They're hilarious.

Posted by S

Speedfreak IS Yahtzee.

Posted by coromoro

That explains it! :cool:

Posted by Speedfreak

Yahtzee doesn't have any real rhyme or reason to his criticism, he just tries to make fun of everything. I'm at least somewhat consistent.

Right. He'll proceed to rip a game to shreds and then at the end of his review he'll say "Overall I enjoyed the game but don't ****ing expect to ****ing do so yourself after I've pointed out these ****ing issues that'll glare at you now that they're in your conscious mind to ****ing do so."

Posted by maian

Quoting Zeta: I didn't give a **** about this because it looked nothing like the original Crystal Chronicles, but after seeing this video I'm really looking forward to it.

Good thing the original FFCC sucked. :cool:

Posted by coromoro

I kinda liked it. Once you actually got all the Game Boys hooked up and had some people to play with, it was quite an enjoyable experience. But yeah, the idea was a huge bother, and I am glad they're changing it up.

Posted by Linko_16

Yeah, I agree with coro - really great game, really crappy way to have to play it. I was lucky enough to have two other people to play it with and GBA's and connection cables for all, so I got to experience it, and real-time multiplayer RPG party dynamics were a blast, rivaling that of the Tales games. If I ever get one more friend with the right equipment, maybe I can muscle everyone into trying Four Swords!

Posted by Zeta

Quoting maian: Good thing the original FFCC sucked. :cool:

I will destroy you.

Posted by maian

Actually, I did enjoy it. I only rented it, but I remembered enjoying it quite a bit. I guess the thing that turned it sour for me was that, somehow, it glitched up and made it impossible tro end my quest.

All I vaguely remember is that there were seasons or something, and those affected what areas you could visit. I remember going to some desert level on an island, and somehow, SOMEHOW, all the conditions that were in the mix when I arrived literally made it IMPOSSIBLE for me to EVER leave that island. And then I had to restart. And then I quit playing it because I had to restart. :cookie:

Posted by Zeta

Haha, the desert level is where you get the chalice element that lets you pass through any miasma barrier no matter what its element is..

Posted by ExoXile

Looks extremely sexy.
Can't wait, ever since they announced it I have been crying for it. :(

Oh and also, I like how when I said FF:CC was a pretty awesome game everyone disagreed and ****, and now all of a sudden it's to everyone's liking.

Pffffffffffft.

Posted by maian

I was also like, 13 or something and didn't know to beat the desert level. :cool:

BUT STILL

I'm actually pretty excited for this one, because it pretty much seems like they're taking everything from CC that was cool, and combining it with everything else that's cool in Final Fantasy.

cool

Posted by coromoro

Quoting ExoXile: Oh and also, I like how when I said FF:CC was a pretty awesome game everyone disagreed and ****, and now all of a sudden it's to everyone's liking.

Pffffffffffft.

I wouldn't call it an awesome game. That's probably the reason everyone disagreed with you. Zeta, judging by what he said, is pretty much the only one who seems to really love the game.

So yeah, stop trying to make it seem like we all oppose you.

Posted by ExoXile

Your post just proved my point.
Mr XileOpposer.

Posted by coromoro

Yeah, as I was typing that post up I was hoping you wouldn't point out or notice the irony... Oh well.

Posted by WillisGreeny

It is possible to like games that aren't awesome, isn't it?

Posted by ExoXile

..Yes...?
Most of you were bashing the game and me for playing it, to no end.
Sheesh.

Posted by WillisGreeny

well, you probably deserved it.

Posted by ExoXile

I don't know what's with you Willis, you used to be cool. :(

Posted by WillisGreeny

I was never cool. I'm just saying you probably ****ed people off elsewhere.

Posted by ExoXile

No you used to be cool.
Nice guy etc, guess DA got the best of you. :(

Posted by coromoro

Yeah, Iron Koala has changed a bit. Maybe he's more confident now or something.

Posted by WillisGreeny

I've just been using a tougher exterior just to see how it's like; just a phase. I'm still that fuzzy wuzzy nice guy inside, so don't fret. and shame on you Exo for letting people double/triple team you. Embrace your taste. :)

Posted by Zeta

http://www.thecrystalbearers.com/

Official site is up. The more hits it gets, the more stuff they'll put on it.

Or something like that.

Sweet! Chocobo riding!