Mega Man 3

Posted by Breakman

[center][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/BreakmanDX/mm3-front.jpg[/IMG][/center]

MM3 just came out on virtual console. It's my favorite game of all time, ever, period. It's the best Mega Man game ever created (in my opinion). It has the ***ly 'completely free movement' Rush Jet--heck, it INTRODUCED the adorable Rush and the suave, mysterious Proto Man (aka break man >:3) and it has the BY FAR COOLEST PART OF ANY MEGA MAN GAME EVER IN HISTORY, THE DOC ROBOTS (going back to the ruins of stages you've already completed and beating the crap out of the 'ghosts' of the Masters from MM2).

Oh, and it has like the best music of any video game ever. I could listen to the title theme alone for hours.

please buy many thanx

you can even play it like the old days with the wiimote on its side |3

Posted by Linko_16

I always figured Break Man was a fake that Wily created after Proto Man was all "**** this ****" and flew the coop.

I mean, come on, it's not like it's just a mask, the whole face is different.

Posted by Breakman

it's actually been a debate in the megaman community sadly XP

in a way it doesn't make sense for it to be protoman since he DIDN'T WEAR the mask until that one fight so you ALREADY SAW his face so what's the point; and like you said, even the face is different, the 'shades' area atop the facemask looks more like a Sniper Joe cyclops eye than Protoman's shades. And you fight him just before Wily's castle as if he's 'guarding the entrance'. Maybe a fake Wily created to try and fool Megaman into believing he really was a bad guy after all; who knows.

I've always kind of played by him being Breakman though, like, after escaping the lab he used the mask and the new label to avoid identification or something while he was out doing ***-knows-what. But again, why'd he only wear the mask that one time?

Either way, it makes for a phat username.

Posted by WillisGreeny

I had thought Proto was trying to stop Megaman and Wily from fighting each other, but who knows!!!

I love MM3.

Posted by addison

A very interesting and good (yet unknown) game is Gitaroo Man Lives. It's got very unique gameplay, but don't mind the bad dubbing.

Posted by ZEN

The debut of Rush and the sliding move. Great game.
I like Gemini Man's level for the parallax background scrolling and use of the Rushmarine on the water parts.

Quoting Breakman: Oh, and it has like the best music of any video game ever. I could listen to the title theme alone for hours.

[url=http://zhxhome.net/zen/Mega_Man_3.zip]Mega Man 3 NES soundtrack (in stereo)!!![/url]

Posted by WillisGreeny

For me, it's really all about the music. Shadow Man's, Snake Man's, and Top Man's music pretty much converted my music tastes over night.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

I wonder if the cooler second player controller tricks work on the virtual console.

On the NES (for those who don't know), when playing MM3, if you hold right on the second player d-pad, you can fall down holes without dying and you can jump really high. If you do this trick and fall down a hole at the right time, you can become invincible for the remainder of the level. If you hold up on the 2P d-pad, it puts the game in slow-motion of sorts.

This trick does not work on the Gamecube or PS2 versions found on the Mega Man Anniversary collection.

As I recall, MM3 was the last great NES MM game. 4 was too similar, with very little new stuff, except the charging of the Megabuster (which we always called "P"). And 5 and 6 also brought very little original things to the table.

Interesting Mega Man 3 tidbit:

In Phoenix, AZ at a mall, there was a store called Captron. You could play video games for free on actual consoles. There was always long lines, though. My brothers and I were at Captron one day, playing some games. Mega Man 2 had just been released. There were a few guys who worked for Capcom in the store that day, talking to gamers and asking for their feedback. My older brother Jason told one of those guys that in the next Mega Man game, they should make a Snake Man.

Neat, huh?

Posted by WillisGreeny

If that story is true, then that's fukken awesome.

However, I doubt it is.

Capcom using fan suggestion? AHhahahaAa

Posted by Breakman

Quoting Iron Koala:

You know all the Robot Masters for all the, at least classic, Mega Man games (with the exception of 1 and I believe 9) are fan-made, right?

They hold contests for robot designs, some of which even end up as regular enemies. Generally the Capcom team will edit the original art to various extents but each Master is creditted to the kid who designed it in the credits--that's what all those names next to the Masters in all the endings mean.

In Mega Man 6, the contest was even offered in America as well via a Nintendo Power monthly challenge. Wind Man and Knight Man ended up going in as the two only American-designed Robot Masters in the history of the franchise.

I'd say things like Fei's brother's suggestion actually do sway things, too; there was probably a 'Snake Man' already designed by some kid in Japan, but enough input like that actually caused it to go into the game. Like with the artbooks and ending that came with Mega Man 8, you can tell there were several different two-headed robots that ended up becoming Search Man, several sword-wielding robots that became Sword Man, etc.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Ah ****, I forgot about that... Ok, I'll mark it down as plausable, but highly unlikely.

Posted by Stalolin

**** doc robot

Posted by ☆Ezhno☆

I remember Linko and I and our older brother were over at our Aunt and Uncles house in Ohio one night and we stayed up late into the night playing Mega Man 3. We managed to get to the Doc Robot stages and then were just too tired to continue so we left the system on and turned off the TV for the morning.

But someone turned off the NES at some point in the morning and we lost all our progress. It probably wouldn't be a huge deal to anyone anymore but I remember at the time it was like "OH **** NO YOU DIDN'T D:"

Posted by Linko_16

That just reminds me of the time I was playing something on NES and you, for *** knows what reason, pressed the Power button, but didn't release, so it didn't reset. So I was like, "YOU ARE GOING TO SIT THERE AND HOLD THAT DOWN UNTIL I AM DONE."

Posted by ☆Ezhno☆

It was Mega Man 1 and I did sit there and hold it I think until you ran out of lives fighting Wily.

Posted by Screenname

sparkman has the best music

Posted by WillisGreeny

I do not agree. My vote is on Snakeman's theme.

Posted by Proto Man

My mom bought me the Tiger handheld version of Mega Man 3 at a garage sale when I was about 4 years old. Never really beat it though, but it was a blast to play. I wish I still had it :(

I know I played a bunch of Mega Man games at a friend's house once, but I don't know if 3 was one of them. I ended up owning (picked it up at a garage sale), playing, and beating the NES version of 3 back in 2002. I agree that it is the best of them all! As you can tell, the character Proto Man is one of my top favorites when it comes to video game characters.

Quoting Fei-on Castor: This trick does not work on the Gamecube or PS2 versions found on the Mega Man Anniversary collection.

That's because they are inferior... I refuse to own MMAC, I rather track down each game individually. I could go on and on... :mad:

Quoting Feion-Castor: Neat, huh?

Indeed!

Quoting Iron Koala: I do not agree. My vote is on Snakeman's theme.

I second that motion! In fact I have the Snake Man theme as my ringtone! :cool:

Now concerning the whole Breakman thing, I believe it IS Proto Man under a disguise.

[QUOTE=Wikipedia]Proto Man (ブルース, Burūsu?, Blues) is the early prototype of Mega Man that made his first appearance in Mega Man 3, under the name of Break Man to help train Mega Man by fighting him.

Also check this out:

http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Break_Man

Now you can take those or leave them, but if you actually look at the HARD facts it makes sense. When you face Break Man in the end, Proto Man's whistle plays. Now we see a fake Proto Man later on in Mega Man 5 who ended up being Dark Man 4 in disguise to frame Proto Man. When the whistle plays, it is off key. The whistle for Break Man is NOT off key.

So why is there only a mask in the end of the game? Who knows. Maybe it was a mistake, it's hard to tell officially. Just because you fight him right before you fight Wily doesn't make any difference IMO. In Kirby's Adventure, you fight Meta Knight before you go onto DeeDeeDee and Nightmare.

Posted by NES MASTER

hard man level is the easiest especially with the dissapearing enemys glitch i have both the nes cartridge and the game on virtual console

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting WillisGreeny: If that story is true, then that's fukken awesome.

However, I doubt it is.

The guys from Capcom were in the store that day asking gamers what they thought of Megaman 2. They were only looking for feedback on the game, presumably to use when developing Megaman 3. I can't say that our recommendation of Snake Man was the reason he was in MM3. It's mostly just a cool coincidence.

[quote]sparkman has the best music
Spark Man has cool music, but I think the first Wily level in MM2 has the best music. Either that, or the opening to MM3.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Proto Man: When you face Break Man in the end, Proto Man's whistle plays. Now we see a fake Proto Man later on in Mega Man 5 who ended up being Dark Man 4 in disguise to frame Proto Man. When the whistle plays, it is off key. The whistle for Break Man is NOT off key.

Okay, it's not like they were thinking that far ahead when they made Mega Man 3, saying "HEY MAYBE A COUPLE GAMES LATER WE CAN HAVE A FAKE PROTO MAN WHOSE WHISTLE IS OFF-KEY, WE BETTER MAKE SURE NOT TO DO THAT THIS TIME SO IT WILL PROVE BREAK MAN IS REALLY PROTOMAN." Something like Break Man's whistle not being off-key isn't very solid evidence one way or the other.

Posted by Supermario

Mega Man 3 is a great game. I don't think I can pick one song as my favorite.:cool:

The Break Man, Proto Man connection is interesting. I think it's easy to notice that it's Proto Man in descise. I never really fully understood the story behind Proto Man. Sometimes he is a bad guy, yet sometimes he is good?

Posted by Enviscity

Quoting Fei-on Castor: I wonder if the cooler second player controller tricks work on the virtual console.

On the NES (for those who don't know), when playing MM3, if you hold right on the second player d-pad, you can fall down holes without dying and you can jump really high. If you do this trick and fall down a hole at the right time, you can become invincible for the remainder of the level. If you hold up on the 2P d-pad, it puts the game in slow-motion of sorts.

This trick does not work on the Gamecube or PS2 versions found on the Mega Man Anniversary collection.

As I recall, MM3 was the last great NES MM game. 4 was too similar, with very little new stuff, except the charging of the Megabuster (which we always called "P"). And 5 and 6 also brought very little original things to the table.

Interesting Mega Man 3 tidbit:

In Phoenix, AZ at a mall, there was a store called Captron. You could play video games for free on actual consoles. There was always long lines, though. My brothers and I were at Captron one day, playing some games. Mega Man 2 had just been released. There were a few guys who worked for Capcom in the store that day, talking to gamers and asking for their feedback. My older brother Jason told one of those guys that in the next Mega Man game, they should make a Snake Man.

Neat, huh?

Haha. Sweet.