Teh Pwnage

Posted by Strike

Click it - [URL="http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3003/3023925537_e918404973.jpg?v=0"]Strike Pwns All[/URL]

And yes, that's a challenge.

Posted by PaintItBlack

Ok, i'm going to use some video game inspiration for my post here, i hope its up to par. I hope you've played legend of dragoon, because then your vision of albert will be as clear as mine.

IC:

He paced along the stone corridor of parapets feeling trapped, helplessly trapped in his own castle. His kingdom was soon to be at war. They would send a vanguard. He did not feel safe. The kind of assassins that are out there, they would all be out for hire and certainly his enemies had put a large bounty on his head. To bring them King Albert's head and conquer a kingdom with nary an innocent victim? And more importantly, without all the debt that piles up from war. There would not be a frontal assualt. They would send someone.

Albert rattled his spear against the stone, gazing out over the town from his high walls. The wind whipped his green cape violently as it spiraled down from the towers. This is where he would be found. This is where he would fight.

Posted by Strike

OOC: While I would love to battle you and I'm really looking forward to it; Strike is an angel, and more likely to show up in order to save or protect Albert than to try for any bounties on his head. =) Sorry I'm not trying to be difficult for no reason, it's just hard to have my character attack someone in that kind of situation. It's not what I would do, or what my character would do, so I can't manage to write it. Lol.

Posted by PaintItBlack

How about we say that Albert is actually an evil imposter king whose machinations have actually set this war in motion. He has arranged a propaganda campaign against the opposing kingdom to gain domestic support, but all intelligence outside of Basil (His kingdom) points to him as an evil dictator who plans to use the aggressor nation's attack as a means to launch his own campaign of world domination. He knows that his enemy is a righteous and religious one, and will have the assistance of Angels (ie Strike) in their fight.

eh?

Posted by Strike

Quoting PaintItBlack: How about we say that Albert is actually an evil imposter king whose machinations have actually set this war in motion. He has arranged a propaganda campaign against the opposing kingdom to gain domestic support, but all intelligence outside of Basil (His kingdom) points to him as an evil dictator who plans to use the aggressor nation's attack as a means to launch his own campaign of world domination. He knows that his enemy is a righteous and religious one, and will have the assistance of Angels (ie Strike) in their fight.

eh?

That'll work. =)

I'll have a reply up this evening.

Posted by PaintItBlack

awesome. my goal with this is not to rely on a cache of my old character's techniques and tendencies or create too strict of a setting/storyline for the battle to unfold. which is why i haven't described the castle or the surrounding town too much, and why i plan to deviate tremendously from the stock characteristics that Albert lends me. i want to encourage a wide open, creative battle. essentially, my character is wind elemental with a spear and the battlefield is a typical rpg style castle (complete with epic dungeon). i'm looking forward to continuing this.

edit: i had also just started a brief character profile, but navigated away from the page and lost all my progress. i should have one up by the time this battle gets well under way.

Posted by Strike

Hmm... well Strike is more traditional sim-battle than RPG. (In other words, he's ridiculously over-powered in order to face the likes of EF and Nid, etc, etc.) As a character I think he's more well-placed to fight Ace in the other open challenge you posted. I'll leave the decision to you; I can fight you with Strike there, or one of my severely underdeveloped RPGish side-characters here.

Posted by PaintItBlack

yeah that sounds like a good idea actually. i just want to fight