Morrowind thread

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

:eek:

Posted by #061402

I am. Have had a copy put aside for me since this summer. Could arrive tomorrow, if I'm really lucky.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

**** that **** FALL. OUT. ******.

Posted by Ant

I was thinking about it. Never played the first, but from what I've seen/heard it's just like gears 1 with some improvements.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

I never played the first either, and same thing I'm hearing. I figure just skip the first one and head to the game play, maybe I'll find it as addicting as cod4!

Posted by #061402

Quoting The X: **** that **** FALL. OUT. ******.

I've already put 45 hours into the first guy I made in Fallout.. Still not seen everything. :( I figure it'll become like Oblivion, one of those games you can return to and keep exploring endlessly.

But, I quite liked GoW. Bit short on the story, but overall I liked it. Had a really good feel to it, especially when you had a pal (Computer-controlled, mind you. Only gamer friend I have is Exo, and he's a fag when it comes to playing GoW. :( ) following you around and randomly chainsawing enemies to pieces.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Dude, get Rainbow. :@

maybe we should get fallout

Posted by Dexter

I think Gears 2 would be more enjoyable if you've already played the origional and have that historic, epic feeling already behind it. It should be fun either way. I'm certainly getting it. The original was worth it.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Ant;898337]I was thinking about it. Never played the first, but from what I've seen/heard it's just like gears 1 with some improvements.
DEEP STORY

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

I may get rainbow, I'm trading a few games to get gears, and rainbow shouldn't be too expensive now right :cool:

I don't think it's gone down. Not here, anyways.

Posted by #061402

Should only be five-six hours or so until it arrives in my mailbox. =D

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I'm getting it tomorrow sometime. It's exactly like the first, just better and fixed, which is all you really want from Gears. What do you expect from a sequel

Posted by Ant

you know what? I will get it.

have like 150 bucks in walmart gift cards, why not.

Posted by #061402

It has arrived, and I will now proceed to play it. =) See ya guys.

Some co-op needs to be set up

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

gotta finish fallout 3 then play far cry 2 then do another run of fallout 3 then buy mirror's edge before i play it

by which time gears 3 will be out

For Far Cry, just before you get to the end close your eyes and mute the TV, and then five minutes later open them again. You'll be happy you did.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

all game endings suck

I'm just going to spoil it. It's not a big deal so don't worry.

So, you get to the end and you're told to pick up a briefcase full of diamonds so you can follow through with this plan. You show up at an airstrip and you see one of your buddies standing there all happy and proud and he's like WE DID IT and then ANOTHER buddy's all "just kill him" and then suddenly every ****ing buddy you rescued comes out of no where and starts shooting at you.

These are guys that have helped and protected you the entire time and then suddenly they're all trying to kill you. And I mean all. This one chick I had to execute with my pistol because she was dying was suddenly back alive shooting at me.

And the only reason it gives was one guy saying "he's one of them."

It confused the **** out of me and really ruined the experience. The rest though is pretty good and the Jackal is actually a cool character.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

thankfully that made no sense to me at all

Buddies are the people you collect and rescue you when you get too injured and otherwise help you plan missions and give you ****.

So basically they're your best friends. Who end up trying to kill you for no reason. And who come back to life.

Posted by Ant

****ty game. don't waste your money on it THE X

Far Cry? It was pretty great actually. Took me about 40 hours to complete and I enjoyed 38 of those hours.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

oops, already bought it last week bro

Oh, and you kill yourself at the end. You can either blow yourself up with a huge *** explosive or shoot yourself with a deagle. I was satisfied.

Mainly because you were dying of malaria anyways.

Posted by Ant

buy earthbound

great game

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;899059]Oh, and you kill yourself at the end. You can either blow yourself up with a huge *** explosive or shoot yourself with a deagle. I was satisfied.

Mainly because you were dying of malaria anyways.just like FO3, then

WHAT? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

you sacrifice yourself to save the wasteland by deactivating the purifier while there's huge radiation being let off

even though your partner, a super mutant, is standing right there (super mutants are healed by rads)

haha, it's the exact same ending. Wow.

Posted by #061402

Quoting The X: you sacrifice yourself to save the wasteland by deactivating the purifier while there's huge radiation being let off

even though your partner, a super mutant, is standing right there (super mutants are healed by rads)

I thought the Ghouls were healed by rads, while super mutants just had a high resistance against that ****?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

whatever, all that matters is that fawkes could have entered the purity code and i'd still be alive

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

might play FO1 again

the intro still pwns

[youtube=WkBNKa2KXZE]WkBNKa2KXZE[/youtube]

Gonna go play Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel, guys!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck doooooooont

they made the vault dweller into a wizard

too late, played it when it came out. Still own it.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

is that the only FO game you've played?

Played FO1, didn't finish FO2, and recently played Tactics.

FO2 sucked, so I lost interest pretty quick.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

FO2 starts you off way too stupid

Wasn't even that I don't think. Can't remember what it was but I got to a certain point and thought, yeah, that's enough, and never played it again.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

there's a couple of times where you can unknowingly lose out on playing the main quest, it sucks in that respect

FO3 > FO1 > FO2 > Tactics > BoS

Tactics was better than FO2 if you ask me. Though, that might have to do with my actually finishing that game but still.

And ****, I really gotta start up FO3. jesus

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

goty, i'm certain of it

first time this year i've been trying to prolong a game's length and made out-loud noises when stuff happened

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

actually, i made a lot of 'WOOP' and 'YES' noises while playing GTAIV

but this is better

Quoted post: goty, i'm certain of it

Not going to happen. I can just feel it.

And I prolong all of my games. Gears would've lasted me another week if I didn't want to unlock Insane quick.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

personal goty*

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

1. fallout 3
2. gtaiv
3. super smash bros brawl
4. ninja gaiden 2
5. apollo justice

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

subject to change once i get all the WINTER BLOCKBUSTERS

****, I need to finish Ninja Gaiden 2. Greatest gaming shame right now.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

that **** was p. easy, i got about 3/4 into warrior difficulty before getting sick of that amazon level

Yeah, I really wanted to finish it too. But I got mega sidetracked and it's really hard to get back into an old game when there's a steady flow of new games. Pretty annoyed that I just didn't delay all my other games until I finished it. Though, if I didn't learn my lesson from that, I likely would've never had a chance to finish Far Cry. So it all works out I guess.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

what are you doing playing gears 2 while there's fallout 3 to be played, scrub

I'm putting off Fallout 3 so I can sink every waking hour into it without having to worry about any other games.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

play both at one time

That's just stupid. Those types of games can ONLY be played one at a time.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

like, literally at the same time

Should be doable. Install gears to my drive (when that **** comes out,) plug that into my old box, then play fallout on my new box... yeah. Totally doable.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

thats how pro gamers do

when is NXE out anyway, like next week or some ****?

19th I think. Epic already put out NXE themes. One's free.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

i'm gonna miss my vault boy av on xbl :(

pretty sure they still have those

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

So yea gears :)

so yeah I was playing Morrowind the other day. ***awful load times but seems pretty fun! I can see melee combat being a pain in the ***, though.

Posted by #061402

Hey, I was playing Morrowind just a few minutes ago. :)

:cool:

Posted by Slade

It's pretty much my main thing right now. Gotta finish up other stuff to go play Morrowind.

:cool:

should be playing oblivion. better game.

After!

Before. And then not play morrowind and then just pick up fallout.

Posted by Slade

Does Oblivion have all the same literature as Morrowind in-game? If not, then it's not worth skipping morrowind for.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

yep

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

FO3 doesn't have books though, but it doesnt matter because the terminals and newspapers own

I kinda want Fallout. Looks pretty coo

Posted by Slade

hurr durr other sources say they reuse SOME but not all of the literature from morrowind.

doesn't matter anyways, #1 reason i'm playin morrowind is cuz I'm poor and it was cheap aww hell yea

Quoted post: FO3 doesn't have books though, but it doesnt matter because the terminals and newspapers own

Wait, Fallout has books. What?

Quoted post: hurr durr other sources say they reuse SOME but not all of the literature from morrowind.

Which I thought was a pretty clever way of cutting corners. Don't have to write as many books and it makes sense because it's the same continent.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;902985]Wait, Fallout has books. What?not ones that are readable like oblivion

Oh, thought you meant in general.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

nah, books you can read

Posted by cool gamer dad

ahahaha

heehee

Posted by David M. Awesome

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;902408]should be playing oblivion. better game.

The only things better about Oblivion are the graphics and the combat. :\

[quote=Slade;902743]Does Oblivion have all the same literature as Morrowind in-game? If not, then it's not worth skipping morrowind for.

If you're at all interested in having a decent storyline or plot or character interactions, Morrowind is the superior game. If you're only in it to hit things with a sword, you'll like Oblivion more.

Quoted post: The only things better about Oblivion are the graphics and the combat. :\

And the side quests. Morrowind is only better in terms of main quest.