Why shouldn't I get Fallout

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

legit reasons. What is it like, etc.

Posted by Ant

I got it. I like it.

basically what everyone elses reason is going to be.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

what's fallout?

Posted by Ant

this **** that happens after a nuclear war.

pretty cool

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

get it if you like:
- oblivion
- shottan
- games where your choices actually have an effect
- old guns (a lot of COD2 guns are in FO3)
- retro-futurism
- playing games more than once in different ways
- walking through huge worlds just taking in the virtual scenery
- fallout 1 or 2

dont get it if you hate:
- really stupid animations
- glitches or weird **** happening every once in a while
- games

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting The X: get it if you like:
- oblivion
- shottan
- games where your choices actually have an effect
- old guns (a lot of COD2 guns are in FO3)
- retro-futurism
- playing games more than once in different ways
- walking through huge worlds just taking in the virtual scenery
- fallout 1 or 2

dont get it if you hate:
- really stupid animations
- glitches or weird **** happening every once in a while
- games

oblivion ****ing sucked.

Ive watched my roommate play it some, doesnt seem too interesting. Seems retarded to just pick a body part from a list and have a percentage chance to hit it. just let me aim ffs.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Seems retarded to just pick a body part from a list and have a percentage chance to hit it. just let me aim ffs.

Haha, this guy. Matt Miller isn't allowed to talk about games anymore.

anywho:

http://www.gamestats.com/objects/882/882301/
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/fallout3

Posted by Slade

Quoted post: Why should I get Fallout

matt miller doesn't think you should

Which means you should.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Probably true.

Posted by #061402

It's all good until you reach the max level and wander the Wastes and get ganged up upon by all kinds of enemies at once. But the only real drawback that annoyed me a bit was how the ranged enemies could hit you from a mile away.

And for the love of *** don't let the Fire Ants get near you. You won't see **** when they start attacking.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Lord of Spam;898182]just let me aim ffs.you can do that too

jesus christ the army has made you dumb

so like, 100+ hours gameplay? someone post a cool vid

Posted by Dexter

Spammy used to play Oblivion a bunch. Military changed you! I don't know who you are anymore.

I've never played the games before. Vampy, you think I'll like it?

Posted by #061402

Quoting Angelwing: so like, 100+ hours gameplay? someone post a cool vid

If you go for everything in the game, most likely. And Bethesda have already made it clear that they intend to add DLC in the future.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

let me sum it up for you

this afternoon i took all the whiskey, vodka, jet and buffout i had on my me and consumed it all at one time. i then busted out my portal nuke launcher and laid waste to an entire city in a drunken rage. IN SLOW MO.

wow, that is quite amazing

Think I might get Oblivion first, though. Wait till they fix the big Fallout bugs.

y/n

oh shi forgot about Morrowind

Posted by #061402

You should get Morrowind first. Then Oblivion. Then Fallout. A minor time lapse between Oblivion and Fallout, but it's all good.

Posted by Dexter

Oblivion will be boring right after Morrowind. Oblivion's just an update, so only get that one. This girl doesn't have the motivation to play so much so we gotta keep it down to the essentials. She needs World at War.

Posted by #061402

Aha, well, that can certainly be a limit. Well, yeah. Oblivion looks better, but Morrowind has a better feel to it. It's one of those games you play and feel really good about playing. On the other hand, Oblivion has horses. But it's pretty annoying to have those **** Oblivion gates pop up everywhere.

Posted by Dexter

I was definitely more into Morrowind than Oblivion, but that's 'cause I played Morrowind first and it was the first of its kind for me, making it fresh and rewarding, while Oblivion was more of the same only better.

Posted by cool gamer dad

if anything playing Morrowind first made my Oblivion experience more hecka awesome

hecka

Posted by cool gamer dad

but yeah, get them all. couldn't imagine anyone NOT enjoying Fallout.

at least until you reach the level cap. on second thought, but it on hold until the DLC comes out.

Posted by Slade

What exactly is the DLC gonna be?

Posted by cool gamer dad

more quests and **** to do. similar to the Oblivion DLC I guess. that and possibly something that will raise the level cap from 20. substantially i hope. 3:

Quoted post: Spammy used to play Oblivion a bunch. Military changed you! I don't know who you are anymore.

I've never played the games before. Vampy, you think I'll like it?

LoS didn't like Oblivion before the army. Something happened and he just started raging on it.

And Fallout3 doesn't have a whole lot to do with the other games, so it doesn't matter if you've played 'em or not. You'll like it.

Quoted post: What exactly is the DLC gonna be?

Oblivion **** plus more levels and perks. Guaranteed.

and for the love of *** just skip morrowind. Not that it's bad, but it's totally unnecessary to play both and Oblivion is better.

I'm totally playing Morrowind. So is cats. Mainly cause I have it.

Or you could send me Oblivion to borrow. Then I wouldn't have to put myself through that.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

morrowind has a lot of more dope **** you can do but oblivion is better somehow, i cant explain it

Posted by #061402

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: And Fallout3 doesn't have a whole lot to do with the other games, so it doesn't matter if you've played 'em or not. You'll like it.

Except for FEV. Had no idea what that **** was until I looked it up.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

the game doesn't really explain the enclave all that well either, except that they believe they're the modern-day US government

Posted by Shade

I'm not getting until I get confirmation that the level cap will be raised

do the same

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

you're pretty ****ing stupid

Posted by #061402

Well, it does get pretty boring after you hit the level cap.. Feels better working towards a goal (which, in my case, is always getting stronger) than just doing quests.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Shade: I'm not getting until I get confirmation that the level cap will be raised

do the same

Better idea: Get the game, play it, and eventually the cap will be raised. And hey, you got to play Fallout 3!

Huzzah.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=#061402;899315]Well, it does get pretty boring after you hit the level cap.. Feels better working towards a goal (which, in my case, is always getting stronger) than just doing quests.if that was the case why would you play COD4 or any other game without levels n ****

Posted by Shade

online levels.

and wacky idea here but maybe he was referring to only rpg's

Posted by #061402

Yeah, referring to rpg's. There you get stronger by attaining higher levels, in any shooter you just find new, more powerful weapons.

All is well.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

did you stop playing pok

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

honestly, being l20 in FO3 hasnt bothered me much, kinda owns to have 100 medicine, speech, lockpick, small guns, sneak and science

though i hear energy weps are a must in the endgame

Posted by Shade

20 is 100 divided by 5

that's 5 times as many levels you get for that charizard

20 times 5 equals 100

Posted by #061402

[QUOTE=The X;899394]did you stop playing pok

Quoted post: I'm not getting until I get confirmation that the level cap will be raised

You do realise they have a level cap JUST so they can raise it right? Not only will it give them more money, but it'll give them more sales because of the name getting out there again and due to a resurgence of interest.

And I got my Oblivion character maxed pretty ****ing quick. Did all of Shiver Isles maxed and I was fine with that. Never really saw that as the main goal of an RPG anyways, leveling up.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

I feel guilty playing this game for free

I feel like buying it, just... just that guilty :(

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

FO3? definitely a buy

i am not jealous

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

[quote=The X;909399]FO3? definitely a buy

After I play through it once, I'll consider the amount of time I have and if I could play it again. If I play a second time, I'll get it for the bawks instead of playing it on the computer. Though, I've never wanted to go home so bad to play a game. *** it feels gooooood.

Posted by IPwnN00bs117

hard to say. unless you don't have oblivion. basically the same game w/ minor changes.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

thanks

Posted by IPwnN00bs117

you're welcome???

yes THANK YOU

Quoted post: basically the same game w/ minor changes.

beyond the basic mechanics the changes are pretty major. Minor would be Morrowind to Oblivion.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=IPwnN00bs117;909440]hard to say. unless you don't have oblivion. basically the same game w/ minor changes.they are nothing alike bar the engine

****ing hell, you're a shameful 360 gamer

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

I'm buying the game after work later. First pirate game on the pc :cool2: too bad I want the hardcopy for updates.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting IPwnN00bs117: hard to say. unless you don't have oblivion. basically the same game w/ minor changes.

change 1: mudcrabs replaced with molerats
change 2: no patrick stewart

think that's about it

well since cats apparently is not sending me my christmas gift i guess i'll have to go out and buy this. do you think it will go down in price anytime soon or should i just get it now?

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

May not? I think it has 2 more updates coming out for it, so it may be at that price for a bit longer? What is this used anyway :-x, also, any sites have deals on this... I think amazon had it once for 40. I don't know, all games seem so overpriced, I'd be more inclined to buy games new they didn't cost my virginity every time :(

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

[quote=Angelwing;932472]well since cats apparently is not sending me my christmas gift i guess i'll have to go out and buy this. do you think it will go down in price anytime soon or should i just get it now?

oh **** internet fight

well if it's $70 new then it'll be $65 used. if it's $60 new then $55 used. dunno about over there, might be cheaper. **** canada

Posted by Ant

60 new.

but idk, could stand to wait.

you are probably the only person going to say that

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

at this point, I'd say it wouldn't hurt to wait either, with ant on this one :-x

price prob won't drop for a few years. sweet

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

good wait

yes