VGC Brawl Tournament: Elitist Clan Tourney!

Posted by Iris

[CENTER].:Elitist Clan Tourney:.

Prizes

Yeah, some one should get on that.

Rules[/CENTER]

1. All characters are allowed
2. All items are turned off
3. 3 stocks matches, no time limit.
4. Best 2 of 3 matches, 3 of 5 once one team has only one player left.
5. Stages can only be selected once per set.
6. Legal stages: Battlefield, Final Destination, Delfino Plaza, Yoshi's Island (Brawl), Lylat Cruise, Battleship Halberd, Frigate Orpheon, Castle Siege, Smashville, and Luigi's Mansion.
7. This tournament will be played on a character counterpick basis, but it will not be match exclusive. This means that for every match a player wins with one character, they must lose a match before they are allowed to change characters. This will carry over for the entire clan v clan portion of the tournament. For example, if you win your first set with Samus in just two matches, you must continue to play as Samus in future matches until you lose on of your matches in a set.

[CENTER]The process of making the clans is simple. Once all entrants have registered, we will hold a poll, allowing for the entrants to vote in captains. Once captains are decided, the winner of a coin toss shall receive first pick for clan members. Captains can only pick one entrant at a time and each clan must have an even number of members. If I feel the teams are unbalanced then I will make modifications, but it shouldn't be an issue. Captains will choose their team name.

Once clans are decided the tournament will begin. Matches are subject to captain's discretion. The winner of the previous coin toss must submit a teammate (can be themselves) to participate in the first match. The opposing team's captain can then choose the teammate they'd like to face the opponent. Winner remains in the competition while the loser can no longer participate. The winning team must then submit another player to face the other team, and the losing team can choose who they would like to face the selected opponent (the same teammate can not be picked twice until all other teammates have fought). Once one team has only one member left, the matches against that member will turn to best of 5. Remember, captains can participate at any point, and even if eliminated, they remain captain and choose which team member fights.

At the end of the clan vs. clan portion of the tournament, a small round-robin tournament will ensue for the remaining players of the winning team. Matches will be best of 5 here as well, since I imagine the participants will be few.

Entrants[/CENTER]

Ant's team; The Losers
Aioros
Alastor
Oswaldo
Vampiro
Stalolin

Iris's team; The Winners
David
Linko
Arcadios
Breakman
Degeneration

Posted by Breakman

that sure sounds complicated compared to the old stuff back when i was here

but yeah i'll figure it out, count me in. I won't feel insulted if I'm the last kid at the playground to be picked, since I haven't been around in forever and most of you guys haven't even seen me play.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

**** YEAH CLAN BATTLES WOOOOOOOO

Posted by Iris

That mean you're in, Vamp?

I don't know. On one hand I want to play some online, on the other hand online makes me rage.

Actually, yeah, put me down. If at the end someone else wants in or someone needs to skadoodle to make balanced teams I'll just back out. Otherwise I'm in.

Posted by David M. Awesome

I'm thinking about it.

Posted by Linko_16

Sign me up.

Posted by O.T.L

yay! Vamps playing, never played Vamp. :)

I'm in.

I love the you character counter pick rule, I'm pretty confident with 90% of the characters.

Posted by Arcadios

In

Posted by Ant

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii~

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]In.[/COLOR]

Posted by Stalolin

i will hook up my wii just for this

i'm in

and by in

i mean eliminated in the first round

Posted by cloud1570

hmmmm.... when will the tourney start?

Posted by O.T.L

Quoting cloud1570: hmmmm.... when will the tourney start?

oooh sorry you can't join, you need to at least accumulate at least 2 days in time spent on the boards to participate. Says so in the official rules, section 5 under rules.

Posted by cloud1570

oh, ok XD

[quote=O.T.L;895915]oooh sorry you can't join, you need to at least accumulate a week in time spent on the boards to participate. Says so in the official rules, section 5 under rules.

[COLOR=#660033][FONT=Verdana]5. Stages can only be selected once per set.

[COLOR=Navy]:rolleyes:[/COLOR]
[/FONT][/COLOR]

Posted by cloud1570

XD im the most gullible person youve ever met (im not kidding)

Posted by O.T.L

Quoting cloud1570: oh, ok XD

On a scale of 1-10 one bieng the lowest possible and ten being the highest, how reliable are you?

If you show up(which I doubt) we might make an exception to the rule(section 5).

Posted by cloud1570

idk, that depends on circumstances, and the day.

Posted by Linko_16

You can't really talk, Oswaldo. You refuse to just ****ing get AIM and make Brawl arrangements easier on everyone.

Posted by O.T.L

I have aim. I have no idea how to look people up.

I'm "Lotto The Legend" add me.

edit- Yeah.

Rotto the Regend?

Quoted post: You can't really talk, Oswaldo. You refuse to just ****ing get AIM and make Brawl arrangements easier on everyone.

Or just get MSN DRRRRRRRRR ****ING RETARD

also, I don't understand the rules. Nor the purpose of them. Specifically 7.

Posted by O.T.L

I don't get rule 7 that well either.

Let's pretend I have defeated Iris

I was link she was sheik. What happens?

Posted by Linko_16

Basically means that if you win one round, you have to use the same character you were playing as indefinitely until you next lose a round. The difference between this rule and rules in the past is that before, the only time you had to use the same character is if you won the first round; now you're asked to keep the same character even when you go on to face a new opponent. The idea is that because your opponent knows what character they'll be fighting against, they can choose a character of their own that would be a good match. I guess it gives everyone a fighting chance, avoiding a situation where perhaps twice in a row someone picks a character who, by random chance, is at a disadvantage to their opponent's chosen character.

So, Oswaldo, if you beat Iris with Link, you'd be stuck as Link for the next battle. Say that next you were up against me, and I won our first round as ROB. For the next round, I'd have to stay ROB and you'd have your choice. Say you beat me in the second round with Falco - you'd then have to be Falco for the next round as well. Then say you beat me the third and final round, winning you the set - you'd still have to be Falco when you went on to face the next opponent.

Posted by Ant

seems OKAY I guess.

Sounds like it's gonna be Metaknight MADNESS

Posted by Ant

You and I are the only major MK users I can think of on VGC. Pretty nice wide variety of characters as far as that goes.

Really? I thought that he was one of Arc's mains.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]Meta Knights. Snake might need to come into play after all.[/COLOR]

Posted by Ant

I personally wouldn't care if you used Snake against every single person you played. Though I wasn't planning on being JUST Metaknight. That would be gay. :)

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]Yeah that would be pretty gay.[/COLOR]

Posted by O.T.L

Oh I thought if you won a match the opponent gets to choose your next character. That would be even rite thurr.

Posted by Linko_16

That would just be silly. Every match would be IKE VS. JIGGLYPUFF.

Posted by cloud1570

whos talking jigglypuff? i like jiggly puff, or i might use olimar >.>

Posted by Degeneration

I'll join. Told you so. If it's an odd number by the end of sign-up, nix me before Vamp.

Otherwise, BRING IT THE F ON! raargh.

Posted by cloud1570

i guess ill join. if you dont mind grab happy olimars XD

Posted by Iris

We need your friend code and method of contact first.

Posted by cloud1570

oh, right XD my friend code is 2879-1111-5261, and you can find me on my yahoo, [email]vaan1570@yahoo.com[/email], or on my msn, [email]cloud1570@hotmail.com[/email]

Posted by Arcadios

Quoting David M. Awesome: Really? I thought that he was one of Arc's mains.

He is.

Quoted post: Basically means that if you win one round, you have to use the same character you were playing as indefinitely until you next lose a round.

Why didn't she just say that? Way easier to understand.

Quoted post: You and I are the only major MK users I can think of on VGC. Pretty nice wide variety of characters as far as that goes.

And me. Zelda, ZSS and MK are my three mains.

Posted by Degeneration

I'm not even sure who my main is anymore. Could be Lucas.

Quoting Iris: We need your friend code and method of contact first.

Brawl code: 3093 6803 1678

My Yahoo email is [email]dragon17013@yahoo.com[/email]. It's the only thing I check, anyway.

Posted by cloud1570

oh, it might help that im in school till 3:30 Pacific XD

Posted by Alastor

It'll be laggy with anyone off the East Coast and I can't even consider playing until after 11 PM EST, but sure, whatever.

Posted by Aioros

Quoting Iris: K, teams (in order of picked):

Ant's team; The Losers
Aioros
Alastor
Oswaldo
Vampiro
Stalolin

Iris's team; The Winners
David
Linko
Arcadios
Breakman
Degeneration

Most original names ever.

[COLOR="Yellow"]We have a pretty solid team. Iris' team looks pretty WEAK to me, jk.[/COLOR]

Posted by Alastor

Don't underestimate SURVIVAL MODE, buddy.

btw Iris, I went ahead and edited the roster into the first post of this thread for you.

I was Iris's first pick? <3

Posted by O.T.L

I'm guessing to counter Aioros.

@Alastor) I love how you always come up with something.

last time it was RO RO FIGHT THE POWA!

Posted by Alastor

I blame Gordo Madness.

More like Metaknight Madness in this case.

Posted by Stalolin

picked last?

oh man that hurts guys :(

Posted by Ant

2nd to last. Was either going to be you or Vampiro at that point.

Also
[Quote=Arcadios]Arcadios says:
You know what's funny though?
Arcadios says:
(in order of picked):
Arcadios says:
meaning
Arcadios says:
Ant got Aioros first
Arcadios says:
then Iris got David
Arcadios says:
then Ant got you
Arcadios says:
Then Iris picked Linko
Arcadios says:
then Ant picks oswaldo
Arcadios says:
Then
Arcadios says:
It was me, Vamp, lolin, Breakman and Degenegration left
Arcadios says:
Meaning I was the last good guy
Arcadios says:
Meaning I was bottom of the barrel of good guys
Arcadios says:

It was my goal to break up team MAI HUNNI~. Would have broke up team linko x david, but that's how it goes.

Posted by Alastor

Why would you want to break us up? Makes more sense to... do the exact opposite.

Because whatever teams gets both members of the best teams has a better chance to win?

Posted by Ant

Quoting Alastor: Why would you want to break us up? Makes more sense to... do the exact opposite.

Cause I'm a vindictive as[COLOR="Lime"]s[/COLOR]hole. THAT'S WHO YOUR CAPTAIN IS! CAPTAIN ANT!

Posted by Alastor

...Wait, what? @ David

Posted by Ant

he was being sarcastic I think cause it really doesn't matter. since it's 1v1's anyway.

Posted by Alastor

I guess. I got the feeling he was implying that he and Linko are a better team than Arc and I, but we've got no way of knowing that since he was out of town during that tourney that Arc and I dominated.

Posted by O.T.L

Both of those are nothing compared to Team Aioros and Oswaldo

Posted by Arcadios

hahahahahha

No really, that was funny

lolollololololololollolololollolololollloollol

Posted by Alastor

No way of knowing that, either. Stop pretending.

Linko and I weren't really that good of a team. You probably would have trounced us.

Posted by Alastor

You serious? I figured you two would work great together.

Especially considering you've got the advantage of being in the same room so you can actually form strategies mid-match and ****.

Come to think of it I can't even remember how that tournament ended. We lost to Iris and Ant, I think? In any case, the fault was just that we weren't good enough at the game period, and not necessarily that our teamwork was lacking.

Besides, Linko and I would be too busy swearing at each other to work together.

Posted by Degeneration

Haters, all of you. *fetal position*

TRAINING TWICE AS HARD JUST TO SPITE YOU BASTARDS

Posted by Ant

You hear that Iris? Sounds like your boy Degen's ready for a fight!

Posted by Linko_16

David and I were an okay team. We weren't a bad team.

when's this start anyways. Haven't played online in months, so it'd probably be best for me to play some.

Posted by Stalolin

vamp would you like to fight zss vs. zss?

hahaha, k

too bad she sucks online.

Posted by Ant

naw, you probably just suck with her.

yeah

Posted by cloud1570

im pretty decent with zss, but id prefer shiek or snake XD

Posted by Iris

I submit Breakman to fight Oswaldo.

Their job to arrange time.

Posted by Alastor

Well this'll be interesting.

Posted by O.T.L

Let the games begin.

Pm me Breakman.

Posted by Ant

or you could PM him? chop chop

Posted by Degeneration

*emerges from the hyperbolic time chamber*

this power...

[IMG]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/Dragon17013/bearded_cosplay02.jpg[/IMG]

i am ready

Posted by Ant

DOOT DOOT DO.

Posted by O.T.L

*waits for Breakman to reply*

Hurry

Posted by Breakman

oh hey i was just training at 300x gravity for a few days

i actually had no idea this was going to start so soon but I have been playing a lot lately so I should be good

whenever you're on, im me.

Posted by O.T.L

See you on MSN.

Posted by O.T.L

Shiiit, will you be on in half an hour? Mom is making me go to Kroger. I'll try to be as quick as possible.

Posted by Breakman

okay, i'm already all set up etc

i was wondering why you were taking so long and didn't realize you replied to this twice in a row

Posted by O.T.L

Craaap! My Brawl disc is scratched up badly, it doesn't want to play.

Breakman can you try to be on tomorrow? I can borrow a Brawl disc from a friend but not until tomorrow. :/

Posted by Breakman

t___________________________T

i was all prepared too

****, anyone wanna fight me and practice until this guy's able to play :3!

and yes, i'll be on tomorrow, probably all day

Posted by O.T.L

;_; sorry. Tomorrow for sure.

Posted by Breakman

nahhhhh, don't worry, sorry if I sounded too angry; I was just a bit excited as it'd have been my first good online match in ages, and a chance to show that I might have some level of skill. If I were you, I'd try to find some way to buff the scratches off that disc or something if possible, as the game's less than a year old and ... well, I couldn't imagine how I'd feel with such a huge game already being scratched up in such a short time.

Posted by O.T.L

The copy I have of Brawl isnt my real game, its an emergency back up one that we bought at a flea market. My friend has mine AND his copy of Brawl.
Its a wierd situation we have like 4 wii's(friends and I) and 3 copys(2 now) of brawls and we constantly switched the games around for little Brawl parties.

You didn't sound mad, I'm just upset because I wanted to play badly also.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]Ohhhhh maaaan! This is intense![/COLOR]

Posted by Breakman

yeah i know epic battle between smash brothers masters that's lasted over a day

well I'm on and he's afk on msn so any time now I guess

Posted by O.T.L

I won. All close games dude.

round 1: Me

round 2: Protoman

round 3: Me

Captains choose your next pokemon.

Posted by Ant

protoman breakman what's the difference?

but you stay in oswaldo. it's iris who has to pick someone else.

and you also have to stay as the last character you used against breakman in that last match.

Posted by O.T.L

Link.

wow I guess Its my duty to take out the entire the winners team.

daaaaaaaang! Oh yes i did.

Posted by Iris

Actually, winner team picks first.

Posted by Breakman

okay, well, that was actually extremely fun and all the matches were quite close

we warmed up with a trio of practice rounds, all three of which, no kidding here, it was down to the last life and ~150-200% ish for both of us as O. eeked out a win each time

then onto the real matches;

Match 1, Final Destination, R.O.B. (me) vs. Link (O.T.L.)
I consider R.O.B. my main, and I'd like to believe I'm pretty decent with him--back in the day, I was even called the 'best R.O.B. I've ever seen!' by a few people, but this was when the game was pretty much new. I'm out of practice, and O. really had his skill showing when he clobbered me with a myriad of expert techniques I noticed from a Link Brawl strategy video on Youtube that I myself had been practicing a bit beforehand. I got him down to the wire on his 2nd life, but he ended me swiftly, securing a very comfortable first victory.

Match 2, Smashville, Sonic (me) vs. Link (O.T.L.)
Now, this one was in my favor. I pulled out Sonic for the first time vs. O., I don't think he was expecting it since up to that point all the characters I'd used, even in practice, were floaty ones like R.O.B. and Ness. Combined with the fact that Smashville is a beautiful stage to run around and REALLY mess with people as Sonic, I gave him little to do but be dazzled and destroyed by my flashy, off-beat Sonic playstyle. He put up a good fight, but in the end I finished him about as handily in this match as he finished me in the first.

Match 3, Norfair, Sonic (me) vs. Link (O.T.L.)
So he picks the absolute worst stage for me, playing greatly to Link and against Sonic, and he shows he's FAR more used to playing on the stage than I am. It's a very long, epic battle that goes on to the last life, but with his skill and practice in the stage and with Link vs. my inexperience on the stage in general and especially with Sonic, he toppled me---
Oh, wait, what's that? Norfair's not a legal stage? REMATCH!

REAL Match 3, Smashville, Sonic (me) vs. Link (O.T.L.)
Unbelievable. Absolutely inconceivable! I even so much as picked Final Destination so it wouldn't be a repeat of the 2nd match, but alas, it seems good ol' O. picked this stage again on purpose, to get back at his previous loss and defeat me there fair and square! And... oh man. Absolutely at the peak of his game, showing off all those skills he toppled me with in the first match to the Nth degree, O. put all he had into this match, and it showed very brilliantly. He was absolutely indomitable even up against the same exact setting he lost the 2nd match with, and came out victorious with a flurry of wonderfully-executed dodges, combos and hilariously well-placed bombs. I gave it everything I had, but I wasn't able to replicate my win in the second match.

This round goes to O.T.L.! Forgive me for my failure, but as it *was* my first VGC tournament match, and I *have* been out of practice, I somewhat expected this outcome. Nonetheless, it was EXTREMELY fun, and I plan on practicing very often again so that I'll be more of a threat next time.

*bows*

Posted by Iris

Huh? Don't wanna be a nag, but stages can only be picked once per set. It says that in the first post.

Posted by Ant

5. Stages can only be selected once per set.

rules, how do I read them?

whatever, I'm willing to let this go if breakman/iris are.

Posted by O.T.L

Rematch!

Posted by Breakman

oh geez

i even read over the first post again to make sure there wasn't a rule like that and somehow missed it

weeeeeellllllllllllllllll he kinda beat me TWICE in two 'fake' 3rd matches but he wants a rematch. I guess I'm gonna have to be sonic again for the third time since I won the last 'real' match with him.

well, let's get this going one last time, then

Kick his *** Breakman

Posted by Breakman

REAL REAL REAL Match 3, Battlefield, Sonic (me) vs. Link (O.T.L.)
he won

8]

@david; practice with me next time you're able to play so i may attain an inkling of thine skill or something

Posted by Linko_16

Breakmaaaan.

Break his face.

EDIT - Lol ninja'd. :(

Posted by Ant

alright, finally.

iris pick next person. maybe we can get another in tonight.

[quote=Breakman;898703]REAL REAL REAL Match 3, Battlefield, Sonic (me) vs. Link (O.T.L.)
he won

8]

@david; practice with me next time you're able to play so i may attain an inkling of thine skill or something

I'm not so great against Oswaldo, either. :P

Posted by Iris

[quote=Ant;898705]alright, finally.

iris pick next person. maybe we can get another in tonight.

[quote=Iris;898686]Actually, winner team picks first.

D:

Posted by O.T.L

What does that mean?

Just pick my next victim.

Posted by Iris

Why has nobody read the rules? Oswaldo, you're not playing another match until everyone else on your team has fought at least once. You'll still have to be Link when you do fight, but you don't fight a bunch of consecutive matches. The team that lost the previous round gets to counterpick whoever the winning team proposes will play.

Because of these rules, it has been decided that Ant will submit Alastor, and I choose Linko to challenge him. USE SURVIVAL MODE!

Posted by O.T.L

ooohhhhhhh, you could have said that.

Posted by Alastor

...****.

It's time to go.

This is taking way too ****ing long.

Posted by Alastor

Me and Linko scheduled our match for tomorrow night.

Posted by Ant

if you lose I don't love you anymore.

sorry i'm that tuff love sorta captain.

someone explain the rules to me. when are maps chosen and when can I pick a character? When I read the first page I feel my eyes slide over the words like I'm reading and I hear the words in my head but then I get to the end and find out I wasn't actually paying attention.

think it has to do with iris' inability to properly word anything

Posted by Degeneration

Best 2 out of 3 matches (this would be one set).
You can only pick one stage for that set of matches (permitted stages are listed in the rules).
If you win, you have to use that same character until you lose.

Well that was simple. Unlike the first page which is ****ing huge and I lose interest by the second line.

WOMEN, JEEZ

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]Those women do be talking all the time.

If Alastor wins this next match i think Iris' team should stop calling it SURVIVAL MODE and instead refer to it as DESPERATION MODE.[/COLOR]

Posted by O.T.L

Its pretty easy to understand its not hard.

Rule 7 had me confused though.

Posted by Degeneration

I started zonin' out after
[quote]This tournament will be played on a character counterpick hypoteneuse fgsfds

Posted by Iris

NEVER AGAIN!

Posted by Alastor

Hats off to Linko. Very close matches.

Round 1
Toon Link (Dan) vs Link (Linko) @ Final Destination

Very close. Our strategies were nearly the same, which made this one last quite a while. Came down to both of our final stocks at relatively high percentages before Linko landed a killing blow.

Winner: Linko

Round 2
Wolf (Dan) vs Link (Linko) @ Smashville

I figured the Reflector would come in handy against Linko's Link, though I had a sinking feeling of regret the second I picked Wolf. Not sure why. Our first stock went neck and neck, but after we'd each died once, I started to pull away with it, and eventually won with two stocks left.

Winner: Dan

Linko Sixteen: oh my *** **** Wolf in his little wolf *******
Linko Sixteen: what the ****ing **** **** ****
Dystorce: Easy there David

Round 3
Wolf (Dan) vs Wario (Linko) @ Delfino Plaza

Had a bad feeling as soon as this one started, since Linko's one of the only people I know who can use many of Wario's moves effectively, namely his forward smash. Linko put quite a beating on me until it was me on my final stock with 120% and him on his second stock with around 90%. Somehow I started mounting a comeback here. I got Linko to around 80% before he finally knocked me out.

Winner: Linko

Good games, senpai. KOHAI HAS MUCH MORE TO LEARN.

Posted by Linko_16

Gg's kohai. You fought well, but your fate was sealed the moment you forgot that WARIO IS G[color=indigo]OD TIER.

I really loved our Link battle. An awesome balance of swordplay and projectiles; tourneyfag matches where people are cautious to get near one another are a pain to watch, but when we both have our separate but equal set of arrows, boomerangs and bombs to play with, it made it really awesome to float back and forth throwing things at one another as we inevitably drew closer for a sword clash. Excellent stuff.
[/color]

Posted by Iris

Yay, we're tied now. Good job Linko, and I'm glad you participated, Dan.

I submit Arcadios to fight in the next round.

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Iris: I'm glad you participated, Dan.

So am I now. Those matches I had with Linko were really fun.

Posted by Iris

I'm thinking if time allows, we'll just do a clan-specific round-robin tournament once one clan wins. Everyone will be able to participate, so hopefully this'll keep interest in the tournament high. It'll just be 2 small, manageable round-robins.

Posted by Ant

Alright, I'll go with Vampiro. Since you two are somewhat close it shouldn't be too bad on the lag!

Posted by Iris

Arc vs. Vamp then. Good luck, Arc. Kill yourself, Vamp.

Posted by Arcadios

Thanks.
I have off tomorrow from work so any time's good for me.

Posted by Arcadios

ANYTIME NOW

How about in 2 hours?
If you read this...

Posted by Ant

figures it had to be one of those days.

Posted by Alastor

vampiro is banned from the ssb board

Spoilers: I sometimes don't get around to turning on my computer. Good job deciding to pick me when I'm not even around even though I was here for every other match.

So uh, I can do any time that's not between 9am and 10 PM. I'm either working or sleeping then. Probably won't get this tonight, so tomorrow night around 10:15 EST (tuesday)? Oh, and post your FC since I don't believe I have it.

Quoted post: ts pretty easy to understand its not hard.

Rule 7 had me confused though.

Yeah, well, it's hard to understand when you don't read it.

Posted by Arcadios

3737-9191-8160

I can do Tuesday at 10:15PM.

I thought today was tuesday, but oh well. Tomorrow it is.

Wait, what time do you usually stay up till? Like, tomorrow for example, how late can you possibly be on? If you can't do late, that's cool, I just didn't realise it was tomorrow and I might not be available around then. But yeah, if you're boned, give me some other times that'll work for you.

Posted by Arcadios

I usually go to sleep around 4 in the morning.
Tuesday night until Wednesday morning should change that.

Posted by Arcadios

Anytime before 4am's good for me right now.

Posted by Arcadios

oh well

maybe next time

****, sorry, buddy. Got **** going down at home. I'm game for any time though, you just name it and I'll be there. Sorry.

Posted by Arcadios

It's cool.

I get off work at 9 today so anytime after is fine.

All right, we're playing smash then gears when you get back. send me a message over msn

Question: Why are we going one match at a time? Can't you do them all at the same time, or two or three at the same time? Was always wondering that.

Posted by Ant

huh, with the way the rules are set up we could have up until the point where we have the same fighters playing again. but it's also nice making your selection knowing that a certain player was knocked out and you would have wanted to save that other person just for that other player instead of using them against someone else and have them lose and you be screwed.

see: myself.

Like winning nothing requires that much thought.

I assume Arc and I will be done by tonight (unless I fall asleep) but it's pretty boring waiting for three or four matches to get outta the way before yours comes around, you know? If there was an actual prize the it might be different.

Posted by Ant

if you want a prize so ****ing bad why don't you put one up!

Because you or iris would win it and I might as well just buy something for myself and pretend I won some badass tournament?

Posted by Ant

think of something the whole team could win?

Might as well just keep it to myself rather than share/risk losing it.

Arc won both matches. Zelda v Luigi on FD. Kirby v Luigi on BF. Couldn't get the timing down so yeah, abysmal.

Posted by Arcadios

k proceeding

Posted by Iris

Congratulations.

Guess I'll play safe and submit Degeneration. I think we know who will be fighting who in the next three matches.

Posted by Degeneration

Good deal. Just let me know when you're available, future opponent, whoever you are.

Posted by Ant

alright, stalolin go

Posted by Arcadios

wait...lolin's in this tourney?

lol

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Arcadios;900962]wait...lolin's in this tourney?

lol

**** yeah

now's my time to shine

hopefully i can beat degeneration

Posted by Ant

don't kill yourself if you lose alright.

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Stalolin: **** yeah

now's my time to shine

hopefully i can beat degeneration

Well, I lost already. I bet 10bux you would forget about the thread until a day or two after the tourney's over and then you'd rush back in like "**** guys i'm sorry **** i forgot".

Posted by Ant

what

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]STOP LOSING GUYS! yeah[/COLOR]

I'M SORRY, TEAMMATE. I HAVE LET YOU ALL DOWN

Posted by Degeneration

Okay, I'm home. Ready when you are.

Posted by Arcadios

Hey, Degen.
Before you fight lolin, let's have a match.

Posted by Degeneration

Sure, gimme a second.

Posted by Arcadios

Contact me on aim.

Posted by Degeneration

Yeah. Uh. AIM is failin' on me.

Posted by Arcadios

k just give me your friend code and I'll make a room

Posted by Degeneration

(Degen) 3093 6803 1678

Posted by Arcadios

Good matches.

Check your PM box for some advice.

Posted by Degeneration

...MY CONTROLLER WAS BROKEN

Posted by O.T.L

NO JOHNS!

Posted by Arcadios

OSWALDO'S DISC WAS BROKEN

MY FACE WAS BROKEN

Posted by Breakman

um hey don't look at me

I am looking at you

Posted by Degeneration

So, uh...

Where'd he go?

Posted by Alastor

Called it.

Sort of.

Posted by Ant

I sent him a PM about it. :/

Posted by Stalolin

*******it i'm trying to play world of warcraft

what time works best for you degen?

Posted by Degeneration

Now works. Any time within the next couple of hours would be good. Same time frame tomorrow, too.

wouldn't wanna have to pwn arcadios again so hurry or he suffers. please, think of arcadios.

Posted by Arcadios

Watch out, lolin.

This guy's a beast.

Posted by Stalolin

wait seriously?

man i was hoping he'd be cake and i could actually win for once

GUESS I'LL JUST GO BACK TO BEING A LOSER

Posted by Linko_16

DON'T GIVE UP LOLIN. FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT.

ROH ROH FIGHT THE POWAH

Posted by Arcadios

BELIEVE IN YOURSELF

Posted by Alastor

do the impossible

Posted by O.T.L

JUST DO IT \,

Posted by Iris

Seriously, please get it done by the end of the day. We can't afford these huge breaks between match completions if we're gonna go one at a time.

Technically we can do the remaining two matches at once after the winning team of this match selects player.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Alastor: do the impossible

see the invisible

Posted by Arcadios

ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWA

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]I got one, how about RO RO GET ON WITH YOUR DA[COLOR="Yellow"]M[/COLOR]N MATCHES ALREADY. How about that?[/COLOR]

Posted by O.T.L

Na, that's not catchy.

Posted by Arcadios

Partly blaming new WoW release.

Posted by Degeneration

Ready. Standing by. Copy that. Over.

Posted by Breakman

i think stalolin's too busy piercing the heavens with his epic +4 emporer's blade of unholy wrath

Posted by Linko_16

Although maybe we shouldn't implement it now so the offending team isn't at a disadvantage that they neither expected nor are at fault for, we might want to enforce a rule similar to what we've had before about participants who keep missing matches so this kind of thing doesn't happen again.

Posted by Arcadios

Or nuke those that have a bad history of missed matches.

Posted by Degeneration

This is getting kinda weak. It's the PS3 launch all over again.

What time zone is he in? I'm not catching him at 5 AM, am I?

Posted by Ant

He's mountain time. which would be 2 hours before you.

and instead of saying "lol here now" why don't you name a specific time. both of you.

Posted by Degeneration

friggin said "same time tomorrow" but whatever.

I'll be here Monday at 3PM Eastern. If that doesn't work, tell me beforehand.

Just do more matches at a time, jesus.

Posted by Degeneration

Yeah, I don't know what else to do. WoW must be one hell of a game.

Posted by Breakman

i got to level 20-30 on about 20 different chars over the course of playing it on and off for like 3 and a half years

i don't understand how it could be fun at all unless you have tons of friends to play with/talk to and it's impossible to meet them in-game with that community

Posted by Stalolin

I'm waiting for Degen to get on AIM so we can actually do this.

Posted by Iris

This is aggravating.

Also, the point of waiting for a winner is so that the losing team can counterpick the opponent.

Posted by Degeneration

!!! My AIM is broken, screw it, letsgoletsgoletsgo

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Iris;902480]This is aggravating.

Also, the point of waiting for a winner is so that the losing team can counterpick the opponent.

shut up iris

and i'm getting on now

Quoted post: Also, the point of waiting for a winner is so that the losing team can counterpick the opponent.

Just pick whoever. It's not that important.

Posted by Stalolin

wait where the **** is your friend code degen

Posted by Breakman

Quoting Iris:

are there like certain vgc members that have advantages over other vgc members like pokemon types or something

Posted by Iris

In a way.

Anyways, counterpicking in a clan tourney is pretty important for making sure no one gets cheated in a match. One clan may be at a disadvantage if they pick first, so it's only fair that the winning team is at the disadvantage.

Posted by O.T.L

3093-6803-1678---Degens FC

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=O.T.L;902502]3093-6803-1678---Degens FC

Match is already over, but thanks.

Posted by Degeneration

Good stuff! The matches that didn't count were better, I thought.

Fight of the millenium, but my Marth won it.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]And?[/COLOR]

Posted by Stalolin

Yeah, I probably should have used Falco right off the bat.

Posted by Degeneration

For sure! You killed the crap outta me as soon as you brought him out.

Posted by Iris

I guess you won, Degen.

In that case, I'll select David to fight. Since there's only 2 fights left before the rotation begins again, we can do two matches at once after Ant picks a player.

Quoted post: Anyways, counterpicking in a clan tourney is pretty important for making sure no one gets cheated in a match. One clan may be at a disadvantage if they pick first, so it's only fair that the winning team is at the disadvantage.

That's stupid. Just put the names in a hat. Have the whole thing done in three days.

Posted by Ant

that's one way of doing it.

anywho. david will fight aioros.

which leaves captain vs captain! so for us is it best 3 out of 5 or is that not till later?

Posted by O.T.L

Lets get ready to rumble!

Posted by Iris

Eh, since it's the last of the rotation, and captain v captain, I wouldn't be opposed to a best of 5. It's not really important.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]So it'd be best of 5 for David and me too? Or just you two capos?

David let me know when you're gonna be on Linko's Wii ahead of time so i know when to get on. (That's how you set things up people)

[/COLOR]

Posted by Ant

I'm pretty sure it's just Iris and I who are going to have the 3 out of 5 matches. And then later on whoever the last remaining player is on a team will have 3 out of 5 matches from there on.

Posted by Iris

We could always just make vs. Captain matches best of 5 since those are more likely to be turning points and hurt the other team.

Posted by Ant

fine by me

[quote=Aioros;902590][COLOR=Yellow]So it'd be best of 5 for David and me too? Or just you two capos?

David let me know when you're gonna be on Linko's Wii ahead of time so i know when to get on. (That's how you set things up people)[/COLOR]

Ok.

Posted by Arcadios

WELL THAT WORKED WELL

DO YOUR BEST, DAVID.

roh roh fight the powah

Plan for Friday or Saturday night, I guess?

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]4 to 5 days? Err. . .[/COLOR]

Posted by Arcadios

COMPLAINTS

MAKE THEM STRAIGHT FORWARD

Posted by Degeneration

Lemme check who's on my team...

oh

KILL HIM, DAVID! KILL HIM TO DEATH!

Posted by Linko_16

I should just let David borrow my Wii like I told him he could ages ago anyway. Wanna come pick it up sometime tomorrow?

Posted by Arcadios

Oh yea, lolin.

Me and Degen were joking about him beating me.
We had around 10 matches and I won all of them.

Sorry, buddy. :(

Posted by Degeneration

johns. all johns.

NO JOHNS

How about just a few Johns?

okay, some johns.

Hooray!

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]. . .[/COLOR]

Posted by Arcadios

Quoting Arcadios: WELL THAT WORKED WELL

DO YOUR BEST, DAVID.

LEARN FROM IT

Posted by Iris

Alright, I beat Ant. Good luck, David!

Posted by Ant

Well, I hope Aioros and Oswaldo do well. :)

Round 1: Ant(Lucas) vs Iris(Zelda) on Halberd
The match did not start off well for Iris, ending up with her first stock being lost at 15% or so. I pretty much was able to stay ahead that stock the whole way through by spacing with PK FIRE.

Round 2: Ant(Lucas) vs Iris(Zelda) on Battlefield
This match as far as I can remember was pretty even at first, but then Iris got a pretty good lead on my 2nd stock and I managed to get her down to the third, but I couldn't really fight my way back and was dispatched with a prompt upsmash. Very formulaic battle overall.

Round 3: Ant(TL) vs Iris(Zelda) on Final Destination.
On the first stock most noteably we ended up having a ledgehogging battle with me ending up the victor and Iris losing her first stock pretty early on. But she fought extremely well the rest of the match and I didn't really stand a chance. I think on my 2nd stock I didn't even get a single hit in. Nice

Round 4: Ant(Metaknight) vs Iris(Zelda) on Smashville
I had complete control over this match. With some bad recovery from Iris landing right into f-smashes, and some edgehogging, I won with all 3 stocks.

Round 5: Ant(MK) vs Iris(Zelda) on Yoshi's Island
This match was extremely close the whole way through. So many times I thought I had killed her, but it was never quite enough. And I could tell on our last stock we were both in the 100% range we were very apprehensive about what attacks we would do. But alas, she got the upsmash on me and that was the end of my poor MK.

Very good/fun matches. :)

Oh boy pressure

Posted by O.T.L

If Aioros loses, I'll be all alone... :(

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]G[COLOR="Yellow"]o[/COLOR]dda[COLOR="Yellow"]m[/COLOR]mit.[/COLOR]

Posted by Arcadios

Quoting Arcadios: COMPLAINTS

MAKE THEM STRAIGHT FORWARD

MISQUOTES

BUT STILL STANDS

ant, you have failed us.

Posted by Ant

two man enter, one man leave.

Posted by Arcadios

fake penis is fake...Or is it?

Posted by Alastor

So now what? I've barely been paying attention to anything outside actual match results since I got knocked out. Don't we have a round robin or something scheduled?

Posted by Iris

Not until the clan v clan is over.

Posted by Alastor

Oh, so, what, you and Ant fought and it wasn't the final match? WELL THEN.

Wait, I have to have another match? **** ****

Posted by O.T.L

Only if our team wins.

Posted by Arcadios

Which it won't.

Posted by O.T.L

Quoting O.T.L: Only if our team wins.

Which it will.

Posted by Arcadios

Keep telling yourself that, buddy.

Posted by Red

too bad I stopped coming to the Smashbros threads....and stopped playing my wii.

this looks like it could have been fun.

however I'm still firm on boycotting, both wii and brawl.

MELEE 4 LYFE!

whoever is left on our team lose so I don't have to play online

Posted by Ant

how bout you just don't play!

Forfeit? Maybe if I was a pussy amerikkkan

Posted by Ant

what are you klarth? it's annoying.

Posted by O.T.L

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: whoever is left on our team lose so I don't have to play online

Losing. Is not an option.

Posted by Alastor

"bawww i don't want to play"
"just forfeit"
"hey **** you guy"

Good ol' Vamp.

Quoted post: what are you klarth? it's annoying.

if by klarth you mean jokin' around, then yes.

though I do find it hard to want to get involved with a match. Something about the whole process makes me not want to bother, you know? Like the effort it takes isn't worth the trouble.

On one hand it's like WOOOO SMASH ONLINE and then on the other it's like kinda wanna play xbox right now

Posted by maian

On one hand, it's like "WOOO SMASH ONLINE", and on the other, it's "oh wait it's smash online"

NEVERMIND LOL

Posted by Breakman

I WANNA PLAY SMASH ONLINE

train me to be a super beast and i'll take anyone's place!!!

in the meantime i might just have to play animal crossing wii and its super laid back atmosphere might make me less vicious in brawl

Posted by Aioros

Quoting Arcadios: Which it won't.

[COLOR="Yellow"]My opponent is measuring the drapes! Let me give you some straight talk my friends, we're a few points behind but we're coming back. The pundits have written us off like they have before. They don't know it but the Mac is back![/COLOR]

Posted by Degeneration

This ain't Remember the Titans get outta here

[quote=Aioros;903964][COLOR=Yellow]My opponent is measuring the drapes! Let me give you some straight talk my friends, we're a few points behind but we're coming back. The pundits have written us off like they have before. They don't know it but the Mac is back![/COLOR]

I'll kill you.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]My friends, we got 'em right where we want 'em![/COLOR]

Get ready to eat the floor.

Posted by Arcadios

So who made who eat dirt?

We'll find out tomorrow or Saturday.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]In the morning or afternoon i hope, cuz i gots to go out on the weekends.[/COLOR]

Word.

Plan for Saturday afternoon, then, since Linko has classes on Friday.

Posted by Linko_16

This would be over with already if you just borrowed my Wii like I suggested.

Up yours.

Posted by Breakman

make 7

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]Well, I'll be home all day until about 10pm EST. Your move David.[/COLOR]

As soon as I've had something to eat I'll head over to Linko's.

Also I'm adding you on MSN.

I lost.

1) David: Metaknight
Aioros: DK
Stage: FD
I felt like I was pretty much in control of this match the whole time, although it got pretty close in the end. In the end, I won.

2) David: Metaknight
Aioros: Snake
Stage: Smashville.
At one point I had gotten pretty far ahead and felt like my victory was assured, when suddenly the lag spiked and I couldn't get anything to work anymore. Everything went to **** and I ended up getting raped to death.

3) David: Metaknight
Aioros: Snake
Stage: Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
He pretty much got a perfect life on me because nothing would work for me (and I mean nothing). I had a ****ing shield break because the game wouldn't let me dodge so I ended up blocking through an explosion that would've been the easiest thing to dodge ever if we still had even as much lag as the first match had. Second life, I was still getting raped, and ended up with him still having three lives with me on my last, so I gave up and suicided.
The stage wasn't working out for me, either. It was too small for me to maneuver around, plus I kept landing on that annoying platform when I was trying to hop over and attack to counter. I wanted Frigate Orpheon, because I was sure that I could beat him there, but I didn't get any of my picks for any of our matches. :\

Posted by Arcadios

Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag I WON FAIR AND SQUARE HAHAHA Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag I WON FAIR AND SQUARE HAHAHA Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag I WON FAIR AND SQUARE HAHAHA Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag I WON FAIR AND SQUARE HAHAHA Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag I WON FAIR AND SQUARE HAHAHA Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag I WON FAIR AND SQUARE HAHAHA Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag I WON FAIR AND SQUARE HAHAHA Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag I WON FAIR AND SQUARE HAHAHA Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag I WON FAIR AND SQUARE HAHAHA Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag I WON FAIR AND SQUARE HAHAHA Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag I WON FAIR AND SQUARE HAHAHA Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag I WON FAIR AND SQUARE HAHAHA Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag I WON FAIR AND SQUARE HAHAHA Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag I WON FAIR AND SQUARE HAHAHA Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag I WON FAIR AND SQUARE HAHAHA Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag I WON FAIR AND SQUARE HAHAHA Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]Hey guess what David, you beat me in the last tourny so now ima beat you and your whole team, holla![/COLOR]

Posted by O.T.L

Hey. We'll beat them together. :love:

Posted by Arcadios

Shotty to take out OTL next.

Posted by Breakman

[quote=david]so I gave up and suicided.

I'm very disappointed in you, young man.

Posted by Iris

Ah, it was decided to be a best of 3? Okay. Better luck next time, David. :(

Posted by O.T.L

So what now?

Posted by Iris

Ant submits an opponent.

Posted by Alastor

We aren't out of people yet?

Posted by Iris

It's Linko, Iris, Degeneration, and Arcadios versus Aioros and Oswaldo.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]There's only 2 of us left so there isn't much of a choice. The rules say I can't go again until everyone else in my team goes again, which is only O.T.L, so we have to take turns. Right?[/COLOR]

Posted by O.T.L

He has a point :charmande

Posted by Iris

In that case, I choose you, Degeneration!

Posted by Stalolin

give 'em hell degen

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]Looks like Team Awesome is back in play once again, and ready to save the day![/COLOR]

Posted by Arcadios

Posted by Degeneration

SHOW ME YOUR RAGE! RAAAAAAGE!!!

Posted by Ant

wish I was still playing. :(

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]Not losing is key![/COLOR]

Posted by Linko_16

People die when they are killed.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]I'm gonna just go ahead and assume O.T.L and Degeneration already got in contact with each other, set up a time and finished their matches.[/COLOR]

Posted by Ant

I doubt it

or were you being sarcastic? cause if you were you can bet there'll be some sort of hell to pay.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]I was serious. Since they haven't posted in a while i was hoping they were working something out.[/COLOR]

Posted by Degeneration

We are. Don't worry about it.

Posted by O.T.L

Let me know when you get on Degen.

Posted by Degeneration

I'm on now. Ready?

Posted by Arcadios

Results: Degen loses.

Response to lose: I should've gone in his stead.

Posted by O.T.L

Sorry, lost track of time. I'll get on now, do you know my FC?

arc: cocky mother****er

Posted by Degeneration

Register'd.

Posted by Degeneration

Lost in the third fight d'ohhhh. Pretty great matches, though. OTL is sick with the projectiles.

BUT THIS WOULDN'T HAVE HAPPENED TO ROY [/johns]

Posted by O.T.L

Gg's Degen.

R1 Me

R2 Degen

R3 Me

Posted by Degeneration

Summary:

Marth vs G&W: DESTROYED :(

Ike vs G&W: Got him. Lol'd buckets at how he parachuted down at the end.

Ike vs Link: Awesome back-and-forth sword fight until he went crazy with projectiles. Major "!?" moment.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]Nice! Iris if you pick another player quickly we might get another match done by the end of the day.[/COLOR]

lol ike vs link

Posted by Iris

Hmm. It'll be Aioros vs. Iris.

I'll have one practice to test the connection. If it's faulty then we'll try later.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]Oh ****. Ok, how many rounds? And i know i won with Snake last but do i have to start with him or can the character rotation be renewed with each new match?[/COLOR]

Posted by Iris

The rules state that they can not. You can not change until your next lost match.

I'm available now and probably for a lot of the day. Choose a time and I should be able to make it.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]I can get on now.[/COLOR]

Posted by Iris

So can I. Let me know when you're on.

It's 1 practice. I don't care if it's best of 3 or best of 5. Whatever you feel like. It was best of 5 in Captain v Captain, not so sure about player v Captain.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]Alright, let's do best of 5 to make captain fights more exciting.

I'm online now. If you don't get this message in time, I'll stay online throughout the next 30 minutes until 2 EST.[/COLOR]

Posted by Iris

Okay, heading on now.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]I won! It was real close too.[/COLOR]

Posted by Iris

I'm ****ed that my quick smashes only worked about 80% of the time (note the times I just stood there doing nothing). Still, it was fun.

Arc, fight Oswaldo! Now!

Posted by O.T.L

Lets do it.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]Quick Recap (from what i can remember):

Round 1: Smashville
Aioros (Snake) - Iris (Zelda)

I don't recall much about this one, other than it was close the entire fight but i pulled out a victory in the end.

Round 2: (Battlefield)

I was pretty sure i was going to lose this round. Iris was ahead with 2 stocks while i was down to my last. Once i was able to knock her down to 1 i was already at a hight percentage with mine. I knew i'd lose if i didn't pull something quick so when she was off the stage and coming back i jumped out with a forward aerial that hit and spiked her fresh stock. I won.

Round 3: Halberd

This one went pretty close til the end as well. But on our last stocks she was able to accumulate enough damage to send me flying with a f smash without me being able to comeback. I lost.

Round 4: Delfino Plaza
Aioros (DK) - Iris (Zelda)

She pretty much owned me at the beginning of this round. I couldnt land a hit on her while she kicked me around and got me down to my last stock while she still had 3. In the end i almost pulled off a comeback by quickly getting rid of her 2 stocks, but when she was down to her last it was too little too late. I had already endured too much damage and she easily sent me flying with an up smash.

Round 5: Final Destination

This one was as close as it could get, there's not much to say. In the end we both got down to a dangerous percentage so it would come down to whoever pulled off the finishing hit first. Luckily i was able to get her with a f smash and won.[/COLOR]

Posted by Corrupt

Sorry Paul, I'll be back in like half an hour. Lunch break! Maybe Iris can get in on the action as well.

Posted by Iris

****, Corrupt. We were about to do doubles!!!

Posted by Corrupt

Well I'm on again now!!! Is "G-sus" hosting your room or what?

Edit: Never mind, guess not. I'm gonna have one more match with these guys, and then I'll try to get in with you two.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]Corrupt join Iris's room and I'll be your temmate, we're blue. My friend had to leave.[/COLOR]

Posted by Corrupt

I'm having some connection issues, I'll be there as soon as it permits. :(

What the **** is going on? I keep seeing it shift to team battles and then back to free-for-alls.

Posted by Breakman

Heyyyyyyyyyyyy guys!

if a spot opens soon i'll jump on as soon as my cousin's off animal crossing

oh wait this is the tourney thread, i thought you were doing just random playing by the way you were posting

or were you just doing random playing and happened to be posting it in the tourney thread

either way corrupt was hosting a 2/4 and i joined and was denied, and no one else is hosting, and i just changed ac out for brawl FOR THIS

FFFFF

Posted by Corrupt

Uh, both you and Iris have tried to join, and I keep pressing "OK," but I guess Paul doesn't feel the same way. Either that or it's an accident, I dunno. :( Just keep trying to get in and you will soon enough.

Posted by Breakman

Paulo says:
whats your name on there again?
a really cool guy named justin says:
JKM
**** i should just change it to break or something lmao
if you think it's random faga
fags
Paulo says:
oh lol, i didnt know that was you

Ffffff.

just changed my main nick to 'break' for you noobs
not like I really play with anyone else at the moment anyway

No more Jenkem?

Posted by Iris

Sorry about that. I didn't know and my friend had come back for doubles. D:

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]Well all these matches today were something else. I like how we can barely communicate but we still ended up setting up team battles. Nintendo's online system sure is awesome![/COLOR]

Posted by Breakman

pheww, great matches corrupt, great practice after nearly a week of not getting to play. I like how the one time I won was with the character I use the least :P

Though I was hoping for some more people to come in eventually, I gotta go for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is someone's bugging me to play cityfolk online and then I was gonna give my cousin the TV AND I gotta get up pretty early for tomorrow to top it all off

Posted by Corrupt

In all seriousness though, I enjoyed myself and was wondering why you had all quit out after only several matches. :( Maybe we can get the ball rolling again later this evening.

Edit: You too, Break. Remember, Lucas is the king of wifi for a reason. ;)

Posted by Arcadios

Fantastic timing.

My internet has been **** for the longest time.
Ask Dan. I'll try with Oswaldo but if it's unbearable I'd rather wait a day to see what I can do about it.

Posted by Arcadios

actually it's pretty good now

tested it with Dan

I'm ready to go on thanksgiving

Posted by Arcadios

nvm back to ****

Posted by O.T.L

Lets wait then.

Posted by Arcadios

SEEMS OKAY NOW

Just get on MSN and tell me when.
Sometime before 5 preferably.

Posted by O.T.L

Can you brawl now?

Posted by Arcadios

Can't do it now.

Expecting company. Maybe later tonight.

Posted by Linko_16

Hey guys wuts goin on in this thread.

Posted by Arcadios

Absolutely nothing.

I'm available all day today until 8PM EST.

You've got my MSN and I'm always on so contact me there.

Posted by Arcadios

ALRIGHT THEN

SUNDAY: ANY TIME PAST 5:30PM IS FINE FOR ME

Posted by Alastor

Oswaldo: Best match organizer ever.

Posted by Arcadios

k I won't be able to make it tomorrow unless it's after 10pm.

How long do I have to do this before I auto-advance?

Posted by Degeneration

Until Duke Nukem Forever comes out. I think it's in the last part of the tournament rules. Wouldn't know, though.

Posted by Breakman

yeah this is an exciting match

alastor's new avatar is adorable but i can't rep him again yet le sigh

Posted by O.T.L

i can play now

Posted by O.T.L

i can play now
i just got back from mexico..
that's why i haven't been able to brawl

Posted by Arcadios

Then get on MSN and we'll check out the connection with a practice run.

Posted by Arcadios

I'm already on MSN and Brawl.

Just waiting on you.

Posted by O.T.L

i cant get on msn
i'm on an ipod touch...

i'm gonna need your fc again...

Posted by Arcadios

Jeez, wtf happened to your computer?

# Nickname: Arc
# Location: New York
# FC: 3737-9191-8160

Posted by O.T.L

it's my bro's
and he's being a dick

Posted by Arcadios

My FC's on the previous post if you didn't see it.

Posted by O.T.L

ya
i got it..
you got mine down?
0946-3263-9736
host please
i'll be right on

gl

Posted by Arcadios

I've already got yours.

One practice round to check out the connection.

If it's fair then we'll start the next one but if not I'll get off and try some other time.

Posted by Arcadios

Room made.

Posted by Arcadios

Anytime now?

Posted by Arcadios

Way to be a faggot and not tell me you have a new one. >=O

Posted by Arcadios

And I win.

Posted by O.T.L

maybe i shoulda waited
for otl to play
XD

oh well
i hope he dont mind he lost XD

Posted by Ant

so that leaves airois against linko and arc right?

Posted by Arcadios

I'll go into details.

Practice Match
Wario (Arc) vs Link (OTL) on Pictochat

Was fooling around the entire time just to check out how lag was.
It had a good connection so we continued to play. And if you wondering who won, it was Oswaldo.

First Round
Metaknight (Arc) vs Link (OTL) on Smashville

It was a close match. We kept on going back and forth. I was down to around 70-80% damage and Oswaldo just got on his last life. I thought I was going to lose but I went on the offensive for the most part until I saw my damage build up little by little. I was able to get Os' damage up to the 100s while I stayed in the 90s. I knocked him over the right ledge with a forward smash which left him going down. What he usually does is press down and then jump back up with his hookshot. He didn't make it and went too far. Preformed an Up + B jump under the main platform with no chance to come back. I did my "BUTTHURT" taunt and that was the end.
Winnter: Arc

Second Round
Metaknight (Arc) vs Ice Climbers (OTL) on Halberd

I finally was able to get on Halberd and with Os being Ice Climbers I felt a little cautious since I never fought him with them but I didn't care. I went entirely on the offensive from the beginning which was going incredible well for me. He was able to get some good grab + charge shots on me but I was able to knock him out of his first life without taking too much damage. When his second one came around I ****ed around a big and whored B the whole time. I got a large amount of damage on him and then knocked him dead. He was on his last and I believe I was on my second. Played defense a bit while he used his B over and over. He got smacked by the crane a bit which left me an opening to attack. He jumped over my head at the middle of the platform which was about to use against him. I did a charged up smash and was able to blow both Nana and Popo off the screen.

Winner: Arc

Posted by O.T.L

good games dood
you spam da **** out of metaknight
but all is fair in love and war

link is ghei
to hard to use.. XD

nice cp on my ice climbers though
i hate that stage

anywayz
bye

d[-_-]b

Posted by Ant

you're such a modest player. how do you do it?

Posted by Arcadios

I PLAY TO WIN

LAWL

Posted by O.T.L

You can do it Aioros, I believe in thou.

Posted by Arcadios

You're doing it completely wrong.

IT'LL BE MYSELF
AND LINKO

I SHALL REPLACE ALASTOR AS LINKO'S KOHAI

BRO IS DEAD. HE'S NO LONGER HERE.
HOWEVER, ON MY BACK, WITHIN MY HEART, HE CONTINUES TO LIVE ON!
DIGGING A HOLE TO PIERCE THE HEAVENS.
EVEN IN A GRAVE, I CAN DRILL ON.
AND IF I BREAK THROUGH, IT'S MY VICTORY!

WHO DO YOU THINK I AM?!

Posted by Arcadios

Kinda in vain since Dan was apart of the opposing team.

Heh.

Posted by Aioros

Quoting O.T.L: maybe i shoulda waited
for otl to play

What?

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Arcadios: You're doing it completely wrong.

IT'LL BE MYSELF
AND LINKO

I SHALL REPLACE ALASTOR AS LINKO'S KOHAI

BRO IS DEAD. HE'S NO LONGER HERE.
HOWEVER, ON MY BACK, WITHIN MY HEART, HE CONTINUES TO LIVE ON!
DIGGING A HOLE TO PIERCE THE HEAVENS.
EVEN IN A GRAVE, I CAN DRILL ON.
AND IF I BREAK THROUGH, IT'S MY VICTORY!

WHO DO YOU THINK I AM?!

Hahaha. Arc is now kohai #2. We'll be counting on those Metaknight skills if I fall to Paul; it's who David beat him with last time and came close to beating him again this time.

Paul, tomorrow looks great for me since I get off of classes at like noon, but I can meet any day after that in the evening, too. Remind me if I have you on AIM or MSN and I'll try to be on whenever I'm available.

EDIT - lol, my Brawl message is still PAUL'S GOING DOWN, isn't it? It was David who set that for his match, I promise.

Posted by Stalolin

did we lose yet

i want to go again

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]Alright Linko, tomorrow I'll be home by 2pm EST so anytime after that should be fine.

Oh no, more MK madness! I did say Snake would be sitting this one out unless I run into some Meta Knights, so still sticking by my word.[/COLOR]

This started in October. It is now December.

Posted by Arcadios

Quoting Aioros: [COLOR="Yellow"]Alright Linko, tomorrow I'll be home by 2pm EST so anytime after that should be fine.

Oh no, more MK madness! I did say Snake would be sitting this one out unless I run into some Meta Knights, so still sticking by my word.[/COLOR]

Quoting Aioros: [COLOR="Yellow"]Quick Recap (from what i can remember):

Round 1: Smashville

I don't recall much about this one, other than it was close the entire fight but i pulled out a victory in the end.

Round 2: (Battlefield)

I was pretty sure i was going to lose this round. Iris was ahead with 2 stocks while i was down to my last. Once i was able to knock her down to 1 i was already at a hight percentage with mine. I knew i'd lose if i didn't pull something quick so when she was off the stage and coming back i jumped out with a forward aerial that hit and spiked her fresh stock. I won.

Round 3: Halberd

This one went pretty close til the end as well. But on our last stocks she was able to accumulate enough damage to send me flying with a f smash without me being able to comeback. I lost.

Round 4: Delfino Plaza

She pretty much owned me at the beginning of this round. I couldnt land a hit on her while she kicked me around and got me down to my last stock while she still had 3. In the end i almost pulled off a comeback by quickly getting rid of her 2 stocks, but when she was down to her last it was too little too late. I had already endured too much damage and she easily sent me flying with an up smash.

Round 5: Final Destination

This one was as close as it could get, there's not much to say. In the end we both got down to a dangerous percentage so it would come down to whoever pulled off the finishing hit first. Luckily i was able to get her with a f smash and won.[/COLOR]

>Zelda
>Zelda
>Zelda
>Zelda
>Zelda

>Snake
>Snake
>Snake

>No Metaknight

Posted by Iris

Great job, Arc, and good luck to Linko!

Posted by Aioros

Quoting Arcadios: >Zelda
>Zelda
>Zelda
>Zelda
>Zelda

>Snake
>Snake
>Snake

>No Metaknight

Yeaaaaaaaah, I used Snake on the last match against David's MK so i had to start with him. Notice how I asked Iris on a post before our fight if i could use someone else even though I won with Snake last; she said as part of the rules I had to use him. Also, notice how as soon as I lost with Snake and was able to change I switched to a different character even though it would've been much easier for me to stick with Snake. Also, notice how I didn't switch back to Snake after I lost my first match as DK, even though I could've to make things easier for me.

Yeeeeeeeah, nice try though. I'm a man of my word.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Aioros: [COLOR="Yellow"]Alright Linko, tomorrow I'll be home by 2pm EST so anytime after that should be fine.[/COLOR]

Ugh, just realized I haven't played Brawl in like two weeks, so can we make it kinda late in the day so I can spend it getting in the groove?

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: This started in October. It is now December.

Yeeeeah, we definitely need to figure out a way to do this next time so that we all do our matches for a round at once.

Posted by Arcadios

Quoting Aioros: Yeeeeeeeah, nice try though. I'm a man of my word.

Nah, just excuses.

Posted by Arcadios

So these last matches will run as 3 best of 3 or best of 5?

Posted by Iris

Uh, best of 5 since there's only one fighter left on one team.

Posted by Linko_16

Really? In before I win two and then Paul wins three.

Posted by Aioros

Quoting Arcadios: Nah, just excuses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqwFnyxu-OA

No Johns.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]Exactly.[/COLOR]

Posted by Arcadios

[youtube=IvwUq4U_hV0]IvwUq4U_hV0[/youtube]

Posted by Breakman

[center]
[youtube=oLOela-B0p0]oLOela-B0p0[/youtube]
[/center]

Hey this is the awesome you tube video thread right

i'd reply to the cool gurren lagann quote but i'm more like one of those idiots who ran into the teppelin like a lemming killing itself as far as this tournament goes

Posted by Aioros

I'm home now Linko, add me on MSN when you see this.

Posted by Linko_16

Every single match was amazing. Both constantly sweating buckets.

Round 1: Wario vs. [color=yellow]DK
, Frigate Orpheon
It was a bit of a surprise for me because, apparently having not paid much attention to the final round of the last match, I was expecting Snake and was gritting myself for the inevitable onslaught, counting myself lucky that Wario, who I had won with when I beat Dan's Wolf ages ago, didn't seem like too bad a counterpick for the foe I expected. I even paused the match as it began, thinking he had made a mistake. Once I understood, the match went on as planned. We started out pretty much neck-and-neck; he had some tactics to get my percentage up while I couldn't be knocked too far away, but once I was out of that, I managed to level the playing field and it was an even duel. I scored the first kill when I ledge-guarded against a long-shot recovery that might've made it otherwise- I didn't really mean to go for it, but I was right there and decided to stay put. However, he hit me with a down smash to knock me out also almost right away. Next life went over with basically the same pattern - once again, he gained a lead while I had low percentage, I caught up, got the first kill, foolishly fell to his down smash. By the end of the match, I had caught on to his low-percentage strategy and didn't fall for it so easily, but we still raged on basically level to one another. We were both freaking out, waiting to see who would win this intense, down-to-the-wire match... when poor Paul accidentally suicided. :( Round goes to Linko.

Round 2: Wario vs. DK, Battlefield
Again, I expected Snake, thinking surely he would make the switch now that his DK had lost, but he was confident in sticking with DK. If I recall correctly the first life was basically the neck-and-neck race it had been all along, until Paul suicided again at about 70-80% for both of us. He bounced right back to using quite the sneaky tactic I've never seen with DK, which was to use his forward grab to carry me off the ledge and bounce me (or as David and I say, tinker-boinked me) against the downward-angled side of the stage where I fell to my death. The next life (Just assume they're all neck-and-neck unless I say otherwise) I think went same as usual, and correct me if I'm wrong, Paul, but I think I scored the first kill again, but still fell to your down smash - if I had been smart enough to watch out for it by now, I might've taken Wario all the way! I think I just kinda got trounced in my last life. Round goes to Paul.

Round 3: Link vs. DK, Final Destination
The best counter-pick I could think of for DK is someone who could get around his outrageous range. Link has pretty great range also, and, of course, his projectiles. I started out as kind of a dick with the boomerang, much to my advantage: it successfully either kept him away, or, when it missed, swept him towards me, where I could catch him off-guard with a f-smash. Poor Paul suicided (DK's one real strong draw back) when I was about at ninety percent, and I think I might've gotten a short lead on him, but he hit me with the down smash again and sent me to my doom. In the next life things started out going basically the same, but when Paul was at only about forty, fifty or sixty percent, he hit me with one of his specialties I normally fear from Snake, which was an f-smash that sent me flying so hard horizontally that even if it hadn't KO'd me, I never would've been able to make it back with Link's weak recovery, despite my low percentage. Thankfully, I kept up my anti-DK strategies and caught back up - got one life off him, and in the end, with both of us shaking in our boots at ridiculously high percentages, I got the better of him. Round goes to Linko

Round 4: Link vs. DK, Luigi's Mansion
I was really expecting Snake this time, having just beaten him with a DK counterpick, but Paul bravely stuck to his promise to avoid Snake when not faced with MetaKnight. I had chosen Luigi's Mansion as a counterpick, having some nice long corridors for Link's projectiles, but Paul turned that **** against me with DK's fearsome ceiling-combo capabilities. We stuck to the ground floor for basically the entire match, probably both thinking that we could turn it's advantages against one another, and since few attacks made it to the upper floors, the mansion stayed in-tact for most of the time. I believe Paul originally got a big upperhand, but by the middle of our third lives I was starting to turn the tide. If I'm not mistaken, I got a good KO on him while I had some fair percentage, ran his up a good bit before he KO'd me, and although he struggled for it like a champ, using his superior range to keep me from getting close enough for a killing blow, but once the mansion finally began to collapse and the area was opened up to my smashes, he couldn't close the gap before I finally finished him off. Round goes to Linko.

Congrats big time to Paul for a valiant duel. You fought well, and you and Oswaldo nearly won it for your whole team. I TAKE MY HELMET OFF TO YOU.

Good job, Winners, everyone did great.
[/color]

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Linko_16;909488][COLOR=indigo]Good job, Winners, everyone did great.[/COLOR]

are you trying to say that Losers didn't do great

oh that hurts linko

i may not be very good at brawl, but i tried my best

Posted by Breakman

okay so who's up for some brawl

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Stalolin: are you trying to say that Losers didn't do great

oh that hurts linko

i may not be very good at brawl, but i tried my best

Not my fault you're worthless Lolin.

Posted by Stalolin

it's cool, i don't mind sucking at brawl as long as i can get some human opponent to play against. computer's a bit lacking sometime.

plus i have other things i'm better at, like puzzle league

Hooray

Posted by Arcadios

Senpai and Kohai #2.

**** Yes

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]Awesome matches! (the ones after too) Those were without a doubt the most intense and fun rounds in the tourny so far. A couple of hit and misses here and there would've made all the difference in every match.[/COLOR]

Posted by Linko_16

If I'm Kamina and Arc and Dan are two Simons, this means you have to be Viral.

Posted by Arcadios

Screw it.
Dan can be pre-timeskip Simon.

I'll be Adult Simon.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]May I ask, what in the h[COLOR="yellow"]e[/COLOR]ll are you all talkin' bout[/COLOR]?

Posted by Stalolin

i am lord genome

come face me simons

Posted by Arcadios

We're talking about the awesome.

So what does this make David?

Kittan?

Then who'll be Yoko?

[quote=Arcadios;909520]We're talking about the awesome.

So what does this make David?

Kittan?

Then who'll be Yoko?

**** yeah King Kittan

Obviously Iris has to be Yoko.

Posted by Linko_16

Tabuu can be Anti-Spiral.

ANTI-SPIRALU

They are kinda similar you know.

Posted by Breakman

Quoting Stalolin:
plus i have other things i'm better at, like puzzle league

puzzle league as in pokemon puzzle league/tetris attack/panel de pon? **** i'd love to have someone that's not terrible to play tetris attack online with sometime i love that ****

anyway if i can't be kittan or anything i guess i could settle for leeron

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/BreakmanDX/leeron.jpg[/IMG]

:3

Posted by Linko_16

First you have to prove that you're gay enough.

Posted by Alastor

tl;dr did my team win?

Posted by Breakman

the winners won

*feels of ya with my long squirmy fingers and makes smoochy faces*

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Alastor: tl;dr did my team win?

I'll give you a hint: Wario is G[color=indigo]od Tier.[/color]

Posted by Alastor

I guess not.

Posted by Ant

everything went just as planned. that's why I picked that team name.

Posted by Alastor

That's why you're the captain, Captain.

Posted by Arcadios

My appearance is necessary.

Posted by Linko_16

I don't think I'm getting enough congratulations here.

I beat Paul to win it for the team.

:(

Posted by Arcadios

You deserve all the praise.

I'll nab second for being Oswaldo.

Effortlessly

[spoiler]I'm lying. Cancer was driving me to the edge of my seat.[/spoiler]

Posted by Linko_16

'scool, Arc, you rock too.

Posted by Degeneration

No love until you fight each other.

I'm ****ing disgusted with my team.

Posted by Iris

Haha, wonderful job, Linko.

Everyone did fantastic, exceedingly well. If this tourney hasn't gone on long enough, we can do those round-robins we spoke of.

Posted by Ant

Probably best to call this one over.

look at this guy, what a sore loser.

Posted by Aioros

SHUT YOUR FACE.

Posted by Arcadios

Now they're playing the blame game.

WHO'S FAULT IS IT?

Posted by Stalolin

it's totally my fault

accepting all the blame for it

Posted by Degeneration

Don't blame yourself. Degeneration has left many a foe begging for mercy.

...Wait, we aren't talking about Tekken at all. nvm dude you blew it

Posted by O.T.L

Its my fault, I let my team down. I take full responsibility for the loss. :(

Posted by Arcadios

[youtube=V-ZvUDhiUtQ]V-ZvUDhiUtQ[/youtube]

Posted by Stalolin

i greatly enjoyed the watermark

Posted by Aioros

Quoting Stalolin: it's totally my fault

accepting all the blame for it

Sounds good, I'm cool with that.

Posted by Iris

Okay then, we can end the tournament here. We can just do something more creative next tournament.

Posted by Arcadios

And, dare I say it? In a more timely fashion.

Posted by Iris

I'll make the format work so we can do multiple matches at once.

Posted by Aioros

Quoting Iris: We can just do something more creative next tournament.

This one was actually more creative than past tournaments. The problem, I think, was that it works better when you have all the players together in one place, it doesn't really translate well to online play.

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Iris;911071]Okay then, we can end the tournament here. We can just do something more creative next tournament.

no items

final destination

metaknight only

Posted by Arcadios

dohoohohooh

why not whore ourselves?