I wish to purchase a car

Posted by Klarth

For sometime next year. Now, I have a shortlist:

I'm leaning towards a Citroen 2CV, because they're charismatic as **** and totally *****ing. I don't see myself doing many long-distance drives, so this would suit me for the near future.

Candidate two is a Lada. Any kind of Lada. I love these pieces of ****. Buying one from a rusky and finding the dash covered in orthodox icons would charm the hell out of me, too.

Final option on the list is a VW van because I am a lethargic hippie delinquent and nothing would please me more than having a PARTY BUS.

Disclaimer: You will not sway me into pursuing a vehicle that isn't horrible/ironic. I would genuinely enjoy owning any of the above.

Posted by coromoro

I know absolutely nothing about cars, but I gotta say, that first choice looks hella sexy. :cool:

Posted by O.T.L

The first car is very sexy indeed.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

can you even drive yet? also how do you plan on finding obscure cars like these and insuring them at a reasonable rate, insurance companies charge massive premiums for new drivers and also drivers who drive old pieces of **** that are likely to break

you need a sick ride like mine:

[IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/1/17/Punto3.jpg/799px-Punto3.jpg[/IMG]

post your rides itt

that said, get the 2CV

Posted by O.T.L

[IMG]http://i338.photobucket.com/albums/n406/O-T-L/Tahoe.jpg[/IMG]

My Tahoe is so reliable. I love it. ^_^

Posted by UncleYaris

Posted by junior senior

get a minivan. please.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Prepare to pay out the *** for that ****. Like X said, insurance will ****ing nail you for those cars, and I'd imagine the repair bills will add up over time.

Posted by Klarth

[quote]can you even drive yet?
nope
[quote]also how do you plan on finding obscure cars like these
fleabay or boot sales. My brother picked up his 2A Landy at a sale down in the southeast a few years ago. Paid

Well good luck with all of that then. Hopefully it won't cost a metric ****load when all is said and done.

Posted by mis0

I think the C2V is the most chic of the lot. VW vans are cliche and Ladas are sorta boring compared with other awesome Soviet rides (Tatras come to mind). But if you wanna be really cool, you should find an Opel Kadet A like Hammond did. OLIVER~!!!

Other horrible cars to consider:

[IMG]http://i36.tinypic.com/fxv23n.jpg[/IMG]
Sachsenring Trabant

Where it's from: East Germany
Why it's horrible: 2 stroke, 600cc engine. Made out of duraplast - basically cardboard. Will never ever pass MOT.
You will: feel the wind in your hair as you scream up to speeds nearing 30mph and quite possibly die as the car disintigrates around you!

[IMG]http://i33.tinypic.com/4gknwk.jpg[/IMG]
ZAZ 968m 'Запорожец'

Where it's from: Russia and the Ukraine
Why it's horrible: Rear-mounted ~880cc V4 is actually pretty reliable, as is the car. But Zaporozhets, the name of the car, is similar to the Russian word for constipation.
You will: stand in awe of the 30 raging Russian ponies as you slide into a ditch after spinning the ***-heavy ZAZ.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

how the hell would you find these cars jesus

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

wanna see mis0's ride

Posted by Klarth

Quoting The X: how the hell would you find these cars jesus

ebay

fo real

Can't imagine buying a car from eBay. Though I assume you'd look for a listing near you so you can actually see and test the car...

Posted by Slade

gee dang, go for the 2CV. You have to take advantage of only needing a car for city driving.

Posted by Klarth

Plus, if I ever take any of these up to the big smoke, I don't have to pay congestion :)

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Only mine's dark purple. For you, get the first one. Looks pretty rad.

Posted by budgetgadgets.com

I love the first car. Cute.

Posted by Lord of Spam

soon...

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

no motorcycles in the army, too rock n roll

i would kill for an old-fashioned motorbike and sidecar though, completing the look with a helmet, aviator goggles and an awesome scarf

Posted by mis0

Quoting The X: how the hell would you find these cars jesus

They're not that uncommon if you have an eye for cars. I saw a few Trabants and one ZAZ in Paris alone in the week I was there.

Posted by Ch

[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y102/User245/toyota_paseo_a1122661828b736554.jpg[/IMG]
Get a green 96' Toyota Paseo with standard transmission.

I'm not kidding. I wouldn't drive anything else. I was offered my father's Audi but I declined because I love it so much.

Posted by Lord of Spam

i love crappy cars. you get to know them, and they almsot develop a personality.

miss my truck:(

Posted by Ch

Didn't your truck get broken into a while back?

Posted by mis0

Quoting Lord of Spam: i love crappy cars. you get to know them, and they almsot develop a personality.

miss my truck:(

Me too. I especially love old 60's land yachts in various stages of dilapidation. After I get me new car, I might pick something up if I can find one with a small pricetag (an old Continental would be <3). If I lived in Europe, I'd be all over a Trabant or C2V.

[IMG]http://i34.tinypic.com/23ifq6b.jpg[/IMG]
'66 Lincoln Continental

I love this thing because of the suicide doors and 19' total length, making it much longer than a Hummer. A true land yacht if there ever was one.

old suvs are the best. that boxy mean look, yeah. looks especially good with a bit of rust and wear.

Posted by Lord of Spam

[QUOTE=Ch

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

i want a nuclear-powered cadillac

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

you're just on an impulse buy. Don't do it. Be sensible and get something more economic and wallet-friendly.

Posted by Klarth

no, I've been pondering those three since I was 15.

Might as well get a car you enjoy now before you settle down and have to get something serious and easy on your wallet.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

i wonder if it's possible for klarth to drive a 5-door family sedan in a post-ironic way

Posted by Klarth

it would be quite amusing

"im driving a family car all alone"

****, I could spring for one of those horrible american ones with the faux wood panelling on the side, and drive around town all day blasting black metal and RATM

Posted by Lord of Spam

buy volvo station wagon
lower
subs
body kit
WIN

Posted by mis0

Quoting netman: it would be quite amusing

"im driving a family car all alone"

****, I could spring for one of those horrible american ones with the faux wood panelling on the side, and drive around town all day blasting black metal and RATM

yeah man get a station wagon (estate in the uk?) like this:

[IMG]http://i33.tinypic.com/mmcsic.jpg[/IMG]

bonus points for hideous 70's color.

Posted by Lord of Spam

needs more mis0BUICK

Posted by Tyler Durden

Lincholns are nice no matter what model, especially the older ones. All because of that little crosshair-like hood ornament. Should you ever get drunk and go slinging that big *** beast down a highway, have no fear because you have a built in aiming system right on the hood to guide you within the lines.

Posted by Stalolin

95 camry

can't complain about any aspect of it

accelerates pretty nice too for a 10+ year old car

Posted by Tyler Durden

Most of those outdated little eco-sedans are hot sellers on craigslist. We just sold a 96 Chevy-Geo Prizm for like $1500, most of the engine/related components were replaced/repaired. I miss that Geo, no matter how wussy it made a big guy like me look whilst driving around in it. It handled like a *** and pwn'd in gas mileage.

Quoted post: 95 camry

can't complain about any aspect of it

accelerates pretty nice too for a 10+ year old car

Haha, that's the car I'm buying. Just light blue.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

will it feel weird to not drive a van

I've been driving a Yaris for awhile now, since my van got totaled. So I'm used to it.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

i was gonna get a yaris once, true story

felt kinda small though

Yaris's are sweet. My friend just got one. lil bug

Yeah, they drive really nice but I wouldn't buy one.

Aren't reliable? Or because they're bugs?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

girly car

Quoted post: Aren't reliable? Or because they're bugs?

Pretty **** reliable, but I don't like the look of it and there're cheaper cars that're better on gas. Only problem I've seen with my sisters is that the glass that holds the speedometer and **** came a tiny bit loose so when you go really fast it starts to rattle. Just stuck a piece of paper in between it and the dash and now it's fine.

Posted by mis0

The Yaris is sorta ugly on the outside, and the center-mounted tach and speedo is just annoying, not clever. Like most Toyota products, they're put together well, but I'd rather have a Honda Fit if I was buying something in that segment.

Yeah, the center-mounted **** is stupid as ****. I don't get that at all. It's way easier to look straight down rather than down and over.

So yeah, this camery I'm getting needs about 1200 in repairs. ****ing sucks, but apparently it's in *****ing condition other than something with the exhaust, driver window and one of the shocks. Still cheaper than everything else.

Yeah, hatchbacks are ugly by default, but idk it's actually cute in a way. I'd never buy one, though.

Why are you buying a really old car nevermind one that needs repairs? What if they end up costing way more than you imagined? When my neon died (rip my little piece of ****) I definitely wasn't getting an older car. Well, mine isn't brand new or anything but at least it's of this millennium!

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Angelwing: Yeah, hatchbacks are ugly by default

[img=http://www.diseno-art.com/images/Renault_Clio_V6.jpg]You shut your whore mouth when men are talking[/img]

[spoiler] just in case that sounds as harsh as i think it does, <3 jk[/spoiler]

Posted by mis0

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Yeah, the center-mounted **** is stupid as ****. I don't get that at all. It's way easier to look straight down rather than down and over.

I think they do it so they can keep costs low while selling the car in both left-hand drive and right-hand drive markets. With the dash more modular, they only need one molding, and to aim the speedo & tach toward the drivers seat a little bit, instead of making a reverse-mold and building a whole bunch of reverse bits.

Quoting Lord of Spam: You shut your whore mouth when men are talking

Being a sailor sure has made you a crude person, mr. miller. ;)

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Lord of Spam;903277]You shut your whore mouth when men are talking
[quote=mis0;903338]
Being a sailor sure has made you a crude person, mr. miller. ;)

In MY Navy, men talk down to women all the time..
[IMG]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y85/jacob_hi/Blogger/drtpiratehooker.jpg[/IMG]

Quoted post: Yeah, hatchbacks are ugly by default, but idk it's actually cute in a way. I'd never buy one, though.

Yaris hatchback is really nice. But this is a sedan looking though. Looks stupid as **** from the rear.

Quoted post:
Why are you buying a really old car nevermind one that needs repairs? What if they end up costing way more than you imagined? When my neon died (rip my little piece of ****) I definitely wasn't getting an older car. Well, mine isn't brand new or anything but at least it's of this millennium!

Really low mileage and in great condition. It's impossible to find a car under a thousand these days, let alone one that will actually run. I mean, right now, there's no point in me getting a new car, I just want something that I can drive from point a to b, and an old car in good condition is all I need.

Quoted post: I think they do it so they can keep costs low while selling the car in both left-hand drive and right-hand drive markets. With the dash more modular, they only need one molding, and to aim the speedo & tach toward the drivers seat a little bit, instead of making a reverse-mold and building a whole bunch of reverse bits.

That's, uh, pretty lame. But I guess it's smart business. Too bad it ends up looking a little silly.