Guys what do I get

Posted by Shade

Fallout 3 or Fable 2. I was sold on getting FO3 this week until I played Fable 2 at my buddy's house and it's pretty **** cool.

So you decide. Other game will wait until Christmas.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

haha, geez. This is easy. Fallout.

I mean, Fable is really good in its own right, but it's not quite the same epic experience as Fallout. It feels very casual, very simplified. Which is good, but it's also a drawback. It didn't find the right balance.

Whereas Fallout is Oblivion and Oblivion was awesome. Plus, you're gonna put mega hours into it.

Posted by Shade

Aren't there gonna be all sorts of glitches though?

Never played Oblivion, btw.

Posted by #061402

Well, the Achievements for Fable 2 looks like the kind you could have some real fun doing, and I sort of liked Fable (Which I completed just a few days ago. For the first time), but I really can't tell yet.

Get both. Can always just return the one you don't like.

Posted by Shade

Don't have a fat enough wallet for that kind of idea, Mr. Numbers.

Posted by Panic!

Fable 2.

Posted by Ant

From what I've seen of Fable II, I'm going to pretty much agree with his reasons as to why you should go with Fallout III. It's just way deeper and has a much more indepth choice system than that of Fable, which is pretty shallow.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

fallout 3 is too complex for shade

Ant's correct. You got two open-world RPGs. Fable II is casual incarnate from the action to the story to the world itself. Fallout 3 is quite a bit more deep and complex from everything from skills, perks, choices and combat. The former you'll likely never die once, the latter you'll get your *** handed to you if you're not careful. The former will last around 25 hours, the latter will last upwards to 100 and beyond. Shallow, deep. Small, big. etc etc

So it really comes down to what suits your style. "Casual" or "hardcore"

they both have dogs though

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

How does the dog work in FO3? Is it supposed to be like Dogmeat in FO2, or some kind of permanent companion/aide?

Far from permanent. Think of him like a horse you can't ride on. He has crazy health and stamina and will try and **** **** up, but he can die. Other than that he just hunts out loot and ammo for you.

Though you can leave him where you are or send him back to the vault if you don't want him around you. Which might be best if you don't want to see him die.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Pretty much a next-gen Dogmeat then, awesome.

He's better than the dog from Fable II if you ask me. Because that guy just gets in your way and makes you rage.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

all the companions in FO2 made me rage. old-school AI that didn't know how to get out of your way, and then you gave the tribal guy a flamethrowers and he would always hit you by accident oh ****

Same as oblivion in this case. So no more of that ****.