If each character could actually have their own level, or a GOOD level.

Posted by maian

What would it be?

In my opinion, one of the stupidest things that happened to Brawl was many of the levels. The Mario series got like, six, whereas Zelda gets one. Elektroplankton. Pictochat. What on Earth? Why does each character not get their own level? Anyway, basically, just assign each character to a level, and if they don't have one, think of one that you would think would be cool.

Mario: Mushroomy Kingdom

Luigi: Luigi's Mansion

Bowser: How about a Bowser's Castle level? Nay, a Mario Kart Bowser's Castle level. Two birds with one stone.

Peach: Remastered Peach's Castle stage, plz

Yoshi: Yoshi's Island

Zelda: TP Hyrule Castle rooftops

Toon Link: Pirate Ship

Ganondorf: Ganon's Tower, while Hyrule is flooding. Gawd that'd be sick.

Lucario: Palkia/whatever

Pikachu: Some location in Pokemon Red/Blue would be cool.

Pokemon Trainer: Pokemon Stadium

Jigglypuff: Fscking remastered Pokefloats

Ness: Foursquare. What happened to that? :(

Lucas: New Pork City

Samus: How about something from Metroid Prime that's cooler than Frigate Orpheon? Phendrana Drifts, anyone?

Zero Suit Samus: She needs a level just for the sake of having another Metroid level that...doesn't have lava or acid. SUP NORFAIR LOL! How about something from Metroid Fusion?

Fox: Although I actually like Lylat Cruise as a level, what happened to Great Fox? Am I the only one that expected another one? I would love to see a Great Fox level modeled after Assault. It would be a lot different, but still cool.

Falco: Just give him Lylat Cruise, because he's a huge faggot

Wolf: Something like Venom?

Marth: Castle Siege

Ike: Something...Fire Emblemy.

ROB: One of the retro stages is fine, I guess

Donkey Kong: Something that's not Rumble Falls. Because it's stupid. Maybe a rendition of the jungle that's not his hut, or uh, the wooden...boat...thing from Melee.

Diddy Kong: WHY WAS THERE NOT ANYTHING FROM DKC2 IN THIS GAME, SAVE FOR BRAMBLE BLAST? IT'S LIKE THE BEST PLATFORMER EVER MADE RAAAGH. On that note, Bramble Blast would be an interesting level. Or one of the beehives. Or something.

ANYWAY

I would've put more detail into this if I had more time, but you get the idea. Basically, just think of stages you'd like to see for specific characters that didn't get one, or replace a crappy stage they have.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Pictochat. What on Earth?

That level is ****ing awesome. That's why.

Posted by maian

Yeah, Pictochat was kind of a bad example. I actually like that level. But, Hanenbow? Come on. In my opinion, the amount of characters that each series has in SSB should reflect the amount of stages it deserves. So, why'd we get levels like Mario Bros, and fecking 75M? Not only are these two stages completely unoriginal (Turning the original pixelated layout 3D LOL), they don't really have a character that represents them. Mario and Donkey Kong, yes, but they already have levels from their own series. Again, Hanenbow. And some just got really crappy levels. Donkey Kong may pretty much suck now, but it used to be awesome, and we get Jungle Falls? I weep.

Donkey Kong always got ****ty stages. It's to be expected.

Anyways, they all have their own stages, they just share them. No one is unrepresented when it comes to stages, and not every series needs more than one stage.

Posted by Ant

Only series I think that really got jipped was the Kirby series. Only Halberd? Should have had a new Fountain of Dreams at least. Otherwise I think everyone got their fair share.

Posted by Zeta

[quote]No one is unrepresented when it comes to stages

ROB.

Posted by Ant

ROB's a faggot and doesn't count

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]ROB doesn't have a game to pull a stage from. Unless you want it to be some japanese kid's bedroom or something stupid like that.[/COLOR]

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Isn't ROB's the classic Mario Bros stage?

75m and Mario Bros. are his two stages if you ask me. Classic gaman in his forte

Posted by David M. Awesome

I would have liked to see Dedede's Arena as a stage. Can't think of anything else at the moment.

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Donkey Kong always got ****ty stages. It's to be expected.

I actually liked his 64 level. Kongo Jungle from Melee was awesome, too. Don't see why they picked Jungle Japes over it.

I'm amazed the Kirby series only got one new stage, what with Sakurai and all. **** sucks. Kirby has way too much awesome music to be stuck with only one stage. Same goes for the Mother series. All that awesome music is wasted on New Pork City. :(

Seconding Ganon's Tower, but it'd probably be the OoT version, unless they want to make Toon versions of Zelda and Ganon.

...I'd really ****ing like Toon Ganondorf, now that I think about it. DUAL SWORDS YEEEAH

Posted by Breakman

Quoting Ant: ROB's a faggot and doesn't count

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

He's actually my favorite character. He's adorable and I love robots.

anyway, he did have two games, though I haven't played them I imagine a stage with stuff going on based on what would be happening were you playing the actual game with a R.O.B. with an NES could be pretty neat. Though, in my opinion, something TOTALLY KILLER that would fit perfectly with R.O.B. as a character and the NES Medley as a song would be like an oldschool 'shifting' stage--obviously instantly illegal for serious play and such, but constantly 'changing' to completely different stages, like playing through a round of 9-Volt's minigames in a Wario Ware game--like, a vertically-scrolling Metroid 1 Brinstar area, a Zelda cave with the old man shooting fireballs at you or something, a Mario 3 airship scene scrolling to the right, etc.

Also, about Ganon's Tower, not only is that an awesome idea, and not only is Toon Ganon an AWESOME idea (I LOVED that iteration of him), but a Ganon that's not even remotely a clone of Falconor any other character would be just way too cool.

Posted by Alastor

Toon Ganondorf actually wouldn't be too far fetched for the fourth Smash Bros., considering they started coding a Toon Zelda/Sheik character for Brawl.

WW Ganondorf was the best Ganon. Would've been a superior choice. Plus, his robes would've covered his ****ty running animation.

Posted by maian

Yes, Toon Ganondorf was easily the coolest Ganondorf. Not only did he look pretty awesome, he just was pretty awesome all around.

...I don't really know how they would do a flooding-top-of-Ganon's-Tower level without making it pretty plain, but gawd that'd be awesome.

Posted by Ant

lightning could strike the stage or some other WACKY stuff.

and **** you ALASTOR, New Pork City is a fun level if you aren't a camping douche.

Posted by Linko_16

A Tetris level. Might just be fun for the novelty of it, but a level where you jump from piece to piece as they fall. Maybe the bottom of the stage is a pit, so if gaps are created that lead through the bottom row, you'd have to watch out and try not to fall. The side would be walls, of course, but the top would be clear. Not sure if it would actually be fun to fight in or not, but it'd be a cool design.

Someplace from Pokemon that's not ****ing Pokemon Stadium. Seriously, it was cool once, but there's a whole *** **** world of places in the Pokemon canon that could've been used.

Some temple from a Zelda game. "Temple" was a great stage and all, but it didn't look much like anything that actually appeared in any of the games, except maybe bearing a fleeting resemblance to the architecture of the Temple of Time.

This stage isn't exactly needed, but I sure would've liked to see what kind of stage they could make out of Moonside.

Uh, that's all that comes to mind.

Posted by Aioros

Quoting David M. Awesome: I would have liked to see Dedede's Arena as a stage.

[COLOR="Yellow"]That's a stage i was sure would make it in (i still think it will eventually find itself in a Smash game). There's no way it didn't come up when the developers were brainstorming stage ideas.

And sorry to go against everyone else but WW Ganon is fat, i don't like him. I still think OoT Ganon is the coolest looking one, as he was in Melee.[/COLOR]

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Ant: and **** you ALASTOR, New Pork City is a fun level if you aren't a camping douche.

Huge as **** with no decent individual battlefields. Temple is superior.

Posted by Breakman

Quoting David M. Awesome: I would have liked to see Dedede's Arena as a stage. Can't think of anything else at the moment.

You know, I was thinking that'd be in, too. And that it'd have Punch-Out music and Rawk Hawk and stuff like that as optional tunes. Heck, I'd have loved for Rawk Hawk or any cool Paper Mario characters to have been assist trophies.

And man, that final fight scene from WW would have been an excellent arena--but by the time SSB4 comes out, there might be even more Zeldas around to worry about, and even less of a chance they'll bring in another character from an older game like that (unless they happen to make another one in WW style which I somehow doubt, other than of course the handheld ones they already have)

I like Linko's tetris idea. It's Poke Floats except better.

Posted by David M. Awesome

It would be like that one stage in I Wanna Be the Guy

Posted by Linko_16

That was a great stage.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;895975]WW Ganondorf was the best Ganon. Would've been a superior choice. Plus, his robes would've covered his ****ty running animation.

[quote=Aioros;896082][COLOR=Yellow]And sorry to go against everyone else but WW Ganon is fat, i don't like him. I still think OoT Ganon is the coolest looking one, as he was in Melee.[/COLOR]

He wasn't fat, he was just evil boned. Him being cell shaded, I'm more than sure the animations he could have received would have been awesome, and dual wielding swords would have been a final break from all these single sworded sissy's. ****ing run animation :mad:

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Dark Bulb 4.3: He wasn't fat, he was just evil boned.

I lol'd.

But yeah, he wasn't fat, just "big" in the artistic style of the game.

he was a wizard. magic bloat