Tab request?

Posted by Kendra, Warrior Babe

Okey dokey, so my sister and I (on her guitar and my violin) are putting together something of an act for a program held at the library; we'll be doing classical songs, as well as a few classic (and contemporary) rock songs, contrasting songs like "The Battle Hymn of the Republic" on her guitar with "Iron Man" on my violin, as well as "Beethoven's Fifth" with the chorus of "We Will Rock You". So far, so good; there are a couple others we're going to throw in there, as well as one duet. However, for one of the sets we are having problems putting the songs together; we're going to do the vocal parts for "The Devil Went Down To Georgia" and the vocal for "Through The Fire and Flames" - as those are, respectively, the most "fiddle" and "guitar" songs we can think of.
But, we can't find any decent tabs for either one; mostly, I figure, because no one wants to hear "The Devil" on a guitar and everyone who tabs "Fire and Flames" just wants to focus on the guitar riffs.
So, can anyone help? Either write up some tabs - because mine aren't worth a **** - for them, or direct me to some good ones? Also, I need one for Europe's "The Final Countdown".

Posted by Shade

Wow, you must be pretty **** good on the violin if you can play Devil.

Posted by Richaod

Sounds like a cool idea... but I don't entirely get it. Do you want tablature for songs' vocal lines? Given that you have multiple strings, there are a lot of ways you could go about that... You can't learn it by ear? (and how do you learn tabs on violin anyway?)

Also, you might want to look up the Guitar Hero III version of The Devil Went Down to Georgia - it seems metal enough to suit you.

I'm not playing Devil on my violin - it will be played on a guitar. I'll be doing TTFAF. Yes, I want tabs for the vocal lines - because neither my sister or I want to even try to tackle the monster that is the guitar tabs for either of those songs.
I do the tabs on the violin by matching the same notes up. I figured I would just ask for tabs instead of sheets, as I thought I would be more likely to get help. I've tried doing it by ear, but I really kind of suck at that.

Posted by Shade

Should really do devil on violin instead of guitar. protip

The point is that its supposed to be backasswards.

Posted by Richaod

Gimme a day and I'll see if I can extract some vocal lines from any existing Guitar Pro tabs I have.

You'd think the vocal lines would be pretty easy to play though - that is, if you can sing it or at least recognize the distances between the notes, it shouldn't theoretically be that hard to play on an instrument. Dunno, maybe that's just how I perceive music (apologies if that sounded condescending).

Don't bother, the show's tomorrow night and we went with something else. We decided to just do "Rock 'N' Rolle Heaven" by the Righteous Brothers. T'will be good. Thanks anyways, though. :D

Posted by Richaod

Um, I emailed it to you... (using the MSN address in your profile). Hmm.

Oh, my, I haven't checked that in years... Thanks, though.

:bounce: