Favorite Kevin Smith Comedy

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR=Yellow]For me it's a tie between Mallrats and Dogma.

Snooch to the motha f***in' nooch![/COLOR]

Posted by Mixhael

Clerks by a long shot.

Posted by rivercitytecmo

clerks > mallrats > dogma/chasing amy > . . . > a random shitty movie > jay and silent bob strike back

"try to not suck any dick on the way to the parking lot! . . .hey! get back here!"

Posted by Dexter

Hey, where's Jersey Girl!?

Dogma would have to be my favorite, closely followed by Chasing Amy.

Posted by bazariah

i go with dogma, it was a sweet idea for a movie, and to have jay and silent bob as the prophets was genius

jasb:sb rules as a stand alone movie too, it's just so funny

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Chasing Amy isn't really a comedy. It's more of a drama than anything. It has some funny stuff in it, but it's not really that slap-sticky funny, like Jay and Silent Bob.

Also, I'd like to note that Dogma is one of the few films that I can think that doesn't have a love story. Think about that.

My personal fave is Dogma, for how Smith points out idiocy in the Catholic church. I love it!

However, one of the funniest lines in film is in Clerks:

Dante: "37! My girlfriend sucked 37 dicks!"
Customer: "In a row?"

Posted by Kit

Either Dogma or Jay and Silent Bob strike back, I've only seen those and Chasing Amy, and didn't really like that film.

Posted by William

Isn't Chasing Amy a TV series? :p

Well, I haven't seen Clerks yet, but out of the ones I have seen...I'll have to say Dogma. It was funny, at times.

Posted by Kit

Quoting William: Isn't Chasing Amy a TV series? :p

Not that I know of.

Posted by William

I might have it confused with something else lol

Posted by Mixhael

Haha, I think you're thinking of "Judging Amy" on CBS. Either that or "Chasing Farrah" on TV Land.

Posted by William

Yep, thanks...it's "Judging Amy". I just came here into this thread to post that, since I saw the commercial for it on TV earlier...

Posted by SuperSoupy

Everyone just seems to be mentioning their favourite kevin smith film here, if thats the case then its Dogma for me, snooch to the motha f**in nooch indeed!

For favourite COMEDY, thats probably Jay and SB Srike Back.

And as for Jersey Girl, well is it just me or is Kevin Smith single handedly making AND breaking Ben Affleck's carreer?

Posted by bazariah

did anybody ever read the book chasing dogma? it's set between the two movies and im looking for a copy, everytime i find a place which sells it, by the time i get there they are always sold out

Posted by Dandelion

Dogma. I watched that several times when I had chicken pox ^_^

Posted by Vg200x

lmao. how many people are a fan of silent bob's movies? (something smith i forgot his first name). I really like mallrats and I haven't see the whole of clearks 2 .but my cousin has a clip of when they were arguing about the lord of the rings and starwars. I about fell on the floor" 3 freakin movies about walking to a volcano"" in the first movie they walked (he moves 2 inches)"in the second they walked(moves again)" evan the freakin TREES walked.lmao. and sence the title is smoochie boochie.. I thought I saw jay as some young kid on CSI or some law and order show? it could of been the kid from harry potter but do you think jay is to nutty to be in a none funny serious T.V show?

Posted by Bebop

The only comedy I've seen all the way through and remembered of his is jay and Silent Bob Striker Back which, for the lack of a better word, was dreadful in every sense of the word. I've gotten more laughs from pheadophila court cases.

Posted by Hyper

Clerks. It's just so good.

Posted by Vg200x

well when was this poll made? I was wondering why all my kevin smith post were getting deleted. each movie has it's own good part. I like it when jay go smoochie boochies in mallrats, ROFLMAO the fuk fuk song in jay and silent bob strike back, and the lord of the rings and star wars arguement in clearks2.