Official MLB Thread

Posted by Mixhael

Support your MLB squad throughout the year in here! Landmark games, extra inning wins, strike outs, series sweeps, and stolen bases...

My throat is still kinda sore from screaming during that magical Opening Day at Dodger Stadium, but the Dodgers provided the best game I have ever seen in my life and hopefully it sets the tone for the season to come. I'm glad I went and stayed the full 9 innings (!!!) unlike your typical LA fan. GO BLUE!

[IMG]http://www.latimes.com/media/photo/2005-04/17111555.jpg[/img]

Barry didn't play, but he left something on the field Opening Day! BALLLLCOOOOO

Posted by rivercitytecmo

let's go mets go.

1-0 in the 11th on a reyes single. here they come.

Posted by Momentum

Go D-Backs. Let's try not to lose 111 games again.

Later

Posted by brownoystercult

But I mean what the hell is up with the Yankees? They have such a good team and they've been doing horrible. Just recently they lost to the KC Royals the worst team in the MLB. What's up?

Posted by Corrupt

Yeah, there was already a good thread about baseball, so I merged your topic with this one. Now this is the official MLB discussion thread. :kirby:

Anyway, I'm extremely happy with the way the Padres have been playing this season, especially during the month of May. I mean, come on... 22-6 during that entire month. That's just phenomenal, especially considering all the horrible May blues the Padres have had in past years. Even though they just lost 3 out of 4 games to the Chicago Cubs, I still think they have the potential to go all the way this year... well, at least to the playoffs. But, I can tell ya, life is pretty good when you lead all of your NL West rivals, with no sign of letting up. (hi mixhael! :))

And, about the Yankees... haha, all I'm going to say is that I'm delighted that they already don't have a 20 game lead in the AL East. :rolleyes: Kudos to the Red Sox and Orioles... keep doing what you're doing, guys. Maybe the Yankees won't make the playoffs for once.

Posted by Mixhael

The NL West has always been about pitching, and Peavy/Eaton look unstoppable. Padres basically have 2 aces so that's a tough thing to compete with. They look like the real deal, but I'm still not convinced of their hitting power. If they're leading by the All-Star break, I'll give in... maybe

Dodgers have been more than streaky of late. Win, Lose, Win, Lose, Lose, Win, Lose, Win, Lose, Lose. It seems like Kent/Drew are waking up, but it's still a huge "we'll see" type of season for them. The pitchers are taking any win they can get and are struggling to keep their offense in the game.

Oh by the way, you been to any games at Petco Park lately Corrupt? Is it true fans want that on-the-field bullpen eliminated? I hate looking at it. At least both of us can take some enjoyment from watching the Giants blow games while Bonds sits out long enough to get the steroids out of his system. Good times

Posted by Early Demise

Give it up for the Padres. We have a great pitching staff so far this year and our hitting aint to shabby either. I think some players like Klesko and Shaun at third should most definately be hitting better though.

I think the Yanks will go to the championship once again, but if they have the opportunity to face the White Sox, I think that they'll get shut down quickly. The White Sox look unstoppable this year.

Posted by El Capitan

Rangers are kicking *** right now, but Angels would to if Vladimir Gurerro isn't hurt.

Posted by Corrupt

Holy hell, I was furious at the result of today's game vs. the Indians. Top of the 11th, 2 outs, runners at second and third. Greene gets a nice easy ground ball, and throws it to Nevin, who normally fields the ball just fine. He bobbles it, and it gets away from him, allowing a run to score. Cleveland gets another one to make it 2-0, and then they win the game. All because of an error. Man, and B-Law pitched so well today... it's a shame he had to settle for a no-decision. But, you do know... this means WAR! :link:

Quoting Mixhael: Oh by the way, you been to any games at Petco Park lately Corrupt? Is it true fans want that on-the-field bullpen eliminated? I hate looking at it. At least both of us can take some enjoyment from watching the Giants blow games while Bonds sits out long enough to get the steroids out of his system. Good times

Surprisingly enough, I haven't been to Petco Park yet, although I'm definitely going at least once this month. I really disliked Qualcomm Stadium, so that's why I didn't attend too many baseball games, but now that we have a new ballpark, I don't see why the hell not. It's been a year, and I think it's about time that I go. And no, I haven't heard anything about the bullpen, so I wouldn't really know anything about that. I know a lot about the game, but I don't know a whole lot about Petco Park.

And yeah, haha... I'm glad that the Giants are slowly slipping away into what I like to call "Rocky territory," a.k.a. last place in the NL west. I'm sure the Rockies are surprised to see a team that's only five and a half games ahead of them. :p

Posted by Mixhael

:bangbang: :bangbang: :bangbang: [IMG]http://mlb.mlb.com/images/2004/02/18/aiyDNFwn.jpg[/IMG] :shake: :shake: :shake:

Posted by Corrupt

:D:D:D :D:D:D

1-0, man... 1-0.

edit: 2-1!!!!!

Posted by Ch

Quoting El Capitan: Rangers are kicking *** right now, but Angels would to if Vladimir Gurerro isn't hurt.

How long is he on the DL?

Posted by Ch

Sry about the double post but did anybody watch the Red Sox vs. Blu Jays game today? I'm so infuriated at that stupid 2 base umpire. Wells did nothing wrong. Idiots.

Posted by TopgunFFX

lets go Braves, They took over 1st place in the East recently Braves are getting that number 14 !!! they lost big tonigh ttho but o well gotta put that behind them they are facing one the best teams in baseball st louis... GO BRAVES!!!