"Incorrect" Character/Stage Association

Posted by Alastor

ITT: Characters you associate with stages other than ones from their respective series, as well as any reason(s) you might have.

Lucas / Halberd
Not quite sure why. Probably just because it's a good stage for Lucas.

Meta Knight / Final Destination
Partially because Ant's own association has rubbed off on me, and partially because Meta Knight, Final Destination and tourneyfaggotry in general are all pretty heavily related.

Captain Falcon / Pictochat
No clue.

Bowser / Frigate Orpheon
Probably a mix of the general eerie atmosphere of Frigate Orpheon and the presence of the Parasite Queen in the background. Gives off an almost "evil" vibe.

Toon Link / Smashville
Toon Link fits in quite well with the cartoonish residents of Animal Crossing. I still associate Toon Link first and foremost with Pirate Ship, but this one comes in second for sure.

Snake / Corneria
No idea.

Posted by Arcadios

In b4 Snake gets stuck on Great Fox's Gunnery.

Posted by Alastor

Love when that happens. Makes me laugh every single time.

That might be the reason behind my association, actually. I get stuck on the Great Fox's turrets with Snake all the time.

Posted by Ant

Quoting Alastor: Lucas / Halberd
Not quite sure why. Probably just because it's a good stage for Lucas.

Meta Knight / Final Destination
Partially because Ant's own association has rubbed off on me, and partially because Meta Knight, Final Destination and tourneyfaggotry in general are all pretty heavily related.

Those two.

Marth and Game&Watch / Luigi's Mansion
Don't know why, but anytime I pick them I feel as if I should pick that stage.

Ike / Battlefield or Brinstar
Honestly, it's because the platforms on both stages aid Ike and his play style. So I like those stages as him.

Bowser / Yoshi's Island
Easy to bowserside, so I like that stage as bowser. :cool:

Zelda / Onett
Can get a really good down smash combo with the houses on either side.

Sonic / New Pork City
Easy for him to get around the stage with his speed and high jump.

That's all I can think of for now.

Posted by O.T.L

Link and Final Destination.

[spoiler]It just feels right.[/spoiler]

Posted by maian

Game and Watch: Hyrule

Ganondorf: Pirate Ship

Snake: Shadow Moses

That's about it. =|

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Toon Link and New Pork City
because I like to run around and throw bombs

Zelda and Hanenbow
Because I always pick her on this stage and always suicide on it with her upB

Kirby and Pictochat
Always the stage I pick with him for some reason. No idea why.

ZSS and Warioware
I play her the most and this stage the most, so I can't help but associate the two.

Quoted post: Ganondorf: Pirate Ship

Snake: Shadow Moses

HEY GUYS, I'M MAIAN AND ONCE AGAIN CAN'T READ LOL

Posted by maian

maybe you're just a huge faggot

except you're right lol and I realized this shortly after posting but didn't care. :cool2:

ANYWAY, Toon Link and Final Destination. And, Ganondorf, DK, Bowser, and DeDeDe with Hyrule.

Posted by Alastor

Quoting maian: Ganondorf with Hyrule

GRK

Posted by maian

SHUT UP IT'S A MELEE STAGE IT DOESN'T COUNT

Actually, my friend and I usually just play the big and/or slow characters on Hyrule because they die less easy lol

it's hard enough to die on hyrule that heavy characters aren't necessary.

Posted by Zeta

Jigglypuff/Big Blue

ROB/Luigi's Mansion

Diddy Kong/Smashville

idk lol

Posted by maian

No, since we always play with random characters, we usually agree to play on Hyrule because it actually gives somebody a chance when they get someone like Bowser. We don't choose heavy characters for Hyrule, we choose Hyrule for heavy characters.

IF THAT MAKES SENSE

Posted by Alastor

Not really considering anyone in Brawl can be good if you play them right.

****ing got killed 3 times straight against a Bowser during a With Anyone match... and I was Toon Link, arguably my second best character. Most devastating moment of my entire Smash career.

Posted by Ant

Eh, I was just ****ing around with chaingrabs and not even really trying with TL against some guy's ganon and managed to win with only one stock against his three. YOU MUST REALLY SUCK. or I can only presume wacky items were on. NEVER KNOW WITH THE DAN SLICE!

Posted by Alastor

Can't remember.

But it WAS like the 20th ****ing time in a row we'd been to Final Destination. I remember that vividly.

Posted by Ant

That's pretty annoying on basic brawl. Not even the other neutral stages are picked. Only FD.

Posted by Alastor

Hasn't changed a bit, either.

Posted by Linko_16

Bowser, Frigate Orpheon. Somehow we always end up going there when I'm him.

Ness, Norfair. Same.

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Linko_16: Bowser, Frigate Orpheon.

Right on.

Posted by Linko_16

Oh, right, you said that too. Do you somehow end up going there a lot with him?

It's not even a good stage for him. Grabless ledge faggotry ****s him up easily.

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Linko_16: Oh, right, you said that too. Do you somehow end up going there a lot with him?

Most of the time I'm Bowser, I actually pick him, not get him in random. Any time I pick him, I make sure to play Orpheon at least once.

Orpheon is the best stage in the game, that's why.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

that's not how you spell halberd buddy

Not that great of a level. In terms of floating stages, Port Town is the best. Only thing Halberd has going for it is some of the best music in the game.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Alastor: Most of the time I'm Bowser, I actually pick him, not get him in random. Any time I pick him, I make sure to play Orpheon at least once.

No, I mean that I pick him randomly also, but we usually just go with random stages, and Orpheon crops up a lot.

Posted by Breakman

R.O.B., Yoshi's Island (Brawl).
Not only is this one of my favorite characters and one of my favorite stages, but it's pretty cool how there's only the small middle portion of the stage along with the unreliable ghost platforms so I can just float around as ROB and abuse his aerials to awesome effect here.

Ness, Smashville
Ness fits in with the Smashville residents just like Toon Link, and for some reason I end up playing this stage a lot as him. It's the stage I've managed to get more PK Flashes off than any other, as well.

Link, Green Hill Zone
Not only does it bring a smile to my face every time I see a classic Nintendo character running around Green Hill Zone, but Link's plethora of ranged options coupled with the unique shape and hazards of the stage make him really fun to play here for me.

Posted by Linko_16

Ness - Corneria. Like the others, I seem to end up going there a lot with him. Not a bad stage for him, either.

Posted by final kaoss

Toon Link - Shadow Moses. Easy to spam upA and when your not, it's just a good stage for him.

Posted by O.T.L

Norfair and Link.

Link is lethal on Norfair, I've beaten some really good people @ Norfair.

It's easy to run away and spam projectiles and Dair.

Posted by cloud1570

olimar- hyrule temple, because, according to break, i made pikmin chain look cool there