Maple Story

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

serious. business.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/ptech/10/23/avatar.murder.japan.ap/index.html

only in Japan would this make news and only in Japan would somebody do some lame **** like this.

Posted by Klarth

I'd understand if we were dealing with 14-year-old kids here.

Just wow.

Posted by Linkman

I read about this on [url=http://kotaku.com/5067773/japanese-woman-jailed-after-killing-virtual-husband]Kotaku[/url] earlier. Made me lol and sigh at the same time. Since she's divorced now, her and 15 WoW accounts should hook up.

Posted by Xero

Good christ...=/

Posted by Linko_16

I like how the captioned image for the article is barely, barely even related.

Posted by #061402

Haha, oh wow.

[quote=Article]The police official said he did not know if she was married in the real world.

Unless I got that wrong, they weren't even married to each others, per se. And she can face up to five years in prison/$5000 fine? That made me laugh.

Posted by WillisGreeny

I hope they fry that *****.

So, who's going to get custody of the digital children?

Posted by Klarth

Quoting #061402: Haha, oh wow.

Unless I got that wrong, they weren't even married to each others, per se. And she can face up to five years in prison/$5000 fine? That made me laugh.

Bizarrely, destruction of virtual property is a big deal in Asia.

Posted by coromoro

I don't recall being able to get married in Maple Story. Must be something new.

Either way... that's pretty funny.

Posted by Tyler Durden

You gotta be a complete asshat anyways, to allow 99+ gigs to go to waste of your harddrive for that game.

Posted by Xero

Quoting coromoro: I don't recall being able to get married in Maple Story. Must be something new.

Yeah I was wondering about that too 0_o

Posted by coromoro

Quoting Tyler Durden: You gotta be a complete asshat anyways, to allow 99+ gigs to go to waste of your harddrive for that game.

What the hell are you talking about? Maple Story uses less than 500 MB. :dunno:

Posted by Shade

You've been able to get married for quite some time now. You just haven't played in a while. ;D

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=coromoro;894323][COLOR=limegreen]What the hell are you talking about? Maple Story uses less than 500 MB. :dunno: [/COLOR]

Listen here woman..
Not if you go all in with the full version and get ALL the bells and whistles. I mean, who wants to d/l a halfassed game install?

Posted by Linkman

Maple Story now is about 900 MBs when installed. The installer is pretty big too. At least that's what it was when I had it last. Could be over a gig now. You need about 2 GBs free to install it.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Shade: You've been able to get married for quite some time now. You just haven't played in a while. ;D

Did they also make pubs where you can get your character wasted too now? Jesus...

Posted by Kutlass

not being a sad shut-in who is too ashamed to show his face to others, i'd rather engage in relationships and interact with people socially in the real world. it's a lot less creepy that way.

Posted by UncleYaris

Quoted post: The woman had not plotted any revenge in the real world, the official said.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Yellow"]That just made my day. LMAO[/COLOR][/FONT]

Posted by Shade

You live an empty life.

Posted by UncleYaris

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Yellow"]Maybe so, but it still made me laugh.[/COLOR][/FONT]

Posted by Speedfreak

QUITE CLEARLY IT MADE THE NEWS IN THE US TOO, BJ. ELSE IT WOULDN'T BE ON CNN.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

hey speedfreak glad to see you buddy

vgc was getting a little too civil and fun to post in without you

Posted by Breakman

i really like how they keep referring to deleting his character as "killing"

Posted by WillisGreeny

I'm sure it hit the Jedis pretty hard when it happened.