Drinking: Good or Bad?

Posted by TimeSkipz

http://www.bestsyndication.com/?q=030107_men_live_longer_who_drink_alcohol.htm

Posted by Dexter

Good. Definitely good. It's a nice thing that people abuse.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Moderate wine intake has been known to be a good thing for a very, very long time. Nothing new there.

But since I don't drink guess I'm going to die sooner. Or since I live in Canada, and thus a longer life expectancy than Americans, would it be the same as if I drank and lived in America? Maybe.

Posted by ExoXile

Not only that, it lowers the risk of getting age related diseases such as Alzheimer etc, stalling cognitive decline.

Coffee and tea does this too, which is pretty cool.

I drink beeran probably 9-12 times a year, and 2-4 of those I probably drink too much for it the be "healthy."

I also used to drink like, 8 cups of coffee per night, which has also changed.
(Don't think such concentrated amounts would be any good.(Although 8 per day is a must. FOR A SWEDE!)

And tea, I drink tea as well.

Posted by Kyuuketsuki

I drink on days I don't have school, sometimes. I try to steer away from beer but it's the easiest to get. I mostly drink Captain Morgan when I can afford it. :P

But yeah, interesting article.

Posted by Klarth

Far more dangerous than other recreational substances I've ingested.

But nevertheless the most ubiquitous, so I'm not complaining. Always fun to have a few jars upon jars upon jars with a selection of good men and ladies.

Posted by #061402

It's all good as long as it is consumed in a moderate amount. More than your body can handle and it's not so good. This not considering all the accidents and fights that sometimes happen in relation to alcohol consumption.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I'm not a fan of wine. Or alcohol in general, unless it tastes fruity.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I tend to go through about a case of beer during the week, and ****tons more on the weekend. As netman said, it is far worse than other things you could do, but hey, its legal.

drinking is neither inherently good or bad. how you handle it determines that.

Posted by Kutlass

Quoting Kyuuketsuki: I drink on days I don't have school, sometimes. I try to steer away from beer but it's the easiest to get. I mostly drink Captain Morgan when I can afford it. :P

But yeah, interesting article.

I refuse to buy Captain anywhere else but Costco now, since it's less than $20 for a 1.75 L jug there, compared to around the same price or more for a 750 mL bottle at the grocery store. i don't care to feel ripped off.

i enjoy a quality beer now and then, but i'm not big on knocking one back after another. i strongly prefer the buzz that results from good vodka or rum, and even then it's rarely in my best interests to get completely 'smashed.'

Posted by Klarth

I refuse to buy Captain full stop. Once you've downed an entire bottle of it in one hit (I concede that it was a very stupid night in general), it becomes unpalatable for life.

Moderation's good. I too enjoy a mild refreshing buzz, and at the same time I'm trying to get my wine knowledge up. Nothing wrong with getting wrecked once in a while, though!

Posted by Lord of Spam

Try sailor jerry and you will soon realize that captain morgan is intolerable swill that should never be consumed.

Posted by Breakman

Quoting Kaptain Kutlass: i strongly prefer the buzz that results from good vodka or rum, and even then it's rarely in my best interests to get completely 'smashed.'

this

also rum is just fun to drink; the sensation of drinking it is a pleasurable one to me, whereas most other alcoholic beverages are simply terribly bitter drinks that i get no enjoyment out of consuming other than the resulting buzz/overall more mellow feeling. rum does it faster and is much more enjoyable to drink, so in the rare occasion I do get to, that's my taste

though a wine every now and then is fine too

Posted by O.T.L

How old was everyone when they had their first sip of teh poison?

Posted by Klarth

Six when I started getting the opportunity to ask my parents for sips of their wine. I'd keep it in my mouth for ages because I loved the taste.

Ten was the first time I got absolutely wasted.

Posted by Shade

Eight for "sip". Fourteen for drunk.

Posted by coromoro

Quoting O.T.L: How old was everyone when they had their first sip of teh poison?

I was 5 years-old when I'd dip my finger into my grandpa's martini, so technically that was my first sip. I started drinking beer at parties, family reunions and such when I was around 12.

Posted by ExoXile

Six when I had my first beer.
14 when I got a 24-pack and shared it with a friend of mine.

A night to remember.

Posted by misogenie

I wish I had Bicentennial Man's advanced alcohol-proof stomach system because human organs can become damaged as you age over 30 years old, inviting virus, cancer and enemy bacteria to steal the victory flag from the immune system.:cool: :rolleyes:

Posted by #061402

Quoting O.T.L: How old was everyone when they had their first sip of teh poison?

17 for first sip of wine. Never really had that much interest in alcohol.

Posted by ExoXile

Yeah, alcohol sucks. :)

Posted by #061402

Indeed it does.

Posted by ExoXile

We ought to never drink it again. :)

Posted by #061402

I thought you already said you wouldn't? Oh well. I'm all game. :)

Posted by ExoXile

**** no, I'm having a beer once a day.
I'm no teetotaller.

Feels good man.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: How old was everyone when they had their first sip of teh poison?

THIS YEAR

Posted by Skitzo Control

I think, right now, it's good, but when I wake up... who knows?!

Posted by misogenie

Drunkdrivers, if seen as suicidebombers, would not exist if pubs have security guards to remove the car keys from them. All car keys must have a phone number tag so that the security guard can call a relative or friend - or taxidriver if nobody is at home - to send the driver home. Drivers must have someone ready at home to avoid an expensive towaway fee for removing the car from the carpark. :cool::o

Posted by Synth2012

Like five years old. My dad would get trashed then give me sips for his own personal amusement. haha

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: THIS YEAR

whoa, really?

I rarely get drunk. I think my first time was when I was 19. Doesn't take much, though. So I'll knock back a few coolers on new year's eve and be instantly unconscious.

Posted by Philsdad

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: THIS YEAR

Huh, didn't you mention that you went to Catholic schools for a long time, Vamp? I figured you would have at least had a bit of church wine at school Masses and such, since we're just talking about sips here.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Probably like, 2-3 or so. I have a pic of me in diapers with a 24oz Bud in my hands wearing my dad's steel toe boots.

Posted by Synth2012

Quoting cats: Probably like, 2-3 or so. I have a pic of me in diapers with a 24oz Bud in my hands wearing my dad's steel toe boots.

hahahaha Get yourself to a scanner and pooooost it.

Posted by specopssv44

I vote good. I prefer hard alcohol, but that sometimes makes me moody, beer keeps me level, but i have to drink a ****-ton to get drunk...

Posted by MottaTheHutt

I'm from Wisconsin, so I think drinking is great!

Posted by misogenie

Alcohol causes violence. Drinking at night clubs, pubs or restaurants late at night can keep the hospital staff busy looking after injured patients who suffered the smashed hit: "Feeling the beer bottle glass on your head". Heroes who are un-injureable, funny and crafty are those cartoon stars like Bugs Bunny and Road Runner some thirty years ago I saw on TV. Those cartoonists had no idea that comedy violence would bring harm to future generations once they become drunk, 'injury' has the same meaning as the word 'touch' which is like the feeling: light as a feather.
:cool::o

Posted by Ant

what the ****.

Posted by junior senior

beer tastes like ****

Posted by Trigger

Drugs are bad, mmkay?

But drinking is fine.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Moderate wine intake has been known to be a good thing for a very, very long time. Nothing new there.

Quoting Breakman]though a wine every now and then is fine too

I concur! That is probably the extent that I will go too. I don't drink to begin with, but the occasional wine is fine.

[QUOTE=Breakman:
also rum is just fun to drink

I tasted rum once just for giggles, nasty stuff.

Posted by coromoro

Wine is amazing, especially with a nice meal. Tequila is also nice on occasion. Beer is a nice, occasional refreshment. I won't drink to the point of being drunk though, 'cause it's not how I roll.

Posted by Inuyasha

Ok of course some of you drunkies out there will disagree but face the facts you cant do anything when ur drunk exept think how much ur life sucks

Posted by ExoXile

Uh, what?
How old are you, 13?