Animal Crossing Fun?

Posted by poter

Animal crossing is great fun for some but for others it gets old. Please Tell me if you think Animal Crossing is fun or just plain dumb!

Posted by D.J Cat

Its a very fun and rewarding game IF you are into that sort of thing.

I know I had a few years of great fun, especially if you have other people that also enjoy the game and live in your town or have their own town.
The inter-connecting ness of the game was really good.
There was nothing like telling the angry bird in your friends town to have random swear words as a catch-phrase.
Or naming their island "Fat **** Island" while they were asleep. :p: :eek:

I'm so glad for the time I had with the game, but it appears my town has gone down in the abyss of corrupted memory card.
Anyone know if there is any hope of salvaging it??? :(

Posted by Dexter

I had a lot of fun with the game for about a year. I'm thinking of getting the Wii version.

Posted by coromoro

I played it a lot for about half-a-year until I got my golden statue. It was great fun while it lasted! :)

Posted by Dexter

I'm thinking doing it again wouldn't be so fun. Part of the fun for me was it being the first of it's kind and myself finding enjoyment from that. Doing it again would take that freshness away and become repetitive.

Posted by coromoro

You're right, Dex. Playing AC the first time around was good fun, so then I got AC:WW. I thought it'd be fun to do it again (and I also thought the experience would be a little different), but I was wrong. I couldn't get into it.

Posted by Dexter

That's what I'm afraid of with the Wii version. Thinking it'll be different enough to keep me entertained, but really being too much the same. That's why I never played the new Viva Pi

Posted by coromoro

Yeah, I'm surely going to be skipping the Wii version for that same reason. I don't have my Wii with me now anyways. However, I know that my brother will be getting it upon release so I'll try it out if he brings it (I'm in Mexico, and he's in Canada... with my Wii), just to get a taste of it.

Posted by Breakman

i'm definitely getting the wii version

I ADORED ac for gamecube, it's just a fantastic game to play on a nice big TV while sitting back and relaxing and mellowing out, and it was surprisingly fun to play 'multiplayer'--like, my step bros being over, a couple of us on the pc playing something or looking at stuff while the third was on AC, then periodically switching out and jointly building the town up wonderfully. My little step bro was a master, got the first gold statue, spent all his time fishing up red snappers and ceolacanths(sp).

Wild world just didn't do it for me--it was neat, but it just doesn't seem like the type of game to play on a small screen like that for some reason, I dunno. And the online was weird and super buggy.

The Wii version's not only gonna be on the big screen again and have a lot of new stuff, but the online should be WAY smoother and less buggy. And it has voice chat, so I can totally chill out with my e-pals :3

Posted by D.J Cat

Quoting Breakman: i'm definitely getting the wii version

I ADORED ac for gamecube, it's just a fantastic game to play on a nice big TV while sitting back and relaxing and mellowing out, and it was surprisingly fun to play 'multiplayer'

Definitely.
I will get the Wii version, to "keep" playing the old one sort of, cause of my corrupted memory card :(
I hope they make it as good as they can...
Heaps more speak for the animals would be lovely.
If you played it to death like me, the animals get very repetitive.
Still funny to teach them to swear though.