is the "kira" concept acceptable?

Posted by darkwhispers

well i finally finished the manga deathnote. it left me with a decent question: is it justice to kill off criminals or are you just as bad if you do so (and yes i heard about the belgian incident) feel free to discuss

Posted by #061402

It's already being done. The worst criminals go down.

Posted by maian

Eh. I don't watch any anime, but my cousin did show me both of the Death Note movies, and I must say they were very interesting.

My opinion? Yes and no. If we're talking Death Note esque, then absolutely not. Not in the way Kira does it, however. Killing anybody and everybody who is marked with a criminal status is over the line. Obviously, we will never have a perfect system.

However, I do believe there are certain criminals who deserve to die. Period. Some may disagree, but there are people in this world who have commited horrible atrocities, and shouldn't be allowed to live, especially if we're talking about a pampered prison in America.

In the end, I think rarely our place to decide who lives and who dies. If there is a terrible criminal like I mentioned above and does indeed deserve to die, we better be absolutely positive that he is guilty. In my opinion, we should only be allowed to play executioner when the deeds are inexcusable, and unquestionable.

Posted by Fate

If there was a ***, I wish he'd be like Kira, except never human.

Posted by #061402

If there was a ***, this would be like Minority Report. You'd be ****ed and killed before you even knew you were going to do anything.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

no crime through fear or by choice?

yeah

Posted by Klarth

hi i am japan man

Posted by ExoXile

[quote=#061402;892875]It's already being done. The worst criminals go down.
^

And it's not cool.