Devin Townsend - Ki

Posted by Klarth

New album in the works, apparently being recorded now or soon.

He posted some song titles on his forum back in April. Don't know how I missed that...

A Monday
Coast
Disruptr
The Way Home
Lady Helen
Synchronicity Freaks
Gato Negro
Demon Leauge

Description of the music sounds good:

[quote]It's very different and very special...very strange...very minimal...deeply satisfying and sometimes very heavy in a 'new' way...it may be too dark for some. I've worked on this record more than almost any record I've ever done next to Ocean Machine. Sometimes I think it's brilliant and sometimes it freaks me out.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Minimal, dark and strange sounds pretty **** good to me! Though, can't say I was too over the moon with the last album.

Posted by Panic!

Sweet, looking forward to it. :D

Posted by Lord of Spam

gonna torrent the **** out of this

Posted by Shade

Yeah, heard about this a couple weeks ago. Should be pretty awesome.

Posted by Linkman

OMG I thought he was done. ****ing manly tears when I found out about this. Can't wait.

Posted by Corrupt

Totally looking forward to this. I've thoroughly enjoyed every album of his that I've listened to so far, so I don't see why I won't think the same of this one.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Though, can't say I was too over the moon with the last album.

What did you find wrong with it? I thought it was fun and it definitely gave his music more of a personality.

Probably why I didn't like it.

Posted by Dexter

He already seemed like a goofy guy to me. That last album just increased and confirmed it.

Didn't have the right balance. most of his music has a balance between goofy and seriously quality music, and the last album leaned too far to the former.

Posted by Dexter

I felt his music getting goofier as he went along. Terria wasn't very goofy, but then Synchestra got a little eccentric, and Ziltoid just topped the goof-cake with heavy frosting.

Wouldn't call Synchestra a goofy album. Just had a couple goofy songs, which I'd expect from him.

Posted by Linkman

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Didn't have the right balance. most of his music has a balance between goofy and seriously quality music, and the last album leaned too far to the former.

I liked Ziltoid quite a bit, but I do agree here. That's one of the things that made Infinity so great.

Posted by netman

I didn't much care for Ziltoid, but every thing else DTB/DT is amazing

Posted by coromoro

I agree with Vamp and Cody, I didn't like Ziltoid. Synchestra was beautiful though, and if he says he's put almost as much work into this as Ocean Machine, then I think we'll be getting a great album soon. :o

[quote=Devin Townsend]Even sober I write ****ed up ****, but I'm strangely cool with that...I guess it's just me. At least it's honest...strange how honest gets labelled crazy sometimes. The album willl have many moods, but will be presented very interestingly I think. I'm going far up north in a few days to start assembling thoughts. Did I mention sober? Yeah, shes heavy...and dark, and weird, and literal, and metaphoric, and most of my buddies don't understand it quite yet. I think I do though. CLEAN guitar tones mostly. It will be my ****tiest album ever...the worst, lamest, most boring tripe I can possible create. I've lost my edge and should have quit and become a plumber. ...oh no, ****...I mean a 'Genre defying classic' Or...just another weird *** record in a long line of weird *** records that I wonder if I'd even listen to if I didn't write it. Regardless...she's on her way...and her name is 'Ki'

Sounds like it's gonna be crazy... I can't wait. :cool:

Posted by coromoro

I find it funny that searching for [url=http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en-us&q=devin+townsend+ki&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8]'devin townsend ki'[/url] on Google shows this thread as the first result.

That's actually pretty ****ed up.

Posted by coromoro

Yeah, really. You'd think Devin's official website or his forum would be first, but I'm guessing no official announcements have been made on the site and the forum requires you to register in order to view it, so it doesn't show up. It still doesn't seem right...

VGC power!

Posted by Phantasm

Quoting netman:
Gato Negro

I'm definitely torrenting that hardcore.

Posted by netman

this album came out btw.

it was good!

now addicted is coming out soon. it will be good too.

i really like devin townsend. as much as ive moved on from most metal, i still have a soft spot for the dev

Posted by Dexter

This album was decent but I def liked the previous 2 and Terria better. Ziltoid gets better with exposure.

Posted by G-Sides

i really enjoy Coast and Ki. :cool: i'd want to listen to the 2nd half of Ki while the world exploded around me.

Posted by Shade

Loved this album, close to being my favorite of his, I think. Terminal is a fantastic song.

Posted by fnool

OHHHHHHHHHH

Posted by fnool

[B]YOU'RE ADDICTEEEEEEEEEEED[/b]

Posted by netman

WHICH MAKES IT SEEM SO HARD TO BE YOUR FRIEND

Posted by coromoro

WOAH, WHAT?! I had no idea Addicted was out! Devin's fast. :o

Posted by netman

GET IT :o

Posted by coromoro

I did. :cool: I'll listen to it shortly!

Posted by Shade

Addicted was aight