Three new Pokemon, for real this time ;)

Posted by VicE

http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/pokemon.shtml

Say hi to the new guys:

Usohacii, a pre-evolution of Sudowoodo
Manene, a mime Pokemon and a possible relative of Mr. Mime
Manyula, the evolved form of Sneasel (!!!)

Oh, and Rukario is confirmed as a Steel/Fighting type, if you care.

Posted by Mystic Hero

I am much looking forward to that blue and black Pokemon, he seems powerful. A fighting/Steel type seems like an interesting combo as well. Though I'm not too keen on those pre-evolutions of Pokemon, the're only weaker and don't seem to be too useful. Other than that an evolution of Sneasel seems cool, since Sneasel's defense was weak and some of its other stats weren't to my liking an evolution should do justice and make it worthy to be used in battle.

Posted by sabre

Manyula rocks so hard. I love how they go around in twos - I wonder if it'll be either Sneasel evolving into two pok

Posted by Shade

I agree with Mystic Hero. Those pre-evolved Pokemon do nothing except make me spend even more time filling my pokedex, and they're not even decent in battle. I love the Sneasel evolution though, and it would be pretty badass if when Sneasel evolved it split into two of those, or one started to accompany it.

I sense that Rukario and Blaziken will get along just fine. :)

Posted by Jak Pattinson

that is pretty good thinking for them to put rukario as a steel/fighting type. fighting is one of steels weaknesses but it cant be now because the pokemon is a fighting type as well. maybe ti has the same prospect as psychuc though. pstychics weakness is also psuchick so a steel/fighting pokemon could also still have a fighting weakness. nonetheless it is aesome to see some new faces.

Posted by sabre

Quoting Jak Pattinson: that is pretty good thinking for them to put rukario as a steel/fighting type. fighting is one of steels weaknesses but it cant be now because the pokemon is a fighting type as well. maybe ti has the same prospect as psychuc though. pstychics weakness is also psuchick so a steel/fighting pokemon could also still have a fighting weakness.
Uh, what did you just say? If you're implying that steel can't be weak to fighting attacks any more because something has a dual-type... :/

Posted by Shade

It will still be partially weak to fighting type moves, but not as much as a full blown steel type would be.

Posted by Jak Pattinson

Quoting Sabredog: Uh, what did you just say? If you're implying that steel can't be weak to fighting attacks any more because something has a dual-type... :/

what i meant to say was something along the lines of that. ok, take steelix as an example. one of steelixes weaknesses is fighting. steelix is a steel type pokemon too. rukario on the other hand has steel as one of its types and fighting as the other, meaning one of its types is its weakness. i was just saying that that was clever. its not the first time its been done though. lanturn also has what its weakness should be as a type. in the second part, i was saying that rukarios weakness couldnt be fighting anymore because now it is a fighting type. but then i was trying to point out that in the previous pokemon series, psychics weakness was psychic too, so there would be no reason to say why a fighting pokemons weakness couldnt be fighting too. so basically i was contradicting myself. sorry for the misunderstanding.

Posted by Mystic Hero

I'd like to see a Dark/Psychic Pokemon amongst the new ones. That would be so kick a$$.:cool: Imagine the power of that Pokemon, to me that's an excellent idea for a dual type.

Posted by TheMooChicken

Quoting Jak Pattinson: what i meant to say was something along the lines of that. ok, take steelix as an example. one of steelixes weaknesses is fighting. steelix is a steel type pokemon too. rukario on the other hand has steel as one of its types and fighting as the other, meaning one of its types is its weakness. i was just saying that that was clever. its not the first time its been done though. lanturn also has what its weakness should be as a type. in the second part, i was saying that rukarios weakness couldnt be fighting anymore because now it is a fighting type. but then i was trying to point out that in the previous pokemon series, psychics weakness was psychic too, so there would be no reason to say why a fighting pokemons weakness couldnt be fighting too. so basically i was contradicting myself. sorry for the misunderstanding.

No no no, you were semi-right. If fighting types were resistant vs fighting, then his weakness would be gone, much as sableye isn't weak against ghost. Now, Psychics have never been weak against theit kind. Ans Dave.... how can it still be semi weak? *edits more in later*

Posted by Kazame

Not another Pokemon Game....

Just kidding, I'm looking forward to seeing what Nintendo dishes out in these two new versions..Rukario seems awesome, Probably gonna give Blazeiken a run for his money. ;)

Posted by Jak Pattinson

Quoting TheMooChicken: Now, Psychics have never been weak against theit kind.

i was referring to teh pokemon trading card game information. take alakazam as an example. alakazam is a psychic pokemon and his weakness is also psychic.

Posted by TheMooChicken

That's because in the TCG ghost types were considered psychic.

Same as Electric was weak against fighting... instead of ground, or all those with resistances to fighting, even thought they would be weak against rock.

Posted by Dark

This is for Emerald, right? I hope they can release more pokemon if possible :)

Posted by sabre

Nope. Diamond and Pearl, the upcoming games for the DS... which will probably be released 2006ish.

Posted by Shade

I just hope that they aren't in 3D.

Posted by Klarth

I wouldn't mind if they were isometric, a la Final Fantasy Tactics.

Posted by Shade

You mean like this?

That would be awesome for D/P, although I doubt it will happen. :\

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Shade: I just hope that they aren't in 3D.

People need to make up their minds. There was a huge uproar when Ruby & Emerald were unveiled, with people asking why the graphics couldn't match up to Golden Sun, which was the 'flavour of the month' at the time.

I think the DS could pull off graphics on par with Colosseum. Wouldn't be too hard, seeing as the game was a definite graphical low-point for the Gamecube. The Final Fantasy Tactics view is great, too, so I wouldn't mind that either.

Slightly off-topic, but Diamond and Pearl are terrible names. I don't know if it is just me associating them with the false GBA versions, but they could have came up with better names.

Posted by Shade

[quote]People need to make up their minds. There was a huge uproar when Ruby & Emerald were unveiled, with people asking why the graphics couldn't match up to Golden Sun, which was the 'flavour of the month' at the time.

I was quite happy with Ruby and Sapphire's graphics. Sure, they didn't match up to Golden Sun, but they were still pretty good.

Nothing can match up to Golden Sun, in any aspect. :)

Posted by sabre

A 3D pok

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Shade: I was quite happy with Ruby and Sapphire's graphics. Sure, they didn't match up to Golden Sun, but they were still pretty good.

Nothing can match up to Golden Sun, in any aspect. :)

Sorry about that cock-up. I was just thinking about Emerald, so I guess it was a slip of the tongue.

Anyway, the 2D format is good and all, but the DS has the capabilities for more, but Colosseum's perspective was pretty weak, I'll admit. Perhaps an enhanced style similar to Golden Sun?

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting The X: Sorry about that cock-up. I was just thinking about Emerald, so I guess it was a slip of the tongue.

Anyway, the 2D format is good and all, but the DS has the capabilities for more, but Colosseum's perspective was pretty weak, I'll admit. Perhaps an enhanced style similar to Golden Sun?

Indeed, Colosseum was pretty bad. Hopefully with the new DS games they'll bring out more of the graphics in the game and touch up on the battle seens.

Nice to see you back X.

Posted by Shade

Maybe in Diamond and Pearl you'll actually be able to walk diagonally. *gasps*

And I would lke the graphics in D/P to be similiar to the picture I posted earlier. That would be awesome, and I would personally send Nintendo $1000.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

[QUOTE=Sabredog]double battles with wild pok

Posted by VicE

I don't see how having 3D graphics in D/P would be that bad. I wouldn't mind seeing, say... 2D overworld screens and 3D battles ala Stadium/Collosseum. Though I would miss the sprite-based battle graphics quite a bit... perhaps they could keep that format, but just make the Pokemon sprites more animated?

I do agree that the names Diamond and Pearl are a bit bleh though. Partly because of that fake Pokemon Diamond game that was going around a while ago, but mostly because of the fact that all the past Pokemon games had contrasting colors for the different versions. Diamonds and pearls are both rather translucent and white-ish... way too similar, especially whenever they get around to actually making the box art - it'll be hard to tell the difference between the two versions at a glance.

Posted by Shade

The 3D battling is what I'd hate most about a 3D pokemon game. I like the 2D animations better than the 3D. Also, when a pokemon dodged an attack (in Stadium, haven't played Colliseum), it just stood there calmly. If a pokemon dodges an attack, I want to see it duck, jump, roll, SOMETHING.

I think the contrast is till kind of there. Diamonds, from what I've seen, are mostly a clear white. But pearls, again, from what I've seen of them, are more of a cloudy white.

Cloudy - Clear

I need to stop thinking so much...

Posted by Jak Pattinson

hah, thats just like a chess set that i have seen. the contrast deosn't really matter though. who cares what a game is called as long as it is good. they're both preciouss stones with similar colours, but yeah, they could have taken a little more time with naming the games. i would not mind if they kept teh same graphics style for the pokemon games as long as it was a much longer game. ruby and sapphire were really short, and so were fire red and leaf green. it got a little boring at times. seeing as the games are going to be made for a brand new hand-helf, i can't see why using irregular graphics couldn't be a possibilty. it can't get worse, can it?

Posted by Shade

Length? On that subject I want the game to be on an all new Continent (a big one :)), and then when you're done there, you can go back to Hoenn, Johto, and Kanto. All with their own interesting storyline. Gaming. Bliss.

Posted by Mystic Hero

Indeed the games do need to be a little longer. FR/LG and R/S were way too short in my book. When those new ones came out I was expecting something spectacular like Silver/Gold/Crystal had. I wasn't impressed, It didn't take me long to beat it completely. In these new ones I'd like to see length, more poweful trainers and challenges, and nice battle animation if it's going to be done in 3-D. And i definately want some online battle action.

Posted by Shade

It's sort of been confirmed that Diamond and Pearl will be able to go online, thanks to WiFi. Can't wait to battle you. :)

Posted by Mystic Hero

You better be good because I don't want to waste my time mopping the floor with you.:cool:

Posted by Dark

I wonder how many they're adding this time? Another 100? Or is it just these three?

Posted by sabre

[quote=VicE]I don't see how having 3D graphics in D/P would be that bad. I wouldn't mind seeing, say... 2D overworld screens and 3D battles ala Stadium/Collosseum. Though I would miss the sprite-based battle graphics quite a bit... perhaps they could keep that format, but just make the Pokemon sprites more animated?Missing the sprite-based battle graphics is exactly why I'd dislike it. I always like seeing how the sprites appear from version to version, too, and it'd pretty much mean the end of any differentiations like that, also. Maybe the actual battle animations could be slightly more realistic, but I have no qualms with the current system. It works, and people like it. Why change?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Mystic Hero: Indeed the games do need to be a little longer. FR/LG and R/S were way too short in my book. When those new ones came out I was expecting something spectacular like Silver/Gold/Crystal had. I wasn't impressed, It didn't take me long to beat it completely. In these new ones I'd like to see length, more poweful trainers and challenges, and nice battle animation if it's going to be done in 3-D. And i definately want some online battle action.
FireRed and LeafGreen probably appeared to be short, because you've played the original versions before, and know where you are going. My younger cousin recently bought FireRed, and he's getting through it at about the same speed I did on my first try.

It would be nice to see the old lands in Diamond/Pearl- I was not expecting Kanto in G/S/C at all, and it was a pleasant suprise, even if it did only take me a day or two to get through the gym quest. The DS has the memory capacity to fit all three previous regions, no?