What ****es you off?

Posted by Ant

While playing the Brawl, what annoys/****es you off the most?

For myself, there's a couple things. First to come to mind are campers. People who run away from you only to do the same ****ing move over and over and run away if you get too close. Granted, it should be up to the other player to overcome such tactics. It just really grinds my gears!

Secondly, over taunting/taunting killing. In the case over-taunting it's when the person refuses to fight and does nothing but taunt. SOMETIMES it can be funny, but when done over and over after a couple matches it's like "okay, why am I playing against you?" And then there's taunt killing. When you taunt after the player dies or you thought something funny happened and they do a kill move on you whilst taunting. Seems a bit hypocritical, but you might know what I mean.

and the last thing I can think of at the moment is impromptu teaming up against people. in a ffa with 4 players and you can tell that two certain people aren't killing/fighting each other. I can't help but feel compelled to team up against them. however, the other person normally doesn't get the hint and then it's always the same two who fight at the end of that match. you know who you are.

and that's all I can think of right now. RANT COMPLETE.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

the tension that comes from having a smash ball or ****ing dragoon pieces on the stage

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

****, wait, people don't camp in brawl? I think some characters are so bad that their only hope is camping anyway. Cmon, it's part of the game.

As for the other two, yea, I'll agree with you. I've only gone crazy taunting when someone had done it the round before and won, then I make sure I win and I'm a prick about it. For a while. Maybe they'll get to not ever do it again. I barely if ever, taunt after I kill. The game isn't over till the last stock was knocked off, why the **** are you taunting. As for the last one, it's the reason I try to avoid free for alls, EVEN I subconsciously have done that when I have friends over and when I realize it, I try to fix it by giving them a quick beating and reducing their stock count to even everything out. But some people enjoy having the last two fighters be the guys on their wii.

Outside of all of that though, prat falls seem to **** me off when in the groove and a combo gets ruined, or a ****ed up death. The lack of stun some guys have with hits and the way the physics engine works leaves many characters a lack of air combo ability as well. Hard to work around those when you're trying to find the quickest way to rack up damage and get a kill, and know it's not going to happen.

Posted by #061402

Quoting Ant: For myself, there's a couple things. First to come to mind are campers. People who run away from you only to do the same ****ing move over and over and run away if you get too close. Granted, it should be up to the other player to overcome such tactics. It just really grinds my gears!

and the last thing I can think of at the moment is impromptu teaming up against people. in a ffa with 4 players and you can tell that two certain people aren't killing/fighting each other. I can't help but feel compelled to team up against them. however, the other person normally doesn't get the hint and then it's always the same two who fight at the end of that match. you know who you are.

This can be applied to pretty much any game you can play online though.

Posted by O.T.L

I hate Links recovery. ****ing sucks

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Online. How could it not **** you off? So much wasted potential makes me rage.

Posted by maian

Yes, online.

I also hate

-How Donkey Kong, Mario Bros, Hanenbow, and about three other super crappy stages ALL surround Shadow Moses, one of my favorite levels. Don't ask why this is a problem.

-Smash Ball and/or Dragoon turnover victories.

-Spamming. Only stupid faggots spam. :cool: Well actually, spamming is usually accepted to a certain degree for me, but it's when the opponent is just a cheap bastard, and ends up cornering me against some wall, and doing a certain move over and over that's impossible to escape. Granted, it's rare when that can actually happen, but when it does, ugh.

-Tripping. I used to not care because it never happened in any annoying places, but first of all, it's just a stupid concept, and as of late, I've been tripping in a lot more annoying places. Most of the time I trip now, it happens to be during the split second that my opponent is stunned, and I'm able to deliver a killing blow, and then, PRATFALL LOL!

-The random "thorns" in Jungle Falls

-While I'm at it, all the other stupid hazards that are in tons of otherwise potentially awesome levels. Take Mario Bros. It could actually be a decent level, but too bad you can't turn off the pixelated enemies that are all one hit kills! I don't mind hazards, really. Stages like F-Zero in Melee, or Halberd in Brawl have a fine degree of them. But some stages in Brawl are just ridiculous. I'm SO glad that the Metal Gears don't attack you in Shadow Moses, that would ruin it.

-THE FACT THAT THERE'S NO FSCKING WAY TO CHOOSE A RANDOM CHARACTER WITHOUT USING THE RANDOM BUTTON RAAAAGH. I appreciate a random button that doesn't reveal your character. For someone who REALLY wants random, it's a nice little twist. But many people, like my friends and I, love choosing random, but knowing who we have beforehand, like in Melee. It's how we based our entire system of play. I'm fine with the random button, but couldn't they think of ANY way to still be able to do the original system?

-Smoke Bombs/other useless items. Some of them are just...dumb.

-The fact that pretty much ZERO big mushrooms ever appear in play, ever. I don't know how many of you consistently play with items, but from personal experience, I can say of all the mushrooms that appear, probably one out of ten, tops, is a big mushroom. The game just loves to see every player shrunken twice every match due to the overappearences of tiny mushrooms and lightning.

-No DLC, ever. Really, Nintendo?

I could think of more, as a looot of stuff ****es me off about Brawl. :cookie: That's not to say I don't love it, as I could think of such a list with any game I love, and I'm no Melee elitist, either.

Posted by Alastor

Quoting maian: I'm fine with the random button, but couldn't they think of ANY way to still be able to do the original system?

The original system sucked.

Posted by Ant

wasn't randum enough xD

Posted by David M. Awesome

If I started listing all of the things that I hate about Brawl we would be here all day.

Quoted post: -THE FACT THAT THERE'S NO FSCKING WAY TO CHOOSE A RANDOM CHARACTER WITHOUT USING THE RANDOM BUTTON RAAAAGH. I appreciate a random button that doesn't reveal your character. For someone who REALLY wants random, it's a nice little twist. But many people, like my friends and I, love choosing random, but knowing who we have beforehand, like in Melee. It's how we based our entire system of play. I'm fine with the random button, but couldn't they think of ANY way to still be able to do the original system?

It's better this way. In Melee my friends and I used to pick random and then say "UH, MAYBE ONE MORE TIME... ONE MORE TIME... ONE MORE TIME" until we got someone that didn't suck. Now it's actually random!

Though yeah, tripping is mega stupid.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

brawl has more characters who are fun to play than in melee, so random is actually enjoyable now

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Ant: wasn't randum enough xD

Pretty much. Any time I picked Random in Melee, I'd think, "Ugh, they suck. I'll pick again." Repeat ten times until I get someone I like. Not really "Random" in that sense.

EDIT: JESUS CHRIST DOUBLE NINJA'D

OH, RIGHT, THINGS I HATE

Off the top of my head...

- [copy pasta ant's list here]
- Arc outside of Team Battle.
- GORDO MADNESS

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

know what ****es me off about brawl? not enough static stages

Posted by Iris

Yeah, Ant's list.

Also, laggy online sucks. Too much variation in lag, so once you get in the groove of things, suddenly you're not allowed to input two commands within 1 second. Also annoying when it's not apparent on your opponent's side but it's crippling on yours.

Not being able to join matches with friends created by non-friends. Networking is forbidden.

Unreliable c-stick. Seriously, why even bother with quick smashes if they don't work 100% of the time? They're pretty vital. Same thing with tripping. Sucks that inputting a command doesn't guarantee that it'll happen.

Meta Knight.

Also, consistent strategies. Learn to adapt folk, and if you can't, at least don't make the game boring by relying on one combo to get damage to 100% then spam smash attacks. Also, strategies near inescapable on Wi-Fi. It's hard to pull your counterattack off if lag doesn't allow you to input the move within enough frames, thus leaving you in tilt locks and neutral A combos forever.

Innate glitchiness on wi-fi, particularly in joining brawls.

Posted by O.T.L

I hate all the short characters. Especially olimar, he's TOO small, I hate that.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]A lot.

But there's one thing that's comeback to pi[COLOR="Yellow"]s[/COLOR]s me off; something that i had come to accept until a reminder came back to haunt me just a couple of weeks ago. Super Mario RPG was recently released on the Virtual Console which only solidifies the point that including Geno (one of the most requested characters) would not really have been a legal problem. Geno, the 2nd most requested character (if i remember correctly), surpassed only by DeDeDe. tied with Diddy Kong and ahead of Ike and Cpt. Olimar (all of which made it into the game). But Geno was left out, without a a valid explanation, at least that i know of. . .

Whatever, Sakurai.[/COLOR]

Posted by Zeta

Hanenbow's water and the massive nerfing they gave Samus.

Posted by Iris

Yeah, those two things bother me too.

As for Geno, wtf, he was left out because Geno's a ****ing nobody.

Posted by Ant

YOU'RE A NOBODY. Geno would have been too good for the game, that's why they left him out.

Posted by Iris

Big talk coming from a NOBODY!

Posted by maian

Again, I realize that the new random system is much more logical and effective for actually randomly choosing a character, but it personally makes me mad, because the way me and my friend and my cousins played depended on the old system. ;_;

We used to play UBER SKILL BATTLES all the time, until one day, we decided to be random characters, in a two minute match, all items on very high, and a random stage. It's a blast. Easily the most fun form of a multiplayer videogame I've ever played, since my friend matches me in skill. So basically, the rule was that NO MATTER who random chose, you would have to be that character. And, if you got a character you've already been, just keep hitting random until you get a new one. It ended up being really great, because we have certain "laws" for our random battles, that I won't explain because, well, it's not really necessary. But for example, if anyone ends up getting Game and Watch, the law was that we had to play at Hyrule. So, because we knew our characters, but they were still chosen randomly, it was ridiculously fun. Not only did we have that feeling of anticipation by knowing who we were going to fight, we could customize whatever costume we wanted, as well as the stage depending on the conditions. Again, most fun form of a multiplayer video game I have ever experienced. Most people don't get it. :cookie:

But, with the new system, all of that is destroyed. ;_; Because we can't even choose levels depending on the character, since we don't know who it is, we can't even use the random button. Not to mention doing so often repeats certain characters, sometimes three times in a row, which destroys the essence of our battles. We have a new system we use, but it's inferior.

Basically, what makes me mad is not the inclusion of the random button, but that the makers, from what it seems like, deliberately decided to include no possible way to randomly choose a character and know who it is. Hell, pressing "Player 1" or "CPU" or whatever over and over would even do it in the old game. Brawl? Nope. You can't place your cursor outside of the character selection and have your piece fly to a random character. So THAT'S one reason Brawl upsets me. :cool2:

put the names in a hat, pick names, play character

Posted by Stalolin

ike's FS

jesus christ **** that thing

so ****ing speedy it gets so intense when someone has that

[quote=Alastor;891994]- GORDO MADNESS

<3

Posted by maian

Oh. How could I forget?

THE FSCKING BASTARD LANDMASTER

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH

I honestly don't mind most Final Smashes. Honestly. Most of them are fairly easy to avoid, and a lot of them don't promise an instant kill. I don't know what it is, but it seems like every time there's a Landmaster, I always die. Maybe the reason I hate it so much is because it appears three times as much as other Final Smashes, but who knows!

Lolin: BRILLIANT

sounds like someone sucks!

Posted by O.T.L

Quoting maian: Again, I realize that the new random system is much more logical and effective for actually randomly choosing a character, but it personally makes me mad, because the way me and my friend and my cousins played depended on the old system. ;_;

We used to play UBER SKILL BATTLES all the time, until one day, we decided to be random characters, in a two minute match, all items on very high, and a random stage. It's a blast. Easily the most fun form of a multiplayer videogame I've ever played, since my friend matches me in skill. So basically, the rule was that NO MATTER who random chose, you would have to be that character. And, if you got a character you've already been, just keep hitting random until you get a new one. It ended up being really great, because we have certain "laws" for our random battles, that I won't explain because, well, it's not really necessary. But for example, if anyone ends up getting Game and Watch, the law was that we had to play at Hyrule. So, because we knew our characters, but they were still chosen randomly, it was ridiculously fun. Not only did we have that feeling of anticipation by knowing who we were going to fight, we could customize whatever costume we wanted, as well as the stage depending on the conditions. Again, most fun form of a multiplayer video game I have ever experienced. Most people don't get it. :cookie:

But, with the new system, all of that is destroyed. ;_; Because we can't even choose levels depending on the character, since we don't know who it is, we can't even use the random button. Not to mention doing so often repeats certain characters, sometimes three times in a row, which destroys the essence of our battles. We have a new system we use, but it's inferior.

Basically, what makes me mad is not the inclusion of the random button, but that the makers, from what it seems like, deliberately decided to include no possible way to randomly choose a character and know who it is. Hell, pressing "Player 1" or "CPU" or whatever over and over would even do it in the old game. Brawl? Nope. You can't place your cursor outside of the character selection and have your piece fly to a random character. So THAT'S one reason Brawl upsets me. :cool2:

After you and your friend are done choosing random as a character, the stage page shows you what characters were chosen on the top left corner. See characters then pick stage.

Posted by Iris

In Brawl? It does not.

Seriously though, the argument of random being too random is stupid.

Posted by maian

Again, not what I'm trying to say. :cool: For the purpose of giving a player a random character, the button they have is perfectly well done. I'm saying I personally wish they also included the older system in some way, shape or form, but ultimately, it is the most logical to do what they did.

So really, I'm just being a whiny panzee. And, we are now going with Lolin's incredibly original idea to pull them out of a hat. :cool2:

Yeah, there's no way of knowing. The only thing that sucks about random is not being able to pick colours. That's about it.

Posted by maian

I do think it's kind of nice though, how it actually chooses a color, instead of automatically getting the standard color every time.

Posted by Ant

Quoting Iris: In Brawl? It does not.

yes it does. just not in online.

Posted by Alastor

Oh, here's another one.

Lack of custom stage support on With Friends.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

would have been possible on XBOX

super smash xbots 360 will rule

Quoted post: yes it does. just not in online.

Comes up as a question mark.

Posted by Aioros

Quoting Iris: As for Geno, wtf, he was left out because Geno's a ****ing nobody.

[COLOR="Yellow"]A. Ice Climbers.

B. How is the 2nd most requested character a nobody?

Whatever.

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: put the names in a hat, pick names, play character

Haha, my younger brother and i used to do that with Marvel vs Capcom 2 back in the day, but there are like 20 bizillion characters in that game so that was a lot of writing.

And as for maian complaining that the random button in Brawl is too random: ARE YOU SERIOUS?[/COLOR]

Posted by maian

Quoting Aioros: [COLOR="Yellow"]A. Ice Climbers.

B. How is the 2nd most requested character a nobody?

Whatever.

Haha, my younger brother and i used to do that with Marvel vs Capcom 2 back in the day, but there are like 20 bizillion characters in that game so that was a lot of writing.

And as for maian complaining that the random button in Brawl is too random: ARE YOU SERIOUS?[/COLOR]

[quote=maian]Again, not what I'm trying to say. For the purpose of giving a player a random character, the button they have is perfectly well done. I'm saying I personally wish they also included the older system in some way, shape or form, but ultimately, it is the most logical to do what they did.

So really, I'm just being a whiny panzee. And, we are now going with Lolin's incredibly original idea to pull them out of a hat.

wait I thought I already made it clear that that's not what I'm trying to say

Quoted post: B. How is the 2nd most requested character a nobody?

Whatever.

half those people never even played mario rpg

Posted by Iris

Geno's popular in the same way weighted companion cubes are.

Posted by maian

I never understood why Geno was so popular. He wasn't even that cool in SMRPG.

Posted by Linko_16

I think the thing I like most about Geno and Mallow is how they've never been heard of again since SMRPG. Like we need either of them whored out now.

Uh, one thing I think no one's said yet is how too many Final Smashes are the same. Especially since this is the case with some of the most popular characters in Brawl, the Star Fox trio, it gets old real fast.

Another sort of annoying thing is that it seems like the Assist Trophies are too strong. They somehow managed to make it so Pokemon were just a small help this whole time, but a lot of the Assist Trophies do some pretty powerful stuff... I want them turned on for the fun of it, but they hold too much weight.

And, uh, as far as teaming up goes, let me just say that I try not to do it with David since I've heard complaints we often do, it's just a natural response because I'm more interested in locking horns with those who I don't play quite so often.

Posted by maian

About Assists being too powerful, how about Pokemon being too crappy?

The usual order of Pokemon for me is:

Munchlax Munchlax Munchlax Munchlax Munchlax Munchlax Chikorita Munchlax Munchlax Munchlax Meowth Munchlax Munchlax Munchlax

Rare Pokemon appear so ridiculously rarely that it's just a joke. And when you do get a powerful one? They take up a tiny fraction of the screen, for like, five seconds, tops. They're TERRIBLE in this game. There are some good ones, like Latias, but gawd, you NEVER see rare ones. Like, ever.

I still haven't seen all the Pokemon, and I've owned the game since March. Like, isn't there the heart one that switches both player's characters? Never seen it. Ever.

Posted by O.T.L

I saw the manaphy pokemon once! It was soo cool I didnt know what was going on when he used his powers, until I remembered the update. I thought in Brawl they would have a menu to control which pokemon appear and don't appear, but they didnt. *sigh* I really wanted that menu.

Posted by Alastor

I've seen them all except Manaphy so far, I think.

There's another complaint for me, I guess. Rare Pokemon are a bit too rare.

What's the one that switches health or bodies? That one is WAY too rare for something so cool.

Posted by O.T.L

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: What's the one that switches health or bodies? That one is WAY too rare for something so cool.

Manaphy. I've seen him once, his powers leave you in awe when you see them.

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: What's the one that switches health or bodies? That one is WAY too rare for something so cool.

Like OTL said, it's Manaphy. I remember ****ting bricks over the Heart Swap Dojo update, and I have yet to see it.

It just swaps bodies, not health. If you kill yourself, though, it still takes your stock instead of your opponent's.

Yeah, I think I've seen it once out of a couple hundred hours of play. That's pretty lame.

Posted by Ant

I don't recall seeing that. Sounds like it's be pretty cool!

Posted by Alastor

Far too cool to show up 1/493 times.

Posted by Ant

Why the **** is Peach the only ****ing character who has to be facing the edge of the platform to grab on while doing her Up+B recovery?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

umbrella gets in the way

Posted by Klarth

the jungle falls spike

jesus

Posted by Ant

I like those things :( fun to throw people into.

people play jungle falls enough to be ****ed off at it?

Posted by Alastor

It doesn't **** me off as much as stuff I've listed before, but the fact that some really fun levels are so underplayed online is kind of annoying. Good examples are Luigi's Mansion and Mushroomy Kingdom.

Scrolling levels plus lag? No thanks.

Posted by Ant

It's not really that laggy most of the time I play. :/

Posted by Alastor

Mushroomy Kingdom usually doesn't lag. Neither does Rainbow Cruise for that matter.

... the controls? yeah

Posted by Alastor

Not bad enough that I (or Ant either, it seems) actually consider it lag. You get used to yellow-level-ish lag when you actually play online.

Posted by maian

How about the fact that there is lag? Sure. Almost every online game has it. But not to extent of Brawl. Ever. Games that support 64 player deathmatches can run faster than a two player battle on a Wii game? It's a joke. I still have NEVER played a match that was completely lagless. And sure, a lot of times the lag isn't bad enough to alter your gameplay, but gawd.

But I guess the lag issue can be filed with EVERY SINGLE OTHER THING THAT ONLINE EVEN TOUCHES, WHICH IS ALL TERRIBLE AND AWFUL AND CRAPPY.

Posted by Alastor

Quoting maian: I still have NEVER played a match that was completely lagless.

Because that's technically impossible when you get right down to it.

Quoted post: Not bad enough that I (or Ant either, it seems) actually consider it lag. You get used to yellow-level-ish lag when you actually play online.

hahahahahaha

Quoted post: Because that's technically impossible when you get right down to it.

drr could he possibly mean completely lagless as in not noticeable lag like other current gen online fighters?

Posted by maian

Or any other current gen games in general?

Easier to hide lag in other genres of games than it is in fighters where each frame counts. So you can't compare the two.

Posted by Ant

well, regardless most of the time lag isn't an issue. only with a few people do I have issues with it.

and if you played online as often as myself, alastor, etc I'm pretty sure you'd get to it as well. if not, well...too bad.

It's pathetic that you have to get used to it and even more for you to make excuses over it.

Posted by Ant

does it really **** you off that much though?

and I'm not making excuses. don't really care is all.

Quoted post: does it really **** you off that much though?

Wouldn't say ****ed, no reason to feel that extreme over it. Just disappointed. There's honestly no reason for there to even be lag and I find the whole mode pointless because of it.

Posted by Ant

Well if that's how you feel then that's how you feel :)

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: other current gen online fighters?

Keep in mind who you're talking to. Outside Soul Calibur II, I've never bought a non-SSB fighting game.

Well now you know. It's just sad how deeper fighters with superior graphics can pull off online flawlessly while this one does it pathetically.

****ing wii.

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: ****ing wii.

This.

Posted by Ant

the term "johns". or the overuse of any smash related terms.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

pringles, curly mustache, etc

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Ant: the term "johns". or the overuse of any smash related terms.

I've never seen that term used anywhere but All is Brawl.

...Which I left after like a week, partially because of said overuse.

Posted by Iris

Oh yeah, I'm sad they got rid of the umbrella item.

Posted by Alastor

...Holy ****, I can't even remember an umbrella item.

Posted by Linko_16

Eh, Melee kind of overdid it on the rod items, and if one had to go the Parasol isn't a bad choice.

Now Brawl has overdone it on explosives.

The next game will be full of explosive rods.

Posted by Ant

my rod of choice always was and always will be of the inanimate carbon variety.

Posted by Degeneration

Lag, Metaknight, LANDMASTER!, Metaknight, Latias/Latios Cluster**** Attack, Metaknight, Metaknight.

Quoted post: the term "johns". or the overuse of any smash related terms.

Never heard it before. What the hell does it even mean?

Posted by Alastor

"Excuses", IIRC.

"1v1, 3 STOCK, NO JOHNS, NO ITEMS, FINAL DESTINATION".

Well, I gotta say, that is retarded.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

*** **** kids, johns didnt originate in smash

ever heard of street fighter II? nah i guess not since you guys only play kids fighting games

Never heard it in the glory days of sfii either. Stop making **** up

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

look at this guy and his johns for lack of gaming knowledge

Holy ****, if anyone uses "johns" like that irl I'd feel the desire to beat the **** out of them. I mean, why can't you just say "excuses"? FUUUUCK

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

gaming culture man, you ain't fit to be a part of it

Posted by Alastor

Still a ****ing stupid term. You save TWO WHOLE LETTERS if you type it and TWO WHOLE SYLLABLES if you say it. Wow.

Quoted post: gaming culture man, you ain't fit to be a part of it

See, there are certain terms that make complete sense. Usually, however, they're terms where no term exists. This though, is retarded.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]NO JOHNS, HAHAHA! If you think it sounds ridiculous written, hearing people say it in person is even funnier.

I prefer the terms stop being bit[COLOR="Yellow"]c[/COLOR]h or grow a fuc[COLOR="Yellow"]k[/COLOR]ing dick.[/COLOR]

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

probably made up by a nigga, which makes sense since they love to make speaking as simple and secular as possible

Posted by Aioros

Quoting The X: which makes sense since they love to make speaking as simple and secular as possible

[COLOR="Yellow"]Kinda like: NO JOHNS, amirite?[/COLOR]

Posted by Alastor

It's really strange because it's my [spoiler]last name.[/spoiler]

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

alastor johns?

Posted by maian

ok

WHAT ARE JOHNS LOL

Posted by Alastor

Quoting The X: alastor johns?

Try again.

Posted by Ant

johns alastor?

Posted by Alastor

There you go.

john alastor johns

Posted by Alastor

Oh you guys.

Posted by maian

daniel johns

lol

Posted by Linko_16

So how the **** do "excuses" even apply to a fighting game? Saying, "oh, such and such messed it up, rematch?"

Quoting Alastor: Still a ****ing stupid term. You save TWO WHOLE LETTERS if you type it and ONE WHOLE SYLLABLE if you say it. Wow.

Two syllables.

Posted by Alastor

Whoops. Kept toggling both "excuse" and "excuses" in my head.

Anyway, yeah, that's basically it. No excuses if you lose.

Smash Balls.

*** **** it Oswaldo.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Alastor: Whoops. Kept toggling both "excuse" and "excuses" in my head.

Anyway, yeah, that's basically it. No excuses if you lose.

In that case, it probably just originates from some guy named John who made a lot of excuses.

Or some guy who always lost because he needed to run to the john!

In which case it was probably me. :(

Posted by Linko_16

Whiner.

Posted by O.T.L

Quoting Linko_16: In that case, it probably just originates from some guy named John who made a lot of excuses.

No one knows exactly where it originated, but they say if you face a television in the dark and say "No johns" three times, nothing happens......

Sounds more like that would make your penis fall off.

Posted by O.T.L

They say nothing happens. I haven't ever tested this myself.

You should try it and let me know how it goes.

Posted by Linko_16

My penis fell off.

You should give it to Mary.

Posted by Linko_16

Alas, she has no use for it.

Instead I will make sure it is grafted onto the groin of some poor girl in need.

Posted by maian

OK WHAT DOES JOHN STAND FOR AND/OR MEAN RAGH

Posted by Alastor

I've said it like three times already.

Johns = Excuses.

Posted by maian

hey wow

that's probably one of the worst terms ever invented

Posted by Ant

good job on reading the thread buddy.

maian ****es me off cause his wifi comment is still "LOL TOURNEY ANT!"

I'm sick of seeing my name on my friends list :O

Posted by Alastor

Funny, for me it's still "LOL SUP DAN" or something like that.

Posted by maian

I can't even remember the last time I played online Brawl. :)

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

maian you're ****ing stupid i can't believe this

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

voteban maian

no johns

Quoted post: OK WHAT DOES JOHN STAND FOR AND/OR MEAN RAGH

Is this guy getting stupider by the week or what? In every ****ing thread

lol

Posted by maian

lol

Posted by Corrupt

lol

Posted by Gargomon251

Tourneyfags, and ******* chatters. ESPECIALLY THE CHATTERS. PLAY THE GAME OR GO OFFLINE *******S! Quit wasting everyone's time! If you want to have a conversation, use messenger! BRAWL IS NOT A CHAT ROOM!

edit: I'm LOLing at people raging over things like game mechanics and options, stuff that was already programmed into the game, as opposed to the people that play it. I am just astounded how many people have a problem with items, stages, characters, and tripping. Even the lag arguments tend to surprise me, since I almost never have enough lag to notice.

Posted by Linko_16

ITT you're NOT allowed to be disappointed about what's programmed into the game. I mean, come on guys, didn't you read the rules?

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

[quote=Gargomon251;899593]Even the lag arguments tend to surprise me, since I almost never have enough lag to notice.

Oh shut the **** you. You're full of ****, are you playing with your friends next door to avoid the ****ing lag? Every match I've experienced, and I'm sure I'm not alone, has had lag. One thing is a small unnoticeable amount of lag that is fine, but I've never had such a hateful online experience.

As for the go offline comment, stop being such an prick. Many people don't have the ability to leave their homes to go play in groups due to being too young or having to take care of more serious business. You know, like working. You have a game in the making so long and all you get is a ****ty online experience. Shut the **** up, everyone has the right to be disappointed with the online. Go shove something else up your ***.

Posted by Degeneration

Quoting Gargomon251: Tourneyfags, and ******* chatters. ESPECIALLY THE CHATTERS. PLAY THE GAME OR GO OFFLINE *******S! Quit wasting everyone's time! If you want to have a conversation, use messenger! BRAWL IS NOT A CHAT ROOM!

edit: I'm LOLing at people raging over things like game mechanics and options, stuff that was already programmed into the game, as opposed to the people that play it. I am just astounded how many people have a problem with items, stages, characters, and tripping. Even the lag arguments tend to surprise me, since I almost never have enough lag to notice.

Why so in-depth with the edit? "oh and I hate skill" would've saved you the trouble.

Posted by Gargomon251

Quoting Dark Bulb 4.3:
As for the go offline comment, stop being such an prick. Many people don't have the ability to leave their homes to go play in groups due to being too young or having to take care of more serious business.

You're completely missing the point. I said "play or go offline". If someone isn't going to actually have a match, they shouldn't be wasting time using brawl wifi as a chat room.

Quoting Degeneration: Why so in-depth with the edit? "oh and I hate skill" would've saved you the trouble.

Except that would be lying.

Posted by Iris

I disagree entirely. The only remotely irritating part of using Brawl as a chatroom is the increase in online activity, which is only an issue because Nintendo has terrible, TERRIBLE online service. Otherwise, whose fault is it that things can't be communicated more quickly on the Wii, and what is wrong with communicating with a friend?

Posted by maian

you guys are acting like you can actully have conversatons

lol

Posted by Linko_16

Seriously, I've been wondering what the **** you're talking about when you say "use Brawl as a chatroom." Do you mean using taunts during battles to communicate something? Because, although there's limits for people who, like, do it after every couple of hits, that kind of simple thing is nothing.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

****ing hell if a person taunts just hit them

i wonder how he'd react to people talking on xbl

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

well I lolled

Posted by Gargomon251

Quoting The X: ****ing hell if a person taunts just hit them

i wonder how he'd react to people talking on xbl
Precisely what I do. That's the whole point of taunting: to do it in a manner that you don't get your *** kicked before you finish.

Quoting Linko_16: Seriously, I've been wondering what the **** you're talking about when you say "use Brawl as a chatroom." Do you mean using taunts during battles to communicate something? Because, although there's limits for people who, like, do it after every couple of hits, that kind of simple thing is nothing.

No, not IN battle. I mean CONSTANTLY changing the "personal message" instead of ACTUALLY ****ING PLAYING THE GAME. Thereby wasting the time of everyone who actually wants to have a match.

----------------
Now playing: sno.lukav - Pageturner (VulpVibe Radio)
via FoxyTunes

Using brawl as a chatroom barely even makes sense to me.

Quoted post: i wonder how he'd react to people talking on xbl

Would be pretty funny to see a group of guys standing in a building just crouched low talking about life.

[quote=Gargomon251;900540]No, not IN battle. I mean CONSTANTLY changing the "personal message" instead of ACTUALLY ****ING PLAYING THE GAME. Thereby wasting the time of everyone who actually wants to have a match.

How does that waste your time or prevent you from playing the game

Posted by Gargomon251

Quoting David M. Awesome: How does that waste your time or prevent you from playing the game

I told you, it's because I want to brawl and the only guy that's on won't STFU and play the game. And it wastes my time because I expect him to actually host or join. I don't go With Anyone if there's a chance one of my "friends" might be on. And I have know way of knowing how long someone will keep yammering on.

What's even worse is when people sit Online for over an hour with no explanation and no brawling whatsoever, not even changing status.

I still can't comprehend why I could be in 4 consecutive brawls with the same 3 people, and one of them seems to be in the shower the whole time or something . Brawls on With Anyone are 2 minutes long, not counting between rounds. So what retard selects "basic brawl" and then leaves the wii unattended for over 10 minutes? Not that it bothers me, I'm perfectly content to beat the crap out of them until they come back. Unless they're on my team >:(

----------------
Now playing: 5 Step Sound Team - Cosmo (VulpVibe Radio)
via FoxyTunes

[quote=Gargomon251;900718]the only guy that's on

So ronery

Posted by Gargomon251

Are you forgetting the part where I said I had like 50 friend codes? Not my fault nobody is ever online.

Get better friends.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

david

Posted by Gargomon251

Quoting David M. Awesome: Get better friends.

Actually, you do have a good point. For one thing I have to go delete people who never playto begin with, and hopefully I can get better friends at smashboards or gamingforce.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

I'm more than sure you can find non tourney fags at smashboards, and I do think they have sections divided for the sections where you live in. Making it easier to find people nearby, and it's definitely more active there for smash brothers than anything else I've ever seen.

[quote=Dark Bulb 4.3;901403]david

Hi. :)

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Dark Bulb 4.3: I do think they have sections divided for the sections where you live in.

I'll lol at SmashBoards all day, but that's a pretty *****in' development. Might be nice to get in touch with a bunch of active Smashers in my area.

Posted by Iris

Yeah, I'll play a few folk form there every so often. They're not all bad, just most of them.

The one who was tether hogging the ledge from you was one, Linko. :p

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

[quote=David M. Awesome;901508]Hi. :)

sup bby :-*

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Iris: The one who was tether hogging the ledge from you was one, Linko. :p

wut?

I only made that disclaimer recently because, what with what I had said originally when I was all upset, I didn't want people feeling like they had to walk on eggshells when they played with me. Let's just all play and relax and have fun, etc.

Posted by Ant

Quoting Linko_16: wut?

I only made that disclaimer recently because, what with what I had said originally when I was all upset, I didn't want people feeling like they had to walk on eggshells when they played with me. Let's just all play and relax and have fun, etc.

LET YOUR ANGRY BE FREE

Posted by cloud1570

not that much of the recent stuff is what ****es people off in brawl, but here is my stuff anyways

lucarios chaingrab- i know that chaingrabbing is accepted, but lucarios lasts to long IMO, tho i do use dedede's chaingrab when i can >.>;

edge hogging- this one cause i use all the tether recover characters

spam- see first post XD

Posted by Ch

What I'm still sore about is the fact that Grey Fox still isn't in the series.

I'm seriously ticked. Leave me alone.

Posted by Sonicthehedgehog1234

what ****es me of the most is when your wii remote shorts out when your eather over nothing or someone keeps attacking you when you say "stop my wii remote has shorted out!!!" also when you are playing 2 player mode in sub space emmesisary mode and your "friend kills you by throwing a bomb-ob at you and you die ecspecially when you are against tabuu and he decides to throw it at you not him. TABUU HAD 1/10 OF HIS ****ING BAR LEFT!!!

Posted by Inuyasha

So i havnt rlly played the game but if i were to guess id say that falling off of the ***n racecar in the level Big Blue would ***s me off a lot.

Posted by Inuyasha

Well i havnt played the game that much but if i were to guess id say that fallin off of the ***n racecares in the Big Blue would ***s me off a lot.

Posted by Inuyasha

what the **** was that it said i erased the other one!!!!

Posted by final kaoss

Are you using puppet accounts here? According to this thread it looks like it.

Quoting junior senior: [COLOR="White"]IP Address Search for IP Address: "67.142.161.18"
67.142.161.18 : host671420018161.direcway.com
Post IP Addresses

* Inuyasha 67.142.161.18 [Find Posts by User] [View Other IP Addresses for this User]
* Light Yagami 67.142.161.18 [Find Posts by User] [View Other IP Addresses for this User]
* Sonicthehedgehog1234 67.142.161.18 [Find Posts by User] [View Other IP Addresses for this User]

Registration IP Addresses

* Inuyasha 67.142.161.18 [Find Posts by User] [View Other IP Addresses for this User]
* Light Yagami 67.142.161.18 [Find Posts by User] [View Other IP Addresses for this User]
* Sonicthehedgehog1234 67.142.161.18 [Find Posts by User] [View Other IP Addresses for this User]

k[/COLOR]

Quoting Inuyasha: So i havnt rlly played the game but if i were to guess id say that falling off of the ***n racecar in the level Big Blue would ***s me off a lot.

Posted by Stalolin

man, we should just stop caring about puppet accounts until they get really annoying

Posted by final kaoss

:D[IMG]http://vgchat.com/signaturepics/sigpic8398412_1.gif[/IMG]

Quoting Stalolin: man, we should just stop caring about puppet accounts until they get really annoying

Posted by Phantasm

Campers.

and Mr Game & Watch users.

Posted by cloud1570

Quoting Phantasma: Campers.

and Mr Game & Watch users.

i second the mr. gw comment lol

Posted by Ant

gw doesn't bother me. chain grabbing ice climbers on the other hand do.

Posted by cloud1570

Quoting Ant: gw doesn't bother me. chain grabbing ice climbers on the other hand do.

which reminds me, i havent been able to master that yet >.>

Posted by Ant

oh, remembered something else. when people only choose the female/cute characters. not sure why exactly, just does.

Posted by Aioros

Oh, like you.

Posted by Ant

except I don't! The only female character I'm even remotely good with is Peach, and maybe Jigglypuff. Samas, ZSS, and Zelda/Shiek I just play when I'm messing around.

Posted by coromoro

Yeah, Samas is fun.

Posted by O.T.L

I hate Meta knights specials (except downB) they're too tough.

Posted by Ant

I've been having a lot more fun with Samus and ZSS lately. Large selection of attacks to choose from and mess with opponents.

Posted by O.T.L

I've actually made Samus my secondary to Link

I miss waking up early in the morning and looking at the updates. :(

Posted by Ant

would you go as far to say that it ****es you off though?

Posted by final kaoss

Olimars **** me off... >.<

Quoted post: except I don't! The only female character I'm even remotely good with is Peach, and maybe Jigglypuff. Samas, ZSS, and Zelda/Shiek I just play when I'm messing around.

ZSS, Zelda/Shiek are my main characters lol

Posted by final kaoss

my mains are toon link, wario, wolf, zss/samus, ike and lucas. Sometimes captain falcon & mario

Posted by cloud1570

Quoting final kaoss: Olimars **** me off... >.<

hi :D

Posted by Corrupt

Quoting final kaoss: Olimars **** me off... >.<

hey what's up

Posted by Aioros

Quoting Ant: except I don't! The only female character I'm even remotely good with is Peach, and maybe Jigglypuff. Samas, ZSS, and Zelda/Shiek I just play when I'm messing around.

Oh. I don't why when I think of Ant, I think of Peach or girly anime weaboo characters.;)

Tornado spammers used to pi[COLOR="Yellow"]s[/COLOR]s me off until i figured out how to succesfully move the shield around. Point upwards and towards where the tornado is hitting you and you'll likely not get sucked up in it. Then I quickly move in for a free hit and make sure it counts, that way they'll think twice about pulling s[COLOR="Yellow"]h[/COLOR]it like that again.