Lawl Kris-chunz.

Posted by Kendra, Warrior Babe

Makes me wanna go play Dungeons & Dragons. I actually have a cousin who goes to one of these colleges.

http://www.pensacolachristiancollege.com/rules.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pensacola_Christian_College#Controversies_involving_PCC

Under Mens' dress code: [quote]You may not allow the end of your belt to hang down from the belt-loops resembling a phallus.

Under Womens' dress code: [quote]You may not wear pants in your dorm, although sweats ARE permitted after prayer group.
Okay, with this one, I must ask... why are sweats permitted only after prayer meetings? Why then, and not before or later?

Under dorm rules: [quote]You may not put up a picture of unmarried people in physical contact unless they are "little kids."

Perhaps, this one makes a tiny bit of sense, but not much. After all, it goes with the sexist / religious theme: [quote]Women are not allowed to hold off campus jobs. (All school jobs during the year pay minimum wage or below)

Under Social Interaction: [quote]Siblings of the opposite sex should not interact in unchaperoned areas to abstain from the "appearance of evil."

and

[quote]"It is proper, although not required, for a young man to give a corsage to his date and for a young lady to give a boutonniere. It is not appropriate for plants, fruit, stuffed animals, and other such items to be brought to Fine Arts programs."

Miscellanious Offenses:

[quote]Possession of an electric guitar or amplifier.

[quote]Horseplay. This is completely subjective and can be for anything from loudness to throwing a pillow.

"Indirect Horseplay." This appears to be watching "horseplay" from a distance without doing anything to stop it/being entertained by it.

[quote]Possession or use of tobacco/alcohol/controlled substances (includes glue).

[quote]"Squealing" tires.

And, oh? My personal favorite: [quote]You may not wipe "boogers" on the wall. This is being cracked down on.

[quote]Finally there is IMPROPER PROCEDURE, which is a catch-all for anything you do which they don't want you to do, but hadn't thought of making it a rule yet.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

lawl what a precise cross-section of the christian religion

Posted by #061402

I lol'd pretty hard. Rules like these never cease to amuse me.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Idk what I'd do if I couldn't pretend my belt was a penis...

Posted by Tyler Durden

Religion is bogus, it's rules like that that I just loved breaking in highschool. The "asking for it to happen" cause and effect.

Soon I discovered that this rock thing was true
Jerry lee lewis was the devil
Jesus was an architect previous to his career as a prophet
All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world
So there was only one thing that I could do
Was ding a ding dang my dang a long ling long

Posted by #061402

Basically, telling a kid they can't do this or that means they will do it. Without exception. (Unless you scare it ****less every day, I guess. Or if they're smart enough to sit back and watch someone else do it first, and learn from it. (Haha!))

It's in their mindset. They want to rebel and find out stuff their ancestors found out the hard way.

Posted by Kyuuketsuki

I was raised in a pretty religious household for a while. Eventually my mother just gave up; she seen that keeping me from experiencing certain "worldly" things is something she couldn't hide from me for long. These rules are way beyond what I had to follow, but they are a tad ridiculous.

I'll wipe my boogers on walls if I want, while playing a guitar.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Under Womens' dress code:
Quote:
You may not wear pants in your dorm, although sweats ARE permitted after prayer group.

Shoulda just cut to the chase and said "NO CLOTHES ARE PERMITTED ANYWHERE" then everyone would've been content. Save for women, but this is a religious school, they don't matter.

Posted by Xero

Glad I wasn't raised under those rules. Geez. 0_o

Posted by ExoXile

[quote=#061402;891735]Unless you scare it ****less every day, I guess. Or if they're smart enough to sit back and watch someone else do it first, and learn from it.
Or you know, you could just tell the kids about the christian dark ages.
Wouldn't wanna mess with them after that.

Posted by dadudemon

Holy Lord Almighty!

People who believe, and I say this as heart-felt as possible from my Christian heart, things like this are good should cut off their privates, wear straight jackets, and be put into sensroy depravation rooms. That or be forced to watch two unmarried people have wild unprotected lovin's who aree doing drugs and listening to "satan's music".

Man, I would love to c*ck slap one of the female administrators right in the face during one of the prayer meetings...mid sentence would be best.

But, this is the U.S. and everyone is entitled to their freedom of religion. If someone chose to go to that school, they want the restrictions.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

I like the clever use of advocating violence and self-mutilation under the guise of a christian heart

followed by a blase reference to freedom of religion.

neat.

Posted by Klarth

this sounds like a far more liberal version of my high school

Posted by WillisGreeny

[quote=dadudemon;893407]
or be forced to watch two unmarried people have wild unprotected lovin's who aree doing drugs and listening to "satan's music".

You left out the interracial part.

YOU MUSTN'T FORGET THE INTERRACIAL PART.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

You know what's a funny religion? Methodism. Lots of those around here and they all wear the ugliest dresses I've ever seen. Shop at walmart a lot too.