BANJO KAZOOIE NUTS AND BOLTS

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banjo-Kazooie:_Nuts_%26_Bolts

this game will own if you were 8 years old when the first one came out like i was holy **** it's looking good

Posted by Ant

looks pretty meh. still, might get it just for a platforman fix

Posted by David M. Awesome

Makes me think of that old Lego Island game.

Posted by cool gamer dad

so getting this.

i play through the first almost every winter lol :[

Posted by Dexter

I never even got to go through Banjo-Tooie. One of the biggest 64 misses I had.

I don't know about this one yet, only because there are so many other games coming out soon that demand my attention. I might be a late bloomer with this title but no doubt that I'll eventually venture through it.

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

if you pre-order it you get the first banjo game from n64 for free on the live arcade, ohh billlllly!!

Posted by Prince Shondronai

I'm looking forward to the game, though I'd prefer more platforming, less vehicular animal-slaughter. It'll be on my Jesusmas list.

Posted by maian

I am very disappointed that the main focus is vehicles. =/

However, that's not to say I don't want it. Course, not that I can't get it since I don't even have a 360 LOL.

Nonetheless, I loooved the platforming of Banjo Kazooie. It saddens me so much to see the traditional formula of learning new moves and junk gone, but the vehicles should provide some fun anyway. It is a lot more appealing after reading that article, though. It really makes me happy that they're doing a lot work to keep a lot of traditional BK elements, like all the characters and junk.

Posted by Dexter

I like the direction their taking. I wouldn't be as interested if I didn't see they were attempting to do something new with this game. Also, a chance at creating and embellishing something sounds delightful right about now. Maybe it's the cosplayer in me, but I see myself taking a long time perfecting my rides. That's really where most of my hopes for this game is, with the customizations.

Posted by Al Borland

This game is gonna be tits I can't wait to play Banjo again

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

SUCK IT LITTLEBIGPLANET FAGS

but yeah, kinda sucks that they're not even including the kazooie double jump.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Looks pretty lame if you ask me. The main world stuff looks all right, but once you get into the mission worlds all you do is build a vehicle that will succeed in pulling off the objective. Unless I'm missing something more, that's not exactly what I want from a Banjo game. The worlds should be more of an adventure than "BUILD THIS TO COMPLETE THIS."

Plus, too many other good games coming out to even care about it.

Posted by maian

Quoting The X: SUCK IT LITTLEBIGPLANET FAGS

but yeah, kinda sucks that they're not even including the kazooie double jump.

I WILL MAKE THIS GAME IN LITTLEBIGPLANET

or something

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

It's only 50 bucks and pre-ordering it gets you a free $15 arcade game... Can all ways buy it and put it on the back burner... Gears of War 2 can't last forever... or can it??

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

demo impressions:

- THIS **** IS GONNA RULE

expanded demo impressions:

- making the first level a giant banjo-kazooie museum was ****ing awesome.
- the orchestrated medley was great. freezey peak transitioning into rusty bucket bay? hell yeah.
- i built a bomber plane in about 5 minutes, the vehicle builder is pretty ****ing deep but simple enough that kids can understand
- rare's writing is even better now. garbage bin full of copies of grabbed by the ghoulies, fanboy rage, banjo-tooie was a rehash, paying 1000 notes to find out the secret behind stop n swop (they never bothered implemeting it), forced innovation... pretty good satire of gaman industy.
- will be buying, probably once i get all the big hitters out the way

there's a demo? well ****.

I'll probably pick this up in late january or march if it's any good. Not before christmas though.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

first thing you should build: a seat with a spring on it

endless fun, except the spring usually breaks from one or two high impact landings

SOUNDS PRETTY POINTLESS

unless it's an ejector seat

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

its not really a practical transport, but the strength of the spring is proportional to the weight of the object it's attached to, and the seat has a mass of like <0.1, so you can launch yourself miles into the air

fuuuuck, totally doing that. guessing there's no fall damage...

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

every part of your vehicle can take damage and fall off, but it's just a case of screwing it back on if it does. and you can't die.

Quoted post: and you can't die.

Wait, at all? Ever?

Haha, wow. Even the original games could kill you.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

there's a recharging health meter (YES, ITS EVEN IN BANJO-KAZOOIE NOW). if you run out of health, banjo just collapses and you have to keep slapping him with kazooie until he wakes up and just goes back to business.

I have to admit, that's one the stupidest things I've ever read. Having played Fable II I thought "surely, this is the lamest punishment for death ever" but I think Nuts and Bolts easily surpasses that. Wow.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

the game's mostly about using your contraptions in challenges (building a tank to protect clanker and making something that throws a jinjo high into the air are the best ones i tried so far) so i guess surviving isnt all that big a deal any more

Guess that makes sense actually... but why even have a "death" animation? Waste of time. Surely there's a better work around.

Posted by inequity

****! Unfortunately Im not blessed with an HDTV in my room, and the text is impossible to read. And since no one speaks normally I don't know whats going on.

Posted by Last Fog

Just played some of the demo and wow, this is horrible. I hate everything about this filth. The environments are just a bunch of incoherent **** everywhere. Like they couldn't decide on any type of theme so they threw a whole bunch of horrible ideas in a bag and made a disaster. The text with the Sims noises makes me want to kill someone. Seriously, every game should be beyond that. The caveman talk is ****ing annoying. The menus are horrible. The whole thing looks and feels sloppy. Burn in hell, Rare Ware.

Posted by maian

I hope more people say this sucks so I don't despair over not having an Xbox.

Still, I take comfort in knowing that Rare hasn't made one game that's half as good as any of their N64 games since they moved to Xbox! It's good for me, anyway.

Posted by David M. Awesome

Rare/Nintendo for life.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Last Fog;896017]The environments are just a bunch of incoherent **** everywhere.pretty sure that's the idea when you're in a town made out of spare parts and ****

I was going to download this, then I heard the Mirror's Edge demo is coming out tomorrow, so that's not happening.

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting The X: pretty sure that's the idea when you're in a town made out of spare parts and ****
No. It looks horrible. Take away any nostalgia you might have and this game is garbage. I go could on about all the little things that made me sick, like how you click to talk to someone and Banjo has to make an awkward semi circle around to stand directly in front of them. Terrible.

Also, Mirrors Edge demo? Please let that not be a rumor because I can't wait to play it.

It's confirmed to be tomorrow. I was gonna download it for the PS3 because it hit today, but I'm too lazy to hook it up.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

fuuuuuuuuuck too many gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaames

why, when i drop out of school and work 8 - 12 hours a week, are there no games

then when i go to college a billion games come out right before exam period ****

because you dropped out during gaming drought and decided to go back to school in the fall?

EVERY YEAR

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

i bought beautiful katamari one month, and spent the majority of my time posting alone on vgc

ffffffffffffffffff

sounds like a good way to spend your time.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

i let my cousins play this game last night when they came over for trick or treating, they're the same age i was when banjo-kazooie came out on the n64

'this is the retardedest thing i ever saw, why would you want to be a bear, that's just gay'

well fuuuuuuck you kids

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

also, i found the box with rotor blades and additional springs. HELICOPTER TIME

Quoted post:
'this is the retardedest thing i ever saw, why would you want to be a bear, that's just gay'

well fuuuuuuck you kids

Kids are a lot different these days. Everything that's not blood and tits is gay.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

the internet has matured them prematurely

mario would've been a flop if he was a new IP

Posted by Last Fog

Yeah, it's really a shame that a game like Little Big Planet stands little chance of being a huge success.

But Nuts and Balls sucks either way so it's just as well kids refuse to play it rather than waste their parents money only to find out that it's ****.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

go back to history channel civil war

Quoted post: Yeah, it's really a shame that a game like Little Big Planet stands little chance of being a huge success.

I'm surprised it's not being marketed harder. Haven't seen an LBP commercial yet, but I've seen the Fallout commercial, like, fifty times.

*Sigh* Next Rare'll announce a Jet Force Gemini sequel, except it's a Wario's Woods-style puzzle game with floaty physics.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;896843]I'm surprised it's not being marketed harder. Haven't seen an LBP commercial yet, but I've seen the Fallout commercial, like, fifty times.FO3 is the first game I've ever seen advertised at a bus stop. Was driving past a couple of days ago and almost crashed cause I was like 'WUUUUUUUUUUUH VAULT BOY ON A BUS STOP?!?!!?!?!'

If MS is good at anything it's marketing. I mean, all the FO3 commercials I've seen have had the Xbox logo after it and everything. Sony needs to step it up.

Posted by Last Fog

I've seen two different LBP commercials, and I rarely watch TV. But they just made it look like a children's game, even though one showed the Kratos outfit.

Posted by Ant

SO I JUST PLAYED THE DEMO FOR THIS GAME TOO(other being Mirror's Edge) and I must say that I was really taken away by it. The style, the music(**** yeah click clock woods orchestrated), and the building of vehicles doesn't seem as cumbersome as I was expecting. ONE COMPLAINT: Who the **** thought super tiny text was a good idea? I have a 25in TV and even right next to it I can barely decipher the ****ing stuff.

Posted by Shade

Never played a Banjo-Kazooie game. Is this game likeable without any of the nostalgia factor?

Posted by Ant

I never played the other ones but I still enjoyed it. I just knew that one song from the previous games and like it a whole bunch :)

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

freezeey peak and rusty bucket are pwnage

Posted by Ant

the small text really ****es me off though.

It'll get fixed. Dead Rising had the same issue and that was patched.

Though, how Rare let that slide almost three years after Dead Space boggles my mind.

Posted by Ant

dead rising got a patch for that? weird...one friend never got it I guess :/

and you must live in some bizzaro world where dead space came out three years ago.

oh, meant dead rising. same difference

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

hopefully there are locked-in-position wheels later in the game because ******* i am getting sick of having four trolley wheels ruining my races

Posted by Dr. Rockso

Heard it its gonna have the origional Banjo-Kazooie on the game disc in addition to nuts & bolts. I'd definetley pick it up just for that if its true.

Not included. It's being released through XBLA, though I think preorders get it for free.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Banjo-Tooie's coming to XBLA, too, with Stop n Swop connectivity. Might be just enough to get me to buy it.

Posted by YouDontKnow

im pretty stoked to get this....brings back some good memories as well

Posted by Ant

also read on kotaku that they aren't going to fix the tiny text.

****ing hell.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

get an HDTV or be left in the dust, fag

Posted by Last Fog

Ha, I remember Dead Rising being notorious for this over two years ago. Just another bullet on the list of things that make this a shoddy game.

I admit I have a somewhat irrational hatred for Rare at this point, but regardless, the demo blows chunks.

Quoted post: also read on kotaku that they aren't going to fix the tiny text.

****ing hell.

They will. If I recall Capcom said something very similar until internet rage

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

once they get a few ****tily-done html petitions from the MIGHTY GAMER RACE (semper games) they'll change their minds!

just read it where they talk about it. They're all "IT'S TOO EXPENSIVE BAAAWWW" wow. That's pretty ****ing pathetic.

They'll still fix it though.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

isnt nuts and bolts are thirty bux game anyway, jesus christ

Posted by Ant

seriously, what the heck were they thinking? everyone who has an xbox has an HDtv?

well **** now I'm curious what the ratio of owners of 360 owners play on HDtv's.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

SEMPER HDTV GAMING

Quoted post: isnt nuts and bolts are thirty bux game anyway, jesus christ

30 bucks? Get the **** outta here.

Quoted post: well **** now I'm curious what the ratio of owners of 360 owners play on HDtv's.

Low. Definitely not close to 50% I'd wager.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

http://www.amazon.com/Banjo-Kazooie-Nuts-Bolts-Xbox-360/dp/B0019MLWL4/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1226067511&sr=8-9

40bux, woops

still p. good value

40 bucks? idk. Pretty good value, but 30 bucks was an auto-buy. This is a "maybe I'll wait until it's 30 bucks."

Posted by Ant

lol nvm guess they changed their minds

http://forums.banjo-kazooie.com/blogs/sample_weblog/archive/2008/11/08/13757.aspx

I'll buy it whenever they get that patch uploaded.

That sure was obvious.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

newflash: this is goty, or close to it

building stuff owns once you get parts like the retractable wings and the gyroscope

this guy

I'm going to rent it

Posted by cool gamer dad

I asked my mom to pick it up today lol.

Right after I realized she's gonna BS me and be like "oh uuuhhhhh.... it wasn't in stock sooooo.... guess i couldn't buy it... *buys for christmas*"

****ING MOM JEEZ guess I'll just have to go tomorrow and get it!

lol my mom does the same still. "What do you want for christmas" "uh, dead space I guess" "oh..."

two days later "mom, going out to the store" "don't buy dead space!" "already buy it?" "no they didn't have it" "buying dead space" "I SAID DON'T ****ING BUY IT"

every year

Posted by cool gamer dad

yeah she didn't text me back.

Banjo confirmed Christmas 2008

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

it owns. i came home from work tonight and turned it on just to show my brother the arwing i made

ended up spending 3 hours just messing around with the building materials and collecting more. awesome time waster.

- girl gamer references? specifically the frag dolls? check
- diddy kong racing references? check
- the xbox 360 hardware is a piece of **** references? check
- lost, heroes and house references? check
- being able to put pinatas on your car/boat/rocket/whatever? check
- this game owns? CHECK

owns.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I bought an hdtv just for my xbox. Everyone should do the same.

Posted by Ant

DID THE PATCH COME OUT YET?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

i had to install a patch first time i loaded it up, not sure if it did anything cause i have an HDTV

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

yeah, just checked, the patch is out now

Posted by cool gamer dad

x, how did you like those mad blueprints i sent u

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

i havent checked them out yet, gonna do so when i go on later

i'll send you some of mine!!

Posted by Ant

Quoting The X: yeah, just checked, the patch is out now

oh, maybe I'll get it soon then :cool:

I'm thoroughly enjoying the game. You can finally see Rare's old charm on this game. Good to know they've still got it.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

ant, did you play it yet

i'm p. happy because tonight i finally found a way to make a proper submarine

Posted by Ant

Yeah I've been playing it. 22 jiggs in. Though I'm still not too keen on the whole building process.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

WHAT

Posted by Ant

sorry buddy. just never cared much about the whole customization part of games. reminds me too much of the gummy ships from kingdom hearts

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

your ****ing a ******

I haven't made anything really cool-looking, yet. I'm just concentrating on functionality. I've got a quick plane, a little 4-wheeler with a cannon on it, a flying trolley with a rim around the tray, MegaWeapon (big, blocky behemoth with lots of engines and cannons), and a big flat claw-shaped cart for shoving stuff around with.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

CATS I FOUND A WAY TO GET SPEEDY OF THE COLOSSUS

- build a horizontal line of cubes and then keep adding to it until you've used 200
- stick a bunch of jets on to it w/ adequate fuel
- go to nutty acres
- drive around in water for like 5 secs

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

it would prolly be easier just to send you the blueprint

Posted by Ant

send it to me too

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

do you have jets

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

also it uses x4 super fuel, x4 large fuel, x4 medium fuel, x4 small fuel

i have all the parts in the game now so i guess that might be a problem

Posted by Ant

no I don't have that but I'd like it now so when I can use it I won't have to bother you or make my own :)

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

alright, i'll send it

Posted by inequity

Quoting The X: CATS I FOUND A WAY TO GET SPEEDY OF THE COLOSSUS

- build a horizontal line of cubes and then keep adding to it until you've used 200
- go to nutty acres

or you can do what everyone else does and fly to the top of nutty acres with any plane, hit the ceiling and switch to the 200 block vehicle you made. You'll fall down and reach max speed on the way.

Also, the 200 block vehicle needs the minimum required parts for a vehicle to move (1 engine, 1 fuel, 4 wheels, seat). I put everything from jets to engines when I first tried it and it wouldn't unlock. Just a tip.

Quoted post: your ****ing a ******

did you really expect anything less from ant?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=inequity;919903]or you can do what everyone else does and fly to the top of nutty acres with any plane, hit the ceiling and switch to the 200 block vehicle you made. You'll fall down and reach max speed on the way.

Also, the 200 block vehicle needs the minimum required parts for a vehicle to move (1 engine, 1 fuel, 4 wheels, seat). I put everything from jets to engines when I first tried it and it wouldn't unlock. Just a tip.doesn't work post-patch

I don't understand why developers patch exploits that can be used to unlock achievements or benign exploits. Like the dupe glitch in Oblivion.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

guitar hero 3 had a glitch that unlocked about 30% of the game's achievements for failing a song, it owned

Posted by inequity

Quoting The X: doesn't work post-patch

Are you sure? Because that's how I got mine after a few tries.

Quoted post: guitar hero 3 had a glitch that unlocked about 30% of the game's achievements for failing a song, it owned

GHII on the PS2 would've owned in terms of glitches if it had achievements. Not entirely sure if any carried over to the xbox version... should try it out someday .

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

they did. i have the 'beat jordan on expert' achievement cause of that ****

Posted by Slade

Tell me another story about how you outsmarted Nuts and Bolts with an awesome invention, granpda x

Posted by cool gamer dad

Quoting The X: CATS I FOUND A WAY TO GET SPEEDY OF THE COLOSSUS

- go to nutty acres

oh dang bro, just saw this. rockin'. i'm gonna be the achievement maestro.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Slade;920575]Tell me another story about how you outsmarted Nuts and Bolts with an awesome invention, granpda xthere's a mission where you have to play against Gruntilda at water polo. the object of the game is to hit as many inflatable balls into the goal as you can, while grunty pops them in her shark-shaped motorboat. the game suggests you build a boat that can push objects and withstand attacks from gruntilda.

instead i built a helicopter with a giant vacuum cleaner on the bottom. just hovered above the pool and sucked up all the inflatable balls at once, carrying them to the goal mouth while gruntilda drove around aimlessly in the water. owned.

Posted by Slade

:) why do I get so much joy out of reading those. my imagination is running wild!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

so there's this mission where you have to race against a really ****ing fast car over a really narrow track. it's a pain in the *** if you attempt it in a fast car and try outrunning him. the AI is too good and its car is too fast.

so what i did: built a pretty decent car, but then used an attacher/detacher to put a whole load of heavy blocks onto the front of the car, which would make it go really ****ing slow. stupid right? well i then attached a sticky ball to the front of the mass of heavy blocks. a sticky ball is essentially a ball on a chain then you can extend and retract - it sticks to any physics object and allows you to pick them up.

so i start the race, and let the AI racer get ahead of me. immediately, i fire the sticky ball ahead of me. it catches onto the ai racer. i then hit the attacher/detacher, and the big mass of heavy blocks breaks off my car. now my opponent is stuck to a huge weight and can only crawl along, while i whizz past him. HELL. YEAH.

Posted by Ant

wish I could actually be motivated to do something like that. or even build a car period.

Posted by Slade

Haha that last one is gold, too. I wanna play this game.

Quoted post: they did. i have the 'beat jordan on expert' achievement cause of that ****

huh, ****. only reason I booted up that game was to get that achievement. how'd you unlock it, what was the glitch? Cause it it's not time consuming and works on everything... easy achievements WOOOOOOO

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;920977]huh, ****. only reason I booted up that game was to get that achievement. how'd you unlock it, what was the glitch? Cause it it's not time consuming and works on everything... easy achievements WOOOOOOO> go to practice mode
> let a song run until its at the end and there's no more notes coming
> keep pulling the controller in and out of the socket until the chart continues on infinitely
> quit practice
> congratulations, you have created a no-fail mode that doesnt block achievements

haha, jeez. How is that not patched? Should try it, but I doubt I will. Lazy as ****

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

it might have been patched since i did it but i did it about a year after release so probably not

definitely not. Guess it makes sense. Pretty much just released it for extra money, doubt they cared to fix anything.

Also, I just watched ****ing one hour on skate 2 on 1UP. Was almost thinking of buying it before I watched that. Turns out one hour of watching people play it was all I really needed. Pass.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

fuuuuuuuuuuuuck it owns

skate 2 owns

Not that great. Needs a heck more polish.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

the only thing i dont really like about it right now are the physics objects

buggy as hell

walking around.

once I realised you couldn't back up that was pretty much enough for me.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

couldn't get back up from bails and ****?

just knowing that the skating part could be so polished and the walking around part so horrible... didn't compute. Plus, little things like the cars and create-a-character felt like a tony hawk game from last-gen or even from the n64 era.

should be more like burnout paradise for online too.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

it pretty much IS burnout paradise for online though

back button to invite people in, skating round the city doing challenges and **** :confused:

Didn't look the same at all. Looked more like it was mode-based containing challenges.

Mind you, I've only played the demo so I could be missing something huge here. Not really knocking the game (besides the bit I've played which did suck) but it's just what I'm looking at and going all "nah." Probably wrong about the online bit, but that doesn't really matter.

Still plan to play it so I can say "nah. here's why..." though

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

there's a mode where you can skate freely around the city and activate challenges that are either general (do a 540 grab) or area-specific (get 1000 points on this wall), like burnout paradise

Posted by Ant

YEAH BANJO & KAZOOIE ****ING OWNS

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

why do you lie to me

Posted by Slade

I never played the N64 games, but I still get a banjo craving deep inside when I read about other people playing his games.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

buy a 360 and download the original game on live arcade

it still owns